00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

The Wii U 2020-10-11 16:32:13

The Wii U Is One Confusing Ass Console

iu_179274_8104763.jpg

In The Meantime...Why Not Follow Me?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-11 19:35:22

Never played it, I heard it was bad.

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-12 11:05:38

When i have 7 or 6 years old i actually love it playing the games on this console, i know the videogame design is horrible but the console design does not make the games library bad, sadly, i give up nintendo when switch launched in 2 years ago when i was waiting to the videogame become more cheap and not so expensive in my country, I love and hate you nintendo

Learning Animation And Art But Specially GameDev and Programming

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-13 19:04:17

At 10/11/20 07:35 PM, Swabs wrote: Never played it, I heard it was bad.

The system itself wasn't bad - In fact, it's better in just about every way than the original Wii.

It's the lack of cutting-edge games and stagnant price that held it back.

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-13 20:13:17

At 10/13/20 07:04 PM, Painbringer wrote:
The system itself wasn't bad - In fact, it's better in just about every way than the original Wii.

Oh, good point. I never liked the original Wii, so I didn’t want to give another a try.

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-13 23:03:13

Damn the Wii U when I first had it I played it nonstop but I don’t really use it like that anymore I may play it like once every 3 months just to play Mario kart Wii

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-14 05:36:31

iu_180472_8146500.jpg

text of the decade: nobody likes wearing curly hairs

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-14 06:08:25

At 10/11/20 04:32 PM, SumKidWhoFartz wrote: The Wii U Is One Confusing Ass Console

The Wii u wasn't bad it just sold like shit and people didn't have a reason to buy it most of the games on the wii u were sequals to DS and Wii games like new super Mario bros now with the letter U at the end!

It didn't get many games or good games because if they had good games no one would play them because no one owns the console

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-14 06:40:28

The wii U is a shit console. If the WiiU pad is broken or if it's internal anntena to the console wares out consider yourself SOL. If you have parental controls implemented, you need that stupid tablet to put in the numbers, infact the console was programed to be quite dependent on the tablet. The Wii U has an amazing Library, don't get me wrong but the console on it's own is shit.

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-14 07:18:41 (edited 2020-10-14 07:18:51)

The WiiU gets too much hate, it had really good games.

The Switch is basically a handheld WiiU (but you have to buy all the games again), and for some reason people love that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-14 07:59:09

At 10/11/20 04:32 PM, SumKidWhoFartz wrote: The Wii U Is One Confusing Ass Console

It was one part had potential to be a great console, but on the other hand... What the fuck were Nintendo thinking during this era? It was the last free multiplayer console, had access to retro games without a hassle. Though I didn't get it due to a mix of region locks, I no longer played consoles, and nintendo kept censoring their releases like Tokyo Mirage Session. Which TURNED me off completely as I love RPGS.

Join The Rat Cult and grasp firmly.

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-14 09:53:05

The Wii U was a crappy console that nobody really wanted, and by the time PS4 and Xbox One found their footing, the Wii U practically dropped dead, which is probably why most of their successful games ended up on the Switch.

At best, the Wii U is this generation’s version of the SEGA Saturn, a distant 3rd place console that blew their early lead and was relegated to being a stopgap for a better console.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-14 11:07:00

Nintendo thought using an inferior 32 bit processor rather than 64 bit like competitors was a brilliant idea.

My github account.

I have a schizoaffective diagnosis. In order to not be numbed by depression you will occasionally see me blog my thoughts.

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-15 19:46:53

Coming from a former Wii-U owner.

I used to own a Wii-U for 3 years (between 2015-2018), and I can tell you, it's really not a bad console. Although a lot of people thought otherwise. Over the 3 years of having the Wii-U, I haven't really had any issues with it (to my surprise). Although they have been only a couple of decent games, and those were really the only games I played.

On March 1st, 2018, I end up trading in my Wii-U system for a Switch because GameStop was running a promo of trading in a console for double in-store credit (which came to $140), plus I got a $50 coupon for having a bunch of points and got my Nintendo Switch for $125, and literally the following week, Smash Ultimate was announced.

Now I looked back and seen on how bad the Wii-U was, and I was glad to Switch (no pun intended), especially after Smash Ultimate was announced (I played on my 3DS during the time), hell, I even found a Wii-U system (gamepad and all) at a Flea Market being sold for $50 just recently, no joke.

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-16 03:12:26

You ever notice how the glossy plastic finish made it look like a child's toy?

Dora's Bike | Descent Club | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-16 07:40:51

yeah some games where unplayable becuse of how some stuff require you to use the wiii u pad while playing wich (sometimes) makes it hard as fuck like the wii sports game on wii u

are they smoking weed?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-16 07:42:26

At 10/14/20 09:53 AM, orangebomb wrote: The Wii U was a crappy console that nobody really wanted, and by the time PS4 and Xbox One found their footing, the Wii U practically dropped dead, which is probably why most of their successful games ended up on the Switch.

At best, the Wii U is this generation’s version of the SEGA Saturn, a distant 3rd place console that blew their early lead and was relegated to being a stopgap for a better console.

yeah no one really talked about the wii u the only people i knew who talked about the wii u where nintendo fans and nintendo youtubers while others talked about the playstation 4 and xbox one

are they smoking weed?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-16 07:43:24

At 10/16/20 03:12 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: You ever notice how the glossy plastic finish made it look like a child's toy?

yeah like it looks like the same toy as the nes

are they smoking weed?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-16 14:03:37

At 10/14/20 07:18 AM, matt-likes-swords wrote: The WiiU gets too much hate, it had really good games.
The Switch is basically a handheld WiiU (but you have to buy all the games again), and for some reason people love that.

Yeah, I love the design of the switch and all, but it the games lineup just isn't as exciting. They had a great first year with a completely new Zelda and 3D Mario and then the momentum faded. Smash, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Mariokart, all were pretty new on the WiiU but with their sequel or deluxe edition they aren't as fresh anymore. For some of these games, what makes them stand out from their WiiU counterpart didn't get added until around a year after launch.

Thankfully, I think they're reaching the end of what WiiU games they can re release, so they gotta make new games now.

Right?

Current project state:

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-16 15:46:44

At 10/16/20 07:43 AM, scatman2 wrote:
At 10/16/20 03:12 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: You ever notice how the glossy plastic finish made it look like a child's toy?
yeah like it looks like the same toy as the nes

absolutely not, the NES has a matte finish

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-16 15:56:07

At 10/16/20 02:03 PM, mayorDump wrote:
At 10/14/20 07:18 AM, matt-likes-swords wrote: The WiiU gets too much hate, it had really good games.
Yeah, I love the design of the switch and all, but it the games lineup just isn't as exciting. They had a great first year with a completely new Zelda and 3D Mario and then the momentum faded. Smash, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Mariokart, all were pretty new on the WiiU but with their sequel or deluxe edition they aren't as fresh anymore. For some of these games, what makes them stand out from their WiiU counterpart didn't get added until around a year after launch.
Thankfully, I think they're reaching the end of what WiiU games they can re release, so they gotta make new games now.

Right?

It's obvious that Nintendo blew their load with the Switch's lineup in 2017 and 2018, but you're overlooking a few huge releases, like Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing. There has been absolutely nothing since, though. Hopefully Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity can fill the void that 2020 has been so far. My Switch basically sits for a few months between every big release, and then I cannot put it down for a month when a big game comes out. It's a feast or famine console. It makes a good secondary console, with Xbox/PC taking most of my main gaming, and Switch is there for backup.

I don't think it's fair to compare Smash Ultimate to Smash 4, though. Ultimate made me forget about Smash4.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-16 16:27:16

At 10/16/20 03:56 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: It's obvious that Nintendo blew their load with the Switch's lineup in 2017 and 2018, but you're overlooking a few huge releases, like Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing. There has been absolutely nothing since, though. Hopefully Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity can fill the void that 2020 has been so far. My Switch basically sits for a few months between every big release, and then I cannot put it down for a month when a big game comes out. It's a feast or famine console. It makes a good secondary console, with Xbox/PC taking most of my main gaming, and Switch is there for backup.

I don't think it's fair to compare Smash Ultimate to Smash 4, though. Ultimate made me forget about Smash4.

True, I overlooked a lot. We'll add Luigi's Mansion to that list, though it doesn't have the wide appeal that those other ones have.

When I compare Smash Ultimate to Smash 4, it's mostly because of the excitement I had for either. I remember Smash 4 was a huge deal after having Brawl for so long, with a bunch of new stuff. The new fighters, 8 player mode, and being the first HD Smash to boot. Ultimate, in comparison, came out only long enough after for me to start to get tired of 4. I was clearly built off the back of 4 and, while refining a ton, didn't bring as much exciting new stuff. It isn't until after a long line of DLC does the game feel more unique. I feel basically the same about the other games I mentioned.

Don't get me wrong, Ultimate is great and made me forget about 4 too. But it was harder to be as excited for it, yaknow?

Current project state:

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-16 19:18:54

I played one before. It’s ok

/Alesada ._.

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-16 20:03:46

I never used Wii U. I only use vr headsets

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-16 20:30:57

the Wii U was more like a stepping stone to the Switch. It honestly wasn't too bad of a console however boot and loading times was poor due to its 32 bit processor. i honestly put Nintendo on the back-burner after the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox One came out. But i did have one of these few years ago.

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-17 02:57:20

At 10/16/20 08:30 PM, Alphawolf27 wrote: the Wii U was more like a stepping stone to the Switch. It honestly wasn't too bad of a console however boot and loading times was poor due to its 32 bit processor. i honestly put Nintendo on the back-burner after the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox One came out. But i did have one of these few years ago.

Yeah

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-17 03:04:24

I was kinda low on cash around the time it came out, so I sat on it for a while. Ended up getting a PS4 instead. I kinda want one now for collecting purposes, even though 90% of the good games on there are or will be Switch games. I think I want a WIi U instead of a Switch for now.

-con

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-17 03:39:32

Remember fucking Meme Run? They let anyone on the Eshop.

This game sucks turkey dick!

Best Toon

For the love of GOD don't click on this!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-17 04:50:04

At 10/17/20 03:39 AM, Deity-Donkus wrote:

Remember fucking Meme Run? They let anyone on the Eshop.

Oh god...

Response to The Wii U 2020-10-17 10:46:24

At 10/13/20 07:04 PM, Painbringer wrote

In fact, it's better in just about every way than the original Wii.

I somewhat disagree, the original Wii wasn't great but the thing about it was how easy it was to use for everyone. Even a grandma could understand how to use a Wii and play a game like Wii Sports with her family. It had a gimmick and it was very good at that gimmick. Sure, the Wii U could play Wii games and do everything the Wii did, but I just don't think the gamepad was as appealing to most people.

BBS Signature