00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Game You are Currently Playing

4,776 Views | 387 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-15 12:26:49

At 1/15/21 12:25 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 1/15/21 12:18 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 1/15/21 12:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Also I'm finding the game to be more enjoyable than I thought it'll be. I can see why some don't like it as it's different and all, but I like it.
I haven't played it yet, but does it have the oldschool pokemon battle challenges? Or is this just a collection game?
Well it's certainly a collection game, though I haven't done any battling as I haven't left my house yet since starting the game. What challenges do you mean?

Are there any pokemon battles against ingame npcs or other players? What about a local gym or league challenge?

I put an african elephant in my fridge but I don't know how to get it out...

I'm usually over here.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-15 12:27:08

I recently bought the Scott Pilgrim game on launch.

This game sucks turkey dick!

Best Toon

The Worst Thread In The Galaxy

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-15 12:30:43

At 1/15/21 12:26 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 1/15/21 12:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Also I'm finding the game to be more enjoyable than I thought it'll be. I can see why some don't like it as it's different and all, but I like it.
I haven't played it yet, but does it have the oldschool pokemon battle challenges? Or is this just a collection game?
Well it's certainly a collection game, though I haven't done any battling as I haven't left my house yet since starting the game. What challenges do you mean?
Are there any pokemon battles against ingame npcs or other players? What about a local gym or league challenge?

Yes, there's gym challenges and you can battle other players. As for NPCs, you can fight Team GO Rocket, who happen to have Shadow Pokemon. Shadow Pokemon are corrupted versions of Pokemon that haven't made an appearance since their home games of Pokemon Colosseum/XD until Pokemon GO brought them back.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-15 12:34:44

At 1/15/21 12:30 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Yes, there's gym challenges and you can battle other players. As for NPCs, you can fight Team GO Rocket, who happen to have Shadow Pokemon. Shadow Pokemon are corrupted versions of Pokemon that haven't made an appearance since their home games of Pokemon Colosseum/XD until Pokemon GO brought them back.

Aw man, this actually looks like fun! I'd like to try it when I get the chance.

I put an african elephant in my fridge but I don't know how to get it out...

I'm usually over here.

At 1/15/21 12:34 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 1/15/21 12:30 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Aw man, this actually looks like fun! I'd like to try it when I get the chance.

Feel the need to mention why I know all that. I may not have bothered to touch the game until now, but that doesn't mean I was out of the loop for what went on in it since then. When the game first came out, there was no Team GO Rocket or Shadow Pokemon and only the Kanto Pokemon were available, minus the legendaries. Now, last time I checked the first six generations of Pokemon are represented (including Mega evolutions) and you can catch legendaries.

It's sad though that the fanbase has been slandered as a bunch of idiots due to the actions of a few GO players severely lacking in common sense that didn't bother checking their surroundings or intentionally disregard them just to catch the ideal Pokemon. Some even died from doing that if I'm recalling correctly, and who knows what kind of dangerous real-life people a GO player would unknowingly bump paths with. At least the game itself tells players to be aware of their surroundings and avoid going to dangerous places. Good thing I'm not one of those clueless fans as I'm smart enough to know all that beforehand (the be aware of my surroundings and stay out of trouble part).

Also, you can't cheat the game by driving around in a car, you actually have to walk around on foot.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-15 17:25:01

As it's part of the objectives you'll need to do in order to get the Shiny Celebi, I just transferred some Pokemon from GO to Pokemon HOME. However when I checked on HOME, there was an error code of 400/9001. Looking it up the only solution to that error is to restart the whole app, which means going into the app settings and clearing the data. Anyways I set it all up again and once I did, the Pokemon I transferred came through.

This also means that I now have G-Max Melmetal as that's the reward for successfully transferring Pokemon from GO the first time. Lucky me, it has the type of characteristic I liked, which is one of the HP boosting ones.

Finally got out and played GO the way it was supposed to, as the weather was in my favor today. Well not temperature as if it weren't for the cold I would've been out longer. There's four PokeStops at the community center near me, that was where I went today. To replenish your Pokeballs without having to pay for more, you'll need to spin a Pokestop. That is, once you reach it and touch one on the phone you'll need to swipe the disk in the middle in order to spin the PokeStop for rewards. Fought my first Team GO Rocket grunt today, but was unable to catch the Shadow Pokemon.

Also there was a bunch of Machop out today due to the community event, and I happened to catch myself a Shiny Machop. What's funny is that I already have a Shiny Machamp I obtained years ago in Platinum back when it was a Machoke.

Currently, my trainer level is 11. I heard that the current trainer level cap is 50.

A while ago I opened the mystery box and caught Meltan. Could've caught more, but ran out of Pokeballs. If there's one gripe I have with the gameplay of Pokemon GO, it's that catching Pokemon is much more luck-based than the main series. In GO, catching a Pokemon is just like the Safari Zone/Swamp of the early main games in that you can throw Pokeballs at them as much as you want, but they can still run away from you (instead of using mud, you can use berries here). Not helping is that the Pokemon doesn't stay still all the time in addition to being difficult to judge distances especially when the Pokemon is small. Add the fact you can lose quite a few Pokeballs just by accidentally not throwing hard enough or throwing too hard and you got yourself a mechanic that's on the annoying side. Especially painful if you're losing Pokeballs like a Great Ball or a Ultra Ball.

The upside to all that is that the more of a certain Pokemon type you catch, the easier it'll be to catch Pokemon of that type.

Anyways, now I'm at level 12.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-17 22:43:23

Whew, almost done with the first part of the Shiny Celebi quest in Pokemon GO (there's four parts total). The last thing I need to fill out for this part is "evolve 3 Grass Pokemon". I fulfilled two-thirds of that with using two Turtwigs, and now I'm aiming to evolve Treecko, which I'm currently using as my partner Pokemon. Fittingly enough, Treecko's evolution Grovyle is one of the major characters from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, being from the same bad future as Celebi. Naturally, they wanted to stop said bad future from happening, which of course they succeeded. Given that the player character from that game used to be a human that was Grovyle's partner before unfortunate circumstances turned said player character into a Pokemon with amnesia, fitting you can have Grovyle be a partner in Pokemon GO. So yeah, definitely going to have Grovyle be my partner for the remainder of the event.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-18 00:17:50

Been playing Skyrim a lot. Got some ebony gear and I am fighting for the imperial legion this time instead of the rebel storm cloaks. Haven't done much of the campaign this time and I've really forgotten the parts of the main story I started years ago.

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-18 06:44:31

LISA: The Hopeful, because someone reccomended me it. i'm kind of stuck in it thought.

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-18 12:53:54

Lego city undercover, Pokemon TGC online, and mine craft dungeons

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-18 12:59:43

At 12/10/20 02:04 PM, Yomuchan wrote: Been playing and aiming to finish Super Mario World 3. It's amazing that such a huge game has such a tiny romdump.

:I never knew there was a Mario world 3.

At 12/8/20 02:45 PM, ChristmasShoes wrote: Been on a big Sonic Mania kick recently! I'd never played the "plus" content until now and I'm totally digging it.
How is it like?

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-18 13:00:48

At 12/22/20 08:57 AM, sirkaotik wrote:

10/10 game right there

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-18 13:03:50

At 1/18/21 12:53 PM, rainbowmineblox wrote: Lego city undercover, Pokemon TGC online, and mine craft dungeons

Also gemometry dash and asphalt 9

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-18 15:19:06

Just beat Infinite Dunamis and is now in a new game plus. In said new game plus, areas you couldn't get to in the original run is now unlocked. Pretty much any KEMCO game I've tried I liked, so definitely planning on getting more.

As for Pokemon GO, going to attempt to ride my bike for it. Walking is fun and all, but trying to do everything by walking is unfeasible due to how everything is scattered around you. Especially if you're trying to hatch eggs, they require a few kilometres to hatch and you'll quickly gather eggs if you visit Pokestops, so yeah I seek to hatch them all before I visit more Pokestops. Too bad a regular bike doesn't have a speedometer, that'll be useful as the game only really works if you're moving 15 miles per hour and below as otherwise it'll think you're in a car.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-18 15:44:57

Finished "Curse of the Azure Bonds" (DOS) the other day and now I am playing the sequel "Secret of the Silver Blades" (DOS).

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-18 21:46:12

ty the tasmanian tiger

YouTube (Commentary/Gaming)

Wegra is my hunky daddy

BLM|Antifa

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-18 22:12:34

I'm playing West of Loathing (got it off Steam)

A point and click western

It's cute

iu_227251_1414829.jpg

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Well like I said yesterday I attempted to use my bike for Pokemon GO yesterday. Keyword being "attempted" because as soon as the garage door opened, I saw to my dismay that my bike is all the way back in the garage, buried behind several Christmas lawn decorations. Think it's clear I have my work cut out for me. At least yesterday I walked a personal best of over 2 and a half miles, as the community center near me has a walkpath that wraps around the perimeter and the map of it actually tells you its estimated length is 1.25 miles, so yeah I did two laps. Would've went for a third lap but by then the cold was getting to me, I'm no Elsa!

Think the last time I walked for a mile or more (along a path that is, I'm not counting my many trips to museums as said museums can be huge) was back when I was in boy scouts, hiking on its designated trails. Though my stamina for the community center's mile was better than me on a hiking trail as said hiking trails also go through hilly terrain and thus can be steep at times, whereas the path I went on yesterday was completely flat.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-19 13:17:02

so much binding of isaac rebirth lately. some new vegas, usually just 5-6 hour sessions every few days now.

nothing else rn. literally just those two.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-19 18:08:37

And finally rode my bike for Pokemon GO today. I have enough candies to evolve Treecko to Grovyle, but I'm holding off on that for now as I seek to hatch one more egg so I can get more Pokeballs as an reward. That's because if I evolve Treecko now, it'll trigger the "evolve 3 Grass-type Pokemon" reward, which is a wild Pokemon fight. So yeah, I'm just making sure I'll have enough Pokeballs for that encounter.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-19 18:24:11

I just picked up my first Resident Evil (fittingly being the first in the series), and am loving it!!! A bit cheesy/campy at times, but back then only Eternal Darkness and MGS had great voice acting, so it's excusable.

Cock rings, cock rings, cock rings.

BBS Signature

And hatched the egg, got the reward from it, and went on to evolve Treecko to Grovyle. After that, I caught the two Pokemon as event rewards: the first for completing "evolve 3 Grass Pokemon", the second for completing the first part of the Shiny Celebi quest. And speaking of Shiny Pokemon, managed to catch a Shiny Squirtle when I completed a Field Research event. And that event task I did regarding eggs? It turned out to be part of a quest for Mew. Don't exactly need Mew as I already have one but I'll consider this a nice bonus.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-19 19:59:41

I'm playing Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast), and i'm stuck on the level for the Dark Story where Rouge needs to get 3 Chaos Emeralds in 5 minutes. If you have any strategies for that (And New Fassad for Mother 3), DM me please!

"The world will end, and you'll all be gone, but i'll still be here. Floating in space, in my Absoluteley Safe Capsule."

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-19 20:39:43

Now in part three of the Shiny Celebi Special Research quest. That's right, part three: you can just breeze through part two by sitting at home.

Anyways, one of the tasks for this stage is throwing Great Curveballs... and as curveballs is something I've never attempted in this game this may be interesting to say the least.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-19 23:14:25

Im currently playing Mother 3 on my 3ds

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-19 23:49:00

At 1/19/21 08:39 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Now in part three of the Shiny Celebi Special Research quest. That's right, part three: you can just breeze through part two by sitting at home.

Anyways, one of the tasks for this stage is throwing Great Curveballs... and as curveballs is something I've never attempted in this game this may be interesting to say the least.

And turned out that task was easier than I'd thought it'll be. Curveballs actually make it easier to catch a Pokemon, and while it may seem difficult to pull off at first there's a trick to it. First before you throw a Pokeball, hold it and move it around the screen a bit until it's spinning. Then depending on whether it's spinning clockwise or counterclockwise, release your hold at the far right or far left of the screen (respectively in regards to the spin rotation) at the same height as the Pokemon. Thanks to that knowledge I've already completed the "throw 5 Great Curveballs" task.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-20 00:04:42

At 1/16/21 05:43 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Finally got out and played GO the way it was supposed to, as the weather was in my favor today. Well not temperature as if it weren't for the cold I would've been out longer. There's four PokeStops at the community center near me, that was where I went today. To replenish your Pokeballs without having to pay for more, you'll need to spin a Pokestop. That is, once you reach it and touch one on the phone you'll need to swipe the disk in the middle in order to spin the PokeStop for rewards. Fought my first Team GO Rocket grunt today, but was unable to catch the Shadow Pokemon.

Also there was a bunch of Machop out today due to the community event, and I happened to catch myself a Shiny Machop. What's funny is that I already have a Shiny Machamp I obtained years ago in Platinum back when it was a Machoke.

Currently, my trainer level is 11. I heard that the current trainer level cap is 50.

I'm a huge nerd and have played pokemon go almost every day since it came out. I have the experience points to hit 50 but still have the quests from 40-50 to knock out before I get there.

I LOVE THIS GAME. I ride my bike everywhere and it's such a cool concept. It rewards me for being outside, which is how I live my life. When I was traveling through asia I met sooo many people who played this game and we quickly became friends, such a cool way to connect with locals who often don't even speak the same language! My friends list in game is maxed out at 200, and I know every person on my friend's list. I literally have met hundreds of people from playing Pokemon go, most of them were before the pandemic and working on my bike downtown and always helping people out with raids and stuff.

I'm glad someone here plays. I just helped my friend who is level 35 do his first Kyogre raid for the weekly challenge which says catch 2 kyo/groudon.

I just broke 250,000 catches this week. Yes I've caught a 1/4 million lil digital critters. WHATEVER INTERNET, I AM STILL A NERD. I don't really sit at home and play games, so pokemon go is really about all I play!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - : : fart : : bikes: : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-01-20 12:52:57

I woke up today to find that everything is covered in at least an inch or two or snow. So it's clear I won't be using my bike today for Pokemon GO. Shame, I planned on hatching five eggs at once today to meet the task of "hatch 3 eggs", and as all the eggs I have are the 5 km eggs I can't do that in a day without my bike.