00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Game You are Currently Playing

4,774 Views | 387 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-08 04:35:47

Pool of Radiance (Amiga). It's one of those old D&D games, I think they are also known as "Gold Box". Anyway, that shit is fucking HARD. Right now I am in a Kobold cave and I am supposed to beat three waves of like 10,000 Kobolds in a row, while I can't rest between the waves and on top of that I get shot at between them, further eating away at my HP. And I am almost at max level, too.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-09 06:28:55

Drink More Glurp. It's a game of sheer daft fun and I love it!

https://linktr.ee/wobwobrob

Game Audio Designer based in UK

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-09 12:20:58

iu_192207_8173176.jpg

iu_192208_8173176.jpg

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-09 16:50:28

Torchlight II

Needed a game to play when I come home from a family hoedown drunk.

A hack n' slash dungeon crawler.

It's light on story, but I played the first one on the 360, and they connected the story from that.

My one problem is - no Alchemist class. Had a lot of fun with that class in the last one.

It's a mindless collect-a-thon, but it's good fun for the inebriated.

Playing this go round as a female Berserker, goes by the name Bloodwitch.

My pet musk ox is named Moonhorn.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-11 03:11:07

I just finished up the Colosseum With Aerith and Cloud. Looking forward to trying out both of the new limit breaks.

Now, I can finally continue with the plot and more side quests.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-13 18:48:22

Started playing Cthulhu Saves Christmas on my Switch today. Been wanting to play Cthulhu Saves the World for a while now, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it on the e-shop today. Given that this game is a prequel to Saves the World, I just had to start with it. I'm enjoying the gameplay, it has a rather unique spin for its turn-based battles. Loving the insanity mechanic, I like the fact giving an enemy the insanity status changes their appearance. Not going to talk much about the game in detail as it's a recent game, but I'm already at level 20 (you're level 4 at the beginning).

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-13 21:36:23

At 11/13/20 06:48 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Started playing Cthulhu Saves Christmas on my Switch today. Been wanting to play Cthulhu Saves the World for a while now, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it on the e-shop today. Given that this game is a prequel to Saves the World, I just had to start with it. I'm enjoying the gameplay, it has a rather unique spin for its turn-based battles. Loving the insanity mechanic, I like the fact giving an enemy the insanity status changes their appearance. Not going to talk much about the game in detail as it's a recent game, but I'm already at level 20 (you're level 4 at the beginning).

Hmm, wonder if this game has a level cap as Cthulhu Saves the World apparently doesn't have one, from what I've heard that is. Anyways, I've came across the part of the game where a version of Carol of the Bells plays. It actually reminds me of Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-14 01:41:21

At 11/13/20 09:36 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 11/13/20 06:48 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Started playing Cthulhu Saves Christmas on my Switch today. Been wanting to play Cthulhu Saves the World for a while now, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it on the e-shop today. Given that this game is a prequel to Saves the World, I just had to start with it. I'm enjoying the gameplay, it has a rather unique spin for its turn-based battles. Loving the insanity mechanic, I like the fact giving an enemy the insanity status changes their appearance. Not going to talk much about the game in detail as it's a recent game, but I'm already at level 20 (you're level 4 at the beginning).
Hmm, wonder if this game has a level cap as Cthulhu Saves the World apparently doesn't have one, from what I've heard that is. Anyways, I've came across the part of the game where a version of Carol of the Bells plays. It actually reminds me of Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

And now I'm at the final dungeon after about seven hours of gameplay. Yeah, short game, but then again a game doesn't have to be long in order to be a good game. Naturally, given the kind of game this is (fourth wall humor), the characters comment on the shortness. Don't think I'm ready to face the final boss yet if the enemies of the final dungeon are of any indication, seems like I'm underleveled. As of this post, I'm level 44.

At 11/14/20 01:41 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
And now I'm at the final dungeon after about seven hours of gameplay. Yeah, short game, but then again a game doesn't have to be long in order to be a good game. Naturally, given the kind of game this is (fourth wall humor), the characters comment on the shortness. Don't think I'm ready to face the final boss yet if the enemies of the final dungeon are of any indication, seems like I'm underleveled. As of this post, I'm level 44.

Decided to face the final boss anyways, going to level 45 beforehand. Was easier than I'd thought. Now in the New Game + where you can collect even more stuff. Given that it's impossible to do everything in town the first time around, should've seen the New Game + coming.

Worth mentioning I was playing on the lowest difficulty the entire time as I wasn't looking for a challenge, just to have fun. Though I may raise the difficulty when I'm of a high enough level as you can change the difficulty at any time.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-14 15:00:06

At 11/14/20 02:59 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 11/14/20 01:41 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Decided to face the final boss anyways, going to level 45 beforehand. Was easier than I'd thought. Now in the New Game + where you can collect even more stuff. Given that it's impossible to do everything in town the first time around, should've seen the New Game + coming.

Worth mentioning I was playing on the lowest difficulty the entire time as I wasn't looking for a challenge, just to have fun. Though I may raise the difficulty when I'm of a high enough level as you can change the difficulty at any time.

And completed the New Game +. But now there seems to be a problem. Even with the second run of the game I still didn't complete everything in town. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be an option to continue the New Game + for a third run, and there doesn't seem to be any tips or information on that as the New Game + is actually a new feature as the game originally came out a year ago.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-14 15:53:21

Either the Neptunia series, or Megaman Legends, or mugen. I don't know yet, there's a big backlog and I just finished Mario Galaxy (those god-awful motion control segments nearly drove me nuts).

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-15 05:34:13

Most recent on Silent Hill 2 and might still need another replay or two for the endings having unlocked In Water and Rebirth. I've found it's really quick enough to speed through tbe game within two hours, possibly one if I can so that's easily done one evening after work.

At 10/21/20 09:30 AM, Pipsqueak2020 wrote: Theme Park Playstation 1

Absolute nostalgia right there. Occasionally I might pick this up again but do find the game hasn't aged that well. Otherwise, still fun to play even for a little bit.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-17 20:35:40

Ended up doing a completely new playthrough of Cthulhu Saves Christmas. Unlike Cthulhu Saves the World, turns out there is a level cap in this game, specifically level 99. This time around I'm using the new difficulty you unlock in New Game Plus mode on the bosses. Have yet to finish this playthrough but leveling up is key if you want to beat the hardest versions of the bosses.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-18 01:00:42

At 10/6/20 04:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: In celebration of video games being able to be discussed in General, let's discuss which video game you are currently Playing.

I am replaying Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

I've been playing Skate 3 lately.

It's a okay game.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-18 13:28:57

Thing

Thing on a Spring

Thingy and the Doodas

Oinnk!

Aaaargh!

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-18 17:06:29

Playing Torchlight II, and had a nightmare come to life.

Have to go down in this waterway, and lo & behold, I'm confronted by human sized roaches walking around on 2 legs carrying bidents.

When the first one came running at me, I said to my screen "Oh, you cunts".

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-18 19:40:06

At 10/6/20 04:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: In celebration of video games being able to be discussed in General, let's discuss which video game you are currently Playing.

I am replaying Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

Currently I am playing Spider-man: Miles Morales on PlayStation 4.

XBOX LIVE /// KevRS

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-19 04:14:55

Mario is Missing

Pinky: Look out Pac Man...

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-19 07:51:29

XCOM 2. Again.

Help me. I have an addiction.

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself.

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-21 16:24:25

I've been playing the Demon's Souls remake, and it's genuinely one of the most frustrating games I've ever played.

On a technical level, it's superb. Graphics are (at least in terms of pure detail, the art direction is very bland) the best the series has ever looked, and it runs extremely well which is something that can't be said for the original, but that's just about the only good thing I can say about it. It's wracked with baffling decisions from top to bottom.

Demon's Souls is a game that needed a remake, because it had a number of glaring design issues that were fixed in later games that made it a bit of a chore to play. Bluepoint, despite remaking it from the ground up, have changed none of that.

Weapons still require you to grind the same level over and over to upgrade them. Later games switched to spreading out upgrade material throughout the entire game world, which means that instead of gradually improving your weapon throughout the game as you progress, you use it at base level until you get to the area it's upgrade items drop, and then you use it at whatever level you can stomach grinding to for the rest of the game. In theory you can go right from +0 to +10/+5, but in practice you'll be fucking sick of the grind long before then so will probably settle for a sub-optimal weapon to save your sanity. I, foolishly, decided to go Bladestone, because surely they'll have fixed that 0.004% drop rate, right? Haha, no, start grinding those skeletons, idiot.

World tendency is still a janky mess, and the best strategy remains chucking yourself to your death in the Nexus so you can rush to Pure White by just beating the bosses, and then chucking yourself off cliffs in the level itself to then go to Pure Black. They were balanced around the online system, which was free in the original, but now requires you to shell out for a sub, and they can absolutely fuck off with that bullshit.

So, what have they changed? Pretty much the only things that made Demon's Souls interesting in a post-Dark Souls world, the art style and enemy design. It doesn't even look like a knock-off Demon's Souls, it looks like a knock-off Bloodborne or Dark Souls. Worst of all, it sounds like one two. I genuinely couldn't believe it when the music started up during the Phalanx fight, all intense chanting and loud as fuck pounding music. The same Ornstein & Smough knockoff the series settled into repeating over and over ever since DS2. Phalanx is a slow paced fight about picking away at a thing hiding behind a shield wall, it just doesn't mesh with this sort of tune.

It just being a bad remake of a good game would be fair enough, but the fact that it's existence means there's little chance we'll ever see the remake Demon's Souls was actually crying out for stings.

Spending £550 to play the fucking thing hasn't helped my opinion of it, to be fair.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-24 21:54:36

Just about finished with FF7 remake. Just have to wait until the rest of the game is finished.

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-25 03:55:47

Thing

Thing on a Spring

Pinky: Look out Pac Man...

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-25 13:46:13

At 11/25/20 03:55 AM, Pipsqueak2019 wrote: Thing
Thing on a Spring

At 11/18/20 01:28 PM, Pipsqueak2020 wrote: Thing
Thing on a Spring
Thingy and the Doodas
Oinnk!
Aaaargh!

How are you enjoying all that?

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-25 19:16:03

Red Dead Redemption 2

So many references, easter eggs, and meanings. I love the game, it's definitely one of the best games I've played.

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-27 23:19:53

At 11/25/20 07:16 PM, ZomAlien wrote: Red Dead Redemption 2

So many references, easter eggs, and meanings. I love the game, it's definitely one of the best games I've played.

i know right? i got this game day one and beat it maybe a month later and found myself coming back to it like 2 or 3 weeks ago after 2 years of not playing it. caught up on some quests that i did with arthur, and went back and visited some people that knew arthur as well. finally met with one in particular, seems you gotta catch them at a certain time to trigger their scene.

also been playing genshin impact ( i like the grind so sue me) havent paid for anything yet and have like 9 or 10 characters. i like the whole run around the country side and find this shit kinda gameplay.

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-28 19:26:04

Did the play the original game?

Do you think people should play the original, to fully enjoy the sequel?

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-28 19:50:22

Watch Dogs 2

R.D

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-28 21:19:54

At 11/28/20 07:26 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

Did the play the original game?

Do you think people should play the original, to fully enjoy the sequel?

Yes I did, and I agree.

You kinda have to if you want to get some of the references. Plus it helps you relate to the game a bit more and have a better understanding of the characters.

I mean, you don't have to play the first one, but I recommend that you do, since the second is pretty much a prequel of the storyline.

The map is bigger with a variety of environments, animals, and beautiful landscapes, but Mexico isn't on the second game unless you count New Austin for it's desert landscape. Overall it's still a fantastic game.

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-28 21:57:01

7 days to die

YouTube (Commentary/Gaming)

Wegra is my hunky daddy

BLM|Antifa

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-11-29 00:44:11

Recently bought Bugsnax! Thinking of playing it on stream with my sis

Other than that, ive been playing a lot of hades