00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Game You are Currently Playing

4,755 Views | 386 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-10 18:59:34

Sonic advance 3 on my GBA I just got all the chaos emeralds

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-11 14:32:48

Got farther story-wise in Nexomon. I got lucky as Nexomon has another thing in common with Pokemon it seems: I caught what appears to be Nexomon's version of Shiny Pokemon. Funny enough I encountered that before catching the regular version. For those who are interested in Nexomon and wondering what I caught, it's Spikus, a cactus Nexomon.

If you're wondering, no, there doesn't seem to be any Pokemon Gym equivalents in the game, instead it does its own thing by letting you get as strong as you want.

Anyways this is pretty much one of my favorite games now as it's a fresh new take on the whole monster-collecting genre. Recommend this game if you're into that.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-11 14:42:26

I just finished Galerians (PS1) today. It's like a mix of Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Akira and Terminator. Quite dark story, too.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-11 15:38:05

been looking to get back into Donkey Kong Land the last several weeks on a loosely self imposed rules (being in the one few last levels in the first world),luckily what with my sleeping schedule being pretty sporadic and inconsistent that'll probably happen soon. I mean i've been able too get away with just 3 hours of actual sleep for the few days of this current week so I should be fine.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-11 16:08:19

Red Dead Redemption 2 and Animal Crossing New Horizon's

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-11 16:15:09

Final Fantasy 7 Remake was a great choice! I'm currently playing through an old RPG on the PS2 with @LucidShadowDreamer. It's called Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria, with lots of Norse Mythology as inspiration for the plot, the lore, and the design of the game. Really enjoying this one!

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-12 10:57:51

At 10/11/20 02:32 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Got farther story-wise in Nexomon. I got lucky as Nexomon has another thing in common with Pokemon it seems: I caught what appears to be Nexomon's version of Shiny Pokemon. Funny enough I encountered that before catching the regular version. For those who are interested in Nexomon and wondering what I caught, it's Spikus, a cactus Nexomon.

If you're wondering, no, there doesn't seem to be any Pokemon Gym equivalents in the game, instead it does its own thing by letting you get as strong as you want.

Anyways this is pretty much one of my favorite games now as it's a fresh new take on the whole monster-collecting genre. Recommend this game if you're into that.

Ok, got far enough in the game that I have a good grasp on the kind of story it has.

Gameplay-wise, it's like Pokemon but with enough differences for Nexomon to establish its own identity. That's where the similarities end as story-wise it's more like the heavy-themed stories you'd expect to see in turn-based RPGs that aren't monster-collecting games. Given that Extinction is part of the game's title, not much of a surprise. While the game has humor and isn't afraid to poke fun at itself, it knows when to take itself seriously and when not to. So all in all my impression is that it's a really well-crafted game.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-12 12:38:56

Bullets per minute. I'm a fan of rhythm games, and between this and Crypt of the Necrodancer, They're my favorite two I've played of "Game genre+music game"

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-12 13:55:28

Genshin Impact and Crash NST

Hello.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-12 20:31:10

Got a Wii at a pawn shop for 5 dollars, an absolute steal. I've been alternating between Kirby's Air Ride and Soul Calibur 2. Necrid is pretty sick, ngl.

Can the world stop ending so I can enjoy my cereal?

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-14 15:34:43

At 10/10/20 11:16 AM, Reb-bleeds-VoDKA wrote:
At 10/6/20 04:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: In celebration of video games being able to be discussed in General, let's discuss which video game you are currently Playing.

I am replaying Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
Charlie Murder

What are your thoughts on it?

At 10/10/20 04:08 PM, Pancaketophat wrote:
At 10/6/20 04:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: In celebration of video games being able to be discussed in General, let's discuss which video game you are currently Playing.

I am replaying Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
I bought Prison Architect recently, since it was only 5 dollars. :) It's fun! I had a feeling I would enjoy those type of business sim games, but I've never given many a shot. Prison Architect is extremely fucking complicated, don't get me wrong there's still a lot I have to learn about running an efficient prison, but It's very entertaining to watch your little, corrupted, fucked up world grow and expand. :) That, and I love building stuff just to watch the little worker men build. They're like lemmings.

Sounds like it was 5 dollars well spent. How large is your prison now? The working man always has your back. No matter what.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-14 15:37:26

I have finally decided to play Runescape after years of inactivity

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-14 15:40:07

Sounds like it was 5 dollars well spent. How large is your prison now? The working man always has your back. No matter what.

I started over a couple of times to get the grasp of things. My biggest prison I tried to make as nice as possible and had around 500 or so inmates. The most recent prison I made though, jesus christ, I tried to intentionally make the shittiest, Dictatorship gulag prison ever and describing it as Chaotic is an understatement, lmao. All the gaurds were armed and were ordered to use lethal force 24/7. I took in way too many prisoners than I could handle, and I had 80 prisoners die in a massive riot that lasted 5 minutes, cause they all got mowed down trying to barge through a door like a bunch of zombies. I tried installing gun cabinets in reach of the prisoners to see if they'd overthrow my prison, and my game crashed. The funny thing is, though, when I try to create a perfect prison with high rehabilitation rates and low death rates, I'm constantly broke, but when I try to build the shittiest prison known to man, I was filthy rich for like, 2/3rds of the playthrough. Insert the joker talking about society here.

Milk & Nuts

Princess Tomato in Salad Kingdom

Bible Buffet

Burger Time

Devil World

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-14 17:21:03

Still plowing away through Wither 3, but I'm terrified of moving forward in the main story because I don't want to fail the side missions that HAVE to be done before certain moments in the game's plot. I feel like I now spend hours combing through the countryside in Velen or Skellige just looking for new side content to do before it goes away forever. It lowkey gives me anxiety.

Any tips on how to deal with this? @NearSightedCyclops @SevenSeize4President

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

At 10/14/20 05:21 PM, ZJ wrote: Still plowing away through Wither 3, but I'm terrified of moving forward in the main story because I don't want to fail the side missions that HAVE to be done before certain moments in the game's plot. I feel like I now spend hours combing through the countryside in Velen or Skellige just looking for new side content to do before it goes away forever. It lowkey gives me anxiety.

Oh no

I'm the wrong one to ask, because TWICE I wasn't happy with an "ending " I got, and I went back to old saves and replayed like an entire day's worth of content because I wasn't happy with the outcome of my actions.

If only real life worked like that!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-14 17:35:34

At 10/14/20 05:21 PM, ZJ wrote: Still plowing away through Wither 3, but I'm terrified of moving forward in the main story because I don't want to fail the side missions that HAVE to be done before certain moments in the game's plot. I feel like I now spend hours combing through the countryside in Velen or Skellige just looking for new side content to do before it goes away forever. It lowkey gives me anxiety.

Have you been to the NE countryside outside Novigrad? I'm guessing it's for one of the DLCs, since I ran into a pack of LVL 99 alghouls, and also a flock of LVL 99 Erynias(that almost killed my ass dead)

I know what you mean, regarding the side quests. After just recently learning, that if I wanted to play Thaler now, I had to play Lambert way back in Novigrad, I've just resigned myself to the idea that I'm going to be replaying this game sometime in the future. Plus I picked the story that had me kill Letho in part 2, and I really want to catch up with him.

There's just way to many story tangents to see for one play through.

Right now, I'm trying to win the Katakan card, and getting my ever loving ass handed to me, multiple times.

I know he's going to use the vampires in the last round, and I still can't beat him!!!!

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-14 18:10:17

I played some Overwatch, and I got me the new Haloween D.Va skin, which is nice.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-14 21:07:40

At 10/14/20 05:35 PM, NearSightedCyclops wrote:

Have you been to the NE countryside outside Novigrad? I'm guessing it's for one of the DLCs, since I ran into a pack of LVL 99 alghouls, and also a flock of LVL 99 Erynias(that almost killed my ass dead)
I know what you mean, regarding the side quests. After just recently learning, that if I wanted to play Thaler now, I had to play Lambert way back in Novigrad, I've just resigned myself to the idea that I'm going to be replaying this game sometime in the future. Plus I picked the story that had me kill Letho in part 2, and I really want to catch up with him.
There's just way to many story tangents to see for one play through.

Right now, I'm trying to win the Katakan card, and getting my ever loving ass handed to me, multiple times.
I know he's going to use the vampires in the last round, and I still can't beat him!!!!

I confess I never played the card game. Those poor quests all got left undone.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-15 01:51:16

At 10/12/20 10:57 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 10/11/20 02:32 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Got farther story-wise in Nexomon. I got lucky as Nexomon has another thing in common with Pokemon it seems: I caught what appears to be Nexomon's version of Shiny Pokemon. Funny enough I encountered that before catching the regular version. For those who are interested in Nexomon and wondering what I caught, it's Spikus, a cactus Nexomon.

Ok, got far enough in the game that I have a good grasp on the kind of story it has.

Gameplay-wise, it's like Pokemon but with enough differences for Nexomon to establish its own identity. That's where the similarities end as story-wise it's more like the heavy-themed stories you'd expect to see in turn-based RPGs that aren't monster-collecting games. Given that Extinction is part of the game's title, not much of a surprise. While the game has humor and isn't afraid to poke fun at itself, it knows when to take itself seriously and when not to. So all in all my impression is that it's a really well-crafted game.

Just beat the game and am now in the post-game. You can catch three legendaries in the main story, though they're optional (you'll know what they are as you'll battle them in the main story before you can encounter them in the wild of the spooky section of the world). The fourth one you can get in the main story is the only one that's given to you. All of the other legendaries you can only catch in the post-game.

Difficulty-wise, this is a game in which grinding to the highest level before the final fights is recommended. Said max level is 99, unlike Pokemon's 100. The levels of the wild Nexomon and the tamers go up everywhere as you progress in the story, right now in the post-game it seems to be capped at the 70-75 range. Catching legendaries is easier than Pokemon due to the game's mechanics, but said legendaries make up for that by having their stats be boosted for a proper boss fight in comparison to their stats when you catch them.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-15 09:08:23

iu_180975_8173176.jpg

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-15 09:29:24

And just found out that Nexomon: Extinction is actually the third game in the series and some of it does indeed spoil the previous game. Not that it really matters as Extinction is the only one that can be played on a Nintendo console. The other two games are on iOS and Steam for the second, and they're called Micromon: The Legend of Vaithe and Nexomon respectively. Should mention I don't own any Apple mobile devices, just a laptop. Well, don't own any for me personally that is, I think my mom owns an iPad that I've seen her occasionally play game on. She's well aware that I like Pokemon of course, perhaps I should recommend Micromon/Nexomon to her and see how it goes.

Also in Nexomon: Extinction, there's a Pomeranian Nexomon that doesn't evolve. That's due to the fact it's based on the company mascot, given that it has the same name (Moga) and that a picture of the dog it's based on can be seen at the end of the credits.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-15 12:19:28

Lady Bug

Lady Frog

7 games of Gwent last night. 7 losses.

Mostly to innkeeps and blacksmiths who seem to have 3-4 hero cards in their hand.

Lost to one merchant by ONE FUCKING POINT!!!!

Last round. He had no cards, I had one! A 7 point spy. So I figure I get 2 cards back, and all I have to do is beat 7 points.

I get a bitter frost and commander's horn.

iu_181164_3416439.gif

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-16 15:09:35

iu_181554_8173176.jpg

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-17 11:21:13

Yep, still playing Nexomon: Extinction.

Caught another "Shiny Pokemon" Nexomon yesterday, and it's another Plant-type Nexomon, this time being Onin, an Onion Nexomon. While looking things up to help with collecting Nexomon I learned that the name for this game's version of Shiny Pokemon is Cosmic Nexomon. Considering that I was able to get two of them in a relatively short time, I'm guessing the Cosmic Nexomon rate is better than what Shiny Pokemon generally is. There's a key item that seems to relate to them that I'm guessing increases the Cosmic Nexomon rate, though I haven't used it yet.

Unlike Pokemon there's no permanent stat-boosters like HP Ups, just certain key items and Cores you can change whenever you want. There's also no individual natures or characteristics either.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-17 13:05:25

Bible Buffet

Burger Time

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-17 15:17:10

At 10/17/20 11:21 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Yep, still playing Nexomon: Extinction.

Caught another "Shiny Pokemon" Nexomon yesterday, and it's another Plant-type Nexomon, this time being Onin, an Onion Nexomon. While looking things up to help with collecting Nexomon I learned that the name for this game's version of Shiny Pokemon is Cosmic Nexomon. Considering that I was able to get two of them in a relatively short time, I'm guessing the Cosmic Nexomon rate is better than what Shiny Pokemon generally is. There's a key item that seems to relate to them that I'm guessing increases the Cosmic Nexomon rate, though I haven't used it yet.

Unlike Pokemon there's no permanent stat-boosters like HP Ups, just certain key items and Cores you can change whenever you want. There's also no individual natures or characteristics either.

And it turns out that I've been using said Cosmic key item the whole time as it's one of the key items that you can't turn off. For key items with certain properties like this, there's actually more than one copy scattered around the world and said properties stack up as you collect them.

Anyways just got another Cosmic Nexomon, this time the Psychic-type Dreaver, which is a living dreamcatcher. Now that's a concept I'd like to see Pokemon do their own take on.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-17 15:19:59

Shin Megami Tensei IV

really good really solid game IMO. Like one of the best rpgs out there with a game mechanic so damn good

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-20 04:09:38

I already over 30 hours in, and still working on FF7 remake. Wish I had more free time. I will be completing all the side quests as I go.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature