00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Game You are Currently Playing

4,772 Views | 387 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Next game I’m playing is Disgaea 3, on PS Vita. Playing it later at night for me.


SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

At 10/6/20 08:54 AM, Absurd-Ditties wrote: I'm 190 hours into Pathfinder: Kingmaker and think I'm actually at the end now.

Going to defeat God the same way I've defeated every other boss in the game: throwing grease on the ground so he slips and does a comedy pratfall, popping stink bombs so he can't attack from holding his nose, then hitting him with sticks until he dies. I am so glad I went a Conjuration Sorcerer, all the class needs is a "summon rakes" ability and we could go full Clownmancer.


Unfortunately God's final form was a big floating fireball, so I could neither trip him up with a banana peel nor throw stink bombs at him until he threw up like I did with all the other bosses.


Instead he transformed right on top of a load of AOE spells, chunking half his health bar before his dialogue was even finished, and I just hit him with sticks until he exploded.


Very glad to see the utter jank of this game carried through to the very end, with the final monologue and ending slides being all but drowned out by the sound of the final boss exploding over and over, which continued looping right until the credits rolled.


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-07 01:17:37


VRChat. Had a little fun and been seeing lots of neat things.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-07 01:33:44


Lessee... on my Switch I started both Star Fox games... and I still gotta finish kirby star allies...

to be honest there's a slew of games I have yet to finish... or even open


tired of people who haven't played FE insulting it

i need to go outside more often...

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-07 02:24:22


At 10/6/20 07:18 AM, COOLZONE17500 wrote: Among Us


That is the currently popular game. How long will the fad last?


At 10/6/20 07:21 AM, Phobotech wrote: Star Wars Squadrons, and I still hit up Gundam BO2 for dailies.


How far have you gone in Star Wars Squadron?



I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-07 13:34:54


At 10/6/20 07:21 AM, Phobotech wrote: Star Wars Squadrons, and I still hit up Gundam BO2 for dailies.


A query for you: how are you playing?

From the few reviews I've read, the consensus seems to be that Squadrons is at it's best when played in VR and with a flight stick.

I don't have either of those things, so I'm wondering if the campaign is worth it, as I probably won't play a whole lot of the online.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-07 13:42:17


At 10/6/20 05:27 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 10/6/20 05:21 PM, NearSightedCyclops wrote:
Did you also inadvertently release a Plague Maiden, so that there's more & more people walking around hacking up a lung? I find it bit eerie, all things considered.
It's fascinating that you mention that because I started doing the horse races yesterday and the woman that runs them in Skellige was coughing as I prepped Roach for the race. I probably did unleash something with all of the monsters I've been fighting, but I didn't put those two things happening together until right now.


You only find out about it from the coughing, and by reading the entry on the spirit you freed(maybe) during the Keira Metz storyline. (Anabelle)

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-07 14:08:09


iu_177364_8173176.jpg

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-07 14:28:45


At 10/7/20 02:24 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 10/6/20 07:18 AM, COOLZONE17500 wrote: Among Us
That is the currently popular game. How long will the fad last?

At 10/6/20 07:21 AM, Phobotech wrote: Star Wars Squadrons, and I still hit up Gundam BO2 for dailies.
How far have you gone in Star Wars Squadron?


I have been thinking about getting Star Wars Squadron, but I have been waiting to see if it’s good or not. Plus I’m not good at flying games.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-07 14:31:37


At 10/7/20 02:24 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
How far have you gone in Star Wars Squadron?


A couple of storyline missions in, just ranked up for the first time in multiplayer. My toes are dipped.


At 10/7/20 01:34 PM, NearSightedCyclops wrote:
At 10/6/20 07:21 AM, Phobotech wrote: Star Wars Squadrons, and I still hit up Gundam BO2 for dailies.
A query for you: how are you playing?
From the few reviews I've read, the consensus seems to be that Squadrons is at it's best when played in VR and with a flight stick.
I don't have either of those things, so I'm wondering if the campaign is worth it, as I probably won't play a whole lot of the online.


I'm an Ace Combat and Armored Core fan, and I grew up with TIE-Fighter / Xwing vs TIE-Fighter. The controls get some getting used to with the Dualshock 4, but I've been able to find comfort and success with it


Since both sticks are bound to flight controls, you can't look around for situational awareness or target tracking, which is probably the strongest argument for VR, which I don't have yet and I now want. I don't have a joystick/throttle, but I could live without it with a little more practice.


Without VR, you rely on a conal radar unit that displays where things are in relation to your heading. It's quite intuitive in regards to the 3D challenges in space combat.


Targets selected are indicated with an arrow, and a measurement indicator that tells you how far they are from your target reticle. Three marks, they're behind you. Two marks, they're perpendicular from you, one mark, they're just outside your view. So they have enough information on your HUD where the fixed camera angle straight ahead to the nose can work...but VR seems like an enticing immersion spectacle that I really really want to give a go.


The storyline is great and multiplayer is fucking exhilarating, as a starfighter wannabe with pilot boner, this game is exactly what I've been needing lately.


Cosmetic customization is kinda lacking, though. Theres like two or three cool flight suits, helmets, and paint jobs, and very few pilot face choices. The Empire's male Fury voice is Steve Blum, though, so you can sound like Starscream from Transformers Prime. But, slap a helmet on your pilot and dive in. Maybe if enough people buy the title they'll give us more cosmetics.


"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-07 14:33:09


At 10/7/20 02:28 PM, Swabs wrote:
I have been thinking about getting Star Wars Squadron, but I have been waiting to see if it’s good or not. Plus I’m not good at flying games.


I LOVE flying games. It is challenging on normal, but you can always set it to easy. It's a decently priced title, so I recommend it for the experience if you're a fan.


"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-07 14:42:07


At 10/7/20 02:31 PM, Phobotech wrote:
At 10/7/20 02:24 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
How far have you gone in Star Wars Squadron?
A couple of storyline missions in, just ranked up for the first time in multiplayer. My toes are dipped.

At 10/7/20 01:34 PM, NearSightedCyclops wrote:
At 10/6/20 07:21 AM, Phobotech wrote: Star Wars Squadrons, and I still hit up Gundam BO2 for dailies.
A query for you: how are you playing?
From the few reviews I've read, the consensus seems to be that Squadrons is at it's best when played in VR and with a flight stick.
I don't have either of those things, so I'm wondering if the campaign is worth it, as I probably won't play a whole lot of the online.
I'm an Ace Combat and Armored Core fan, and I grew up with TIE-Fighter / Xwing vs TIE-Fighter. The controls get some getting used to with the Dualshock 4, but I've been able to find comfort and success with it

Since both sticks are bound to flight controls, you can't look around for situational awareness or target tracking, which is probably the strongest argument for VR, which I don't have yet and I now want. I don't have a joystick/throttle, but I could live without it with a little more practice.

Without VR, you rely on a conal radar unit that displays where things are in relation to your heading. It's quite intuitive in regards to the 3D challenges in space combat.

Targets selected are indicated with an arrow, and a measurement indicator that tells you how far they are from your target reticle. Three marks, they're behind you. Two marks, they're perpendicular from you, one mark, they're just outside your view. So they have enough information on your HUD where the fixed camera angle straight ahead to the nose can work...but VR seems like an enticing immersion spectacle that I really really want to give a go.

The storyline is great and multiplayer is fucking exhilarating, as a starfighter wannabe with pilot boner, this game is exactly what I've been needing lately.

Cosmetic customization is kinda lacking, though. Theres like two or three cool flight suits, helmets, and paint jobs, and very few pilot face choices. The Empire's male Fury voice is Steve Blum, though, so you can sound like Starscream from Transformers Prime. But, slap a helmet on your pilot and dive in. Maybe if enough people buy the title they'll give us more cosmetics.


I've got to admit, I'm fighting the urge to spend money on PS VR, if not a flight stick, too.

I've played a few flying combat games over the years, so I have a little experience with the genre. The thing that got me in Battlefront II was the yaw. I did so much upside down flying. Never really got used to it.

I do like how the HUD is set up. I think I could get used to that with some time.

We'll have to see if I just break and get it at some point soon.


I'm jonesin'...

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-07 15:24:34


The Bouncer, I dug my old PS2 up during lockdown. This was the best thing ever when I was 12.


I'm shocked how bad it is.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-09 00:50:18


At 10/6/20 08:45 AM, olskoo wrote: Posting in a legendary DoctorStrongbad thread


Yes, you are. This is where its always Prime Time.


Death Stranding. I'm confused by it.


How far have you gotten into it?


At 10/6/20 08:54 AM, Absurd-Ditties wrote: I'm 190 hours into Pathfinder: Kingmaker and think I'm actually at the end now.


Have you done everything you wanted to do? All the side stuff?


Going to defeat God the same way I've defeated every other boss in the game: throwing grease on the ground so he slips and does a comedy pratfall, popping stink bombs so he can't attack from holding his nose, then hitting him with sticks until he dies. I am so glad I went a Conjuration Sorcerer, all the class needs is a "summon rakes" ability and we could go full Clownmancer.


Good luck with your plan to defeat God.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-09 00:59:32


At 10/6/20 05:44 PM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: Next game I’m playing is Disgaea 3, on PS Vita. Playing it later at night for me.


Are those any good for newcomers? I was interested in Disgaea 4.


BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

What to listen to next?

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-09 09:28:34


im playing unturned


the world is screwed

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-09 09:37:16


Playing GTAO with all the video settings on ultra and my computer is being very loud lol

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-09 09:44:43


Wasteland 3. I found it very fun and addictive but it's buggy and they are patching it up till. I recommend giving it a shot.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-09 10:00:31


Now I'm playing LoL


Among us fuck I made up a hard ass challenge called the Jason X (Hockey Mask and Black Space Suit) or the Jason ( Hockey Mask That any others Jason wore in the movies and video games type of suit and shirt he wore) ((you should be good to start if you have those down. But real challenge is not to communicate with any other players with automatically masks pretty sus and go by the name Jason ))


I’m not A Role good model

BBS Signature

Just started playing Nexomon: Extinction, which is basically a clone of Pokemon. Unlike Pokemon though, you don't have three starters but nine of them. For my first playthrough I picked the ghost one. And as the title implies it's a bit darker from what you'd expect Pokemon to be story-wise. The intro introduces a powerful Nexomon that sought to kill all of humanity in the past and the very first fight you actually battle in is an unwinnable battle against a legendary that seems to be bad news. So from what little of it I played so far I like it. If you're wondering how many Nexomon there are, well according to the e-shop description it's about 381.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-10 00:56:25


I'm trying to figure out how Deus Ex is. It's a strange game but it's fun.


live by the sword...

die by the sword...

signature by the great homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-10 01:32:53


Minecraft with Newgrounds ppl.


BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-10 02:27:06


At 10/10/20 12:42 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Just started playing Nexomon: Extinction, which is basically a clone of Pokemon. Unlike Pokemon though, you don't have three starters but nine of them. For my first playthrough I picked the ghost one. And as the title implies it's a bit darker from what you'd expect Pokemon to be story-wise. The intro introduces a powerful Nexomon that sought to kill all of humanity in the past and the very first fight you actually battle in is an unwinnable battle against a legendary that seems to be bad news. So from what little of it I played so far I like it. If you're wondering how many Nexomon there are, well according to the e-shop description it's about 381.


Heh, despite that dark intro the game isn't without its humor, some of the characters actually poke fun at the game itself (such as name-dropping the term RPG and calling the developers lazy (the latter I found talking to a random NPC)). Also, it seems you can actually find the other starter Nexomon in the wild, my second pick was the electric starter and you can actually come across that one before you even head into town.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-10 03:20:30


i just barely got my own switch so i barely have any games, but! i've been playing sonic mania for the first time along with bloodstained: curse of the moon, plus like, two demos

they're pretty fun, and it helps me take a break from commission work so im very happy i get to play these games

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-10 11:16:50


At 10/6/20 04:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: In celebration of video games being able to be discussed in General, let's discuss which video game you are currently Playing.

I am replaying Final Fantasy 7 Remake.


Charlie Murder


idfk

BBS Signature

At 10/10/20 02:27 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 10/10/20 12:42 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Just started playing Nexomon: Extinction, which is basically a clone of Pokemon. Unlike Pokemon though, you don't have three starters but nine of them. For my first playthrough I picked the ghost one. And as the title implies it's a bit darker from what you'd expect Pokemon to be story-wise. The intro introduces a powerful Nexomon that sought to kill all of humanity in the past and the very first fight you actually battle in is an unwinnable battle against a legendary that seems to be bad news. So from what little of it I played so far I like it. If you're wondering how many Nexomon there are, well according to the e-shop description it's about 381.
Heh, despite that dark intro the game isn't without its humor, some of the characters actually poke fun at the game itself (such as name-dropping the term RPG and calling the developers lazy (the latter I found talking to a random NPC)). Also, it seems you can actually find the other starter Nexomon in the wild, my second pick was the electric starter and you can actually come across that one before you even head into town.


Didn't get farther story-wise yet as I'm busy collecting and leveling up the creatures. Caught the fire starter. After you learn how to catch Nexomon and go back to the school you started the game in you're supposed to head east into town, however as you're allowed to go west I'm seeing as much as it has to offer before I continue on with the story. Heading west is a good thing as there's a medic camp that way (you can catch the electric starter south of the camp), and further west you can take a ferry that goes to a tropical paradise that you can find Nexomon of pretty much all the other types, so an excellent place to build your team.


Another feature that's different from Pokemon that I like is that this game's version of the Pokedex actually tells you which Nexomon evolve and which don't, even showing the level they evolve at. And catching them is also more innovative as there's more than one factor to catching them besides what you capture them with, such as using different types of bait.


My favorite character so far is the humanoid cat student that accompanies you, he pretty much snarks at the game itself, including throwing shade at how monster-collecting games work.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-10 16:08:18


At 10/6/20 04:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: In celebration of video games being able to be discussed in General, let's discuss which video game you are currently Playing.

I am replaying Final Fantasy 7 Remake.


I bought Prison Architect recently, since it was only 5 dollars. :) It's fun! I had a feeling I would enjoy those type of business sim games, but I've never given many a shot. Prison Architect is extremely fucking complicated, don't get me wrong there's still a lot I have to learn about running an efficient prison, but It's very entertaining to watch your little, corrupted, fucked up world grow and expand. :) That, and I love building stuff just to watch the little worker men build. They're like lemmings.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2020-10-10 16:59:16


At 10/6/20 04:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: In celebration of video games being able to be discussed in General, let's discuss which video game you are currently Playing.

I am replaying Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

This A Newgrounds Game I Strangely Enjoy

PUNCH OUT: TomFulp



In The Meantime...Why Not Follow Me?

BBS Signature

F-Zero x

Smash bros brawl

Mario64

And the greatest arcade title made,

Mr.Do


Im just some guy in a great,big world

uuhhhh,click HERE for a pretty good song,

BBS Signature