00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff!

4,529 Views | 35 Replies
Respond to this Topic

We’ll soon be announcing prizes for the best spooky animations, games, art, music and writing of the Halloween season. 

To make things exciting, we’ll need your help!

If you have the means and love Halloween, make a donation on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards Halloween prizes. You can optionally specify if you want your contribution to be for Animation, Games, Art, Music or Writing. The Halloween Writing Contest has already kicked off with some prizes! Sponsors will be listed in upcoming Halloween posts.

Among Us Jam

We’re currently hosting an Among Us animation jam with over $3,500 in prizes! The theme is “The Purple Imposter” and the deadline is October 7th.

Cool Music

@meganeko released a new album this week! Visit meganeko’s audio page to hear the whole thing.

@AliceMako also released a new album and you can hear it all here!

If you’ve been in a bit of a melancholy mood this week, here are some songs to vibe out to:

Thank you @Lapse, @yelldow, @Bitbeak, @horizon-hugger, @Micahman5000 and @ShelbyBryant for being there with cool music when I needed it. I actually got some great Nightmare Cops work done while listening to these!

You can click audio thumbnails to play songs in-page, playlist style. I recommend listening to the Audio Portal in another tab while browsing art and reading posts like this. You could start with Featured Audio or be adventurous and play everything on Latest, which has been consistently good lately.

Cool Movies

Between Madness Day and the incoming Among Us movies, including Purple Imposter Animation Jam entries, it’s been hard to give everything a proper shot on the front page this week. 

One of my favorites this month is Part of Your World by @irezoomie:

New favorites from just the past few days came courtesy @Stickel3, @GoodOldTom, @Butzbo and @cartoondoubledare.

And two faves from @JoelG and @jellyeyes earlier in the month, one which I discovered late:

Things tend to get missed when big events are wrapping up so be sure to let me know if you have some favorites that weren’t featured. I just recently discovered a movie @CharlieDBravos uploaded at the same time as our Pet Jam deadline in May, so it got totally overlooked and is awaiting a front page spot:

Not to mention all the big collabs this month, thanks to the efforts of @PhantomArcade, @IvanAlmighty, @BadTwinZ, @PatchToons and a small army of brilliant animators, voice actors, musicians and writers!

I’ll never get over seeing the big wall of names underneath a large collab, I love it.

Cool Games

The Year After by @anvhadrian has touched a lot of people this month:

Plasma Fist by @orange08 is great frantic fun. Inspired by Loderunner and Spelunky, it really brought back feelings from my youth, with fresh flare.

Monster Manor by @NastyOldWizard, @DaltonLeavey and @ConnorGrail is perfectly timed to get a jump on the Halloween spirit. Connor released the spooky music to the Audio Portal this weekend!

The top three games this month will each receive $100, thanks to generous contributions from the community! There are a lot more to consider, though; check out the top scoring games of the past thirty days, including that Tom Fulp Dressup game by @MKMaffo!

Cool Art

@finbeard created art worthy of one of the greatest games of all time, Gunstar Heroes.

@jnoel captured lots of what’s new in Spelunky 2.

@MagnaGallina shared some Tankmen fan art that we’re totally in love with:

@AtTheSpeedOf envisioned a tranquil scene at a cat shrine.

@MrCreeep invaded us with cosmic horror.

@CardbordToaster is new this month and has much to share!

@jobydorr joined in August and creates beautiful fantasy art.

Some of my favorite pixel art this month came from @Kldpxl, @DieMango, @moawling, @Ioruko, @CaliginousArts, @maruki and @hcnone.

Krinkels announced Madness Day winners yesterday and you gotta see the top three art.

We got a great zombie from @AshleyZombie, creator of our upcoming Halloween site skin!

Cool Features

If the stars align, we’ll be kicking off our new video player early next week. Hope you like it!

iu_172845_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-26 17:23:04

almost spooky time :D

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-26 17:37:41

I think this is gonna be my first halloween on Newgrounds and I joined some cool collabs to celebrate it!

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-26 17:40:36

Congrats to all of the Madness winners!

I loved all of the Madness Day art, there were some great ones!

@AliceMako has a great album out too btw, which was front paged but yall go check it out if you haven't already.

Also, on the topic of Halloween, I'm giving away $175 in cash prizes in the Halloween writing contest--- just stop by my userpage for details. 

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-26 17:59:41

Spooky month

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-26 18:05:12

At 9/26/20 05:40 PM, SevenSeize4President wrote: Congrats to all of the Madness winners!

@AliceMako has a great album out too btw, which was front paged but yall go check it out if you haven't already.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/965439

Also, on the topic of Halloween, I'm giving away $175 in cash prizes in the Halloween writing contest--- just stop by my userpage for details. 

ACK I can't believe I left out AliceMako's new album, I've added that in now and will add a link to the Halloween writing contest.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-26 18:07:21

At 9/26/20 06:05 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/26/20 05:40 PM, SevenSeize4President wrote: Congrats to all of the Madness winners!

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/965439

ACK I can't believe I left out AliceMako's new album, I've added that in now and will add a link to the Halloween writing contest.

It's because there's so much great NEW stuff out right now. I favorited soooo much this week. Audio, art, all the things!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-26 18:08:35

Q. Can you still do Inktober? There's been a lot of drama around Jake Parker, and I don't want to sound like an idiot by "supporting" him despite what's happened.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-26 18:11:13

At 9/26/20 06:08 PM, ArticNinja165 wrote: Q. Can you still do Inktober? There's been a lot of drama around Jake Parker, and I don't want to sound like an idiot by "supporting" him despite what's happened.

People have talked about doing ink art under a different name, not sure if anything has caught on there.

BBS Signature

At 9/26/20 06:08 PM, ArticNinja165 wrote: Q. Can you still do Inktober? There's been a lot of drama around Jake Parker, and I don't want to sound like an idiot by "supporting" him despite what's happened.

I'm still planning on doing inktober. I think it's a great opportunity for our artistic community here, and a great chance to refine our skills.

It also helps us (newgrounds) trend a little harder on social media during October.

If anything, just don't link to his page. If you do feel he plagiarized the other fella's book, link to his book instead.

Do you know if anything official has come of that or is it still an accusation? I watched the entire video and I did see the similarities, but I'm wondering if anything new has been said.

At 9/26/20 06:11 PM, TomFulp wrote:
People have talked about doing ink art under a different name, not sure if anything has caught on there.

This is the last I heard as well. Would love some of our artists to weigh in.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-26 18:55:23

Thanks for the shout-out on Plasma Fist, Tom! Glad to hear there was some nostalgia in there for you since that's what I was aiming for.

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-27 00:05:36

Madness Day just kinda came and went, didn't it?

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-27 06:06:57

Thank you for the mention Tom!! Hope you approved at least half the clothing selection.... 😌

winner !

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-27 06:41:56

Thanks so much for the feature, honored to be mentioned among other awesome people!

Looking forward to the upcoming fun stuff, get spooky :D

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-27 11:18:40

I LOVE YOU NEWGROUNDS!!!!

WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-27 11:48:49

iu_173110_3845704.gif

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-27 12:45:13

i can't wait for the spooky month! im also glad that meganeko is getting some recognition as well

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-27 14:07:22

At 9/26/20 06:11 PM, TomFulp wrote:

One thing I never got was why there was no something similar just relating to Halloween/ spooky things that could be done in Every drawing medium. Like 1st October draw vampires 2nd draw spiders ect. all the way to the 31st. It would get a lot more participation.

@tomfulp Thanks for the shoutout Sir Fulp! Very appreciated!! Glad my tunes have aided you while you work. :)

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-27 20:04:18

Thanks so much for the shout out, Tom! Looking forward to the Nightmare Cops, been a fan of your games since y'all made alien hominid :D

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-27 21:59:40

It's time to get spookay

This game sucks turkey dick!

Best Toon

For the love of GOD don't click on this!

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-27 22:11:10

thanks for the shoutout @tomfulp !! i had a blast making that gunstar heroes art, glad you enjoyed!

@TomFulp

Have you seen this ?

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-29 12:22:06

Pls add this care package to Halloween prize pool.

it should be for best use of Halloween skeletons in animation or art.

(1) behemoth xl skeletons castle crashers shirt

(1) kozik smorkin skull figurine

(1) calavera from Mexico City

iu_173812_28372.jpg

None

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-29 12:31:00

At 9/29/20 05:55 AM, LexRodent wrote: @TomFulp
Have you seen this ?

Yup, it's a fun vid!

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-30 02:48:06

iu_174072_8146500.jpg

Changed my old profile picture into a ghost

text of the decade: walter

send me an email

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-30 11:43:43

Hey thanks for the mention!!!

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-09-30 23:01:43

It's Show time.

Response to Spooky Prizes & Cool Stuff! 2020-10-01 22:10:49

It would be amazing to win some of those spooky prizes during my favorite month.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature