00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Lets get to know eachother!

489 Views | 39 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-02 09:29:14

Hey all! Lets just collaborate by posting up a storm in this thread about eachother! If we all follow and support eachother, theres no telling where we all could go!

Ill start!

My name is Colin, I go by my internet alias of Clayaga.

I currently am working on the fourth episode of my webseries, all of which is up on my channels on both YouTube and Newgrounds! I hope to improve my animation and art each episode and learn new things constantly!

My dream is to eventually get my own studio rolling and to become a Creative Director on shows, but more importantly, I just want to be a part of some cool shit! (HMU if you potentially need some help on some stuff, I can give feedback and potentially work on it with you!)

Tell me about you, why do you make what you make and where do you hope to go with it?

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-02 22:12:09

At 9/2/20 09:29 AM, Clayaga wrote: Hey all! Lets just collaborate by posting up a storm in this thread about eachother! If we all follow and support eachother, theres no telling where we all could go!
Ill start!

I currently am working on the fourth episode of my webseries, all of which is up on my channels on both YouTube and Newgrounds! I hope to improve my animation and art each episode and learn new things constantly!
My dream is to eventually get my own studio rolling and to become a Creative Director on shows, but more importantly, I just want to be a part of some cool shit! (HMU if you potentially need some help on some stuff, I can give feedback and potentially work on it with you!)

Tell me about you, why do you make what you make and where do you hope to go with it?

I'm New Here Lol Um Hello I'm James But I Go by the name GreenStudios On many social platforms and uhh I was wondering if you are specialized with animation mouths because I suck at them.I'm an animator as well and I'm working on 2 fan projects!

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-03 09:41:29

At 9/2/20 10:12 PM, GreenStudios wrote:
At 9/2/20 09:29 AM, Clayaga wrote: Hey all! Lets just collaborate by posting up a storm in this thread about eachother! If we all follow and support eachother, theres no telling where we all could go!
Ill start!

I'm New Here Lol Um Hello I'm James But I Go by the name GreenStudios On many social platforms and uhh I was wondering if you are specialized with animation mouths because I suck at them.I'm an animator as well and I'm working on 2 fan projects!

I understand mouth animation in different ways, I could send some resources your way to help you out if you would like!

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-03 11:01:50

At 9/3/20 09:41 AM, Clayaga wrote:
Ill start!

I understand mouth animation in different ways, I could send some resources your way to help you out if you would like!

sure man thanks do i have to pay you?lol

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-03 17:18:30

At 9/3/20 11:01 AM, GreenStudios wrote:
At 9/3/20 09:41 AM, Clayaga wrote:
Ill start!

sure man thanks do i have to pay you?lol

Nah bro, I was just gonna send some YouTube Tutorials or something.

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-03 20:36:04

Ill start!

im mots and i go by mots

i make art and a webcomic, but i want to do animation and game work in the future. i have a lot of ideas that i'd like to put on paper someday.

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-03 20:39:04

At 9/3/20 08:36 PM, uhhmots wrote:
Ill start!

im mots and i go by mots
i make art and a webcomic, but i want to do animation and game work in the future. i have a lot of ideas that i'd like to put on paper someday.

Cool! Share some stuff you you want to!

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-03 20:43:15

At 9/3/20 08:39 PM, Clayaga wrote:
At 9/3/20 08:36 PM, uhhmots wrote:
Ill start!

im mots and i go by mots
Cool! Share some stuff you you want to!

oh shit i didnt think id have to say lol. id like to maybe have a cartoon in the future, or maybe even work at newgrounds. i just really like animation. even as a kid i loved looney tunes and animaniacs. a game would be cool to make too.

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-05 18:05:24

Im the Reverend Ignatious Fluke and aspiring alcoholic and inveterate comedian

Tried my hand at animation a couple of weeks ago.

This is dead embarrassing but my first cack handed effort can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/JZbtHCX63OE

Rather than redo the same animation again and again I thought Id move on and improve on the next one which Im currently working on

Rushes here

https://youtu.be/em2X_oIcf6c

Im still very much learning how to do stuff. Eventually hope to collaborate on a stand out project as going it alone just isnt as much fun.

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-05 18:31:43

Ill start!

I Am A Gamer.

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-05 18:31:54

At 9/5/20 06:31 PM, Samuka31 wrote:
Ill start!

I Am A Gamer.

I can honestly say that I've been asked a million times why I play games. And I normally just shrug and say "It's a hobby.", but that's a lie. Because when I'm in game, I'm at home. From the flames of cataclysm to the icy mountains of Tamriel, anywhere I venture, is a place I love and know. My entire life people preach that I could be anything that I wanted to be. But when I told them I wanted to be the captain of a ship, a spaceship, THE spaceship that saves humanity. That I wanted to be Commander Shepard they told me I need to get a grip on reality. And to them to them a grip on a reality means the American dream, working nine to five crammed up in a tiny cubicle having two-point-five kids, a two story suburban house and a white picket fence. I divorce once, and I'd have debt into my early thirties because I took some bullshit university degree that's suppose to help me in the end.

This isn't reality, this is just a dull outlook on it. Now I understand it's human nature to achieve greatness, but I can do this as Commander Shepard, I don't need a degree. And if I want to go on an adventure I don't ever have to leave the comfort of my home. Yet, people spend an entire salary to travel and I can't help but laugh. I've single-handedly stopped a reign of ancient wyverns from destroying a nation, but before I could do that do I had to:

Learn their language. Become a master in Swordsmanship, Smithing, Archery, Defense, Magic, Speech, Hunting and Thieving!

Not to mention I had to take down an entire fleet of assassins along with a brigade of smugglers before I could even START my lessons in Dragon's Speak. I've always enjoyed an adventure, but I hated pawning my limbs to afford an eighteen-hour car ride. And aside from being told that I can enjoy a white-picket fence at the end of my career, all my years as a student was balance between Fractal Formulas and believing I never be able to love which is literal INSANITY. I've saved Princess Peach. I wanted to be the guy, and I became the guy. I saved Bandage Girl. And I've been Link for generations just to save Princess Zelda. But yet, I'm the eternal virgin, I'm the guy that's never going to love.

And sometimes this shit doesn't make sense to me, why people assume that I need to be out doing something and away from home to have fun when I have my own reality grasped between my hands. I have my own world at my fingertips, if I screw something up I can rewind time. I can't do that in real life, but when I'm in game I'm free to what I please, when I plEEEase, I'm free to enjoy things the way I want to. I can build my own Kingdom and lead my people to freedom because I'm the mind behind the game. I'm the one who enjoys these games.

I am a gamer. And I always will be.

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-06 03:59:10

My name is also Colin. My NG handle is Makestuff. I'm an actor, and most of the animation gigs with my voice have come through Newgrounds. In addition to my NG profile, I have a reel posted on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/331310006 (Also YouTube, but with Vimeo, I can update the reel without the view count going back to zero.)

My most viewed acting performance was voicing Eggman in "Sonic Mania Minus," which has gotten over 5.8 million views on YouTube since it posted in January of 2019.

In this context, my dream is to be a go-to voice for an animation production company, like Mel Blanc was with Warner Brothers' "Loony Toons."

I'd like to be in your voice-acting pool for future work, so feel free to DM me.

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-06 03:59:33

What happens when the man wants his electric back?

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-06 06:17:23

My name is Dohn. I go by The-Great-One though.

I am a writer. I used to do creative writing, but when I started my project The Interviewer and started interviewing other Newgrounds members, I found my calling for journalism. I also write a daily newspaper for Newgrounds called The Tank Tribune, which has a new issue every Sunday.

I hope to expand my writing and hopefully make a video series on YouTube and help bring more people to the site. It is a long shot I won't deny, I'm already 30 years old though so I figure what the hell why not take a chance? I am still working on my writings, with more focus on journalistic media since it takes up a lot of my time that I can no longer dedicate to creative writing.

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-06 09:50:29

At 9/5/20 06:05 PM, fl00k wrote: Im the Reverend Ignatious Fluke and aspiring alcoholic and inveterate comedian
Tried my hand at animation a couple of weeks ago.
This is dead embarrassing but my first cack handed effort can be seen here:
https://youtu.be/JZbtHCX63OE

Rather than redo the same animation again and again I thought Id move on and improve on the next one which Im currently working on
Rushes here
https://youtu.be/em2X_oIcf6c
Im still very much learning how to do stuff. Eventually hope to collaborate on a stand out project as going it alone just isnt as much fun.

Ho shit! This stuff actually looks really good bro, I would say the way it moves and etc reminds me of Metalocalypse, which is a show that went the distance in its own right.

Keep it up yo!

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-06 09:52:10

Ill start!

I Am A Gamer.

What games do you play?

I also am semi a gamer, I have a whole gameplay channel where me and some of my friends goof around and have fun. Not my main focus at the moment but a very fun hobby!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnj5EFiOEcELbHnD3HU0iow?

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-06 09:53:14

Ill start!

I Am A Gamer.
I can honestly say that I've been asked a million times why I play games. And I normally just shrug and say "It's a hobby.", but that's a lie. Because when I'm in game, I'm at home. From the flames of cataclysm to the icy mountains of Tamriel, anywhere I venture, is a place I love and know. My entire life people preach that I could be anything that I wanted to be. But when I told them I wanted to be the captain of a ship, a spaceship, THE spaceship that saves humanity. That I wanted to be Commander Shepard they told me I need to get a grip on reality. And to them to them a grip on a reality means the American dream, working nine to five crammed up in a tiny cubicle having two-point-five kids, a two story suburban house and a white picket fence. I divorce once, and I'd have debt into my early thirties because I took some bullshit university degree that's suppose to help me in the end.
This isn't reality, this is just a dull outlook on it. Now I understand it's human nature to achieve greatness, but I can do this as Commander Shepard, I don't need a degree. And if I want to go on an adventure I don't ever have to leave the comfort of my home. Yet, people spend an entire salary to travel and I can't help but laugh. I've single-handedly stopped a reign of ancient wyverns from destroying a nation, but before I could do that do I had to:
Learn their language. Become a master in Swordsmanship, Smithing, Archery, Defense, Magic, Speech, Hunting and Thieving!
Not to mention I had to take down an entire fleet of assassins along with a brigade of smugglers before I could even START my lessons in Dragon's Speak. I've always enjoyed an adventure, but I hated pawning my limbs to afford an eighteen-hour car ride. And aside from being told that I can enjoy a white-picket fence at the end of my career, all my years as a student was balance between Fractal Formulas and believing I never be able to love which is literal INSANITY. I've saved Princess Peach. I wanted to be the guy, and I became the guy. I saved Bandage Girl. And I've been Link for generations just to save Princess Zelda. But yet, I'm the eternal virgin, I'm the guy that's never going to love.
And sometimes this shit doesn't make sense to me, why people assume that I need to be out doing something and away from home to have fun when I have my own reality grasped between my hands. I have my own world at my fingertips, if I screw something up I can rewind time. I can't do that in real life, but when I'm in game I'm free to what I please, when I plEEEase, I'm free to enjoy things the way I want to. I can build my own Kingdom and lead my people to freedom because I'm the mind behind the game. I'm the one who enjoys these games.

This is a beautiful statement.

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-06 09:56:47

At 9/6/20 03:59 AM, makestuff wrote: My name is also Colin. My NG handle is Makestuff. I'm an actor, and most of the animation gigs with my voice have come through Newgrounds. In addition to my NG profile, I have a reel posted on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/331310006 (Also YouTube, but with Vimeo, I can update the reel without the view count going back to zero.)

My most viewed acting performance was voicing Eggman in "Sonic Mania Minus," which has gotten over 5.8 million views on YouTube since it posted in January of 2019.

In this context, my dream is to be a go-to voice for an animation production company, like Mel Blanc was with Warner Brothers' "Loony Toons."

I'd like to be in your voice-acting pool for future work, so feel free to DM me.

I checked out your demo reel and you got a good voice my friend, lets see if I can't find a place for you in any of my animations ;)

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-06 10:01:40

At 9/6/20 06:17 AM, The-Great-One wrote: My name is Dohn. I go by The-Great-One though.

I am a writer. I used to do creative writing, but when I started my project The Interviewer and started interviewing other Newgrounds members, I found my calling for journalism. I also write a daily newspaper for Newgrounds called The Tank Tribune, which has a new issue every Sunday.

I hope to expand my writing and hopefully make a video series on YouTube and help bring more people to the site. It is a long shot I won't deny, I'm already 30 years old though so I figure what the hell why not take a chance? I am still working on my writings, with more focus on journalistic media since it takes up a lot of my time that I can no longer dedicate to creative writing.

Hey man, I can tell you countless stories of people who started at 30+ and did wonders, so you're in the right place.

And i'd love to support that video series, even though this particular profile of mine was made more in the past few years, i've been a stumbler on this site since probably pre 2005, and it deserves the spotlight, especially as a good hub for animation since YouTube tends to fall short sometimes.

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-06 10:59:16

SNIPZ

Ho shit! This stuff actually looks really good bro, I would say the way it moves and etc reminds me of Metalocalypse, which is a show that went the distance in its own right.
Keep it up yo!

Thank you - Im still investigating alternative methods. I was curious how Archer did head turns - but it looks like labour intensive with 'inbetweens'

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-06 11:19:38

My name starts with V, but everyone I like just calls me Banshee. I make music and want to make a videogame.

I made a resolution that this year I would stop worrying whether my music/art is good enough for an imaginary audience and just start posting and sharing stuff. It's been pretty good so far.

On the game dev side of things I've mostly just been absorbing as many lessons, tutorials as possible and making unreleasable prototypes in GMS2. I have a outline for The Game™, but it's all still conceptual at this point and I know I need to focus on the baby steps first.

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-06 11:47:28

At 9/6/20 11:19 AM, Bansheebot wrote: My name starts with V, but everyone I like just calls me Banshee. I make music and want to make a videogame.

I made a resolution that this year I would stop worrying whether my music/art is good enough for an imaginary audience and just start posting and sharing stuff. It's been pretty good so far.

On the game dev side of things I've mostly just been absorbing as many lessons, tutorials as possible and making unreleasable prototypes in GMS2. I have a outline for The Game™, but it's all still conceptual at this point and I know I need to focus on the baby steps first.

Hi I'm jaso.. I'm a writer...

In Case of Emergency Before 911 Pray 611 and Afterword Sing a Revolutionary 9611.

Genesis 9 Hebrews 11.Matthew 6 Luke 11.Psalm 96 Revolution 11 {Witness The Music}

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-06 23:06:16

At 9/6/20 11:19 AM, Bansheebot wrote: My name starts with V, but everyone I like just calls me Banshee. I make music and want to make a videogame.

Yeah I think my friend said it best with the idea that "We're trying so hard to make it good, but thats not what we are supposed to do."

Just vibe and make stuff lol, and here have some inspiration on the same kinda note

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRpUr5iQPIY

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-06 23:06:36

At 9/6/20 11:47 AM, MichaelJason1 wrote:

Hi I'm jaso.. I'm a writer...

What do you like to write?

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-07 01:18:05

Ill start!

I am kaptindregbadd and i go by kaptindregbadd. LOL

Resident warhammer fanatic and bloodite. (Blood (1997 video game) fan)

Good? bad? im the guy with the gun! I'd say im sorry, but you'd know it wouidnt be sincere, so have a nice day!

caleb reads ep1!

BBS Signature

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-07 01:20:26

Ill start!

I Am A Gamer.

Warhammer lets me be whoever i want to be. Sometimes i want to be a pious space marine, a enterprising rogue trader, A savage ork warboss, Or a evil chaos space marine.

Good? bad? im the guy with the gun! I'd say im sorry, but you'd know it wouidnt be sincere, so have a nice day!

caleb reads ep1!

BBS Signature

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-08 11:56:25

I'm Scen. I make mediocre drawings of people's avatars/OCs as a means of procrastination. Don't plan to go anywhere with it... probably just procrastinate more - would like to improve my anatomy though. qq

BBS Signature

I'm SKU!L

I try to make music, I used to do remixes but now im focused on doing originals (with vocals)

I used to like drawing....I still do but not as much....

I started doing music back in 2014 or 15 but made a Newgrounds in 2016.

I was inspired to make music by listening to Skrillex, Deadmau5, A7X, TLT, ETC...

My first intention was to make dubstep

But now im more interested in making Rock with electronic type elements mixed in,

Before I wanted to make mashups (I did but they were kinda crappy)

My music production back then was extremely crappy lol, I used midi files to do remixes, until I started learning to remix without the need of midis,

Now I'm trying to improve my sound and start a YouTube career...

My plans are to make an Album/ get a studio.

BBS Signature

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-08 15:58:56

Ill start!

My name is Ahmed. I wanna become a Flash Animator and a Game Developer making funny games and animations but I can't figure out how to make some. I hope to make some new friends here and if any of you have any tutorials on games then please do send them.

انيكاك قوي

BBS Signature

Response to Lets get to know eachother! 2020-09-08 19:50:42

My name is Krasimir and my alias is Gamatin

I like making music(mostly EDM), I made some songs back in 2015,some of which got published on music YouTube channels, but then I stopped and lost most of my skills, so now I'm basically starting from 0. I keep experimenting with new stuff that I can post here, but it's mostly just some weird sh*t I'm too ashamed to share. I try to make songs that sound like the old school dubstep I loved when I was back in school. My dream is to become a dj and go and mix songs infront of people, or just become a Minecraft youtuber(lol jk).

i just want my ears to bleed from music

BBS Signature