00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AllHailInsomnia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Old User Re-Introduction Thread

67,189 Views | 616 Replies

was on ng well before 2008 -- often took up the majority of my "computer class" time since I had already "mastered" the material before ever taking the computer classes. I've lived in 5 US States and 3 countries since then.

still chime in every now and then to revisit my old nostalgic favorites.

woah boy

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-11-06 10:37:22

How do you do, fellow kids?

I crawl out of the woodwork from time to time...to lurk around.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-11-08 06:29:53

suddenly thought of Ray, one of my favorite flash games of all time and then remembered that i actually had a newgrounds account lol

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-11-11 10:54:58

At 8/15/20 07:59 AM, TomFulp wrote: @Susanowoo suggested that we create an OLD User Introduction thread, for old accounts that have never introduced themselves or have just returned to NG after years of absence. I've seen a good number of returning visitors in recent years so this sounds like a fun idea.

If you're an old user who has been lurking, this thread is your opportunity to let yourself be known!

I have been on and off this site for years and have an insane join date.

Fuck the mainstream.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-11-13 05:54:27

I am ChimpBzkit. I joined this site when I was 12 in 2005 (I think I may have broken the rules, sorry Tom.)

I have been very active on NG up until 2008 or 2009. I lot of great series that I still love to this day were birthed here. This is my first time back in quite some time and I'm glad to be back now that I'm a little less mature than I used to be.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-11-13 07:49:13

At 11/13/21 05:54 AM, ChimpBzkit wrote: I am ChimpBzkit. I joined this site when I was 12 in 2005 (I think I may have broken the rules, sorry Tom.)

I have been very active on NG up until 2008 or 2009. I lot of great series that I still love to this day were birthed here. This is my first time back in quite some time and I'm glad to be back now that I'm a little less mature than I used to be.

i fucking love your username lol

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-11-13 16:57:03

At 11/13/21 07:49 AM, DrunkGecko wrote:
At 11/13/21 05:54 AM, ChimpBzkit wrote: I am ChimpBzkit. I joined this site when I was 12 in 2005 (I think I may have broken the rules, sorry Tom.)

i fucking love your username lol

I’m glad you like it!

BBS Signature

I've been on this site since 2016 so I don't know if I count, but i'd like to get to know more people on this site

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-11-14 21:03:12

At 11/14/21 01:02 PM, Piss wrote: i have a micropenis

Wait didn't you chop off your penis? What's going on man, you feeding us lies

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-11-15 17:48:20

Cool topic. I started playing games on Newgrounds back in '99 I think. Didn't get a profile until a bit later, and was only really active around 2006-2008. Just popped in for the first time in years, and saw this thread, which seemed appropriate to post in!

The Revolution!!!! Search with blackle

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-11-16 02:57:05

At 10/20/21 10:05 AM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: lol.

At 6/3/21 02:51 PM, Sawdust wrote:
At 5/23/21 03:47 PM, Ptero wrote: i posted a lot of stupid things on this website when i was a teenager!!
MAN SAME LOL what's up newgrounds
hi jerome

haahah shit man hmu

At 11/15/21 05:48 PM, TheSerf wrote: Cool topic. I started playing games on Newgrounds back in '99 I think. Didn't get a profile until a bit later, and was only really active around 2006-2008. Just popped in for the first time in years, and saw this thread, which seemed appropriate to post in!

Ah you have really been around! Have you lurked all this time, just came back? Welcome back if so!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-11-17 16:17:27

At 11/17/21 08:23 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Ah you have really been around! Have you lurked all this time, just came back? Welcome back if so!

Nah, not much lurking; it just popped into my head the other day: "Hey, I should go play an NG game." And voila, I'm back!

The Revolution!!!! Search with blackle

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-11-17 17:23:38

At 11/17/21 04:17 PM, TheSerf wrote: Nah, not much lurking; it just popped into my head the other day: "Hey, I should go play an NG game." And voila, I'm back

The telepathic promo material myst be working hmm. :)

It's a good time to come back here anyhow! Place is livelier than ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-11-17 19:14:26

Not that I've disappeared much in the last 20 years but I don't venture far from the audio people. I've joined the Secret Santa illustration event this year and got about 20 new followers which is a good reminder to branch out and feel the pulse of the community.

I've been here since the early times. I was too young to experience content like Assassin and Teletubby FunLand but I experienced it anyways. I suppose today's youth can watch silly middle eastern knife beheadings so if it's a competition for who had the most fucked up childhood I will gladly pass the torch along to today's young adults. I remember the Colombine shooting happening, I might have been in third grade? That event actually taught me a lot about the importance of aesthetic and design.

Fact: Shotgun Man is an early Newgrounds mascot that didn't have the longevity and sex appeal of characters like Pico and A. Hominid.

In highschool I finally made an account, produced some lame flash cartoons (half of which are on a dead DeviantArt account), played the drums in rock & jazz bands, started producing EDM, went to University, fell in love, fell out of love, fell in love again, left the world behind, moved into an apartment across the country two doors down from a meth lab, explored the option of doing sex work (it didn't work), moved back to New York, moved away from New York again, moved away from Tennessee, and recently I moved away from Georgia. I'm in Colorado right now and I love it.

I spent most my professional life doing some sort of Landscaping and Horticulture-FUCK, WHY AM I GIVING YOU PEOPLE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?? I LITERALLY MOVED OFF GRID TO AVOID PEOPLES. GO AWAY, STOP READING THIS. I DEMAND YOU STOP READING THIS IMMEDIATELY. I THROW MY BLOOD INTO YOUR EYES. I CURSE YOUR EYES. I CURSE YOU. I CURSE YOUR FAMILY. I CURSE YOUR SOUL.

I love this place and the strange energy it puts off. I'm sorry I don't have the time to build relationships with all of you wonderfully creative people. If you're reading this, I love you. I love that you do what you do. Keep doing what you do however you do it. I believe in you. I believe in all of you. I believe in you while you do what you do if you choose to do you because I love you. Just do you.

Make your dreams come true <3 <3

quarl BandCamp

At 11/17/21 07:14 PM, Quarl wrote: I remember the Colombine shooting happening, I might have been in third grade? That event actually taught me a lot about the importance of aesthetic and design.

Wait now. Colombine shooting = aesthetic and design?! You mean via the Pico game, say? Wonder how else that might've been relevant to such things.

Fact: Shotgun Man is an early Newgrounds mascot that didn't have the longevity and sex appeal of characters like Pico and A. Hominid.

I actually didn't know that! Or know that I remember. Nice trivia.

played the drums in rock & jazz bands

Any footage of those left online somewhere? Any here on NG if I go digging?

Unexpected curse in the midst of highly personal yet appreciative reflections and recollections of a fascinating life thus far. XD Learned some new things here! Cool to see you venturing here into General populace too!

What a wholesome re-introduction this was. Thank you. And to you too. May all your dreams come true if there are any yet left that haven't already come to fruition!!!

And now that you've posted this I suppose I get the opportunity of officially giving a warm but slightly belated welcome to this here greatest of creative havens online! May your stay be a great one even onward.

BBS Signature

At 11/19/21 12:10 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 11/17/21 07:14 PM, Quarl wrote:
Wait now. Colombine shooting = aesthetic and design?! You mean via the Pico game, say? Wonder how else that might've been relevant to such things.

Assassin was a sub webpage from Newgrounds in the late 90s that featured flash games where you just murdered celebrities. Shotgun Man was the mascot for it but he kind of looked like the columbine shooters and the media picked up on it and blamed Newgrounds for inspiring violence. Despite the fact that Pico's school was literally about shooting up a school, Pico stuck around as a long term Newgrounds mascot and didn't seem to generate the same controversy as Shotgun Man. In regards to aesthetic and design, chibi flash characters can literally play Russian roulette in a dank basement and not generate the same media hype as a trenchcoat wearing dude holding a shotgun while looking intimidating.

played the drums in rock & jazz bands
Any footage of those left online somewhere? Any here on NG if I go digging?

There is some VHS footage of some of my highschool bands on YouTube and Vimeo but I couldn't find them and would have to hit up an old friend from Highschool to dig up the links. They're not very high quality but if you want, I can find them.

Unexpected curse in the midst of highly personal yet appreciative reflections and recollections of a fascinating life thus far. XD Learned some new things here! Cool to see you venturing here into General populace too!

Lol, was channeling a little Burnt Face man Episode 9. Angry snail cult: "I BURN YOUR MORE. I BURN YOUR PENIS. I BURN YOUR BALLS. I BURN YOUR F****T LEGS." It was such an obscure reference that it might as well have not been a reference at all. I've been using caps lock a lot lately and it might also come from Stamper. That guy is legit manic and while behavioral disorders are nothing to joke about, a small part of me likes being around crazy people. I put out small amounts of that energy, hopefully it's not too annoying...

What a wholesome re-introduction this was. Thank you. And to you too. May all your dreams come true if there are any yet left that haven't already come to fruition!!!

And now that you've posted this I suppose I get the opportunity of officially giving a warm but slightly belated welcome to this here greatest of creative havens online! May your stay be a great one even onward.

You too Cyber-Devil, keeper of culture and all thing Newgrounds. You have a good day young man. Don't forget to brush your teeth.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-11-24 22:27:54

At 8/15/20 07:59 AM, TomFulp wrote: @Susanowoo suggested that we create an OLD User Introduction thread, for old accounts that have never introduced themselves or have just returned to NG after years of absence. I've seen a good number of returning visitors in recent years so this sounds like a fun idea.

If you're an old user who has been lurking, this thread is your opportunity to let yourself be known!

what is neahegrofns

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-12-01 10:04:07

I mean I dunno how old I had this account. I joined probably a year ago or probably more but I will say I have never had more fun being in this type or any type of community. I had laughs made friends ships and without you, these memories would have been dreams. And I really really am happy to be here not only to give people artwork to enjoy but to talk to my buddies. Being a part of this community made me feel more accepted and I appreciate in this long year what I have been given to me. And I thank you very much Fulp for making Newgrounds a part of my life and probably a part of others' life. Merry Christmas ma homie

obama

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-12-07 16:31:58

At 12/3/21 02:59 PM, luminos-neptune wrote: Well. Hello, again.
I accidentally deleted my account, so sorry about that. But I make Beepbox songs, mostly classical and chiptune. Stuff like that. Other than that, have a good day!

How easy is it to accidentally delete your account?!

Welcome back though!

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-12-11 23:50:43

ladies my inbox is open

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-12-15 09:08:20

Hello!

I used to be called Loathsome(loath-some) on NG before and posted stupid flashes back in 2005. I was part of the Lock Legion under the name Evil Lock. Very edgy!

I do full-time gamedev now days. Co-founded Pixadome and made a game called "Hayfever" and I'm currently working on a game named "Chenso Club". I plan on posting a lot of pixel art stuff on here now and some smaller jam games.

BBS Signature

At 12/15/21 09:08 AM, KoniWorx wrote: Hello!

I used to be called Loathsome(loath-some) on NG before and posted stupid flashes back in 2005. I was part of the Lock Legion under the name Evil Lock. Very edgy!

I do full-time gamedev now days. Co-founded Pixadome and made a game called "Hayfever" and I'm currently working on a game named "Chenso Club". I plan on posting a lot of pixel art stuff on here now and some smaller jam games.

You're really getting places in the world! All the more awesome to hear what with the humble NG beginnings... all great users once upon a time resided on NG it seems.

Anyway welcome back KoniWorx! That pixadome site looks amazing, and fun games. Would be cool if you'd get them accepted onto GOG too, they have an Indie game submission form there too *hint hint*...

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-12-16 04:48:23

At 12/16/21 04:19 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:

You're really getting places in the world! All the more awesome to hear what with the humble NG beginnings... all great users once upon a time resided on NG it seems.

Anyway welcome back KoniWorx! That pixadome site looks amazing, and fun games. Would be cool if you'd get them accepted onto GOG too, they have an Indie game submission form there too *hint hint*...

Aw man thanks a lot I appreciate it! NG has had a big influence on me for sure!

I've heard of GOG but never really looked closely at it. Hayfever was published by someone else, but perhaps it'd be something for Chenso Club.

Thanks for checking out our stuff man :)

BBS Signature

At 12/16/21 04:48 AM, KoniWorx wrote: Aw man thanks a lot I appreciate it! NG has had a big influence on me for sure!
I've heard of GOG but never really looked closely at it. Hayfever was published by someone else, but perhaps it'd be something for Chenso Club.

Same. :) All creative crafts I've attempted pretty much commenced here...

It's personally the place I prefer to get my games, over Steam, though the latter's definitely bigger. About which one's more lucrative though maybe GOG's a bit more generous... I'd hope so, feels like they're to Steam similar to what NG is to other more mainstream social media. A little smaller but all the more homely; dedicated. Don't think you have to publish exclusively with them, could be just an additional market.

If you want to give it a shot: https://www.gog.com/indie

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-12-16 05:07:07

At 12/16/21 04:59 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/16/21 04:48 AM, KoniWorx wrote: Aw man thanks a lot I appreciate it! NG has had a big influence on me for sure!

Same. :) All creative crafts I've attempted pretty much commenced here...

It's personally the place I prefer to get my games, over Steam, though the latter's definitely bigger. About which one's more lucrative though maybe GOG's a bit more generous... I'd hope so, feels like they're to Steam similar to what NG is to other more mainstream social media. A little smaller but all the more homely; dedicated. Don't think you have to publish exclusively with them, could be just an additional market.

If you want to give it a shot: https://www.gog.com/indie

Yeah, I think the reason the publisher has not put it on GOG is because it would dilute the marketing/call to action or something. Personally I have no issue with multiple platforms.

BBS Signature

At 12/16/21 05:07 AM, KoniWorx wrote: Yeah, I think the reason the publisher has not put it on GOG is because it would dilute the marketing/call to action or something. Personally I have no issue with multiple platforms.

Interesting how that might factor in too... would've considered parallel markets entirely positive, but there definitely is an appeal to exclusivity too, and maybe if you're just looking for a good price you don't instantly buy something if it may yet get cheaper elsewhere...

A bit more complex a consideration than I thought here! But good to know.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-12-17 10:01:32

At 12/17/21 09:24 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/16/21 05:07 AM, KoniWorx wrote: Yeah, I think the reason the publisher has not put it on GOG is because it would dilute the marketing/call to action or something. Personally I have no issue with multiple platforms.
Interesting how that might factor in too... would've considered parallel markets entirely positive, but there definitely is an appeal to exclusivity too, and maybe if you're just looking for a good price you don't instantly buy something if it may yet get cheaper elsewhere...

A bit more complex a consideration than I thought here! But good to know.

It's a bit sneaky. Sometimes you don't want to release on multiple platforms if you have users that would buy it on multiple platforms if you release it slightly later. I dislike that approach but sometimes that's what publishers want. Not saying that's what we did, we released Hayfever on multiple places at once. I dunno why GOG wasn't a factor.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-12-17 10:05:42

LL REPRESENT!!

hello

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-12-17 11:08:41

At 12/17/21 10:01 AM, KoniWorx wrote: It's a bit sneaky. Sometimes you don't want to release on multiple platforms if you have users that would buy it on multiple platforms if you release it slightly later. I dislike that approach but sometimes that's what publishers want. Not saying that's what we did, we released Hayfever on multiple places at once. I dunno why GOG wasn't a factor.

Right that too... suppose it just might not have been as prominent a place for publication?

BBS Signature