00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bags, Bombs, Bastards

7,512 Views | 70 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 12:16:19

I hate to change the subject, but I wanted to let everyone know that there are only 10 days left to order your NEWGROUNDS and FDA messenger bags!

Also be sure to give Shok props and listen to his LHM songs on mp3.com!

Rather than getting tons of 9-11 tributes, we are now getting tons of anti-Bin Laden tributes. Remember, whether he was behind this or not, he's still an asshole!

Due to some recent submissions, we have finally decided to create the Bastards Collection. This includes some of the more tasteless WTC tributes, along with movies about Aaliyah, Dale Ernhardt, Sonny Bono, and more. Don't like them? Write a mean review! :)

Please be sure to read my post below and respond if you haven't already! Also be sure to read everything to keep yourself informed about how the world works! For example, did you know that the CIA trained the Taliban to piss off the Soviets, so we basically created our own worst enemy? Knowing these facts doesn't mean you are anti-American - but they are interesting tidbits of info!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 12:57:38

First post.

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 13:09:04

i like it

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 13:45:59

You can see Pico merchandise here:

http://www.cafepress.com/pico

Although I DEFINITELY need to udpate it... Maybe with Pico 2???

-Tom

This is from the Disorderly thread but it has to do with Newgrounds merchandise. I got my Newgrounds.com shirt like two weeks ago and it rocks. I am proud to say that I am now a walking advertisement for Newgrounds. If I went to church, I'd definitely wear it there so that I could send all the curious little religious people here. Anyway, roughly how long will we have to wait for new Pico stuff? I'd really like to see a shirt with Pico holdin a big ol' machine gun and looking like a total badass (like the assassin guy). Just wondering.
Oh yeah,fuck Osama. I'd like to see a camel with aids stick a boner in his ear.

Bags, Bombs, Bastards

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 13:57:54

Oh, and I like the way ya spruced up the main store, it's hilarious. Great work man.
Osama sucks.

Bags, Bombs, Bastards

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 15:06:37

Being a lover of the word bastard, I am just happy to see a collection with that title.

Bags, Bombs, Bastards

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 17:02:13

tom if you could tell me wut a messenger bag is and if it is what I think it is I will for sure buy one

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 17:29:35

At 9/19/01 12:16 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Due to some recent submissions, we have finally decided to create the Bastards Collection!

The bastard collection sounds kick ass. I love LHM, I got 9 of there MP3's. Anything new coming out after the bombings, like will you create and offical newgrounds movies for 9-11?
Keep up the good work on Newqgrounds!

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 18:06:16

Dear Friends At NewGrounds. This Is the shit you need to know that they aren't telling you!
WHEN YO READ THIS, AND YOU NEED TO READ THIS AND PASS IT ALONG, REMEMBER THAT THE US GOVERNMENT KNEW THIS INFORMATION AND STILL GAVE THE TALIBAN $41 MILLION DOLLARS LAST MAY TO HELP FIGHT THEIR "DRUG WAR." WE VERY WELL MAY HAVE FUNDED OUR OWN ATTACK!

The following was sent to me by my friend Tamim Ansary. Tamim is an Afghani-American writer. He is also one of the most brilliant people I know in this life. When he writes, I read. When he talks, I listen.
Here is his take on Afghanistan and the whole mess we are in.

Dear whoever is on this email thread:
I've been hearing a lot of talk about "bombing Afghanistan back to the Stone Age." Ronn Owens, on KGO Talk Radio today, allowed that this would mean killing innocent people, people who had nothing to do with this atrocity, but "we're at war, we have to accept collateral damage. What else can we do?" Minutes later I heard some TV pundit discussing whether we "have the belly to do what must be done."

And I thought about the issues being raised especially hard because I am from Afghanistan, and even though I've lived here for 35 years I've never lost track of what's going on there. So I want to tell anyone who will listen how it all looks from where I'm standing.

I speak as one who hates the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden. There is no doubt in my mind that these people were responsible for the atrocity in New York. I agree that something must be done about those monsters.

But the Taliban and Ben Laden are not Afghanistan. They're not even the government of Afghanistan. The Taliban are a cult of ignorant psychotics who took over Afghanistan in 1997.

Bin Laden is a political criminal with a plan. When you think Taliban, think Nazis. When you think Bin Laden, think Hitler. And when you think "the people of Afghanistan" think "the Jews in the concentration camps."

It's not only that the Afghan people had nothing to do with this atrocity. They were the first victims of the perpetrators. They would exult if someone would come in there, take out the Taliban and clear out the rats nest of international thugs holed up in their country.

Some say, why don't the Afghans rise up and overthrow the Taliban? The answer is, they're starved, exhausted, hurt, incapacitated, suffering.

A few years ago, the United Nations estimated that there are 500,000 disabled orphans in Afghanistan--a country with no economy, no food. There are millions of widows. And the Taliban has been burying these widows alive in mass graves. The soil is littered with land mines, the farms were all destroyed by the Soviets. These are a few of the reasons why the Afghan people have not overthrown the Taliban.

We come now to the question of bombing Afghanistan back to the Stone Age. Trouble is, that's been done. The Soviets took care of it already.

Make the Afghans suffer? They're already suffering. Level their houses? Done. Turn their schools into piles of rubble? Done. Eradicate their hospitals? Done. Destroy their infrastructure? Cut them off from medicine and health care? Too late. Someone already did all that.

New bombs would only stir the rubble of earlier bombs. Would they at least get the Taliban? Not likely. In today's Afghanistan, only the Taliban eat, only they have the means to move around. They'd slip away and hide. Maybe the bombs would get some of those disabled orphans, they don't move too fast, they don't even have wheelchairs.

But flying over Kabul and dropping bombs wouldn't really be a strike against the criminals who did this horrific thing.

Actually it would only be making common cause with the Taliban--by raping once again the people they've been raping all this time.

So what else is there? What can be done, then?

Let me now speak with true fear and trembling. The only way to get Bin Laden is to go in there with ground troops. When people speak of "having the belly to do what needs to be done" they're thinking in terms of having the belly to kill as many as needed. Having the belly to overcome any moral qualms about killing innocent people.

Let's pull our heads out of the sand. What's actually on the table is Americans dying. And not just because some Americans would die fighting their way through Afghanistan to Bin Laden's hideout. It's much bigger than that folks. Because to get any troops to Afghanistan, we'd have to go through Pakistan. Would they let us? Not likely. The conquest of Pakistan would have to be first. Will other Muslim nations just stand by? You see where I'm going. We're flirting with a world war between Islam and the West.

And guess what: that's Bin Laden's program. That's exactly what he wants.

That's why he did this. Read his speeches and statements. It's all right there. He really believes Islam would beat the west.

It might seem ridiculous, but he figures if he can polarize the world into Islam and the West, he's got a billion soldiers. If the west wreaks a holocaust in those lands, that's a billion people with nothing left to lose, that's even better from Bin Laden's point of view.

He's probably wrong, in the end the west would win, whatever that would mean, but the war would last for years and millions would die, not just theirs but
ours.

Who has the belly for that? Bin Laden does. Anyone else?

Ansary

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 20:01:18

Can you remove that Disorderly movie off the front page, that damn thing slows down my 56K! At least make it smaller!

And I will check out the bastard collection later.

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 20:21:27

Heh, very clever. The Bastard Collection. Personally I think anyone who feels they need to find humor in the atrocities that have occurred need their head examined...but at least you separated those tasteless movies from the rest.

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 20:22:23

i didn't look at all of them but i did see the dale one and that was just fuckin gay. i should smack the person who did that. but i'm not. he has the right to put what ever he wants to on the screen.

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 20:30:59

First post.

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 20:39:42

God.
Hell. Think of it as hell. On a normal day the hot place looks very demonic, ararichristic, and cesspool like. And on a good one, it resembles New York.

And Tom, the Tan'ari F25 has a solar energy "beam" on it. And yes Laden should get one in the sack (if he has one). But its more super focused light, with fusion heating than a blaster from Star Trek.

We should strike back. But how? If we turn the middle east into a reddish black squiggle, than how are we better that Bin Laden? Fight the terrorists without becoming the terrorists. If we nuke Saudi or Afgan why are we better than the terrorists who destroyed a part of our nation? Because we're american? No. Because we just are? Maybe through your eyes. They deserved it. Bin Laden and terrorism do, not Afganastan and the middle east. Think about that.

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 21:53:59

Yeah... I looked at some of theose entries...Tom weed out that crappy shit please... IT's ridiclous...

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 21:57:22

That last post was not from fusion in his firend i forgot to sign on my acct.

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 22:45:39

There has to be more bastards around than just these few...guess it's time to go barrel-scraping...

life has to happen sometimes, it just happing to me all over the place

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-19 23:55:26

At 9/19/01 12:16 PM, TomFulp wrote: I hate to change the subject, but I wanted to let everyone know that there are only 10 days left to order your NEWGROUNDS and FDA messenger bags!

Rather than getting tons of 9-11 tributes, we are now getting tons of anti-Bin Laden tributes. Remember, whether he was behind this or not, he's still an asshole!

Due to some recent submissions, we have finally decided to create the Bastards Collection. This includes some of the more tasteless WTC tributes, along with movies about Aaliyah, Dale Ernhardt, Sonny Bono, and more. Don't like them? Write a mean review! :)

Please be sure to read my post below and respond if you haven't already! Also be sure to read everything to keep yourself informed about how the world works! For example, did you know that the CIA trained the Taliban to piss off the Soviets, so we basically created our own worst enemy? Knowing these facts doesn't mean you are anti-American - but they are interesting tidbits of info!

Tom, what NG needs is a Clock-related Features, with the classics from StrawberryClock, OrangeClock, RaspberryClock, and the anti-movies by Raxar and MrCongeniality, among others.

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-20 00:17:22

At 9/19/01 11:55 PM, Wheatonman wrote:
At 9/19/01 12:16 PM, TomFulp wrote: I hate to change the subject, but I wanted to let everyone know that there are only 10 days left to order your NEWGROUNDS and FDA messenger bags!

Tom, what NG needs is a Clock-related Features, with the classics from StrawberryClock, OrangeClock, RaspberryClock, and the anti-movies by Raxar and MrCongeniality, among others.

Yeah, that really is long-overdue. I'll see about getting one thrown together tomorrow. :)

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-20 01:52:35

0h well, waste of money. $$$ = 0

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-20 02:09:19

Being quite the bastard myself.. I can fully appreciate the thought put into making a section where my asshole bretheren aren't so totally out of place.

Still, some of those movies do go pretty low, can't say I endorce them all..

Bags, Bombs, Bastards

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-20 04:57:07

At 9/19/01 08:21 PM, Jenn wrote: Heh, very clever. The Bastard Collection. Personally I think anyone who feels they need to find humor in the atrocities that have occurred need their head examined...but at least you separated those tasteless movies from the rest.

Close, but no cigar. They aren't really separated from the rest of the movies; they simply let the NG visitors know that a particular movie has the... oh, how do I say it... "ballz" to present humor so atrocious that it challenges the tolerance levels of most decent human beings.
Still, I think it's a great idea. Kinda nice to know where to go when you're sick of the wholesome stuff. :-D Well, seeyah

-sic_maget 4 LIFE...

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-20 07:03:44

The bastards collection is quite good!

Nice

Newgrounds is a website for 13 year olds who cannot understand the difference between "there", "their" and "they´re".

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-20 08:20:43

Maybe Osama played "Pico´s School" too often?

Curufinwe

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-20 11:49:26

On the discussion of WTC tributes on Newgrounds, while most of them have honorable intentions, others do not, a subject matter I bring up from someone who mentioned this.

My advise to prevent from anyone trying to milk profit from this tradegy, is to have all voting and rating polls be removed from 9-11 tributes, it doesn't help those who are suffering.

Those that want to contribute should be from those who care, expressing their emotions, and paying their respects to others and NOT trying to gain popularity and shit like that!

Only I can make blue whales cry.

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-20 15:50:27

It is disheartening to me, a past defender of Americas flag, to see the ignorance of perfectly loyal citizens in their zeal to represent themselves.
Seeing the symbol of our country in its proflagration is a good thing:DESTROYING IT BY LETTING IT FLAP IN THE WIND AT SIXTY MILES AN HOUR IS NOT!
I am sure that those who have worn theirs down to the stick just toss it in the trash.ANOTHER BAD THING!
When the flag is in tatters, it really does matter,
Fly it proudly, fly it ever on, and take your old flags to a local VFW for proper disposal.
Thanks for your time. Michael

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-20 18:19:57

Great bastards collection although I didn't seem to like the Aaliyah thing the other ones were funny. I know I'm changing the subject but I had to get this off my chest...A lil fuck named lordzeller is running around dissing Jews and I frankly would like to put an end to his miserable insegnifacant life. And if he's reading this GUESS WHAT ASSHOLE?! I'm a black jew and your the worm stuck to the bottom of my shoe squirming to break free from in-between the sole of my shoe. Neo nazi ass cocker. Anyways America ROCKS! Afghanastan sucks! And anyone who thinks different can go to hell

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-20 20:23:21

I just watched the dale earnhardt flash again and i realize how stupid that shit was. so . there's some hope for this guy

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-20 20:24:32

i'm just bull shitting around. i have nothing important to do. so . life sucks in this lil town.

Response to Bags, Bombs, Bastards 2001-09-20 20:26:34

jalkjfkljsaflkjdsafkljlkl;fjdsalk;jafl;jsafkl;l;kjdsafl;dsafl;kjdsafkl;jsad ajkslfjl;jdsl;dsfkl;jdsafl;jdsafl;jdsafdsallfjkl;jdsafkl;dsaffkl;. i'm really fuckin bored