00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone...

142 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

When they happen how often do they go off for you?

Emergency alerts are less annoying here because they only repeat once mostly.

Amber alerts keep going forever. The last one went 19 times. About every 25 minutes apart.

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 00:19:17

I usually only get one alert. Probably something to do with whoever is issuing the alert.

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 06:23:35

What are amber alerts?

I have a weather mobile application installed that sends me alarmist alerts whenever there are rainstorms or gusts nearby, or whenever weather warnings are issued.

iu_150423_779242.png

Latest updates on tropical cyclones

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 06:32:14

At 8/1/20 06:23 AM, Sobolev wrote: What are amber alerts?

One of the worst ideas ever.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 06:58:46

basically a citizen version of an APB for a missing persons

i like the alerts personally, especially the air raid ones while i'm outside walking and i completely ignore them because what they are going to do? fine me 500 ntd? lmfao

BBS Signature

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 07:00:54

At 8/1/20 06:32 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:

Related (and little-known) fact to what you linked there: most of the time a child is abducted, it's usually a family member or someone the child knows, who in most cases is not on the sex offender registry. I hate when I see the police wasting time questioning every known pedo in the area when it's usually an unknown who is part of the family who is the culprit. Just another level of retarded in society.

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 07:04:54

At 8/1/20 07:00 AM, CuntMagnet wrote:
Related (and little-known) fact to what you linked there: most of the time a child is abducted, it's usually a family member or someone the child knows, who in most cases is not on the sex offender registry. I hate when I see the police wasting time questioning every known pedo in the area when it's usually an unknown who is part of the family who is the culprit. Just another level of retarded in society.

I've got an article for this, too.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

I usually only get amber alerts when I'm in a bigger city.

I have my weather alert settings to where it only alerts me for tornadoes or flash floods, so I don't get those very often either. I guess like one a month.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 08:21:53

At 8/1/20 07:04 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:

Accurate af

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 10:29:32

At 8/1/20 07:55 AM, TheGhostOfSevenSeize wrote: I usually only get amber alerts when I'm in a bigger city.

We don't even have them over here because our police don't suck.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Most alerts I get are weather related.

I ignore most. Oh? It's going to be hot? In July? No... Oh? A big storm has flood warnings? I'll be ok.

They're mostly useless for me. There would have to be feet of rain for me to worry about flooding.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 11:20:01

At 8/1/20 08:21 AM, CuntMagnet wrote:
At 8/1/20 07:04 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
Accurate af

The recent amber alert I got was a different case but yeah mostly strangers are not the enemy.

The alert on my phone hardly had any information. News on TV actually gave info like the license plate number and the location of the abduction. Also the fact that the kidnapper had a gun and already shot people.

The person had picked her out because she fit the order from their client. Grabbed her around 2am the news said.

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 11:57:54

Thank god for Amber Alerts. That Amber girl is always up to no good. Steer clear of her. She's trouble.

Click sig for smexy times. Must be over 18. NSFW!

BBS Signature

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 12:25:04

At 8/1/20 11:57 AM, Belthagor wrote: Thank god for Amber Alerts. That Amber girl is always up to no good. Steer clear of her. She's trouble.

Actually knew a rotten girl named Amber.

Her mother and her found a way to make money via statutory rape claims.

My sister was friends with her for a bit. Anytime she was around I kept my loaded paintball gun handy. Little shit actually tried getting into the bathroom on me while I was crapping.

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 12:45:57

At 8/1/20 12:25 PM, Teddynotes wrote:
At 8/1/20 11:57 AM, Belthagor wrote: Thank god for Amber Alerts. That Amber girl is always up to no good. Steer clear of her. She's trouble.
My sister was friends with her for a bit. Anytime she was around I kept my loaded paintball gun handy. Little shit actually tried getting into the bathroom on me while I was crapping.

You know what they say "The couple that craps together... stays together."

I am sorry. For this post.

BBS Signature

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 12:47:58

At 8/1/20 12:45 PM, Belthagor wrote:
At 8/1/20 12:25 PM, Teddynotes wrote:
You know what they say "The couple that craps together... stays together."

I am sorry. For this post.

I almost forgot. @GoryBlizzard.

BBS Signature

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 12:57:46

At 8/1/20 12:47 PM, Belthagor wrote: I almost forgot. @GoryBlizzard.

I kinda wanted something more explicit.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

My phone only shows the message, when various News stations show reports of missing children and shows severe deadly weather (ex: thunderstorms) from the weather channel, The Weather Network.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 13:37:01

At 8/1/20 10:29 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 8/1/20 07:55 AM, TheGhostOfSevenSeize wrote: I usually only get amber alerts when I'm in a bigger city.

all police suck

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 14:08:01

At 8/1/20 01:37 PM, StaticSkull2 wrote:
all police suck

In septic land, maybe. You know how many people the Icelandic police have ever shot dead?

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 14:16:37

all police suck

You shouldn't engage him on stuff like this, he's just lethal levels of sour.

Most everyone here is nice to him, he still calls Americans "seps" and derivatives of it.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 14:18:31

At 8/1/20 02:16 PM, billybobthwarten wrote:
all police suck

Most everyone here is nice to him, he still calls Americans "seps" and derivatives of it.

My status as a listerine is well known and not unfounded.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 14:19:04

Usually during tornado season. Once every now and then, doesn't really repeat.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 14:29:14

At 8/1/20 02:18 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 8/1/20 02:16 PM, billybobthwarten wrote:
all police suck

My status as a listerine is well known and not unfounded.

Listerine, uh huh. Urine claiming to be sterile.

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 14:31:48

At 8/1/20 02:29 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: Listerine, uh huh. Urine claiming to be sterile.

Yes, listerine. Behold the true beauty of British slang.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 14:32:19

At 8/1/20 02:08 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
all police suck
In septic land, maybe. You know how many people the Icelandic police have ever shot dead?

for every time i hear you speak against nazis, i also hear you speak like a nationalist

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 14:34:23

At 8/1/20 02:32 PM, StaticSkull2 wrote:
all police suck
for every time i hear you speak against nazis, i also hear you speak like a nationalist

How so?

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 14:36:38

At 8/1/20 02:34 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 8/1/20 02:32 PM, StaticSkull2 wrote:
all police suck
How so?

you're always shaming americans and praising european countries

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 14:43:20

At 8/1/20 02:36 PM, StaticSkull2 wrote: you're always shaming americans and praising european countries

I just praised a country (Iceland) that isn't my own. Would a nationalist do that?

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Emergency alerts and amber alerts on your phone... 2020-08-01 14:44:30

At 8/1/20 02:43 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 8/1/20 02:36 PM, StaticSkull2 wrote: you're always shaming americans and praising european countries
I just praised a country (Iceland) that isn't my own. Would a nationalist do that?

so in short, you're only ignorant towards americans