00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

2020 NGADM Round 1

4,312 Views | 146 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iu_148392_3644863.jpgGreat news! The judges have finally poured through all of the submissions you guys gave, and we've tallied up what we thought was good, and what we thought wasn't so good. What you're about to behold with your own eyes, are the usernames of creative efforts and talents making into the first round of 64. Names of those continuing are listed below Please for the love of all grandma's cookies do not reply to this post with all the of the mentions. #sparethenotifications

Here are the lucky people who made it through:

@Phonometrologist

@Syamori

@Stardew

@AlbeGian

@CloakedSoup

@EverErratic

@LD-W

@CzySzy

@Karsys

@IglicaV

@Greyvoice

@Bosa

@Ectisity

@Tomhson

@L-Mity

@Uxvellda

@zkw

@PikmanDude

@Aterr

@Kyutatsuki

@LunyAlex

@ValentNG

@LunacyEcho

@GameBoyFirewoks

@Adjeye

@LucidShadowDreamer

@Mackievellian

@WolfgangMiakoda

@Gage

@AkioDaku

@RedSoul92

@NoStereo

@Quebi

@aenter

@NahuPyrope

@PredatorMusic

@Lordant

@Shifterhead

@shadow-ghost

@Stadler

@TeslaX11

@SkyMixRMT

@trixelbit

@FateModified

@FelixZophar

@WaterLemonMusic

@Benji-G

@DanielVocals

@vidu3k333

@Semicedevine

@Bonnot

@SourJovis

@CylrielOfficial

@TheStatic

@HJfod

@swosp

@LarryNachos

@jmagnum

@St0mpy

@MIYAAH

@TaintedLogic

@frootza

@ISMCataclism

@codemonkey77

Here are the less lucky people that will not be continuing:

@BulrogtheSorcerer

@GDRyuHayabusa1988

@Anoth3rMind

@Joeyag

@Vj

@ConnorDeVaux

@JordanKyser

@DarkInRed

@Hyenaedon

@CaptainBoomcake

@FionaTheDream

@AlphaStorm73

@TenodiBoris

@AriothXerril

@Tebyricat

@DJ-DG

@RealMrSnuggles

@kaiserkothe

@DarkChinchow

@Immitis

@Csucskos

@Quarl

@juliobee

@ChordsInMotion

@Codefreq

@ColinGreeley

@Catpocalypse

@Stratusfear

@colorsCrimsonTears

@Megapron

@Troike

@Jatmoz

@SoFtBOILeD

@Drewpy

@theartinme

@NNmusic

@K-4998572

@NKUJARKS & @J-DieswYx

@Banana-head

@ti-on-suxandrox

@Yoshiii343

@Incise

@Kumanshi

@ClitBait

@MeteorSpark

@Mist

@Curruff

@jeffbeard

@JordanKinsley

@DashSlayer25

@fr34ksh0w-w1ll0w

@offi-DtrGuo-cial

@EverythingYouWish

Please for the love of all grandma's cookies do not reply to this post with all the of the mentions. #sparethenotifications

If you made it through, fantastic! You've now proven to yourself and to the rest of Newgrounds that you have what it takes to compete in this contest. To those who have not, you've got some rough edges to trim out and that's ok. You are more than welcome to DM one of us through DM's or through Discord for a review to see where we think you could use some improvement. You can DM myself or @AceMantra @Jacob @SplatterDash @Troisnyx and or @VocalOutburst

Now… what to expect

Round 1 begins with 64 contestants each grouped up into groups of 4. That's right, for this round and this round only, you will be competing with 3 other contestants to continue on to round 2. The kicker is that only one person from each group will be continuing on, so you need to be on top of your game. Good luck!

Now, here are some rules. As of the time this post is made, you have about 2 weeks to make a song from start to finish. I'll repeat this again, but the deadline is August 9* at 11:59 PM Pacific. After that deadline, the judges will have 1 week to judge all of the songs and give a score. Eligible songs that can be entered into this contest must be your original idea, and cannot have begun before this post was made. That's right, you have to make a song from scratch starting now. The following is some clarification on what is not eligible and will make you disqualified

Songs must be completed before the announced deadline.

You are not allowed to do a remix. Either from professional work, or from something you made before, so no VIPs or previously started WIPs either

No covers are allowed. All of the composition needs to be of your own inspiration

You cannot start from a project file you've had open before the time this post was made.

You cannot use MIDI or audio directly ripped from another song, or video, or medium of choosing. With regards to sample usage, you can use samples so long as:

1) The samples are either public domain or Creative Commons 0.

2) The samples are under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike license, in which case you need to credit the creator of the samples and release your song under a license identical to that sample,

3) You have a license or permission to use samples you have legally purchased,

4) You recorded the samples yourself.

Some things to keep in mind:

This contest brings out the best in everyone's creativity. If you're not putting your best foot forward even if you think your talent is more than what others are bringing to the table, their efforts may surprise you.

We recommend that your song be no shorter than 2:30, and no longer than 6-ish minutes. Too short and it will tend to feel underdeveloped and incomplete. Making a song longer means you have to be very keen and well produced for all of that time. It's easier to do quality control for your own shorter songs than longer ones, especially in a 2 week timeframe

Unless you're entering as a team, this song should be your own make from start to finish. With that being said, we will allow other non-NGADM contest peers to view your final drafts before you post. Working in a song with these environments can induce ear fatigue, and the worst feeling is missing a really obvious and simple mixing or composition mistake. That being said, the more ears you have listening to it and given critique, the less it is your song on its own, so please keep it down to a minimum.

With that said good luck, and happy producing!

Groupings will be displayed later today, but those who are able to continue should be able to start producing now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also don’t forget, we have a prize pool in the works. This is where it's at currently, but message @TomFulp if you want to join in on the fun

Currently we’re sitting at:

1st - $180

2nd - $120

3rd - $60

4th - $60

Round 1 deadline: August 9* at 11:59 PM Pacific

Judging deadline: August 16* at 11:59 PM Pacific

Round 2 will be dueling 16

Round 3 will be dueling 8

Round 4 will be dueling 4* pending on if we make this the finals or not

Round 5 will be the final unless otherwise determined.

*edited the post to the correct dates

You can now support me buy buying my music! https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/spadezer

Good luck in the NGADM

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 08:00:52

Good luck everyone! I'll be keeping an eye... ear on you!

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 08:08:14

Good luck everybody! I've been in a bit of a slump lately, so I'm not sure I'll be much competition yet, but I'm gonna give it my all, as always.

Also, isn't two weeks from today August 10th? If it's August 2nd, we've only got 5 days to compose something...

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 08:11:28

At 7/27/20 08:08 AM, Syamori wrote: Good luck everybody! I've been in a bit of a slump lately, so I'm not sure I'll be much competition yet, but I'm gonna give it my all, as always.

Also, isn't two weeks from today August 10th? If it's August 2nd, we've only got 5 days to compose something...

Fixed

You can now support me buy buying my music! https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/spadezer

Good luck in the NGADM

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 08:12:57

At 7/27/20 08:08 AM, Syamori wrote: Good luck everybody! I've been in a bit of a slump lately, so I'm not sure I'll be much competition yet, but I'm gonna give it my all, as always.

Fixed

Good luck in the NGADM

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 08:13:30

At 7/27/20 08:11 AM, Spadezer wrote:

Fixed

Awesome!

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 08:17:42

At 7/27/20 07:51 AM, Spadezer wrote:
If you made it through, fantastic! You've now proven to yourself and to the rest of Newgrounds that you have what it takes to compete in this contest. To those who have not, you've got some rough edges to trim out and that's ok.

I guess I have some rough edges to trim out.

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 08:37:00

Good luck everyone! I might not have time to be a part of the competition this year, but I'll certainly make time to be a spectator. 😁

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 08:42:47

Made it through again! Let’s see if I’ve improved enough to get a better placement than last year!

Sincerely, Wolfgang Miakoda.

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 10:04:19

Well, maybe next year than

Congratulations to everyone who made it and also to those who didn't, because I was listening to the entries playlist and it was mostly good stuff honestly

(guess I'll stick to just NGUAC again... )

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 11:17:42

Guess I didn't make it this year, next year shall be mine I swear it!

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 11:49:46 (edited 2020-07-27 11:50:50)

Good luck to all in the first round! I'm gearing up now and hoping that the ideas start flowing.

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 12:14:19

i feel like i barely managed to get through this round. nevertheless, i'd say this is an absolute win! (first time getting through the audition round, i happi)

...now what is the grouping? i haven't seen anything indicate what group i'm in yet

if you can name one (1) genuinely good thing about me you will get all of my virtual cookies.

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 12:33:11

Good luck to everyone that entered!

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 13:07:01

Are we getting stats soon?

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 13:12:37 (edited 2020-07-27 13:13:51)

i'm gonna die if I do ONE ROUND every track! THAT'S REAL BRUH MOMENT! but lemme try :DDDDDDDDD

cereal :з

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 13:53:22

lol

iu_148481_6605573.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 15:15:24

At 7/27/20 07:51 AM, Spadezer wrote: Great news! The judges have finally poured through all of the submissions you guys gave, and we've tallied up what we thought was good, and what we thought wasn't so good. What you're about to behold with your own eyes, are the usernames of creative efforts and talents making into the first round of 64. Names of those continuing are listed below Please for the love of all grandma's cookies do not reply to this post with all the of the mentions. #sparethenotifications

@Phonometrologist
@Syamori
@Stardew
@AlbeGian
@CloakedSoup
@EverErratic
@LD-W
@CzySzy
@Karsys
@IglicaV
@Greyvoice
@Bosa
@Ectisity
@Tomhson
@L-Mity
@Uxvellda
@zkw
@PikmanDude
@Aterr
@Kyutatsuki
@LunyAlex
@ValentNG
@LunacyEcho
@GameBoyFirewoks
@Adjeye
@LucidShadowDreamer
@Mackievellian
@WolfgangMiakoda
@Gage
@AkioDaku
@RedSoul92
@NoStereo
@Quebi
@aenter
@NahuPyrope
@PredatorMusic
@Lordant
@Shifterhead
@shadow-ghost
@Stadler
@TeslaX11
@SkyMixRMT
@trixelbit
@FateModified
@FelixZophar
@WaterLemonMusic
@Benji-G
@DanielVocals
@vidu3k333
@Semicedevine
@Bonnot
@SourJovis
@CylrielOfficial
@TheStatic
@HJfod
@swosp
@LarryNachos
@jmagnum
@St0mpy
@MIYAAH
@TaintedLogic
@frootza
@ISMCataclism
@codemonkey77

@BulrogtheSorcerer
@GDRyuHayabusa1988
@Anoth3rMind
@Joeyag
@Vj
@ConnorDeVaux
@JordanKyser
@DarkInRed
@Hyenaedon
@CaptainBoomcake
@FionaTheDream
@AlphaStorm73
@TenodiBoris
@AriothXerril
@Tebyricat
@DJ-DG
@RealMrSnuggles
@kaiserkothe
@DarkChinchow
@Immitis
@Csucskos
@Quarl
@juliobee
@ChordsInMotion
@Codefreq
@ColinGreeley
@Catpocalypse
@Stratusfear
@colorsCrimsonTears
@Megapron
@Troike
@Jatmoz
@SoFtBOILeD
@Drewpy
@theartinme
@NNmusic
@K-4998572
@NKUJARKS & @J-DieswYx
@Banana-head
@ti-on-suxandrox
@Yoshiii343
@Incise
@Kumanshi
@ClitBait
@MeteorSpark
@Mist
@Curruff
@jeffbeard
@JordanKinsley
@DashSlayer25
@fr34ksh0w-w1ll0w
@offi-DtrGuo-cial
@EverythingYouWish

: Please for the love of all grandma's cookies do not reply to this post with all the of the mentions. #sparethenotifications

If you made it through, fantastic! You've now proven to yourself and to the rest of Newgrounds that you have what it takes to compete in this contest. To those who have not, you've got some rough edges to trim out and that's ok. You are more than welcome to DM one of us through DM's or through Discord for a review to see where we think you could use some improvement. You can DM myself or @AceMantra @Jacob @SplatterDash @Troisnyx and or @VocalOutburst

Now… what to expect

Round 1 begins with 64 contestants each grouped up into groups of 4. That's right, for this round and this round only, you will be competing with 3 other contestants to continue on to round 2. The kicker is that only one person from each group will be continuing on, so you need to be on top of your game. Good luck!

Now, here are some rules. As of the time this post is made, you have about 2 weeks to make a song from start to finish. I'll repeat this again, but the deadline is August 9* at 11:59 PM Pacific. After that deadline, the judges will have 1 week to judge all of the songs and give a score. Eligible songs that can be entered into this contest must be your original idea, and cannot have begun before this post was made. That's right, you have to make a song from scratch starting now. The following is some clarification on what is not eligible and will make you disqualified

You are not allowed to do a remix. Either from professional work, or from something you made before, so no VIPs or previously started WIPs either

No covers are allowed. All of the composition needs to be of your own inspiration

You cannot start from a project file you've had open before the time this post was made.

You cannot use MIDI or audio directly ripped from another song, or video, or medium of choosing. With regards to sample usage, you can use samples so long as:
2) The samples are under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike license, in which case you need to credit the creator of the samples and release your song under a license identical to that sample,

This contest brings out the best in everyone's creativity. If you're not putting your best foot forward even if you think your talent is more than what others are bringing to the table, their efforts may surprise you.

We recommend that your song be no shorter than 2:30, and no longer than 6-ish minutes. Too short and it will tend to feel underdeveloped and incomplete. Making a song longer means you have to be very keen and well produced for all of that time. It's easier to do quality control for your own shorter songs than longer ones, especially in a 2 week timeframe

Unless you're entering as a team, this song should be your own make from start to finish. With that being said, we will allow other non-NGADM contest peers to view your final drafts before you post. Working in a song with these environments can induce ear fatigue, and the worst feeling is missing a really obvious and simple mixing or composition mistake. That being said, the more ears you have listening to it and given critique, the less it is your song on its own, so please keep it down to a minimum.

Groupings will be displayed later today, but those who are able to continue should be able to start producing now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also don’t forget, we have a prize pool in the works. This is where it's at currently, but message @TomFulp if you want to join in on the fun

1st - $180
2nd - $120
3rd - $60
4th - $60

this is a reply out of spite

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 17:13:09

At 7/27/20 04:17 PM, Quarl wrote: Not gonna lie, this was basically my reaction when I realized I didn't make it past the audition round.

Lol I don't know if to reply with the crying emoji or the laughing emoji

Good luck in the NGADM

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 17:27:02

At 7/27/20 03:15 PM, BulrogtheSorcerer wrote: this is a reply out of spite

I fucking hate you, just so everybody knows.

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 18:09:53

At 7/27/20 03:15 PM, BulrogtheSorcerer wrote:
At 7/27/20 07:51 AM, Spadezer wrote: Great news! The judges have finally poured through all of the submissions you guys gave, and we've tallied up what we thought was good, and what we thought wasn't so good. What you're about to behold with your own eyes, are the usernames of creative efforts and talents making into the first round of 64. Names of those continuing are listed below Please for the love of all grandma's cookies do not reply to this post with all the of the mentions. #sparethenotifications

(removed)

(removed)

Please for the love of all grandma's cookies do not reply to this post with all the of the mentions. #sparethenotifications

If you made it through, fantastic! You've now proven to yourself and to the rest of Newgrounds that you have what it takes to compete in this contest. To those who have not, you've got some rough edges to trim out and that's ok. You are more than welcome to DM one of us through DM's or through Discord for a review to see where we think you could use some improvement. You can DM myself or (Removed)

Now… what to expect

Also don’t forget, we have a prize pool in the works. This is where it's at currently, but message @ if you want to join in on the fun

1st - $180
2nd - $120
3rd - $60
4th - $60

this is a reply out of spite

you pinged everyone that was originally pinged. Was that your intention or did you not read the first part

hi

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 18:28:32

Here are the scores and brackets of those making it in!

iu_148589_3644863.png

iu_148590_3644863.png

And here's how everyone else scored

iu_148591_3644863.png

iu_148592_3644863.png

Good luck in the NGADM

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 18:36:33

'grats everyone! excited to make some wonderful music with you all : )

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 18:57:13

So do to an unfortunate event with the scoring, there was a slight mishap in the brackets

iu_148601_3644863.png

@Drewpy actually made it in, and thus kicked out @codemonkey77. Many apologies

Good luck in the NGADM

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 19:15:28

@spadezer was it b0nn0t, not bonnot? because bonnot doesn't exist. As much as I'd love to have a forfeit in my block I don't think it'd be right to let this slip by unnoticed by them. :P

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 20:52:33

At 7/27/20 07:15 PM, NoStereo wrote: @spadezer was it b0nn0t, not bonnot? because bonnot doesn't exist. As much as I'd love to have a forfeit in my block I don't think it'd be right to let this slip by unnoticed by them. :P

Thanks for pointing that out, will DM him

Good luck in the NGADM

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 21:01:05

Sorry guys about the constant updates but there was another discrepancy with the scores

iu_148650_3644863.png

@Incise is now taking part in round 1 as part of the Group 9 bracket. Unfortunately this bumps out @ISMCataclism. Many apologies.

Good luck in the NGADM

BBS Signature

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-27 21:24:38

Thats ok, I’m very happy that I came so close to being included. I’ll try even harder next year, and good luck Drewpy!

Response to 2020 NGADM Round 1 2020-07-28 00:43:21 (edited 2020-07-28 00:45:59)

As bottom scorer of my group, it is mY dESTINY tO uPSET tHE bALANCE

BBS Signature