00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron!

2,172 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I’m producing a short 2-3 minute pilot for my cartoon, Monster Squadron! A Super Sentai inspired show with the roles flipped; where the monsters are the rangers protecting their planet from evil robotic forces, using their powers to mutate into larger beasts to carry out city-wide battles!

iu_145941_4915654.jpg

Right now we’re in the process of finishing storyboards and are looking for six (6) voice actors for the short. I’ve come up with several lines not featured in the short along with direction on them to get a good measure of a VA’s skill. Below are the characters featured as well as all information related! Voice actors are encouraged to send in demo reels along with audition reels! If you charge prices for your voice acting work please include them with any replies or emails sent. I plan to pay for high quality work, but any help from volunteering will be greatly appreciated!

Red:

iu_145942_4915654.jpg

Red is firey, plucky, and keeps a strong head when commanding his friends in battle. Aged around 8-10, his voice should be that of a high pitched boy, close to how Chowder’s voice is, with the personality of a kid making plans with their best friends with excitement and determination. Everyone is encouraged to try their best, though it might be an easier role for a female voice actor playing a boy.

“The head is its weak point! Squadron! It’s time to end this once and for all!” 

(First statement is an epiphany in the heat of battle, with the following statement said in an excited and commanding tone)

“There’s no time to waste! It’s Mutation Time!” 

(Said in a determined, commanding tone, followed with a more excited exclamation)

“BLUE! He’s down, we need to save him!”

(Exclaimed with worry in the heat of battle)

“You did your best out there, you can leave the rest to us!”

(Said with the intent to console someone, while leaving off with an optimistic delivery)

Blue: 

iu_145943_4915654.jpg

Blue is hot-headed, getting himself in trouble in fights, and often getting himself outnumbered. Though he and Red are the same age, his voice would be deeper than Red’s, like that of Numbah 4. He has a scrappy, almost antagonistic demeanor as he’s quick to get fired up or angry. I can hear him having some sort of accent, so I’m open to everyone trying out being creative with their interpretations!

“I don’t care how many there are, I’ll tear 'em apart!”

(Said in defiance, angered that he’s being held back at a crucial moment of battle)

“Don’t mess with my friends, Robo-freak!”

(Exclaimed with anger and passion before a fight should break out)

“Hurry up! The arcade is gonna close in an hour!”

(Said with annoyance and slight worry)

“Pssh, that was nothin’! I didn’t even hafta use my best move!”

(Said with dismissal of praise, while adding in an extremely prideful boast)

Inferno: 

iu_145944_4915654.jpg

Inferno is Red’s mutated form, so his voice will have to carry the same personality but will have a deeper, much more demonic sounding voice. Modulation can be experimented with to get the right voice. Inferno’s form only has a few lines in the short, but being front and center of the action his role requires a lot of action-oriented grunts and noises.

“INFERNO! EMBER ROAR!”

(A signature move shouted out before use)

“Now’s our chance! It’s time to combine!”

(Said in a commanding, epiphanic tone)

“You won’t get away with this Prin-T0R!”

(Directed towards the main villain, with confidence and disdain in his voice)

Ripper:

iu_145945_4915654.jpg

Ripper is Blue’s mutated form, much like the previous, his voice should carry the same personality as Blue, but he will also have a deeper, more monstrous sounding voice. Modulation can be experimented with to get the right voice. Ripper’s form also only has a few lines, but will require a lot of action oriented grunts and noises.

“RIPPER! RAZOR SHARP TORNADO!”

(A signature move shouted before use)

“My claws can rip through a hundred layers of armor, YOU THINK YOU STAND A CHANCE!?”

(A childlike boast, said with confidence to intimidate a foe)

“Don’t try to stop me! THIS IS PERSONAL!”

(Said in defiance of orders after already being beaten once, extremely angry)

Prin-T0R and the Ro-Boys:

iu_145946_4915654.jpg

Prin-T0R is the main antagonist of the show, acting as a Rita-Repulsa type character sending minions down for the Monster Squadron to fight. The threat of this short being his Ro-Boys, an unending army of Putty Patroller type minions. Prin-T0R himself is a flashy, maniacal villain who is always shouting. Think of his voice as the robotic, male version of Rita, with all the same voice quarks. The Ro-Boys make several “ACK ACK” noises to emote, and when they grow in size their voice deepens. These sounds would be similar to Prin-T0R’s voice, so you’d be applying for 2 parts in one. Robotic sounding modulation is encouraged, but unaltered versions are also recommended.

“I’m SICK of those monsters always standing in my way!”

(Shouting to himself, annoyed scheming in process)

“This one is the crème de la crème, the coup de grâce! My best robot yet!”

(Excited shouting to one’s self)

“[Maniacal Laughter]”

(Try your best!)

“[ACK ACK!]”

(Please try several different variations of the Ro-Boy sounds)

Xero:

iu_145947_4915654.jpg

Xero is the Zordon of the Monster Squadron, a 3-eyed demonic head in a tube directing them towards threats and instilling wisdom to the team. Being a demon like Inferno, their voices may sound similar, but Xero’s would be deeper with a wiser, calmer cadence to it. Those who audition for Inferno are encouraged to try for Xero, and vice versa. If we feel your voices might work better for one character or another we may ask you to play the role even if you didn’t apply for either or.

“Squadron! My eye has caught a glimpse of the threat!”

(Spoken with reservation and concern, delivering important news to the team)

“You are the planet’s mightiest! I bestow in all of you my millennia of power!”

(Spoken with great confidence, reserved excitement, and respect)

“Hmmm, I worry that the threat has blinded my eye…”

(Delivered concern and a reserved worry in tony, delivering bad/regrettable news)

Please send all demo reels and auditions either through thread replies, PMs on Newgrounds, or can be sent to my personal email: Prof.Clockwork@gmail.com (Please include ‘Voice Acting’ and the role you're auditioning for in the subject line!). Please include any and all ways to contact you back as well!

Thank you to everyone who applies for your time, I look forward to hearing what everyone has to offer! And if you don’t make the cut, don’t worry! There will be more character in future episodes and you may be called upon for them!

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-21 04:33:05

This looks awesome! Ill send in some auditions for multiple characters!

You need a voice? I got one for ya! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-21 09:44:55

I'm 100% interested and will put in an audition!

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-21 11:46:03

Also, is there a deadline for auditions?

You need a voice? I got one for ya! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-21 16:23:26

At 7/21/20 11:46 AM, VoicesByCorey wrote: Also, is there a deadline for auditions?

I'll say August 15th should be the deadline.

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-21 17:26:29

Hi! Just to make life easier for you I have a question regarding audition fomats:

1) If we're submitting auditions for multiple roles would you like all roles in one email, or separate emails.

2) Would you like as many of the audition lines grouped into single files as possible (except where it makes sense to separate them, i.e. a different character)

Thanks, excited to try :)

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-21 17:45:17

At 7/21/20 05:26 PM, K-D-VO wrote: Hi! Just to make life easier for you I have a question regarding audition fomats:
1) If we're submitting auditions for multiple roles would you like all roles in one email, or separate emails.
2) Would you like as many of the audition lines grouped into single files as possible (except where it makes sense to separate them, i.e. a different character)

Thanks, excited to try :)

Yes! You can have all the roles in one email, and it would be best to group all the lines together for each character!

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-22 00:03:12

Ok, so, RED, HE LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE I CAN m aY BE dO

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-22 00:04:36

OR BLUE

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-23 02:09:00

I´m really interested and down for it, i´ll be sending my voice reel as well.

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-24 10:24:35

Woah this looks awesome! I'll definitely send in an audition this weekend :D

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-24 15:55:25

At 7/21/20 02:43 AM, ProfessorClockwork wrote: I’m producing a short 2-3 minute pilot for my cartoon, Monster Squadron! A Super Sentai inspired show with the roles flipped; where the monsters are the rangers protecting their planet from evil robotic forces, using their powers to mutate into larger beasts to carry out city-wide battles!

Right now we’re in the process of finishing storyboards and are looking for six (6) voice actors for the short. I’ve come up with several lines not featured in the short along with direction on them to get a good measure of a VA’s skill. Below are the characters featured as well as all information related! Voice actors are encouraged to send in demo reels along with audition reels! If you charge prices for your voice acting work please include them with any replies or emails sent. I plan to pay for high quality work, but any help from volunteering will be greatly appreciated!

Here's My Audition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4alN4NcSLTA

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-25 18:39:15

This looks pretty awesome, are auditions still open?

Need a voice actor? Give me a call! I've got 13 years of experience and great vocal range.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-25 21:42:23

At 7/25/20 06:39 PM, Shock-Dingo wrote: This looks pretty awesome, are auditions still open?

Yup!

I would love to help, when are you gonna need the voices by? I don't want to bail on your show if the timing is inconvenient.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-26 15:37:38

Which format would you like these auditions in? MP3 or WAV?

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-26 16:02:01

Just emailed you my audition! Was an extremely fun time trying my hand at these different characters :)

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-26 21:34:48

At 7/26/20 03:37 PM, PawPawGreg wrote: Which format would you like these auditions in? MP3 or WAV?

File type doesn't matter much to me, unless there is a clear quality different between them then the best sounding one!

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-27 03:40:09

Ill have a few Prin-T0R and the Ro-Boys Lines for you tomorrow evening, Ill have them both raw and slightly robotic to aid!

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-27 04:40:27

Going to send a Prin-T0R & Ro-boys audition soon. This project looks utterly amazing~!

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-27 20:10:20

At 7/26/20 09:34 PM, ProfessorClockwork wrote:
At 7/26/20 03:37 PM, PawPawGreg wrote: Which format would you like these auditions in? MP3 or WAV?
File type doesn't matter much to me, unless there is a clear quality different between them then the best sounding one!

Cool, sent in a Xero with a couple variations. Thank you for the opportunity!

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-28 18:44:49

Lines are sent! I look forward to hearing what you think of my Prin-Tor audition

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-07-31 00:31:35

This looks hip, ill defiantly give it a try!

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-08-01 01:32:50

well shoot, I think I might just give this a try.

watch out for an audio file coming from me :)

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-08-01 03:32:25

Hey are auditions still open? This looks really cool

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-08-04 08:47:49

Cant wait to see what you think of my Prin-Tor audition. The voice was super fun to do

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-08-15 11:30:46

Sorry about the late submission, just squeaked in last night. Hope to hear back!

At 7/21/20 02:43 AM, ProfessorClockwork wrote: I’m producing a short 2-3 minute pilot for my cartoon, Monster Squadron! A Super Sentai inspired show with the roles flipped; where the monsters are the rangers protecting their planet from evil robotic forces, using their powers to mutate into larger beasts to carry out city-wide battles!

Red:

Red is firey, plucky, and keeps a strong head when commanding his friends in battle. Aged around 8-10, his voice should be that of a high pitched boy, close to how Chowder’s voice is, with the personality of a kid making plans with their best friends with excitement and determination. Everyone is encouraged to try their best, though it might be an easier role for a female voice actor playing a boy.

“The head is its weak point! Squadron! It’s time to end this once and for all!” 
(First statement is an epiphany in the heat of battle, with the following statement said in an excited and commanding tone)

“There’s no time to waste! It’s Mutation Time!” 
(Said in a determined, commanding tone, followed with a more excited exclamation)

“BLUE! He’s down, we need to save him!”
(Exclaimed with worry in the heat of battle)

“You did your best out there, you can leave the rest to us!”
(Said with the intent to console someone, while leaving off with an optimistic delivery)

Blue: 

Blue is hot-headed, getting himself in trouble in fights, and often getting himself outnumbered. Though he and Red are the same age, his voice would be deeper than Red’s, like that of Numbah 4. He has a scrappy, almost antagonistic demeanor as he’s quick to get fired up or angry. I can hear him having some sort of accent, so I’m open to everyone trying out being creative with their interpretations!

“I don’t care how many there are, I’ll tear 'em apart!”
(Said in defiance, angered that he’s being held back at a crucial moment of battle)

“Don’t mess with my friends, Robo-freak!”
(Exclaimed with anger and passion before a fight should break out)

“Hurry up! The arcade is gonna close in an hour!”
(Said with annoyance and slight worry)

“Pssh, that was nothin’! I didn’t even hafta use my best move!”
(Said with dismissal of praise, while adding in an extremely prideful boast)

Inferno: 

Inferno is Red’s mutated form, so his voice will have to carry the same personality but will have a deeper, much more demonic sounding voice. Modulation can be experimented with to get the right voice. Inferno’s form only has a few lines in the short, but being front and center of the action his role requires a lot of action-oriented grunts and noises.

“INFERNO! EMBER ROAR!”
(A signature move shouted out before use)

“Now’s our chance! It’s time to combine!”
(Said in a commanding, epiphanic tone)

“You won’t get away with this Prin-T0R!”
(Directed towards the main villain, with confidence and disdain in his voice)

Ripper:

Ripper is Blue’s mutated form, much like the previous, his voice should carry the same personality as Blue, but he will also have a deeper, more monstrous sounding voice. Modulation can be experimented with to get the right voice. Ripper’s form also only has a few lines, but will require a lot of action oriented grunts and noises.

“RIPPER! RAZOR SHARP TORNADO!”
(A signature move shouted before use)

“My claws can rip through a hundred layers of armor, YOU THINK YOU STAND A CHANCE!?”
(A childlike boast, said with confidence to intimidate a foe)

“Don’t try to stop me! THIS IS PERSONAL!”
(Said in defiance of orders after already being beaten once, extremely angry)

Prin-T0R and the Ro-Boys:

Prin-T0R is the main antagonist of the show, acting as a Rita-Repulsa type character sending minions down for the Monster Squadron to fight. The threat of this short being his Ro-Boys, an unending army of Putty Patroller type minions. Prin-T0R himself is a flashy, maniacal villain who is always shouting. Think of his voice as the robotic, male version of Rita, with all the same voice quarks. The Ro-Boys make several “ACK ACK” noises to emote, and when they grow in size their voice deepens. These sounds would be similar to Prin-T0R’s voice, so you’d be applying for 2 parts in one. Robotic sounding modulation is encouraged, but unaltered versions are also recommended.

“I’m SICK of those monsters always standing in my way!”
(Shouting to himself, annoyed scheming in process)

“This one is the crème de la crème, the coup de grâce! My best robot yet!”
(Excited shouting to one’s self)

“[Maniacal Laughter]”
(Try your best!)

“[ACK ACK!]”
(Please try several different variations of the Ro-Boy sounds)

Xero:

Xero is the Zordon of the Monster Squadron, a 3-eyed demonic head in a tube directing them towards threats and instilling wisdom to the team. Being a demon like Inferno, their voices may sound similar, but Xero’s would be deeper with a wiser, calmer cadence to it. Those who audition for Inferno are encouraged to try for Xero, and vice versa. If we feel your voices might work better for one character or another we may ask you to play the role even if you didn’t apply for either or.

“Squadron! My eye has caught a glimpse of the threat!”
(Spoken with reservation and concern, delivering important news to the team)

“You are the planet’s mightiest! I bestow in all of you my millennia of power!”
(Spoken with great confidence, reserved excitement, and respect)

“Hmmm, I worry that the threat has blinded my eye…”
(Delivered concern and a reserved worry in tony, delivering bad/regrettable news)

Please send all demo reels and auditions either through thread replies, PMs on Newgrounds, or can be sent to my personal email: Prof.Clockwork@gmail.com (Please include ‘Voice Acting’ and the role you're auditioning for in the subject line!). Please include any and all ways to contact you back as well!

Thank you to everyone who applies for your time, I look forward to hearing what everyone has to offer! And if you don’t make the cut, don’t worry! There will be more character in future episodes and you may be called upon for them!

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-09-01 09:34:40

Any updates on this?

Sig by ToastedToastyToast

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Actors Needed for Monster Squadron! 2020-09-01 12:55:50

At 9/1/20 09:34 AM, DeadEndWorldStudios wrote: Any updates on this?

I hope so. I auditioned when it first went up and I've seen or heard no updates.