00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

We are screwed

927 Views | 73 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 09:27:45


Looks like a distraction is needed to clear away the bad vibes.


*starts clapping for carers*


BBS Signature

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 09:31:01


At 7/14/20 09:27 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Looks like a distraction is needed to clear away the bad vibes.

*starts clapping for carers*

I'm not going to name any names, but very radical and very powerful members of the elite are trying to spark a race war in america to implement martial law and widespread gun control.

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 09:32:12


At 7/14/20 09:31 AM, tehdroopy wrote:
At 7/14/20 09:27 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Looks like a distraction is needed to clear away the bad vibes.

*starts clapping for carers*
I'm not going to name any names, but very radical and very powerful members of the elite are trying to spark a race war in america to implement martial law and widespread gun control.

*claps for carers harder*


BBS Signature

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 09:34:02


At 7/14/20 09:22 AM, Fro wrote:
At 7/14/20 04:37 AM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/13/20 10:44 PM, Fro wrote:
At 7/13/20 07:13 PM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/13/20 07:08 PM, Th-e wrote:
At 7/13/20 06:44 PM, Viewbob wrote:
At 7/13/20 04:55 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: This virus may never end
Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but I have faith in my fellow man. We humans are strong, we're good at adapting! And who knows, maybe we'll look back in a year and say "wow, we really thought this would last forever, huh?"
Every problem seems more severe when you're living it, and everything is calmer through the lens of history. We've survived worse, and we're gonna get thru this!
Americans aren't good at adapting
Uh, what?

Look at where we are now.
More ppe than we need, more respirators, medicine being tested and developed, etc etc etc.

We're in a pretty good spot.
Tell that to the numerous people who are dying outside hospitals for really treatable things because hospitals are at capacity and there's a 12 day wait to get in.
A lot of people are dying outside(at home) of hospitals because they're simply not going, for fear of catching covid.
That statement only further proves what you said was idiotic.


If you look up wait times, they're not that bad for most things. There have been SOME people who have died waiting, but most that have died simply did not seek medical treatment for their noncovid illness.


Nothing I've said was idiotic, you just have a rabid fervor towards those you disagree with politicaly.


"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 09:52:26


At 7/14/20 09:34 AM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/14/20 09:22 AM, Fro wrote:
At 7/14/20 04:37 AM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/13/20 10:44 PM, Fro wrote:
At 7/13/20 07:13 PM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/13/20 07:08 PM, Th-e wrote:
At 7/13/20 06:44 PM, Viewbob wrote:
At 7/13/20 04:55 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: This virus may never end
Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but I have faith in my fellow man. We humans are strong, we're good at adapting! And who knows, maybe we'll look back in a year and say "wow, we really thought this would last forever, huh?"
Every problem seems more severe when you're living it, and everything is calmer through the lens of history. We've survived worse, and we're gonna get thru this!
Americans aren't good at adapting
Uh, what?

Look at where we are now.
More ppe than we need, more respirators, medicine being tested and developed, etc etc etc.

We're in a pretty good spot.
Tell that to the numerous people who are dying outside hospitals for really treatable things because hospitals are at capacity and there's a 12 day wait to get in.
A lot of people are dying outside(at home) of hospitals because they're simply not going, for fear of catching covid.
That statement only further proves what you said was idiotic.
If you look up wait times, they're not that bad for most things. There have been SOME people who have died waiting, but most that have died simply did not seek medical treatment for their noncovid illness.


In your mind some people dying because of hospital capacity isn't a bad thing. That's really all I need to know. The reason for their death is used in your argument that things are great. Death of people equals us in a pretty good spot? I guess you can't argue with that.


Nothing I've said was idiotic, you just have a rabid fervor towards those you disagree with politicaly.


We aren't even talking about politics. What does this have to do with anything? Almost everything you say is so completely false and idiotic. I'm actually surprised you've made it this far.

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 10:15:24


At 7/13/20 07:26 PM, Sobolev wrote: The so-called precautionary principle has caused the entire world population to be hysterical.

Even if the little flu gets eliminated, other trivial issues will induce mass hysteria.


Usque adeone mori miserum est?


You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 10:31:16


At 7/14/20 09:52 AM, Fro wrote:
At 7/14/20 09:34 AM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/14/20 09:22 AM, Fro wrote:
At 7/14/20 04:37 AM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/13/20 10:44 PM, Fro wrote:
At 7/13/20 07:13 PM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/13/20 07:08 PM, Th-e wrote:
At 7/13/20 06:44 PM, Viewbob wrote:
At 7/13/20 04:55 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: This virus may never end
Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but I have faith in my fellow man. We humans are strong, we're good at adapting! And who knows, maybe we'll look back in a year and say "wow, we really thought this would last forever, huh?"
Every problem seems more severe when you're living it, and everything is calmer through the lens of history. We've survived worse, and we're gonna get thru this!
Americans aren't good at adapting
Uh, what?

Look at where we are now.
More ppe than we need, more respirators, medicine being tested and developed, etc etc etc.

We're in a pretty good spot.
Tell that to the numerous people who are dying outside hospitals for really treatable things because hospitals are at capacity and there's a 12 day wait to get in.
A lot of people are dying outside(at home) of hospitals because they're simply not going, for fear of catching covid.
That statement only further proves what you said was idiotic.
If you look up wait times, they're not that bad for most things. There have been SOME people who have died waiting, but most that have died simply did not seek medical treatment for their noncovid illness.
In your mind some people dying because of hospital capacity isn't a bad thing. That's really all I need to know. The reason for their death is used in your argument that things are great. Death of people equals us in a pretty good spot? I guess you can't argue with that.


There aren't that many deaths happening because of capacity, many are because of an incorrect fear of infection.


Some countries have people dying directly outside the hospital from covid or other illnesses. That's bad, we aren't there.


If your state is in such a bad spot, sounds like they should ask Trump to send the medical ships, or for help in other ways.


Nothing I've said was idiotic, you just have a rabid fervor towards those you disagree with politicaly.
We aren't even talking about politics. What does this have to do with anything? Almost everything you say is so completely false and idiotic. I'm actually surprised you've made it this far.


Point made for me, I understand that you can't help yourself.


"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 10:44:35


At 7/14/20 10:31 AM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/14/20 09:52 AM, Fro wrote:
At 7/14/20 09:34 AM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/14/20 09:22 AM, Fro wrote:
At 7/14/20 04:37 AM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/13/20 10:44 PM, Fro wrote:
At 7/13/20 07:13 PM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/13/20 07:08 PM, Th-e wrote:
At 7/13/20 06:44 PM, Viewbob wrote:
At 7/13/20 04:55 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: This virus may never end
Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but I have faith in my fellow man. We humans are strong, we're good at adapting! And who knows, maybe we'll look back in a year and say "wow, we really thought this would last forever, huh?"
Every problem seems more severe when you're living it, and everything is calmer through the lens of history. We've survived worse, and we're gonna get thru this!
Americans aren't good at adapting
Uh, what?

Look at where we are now.
More ppe than we need, more respirators, medicine being tested and developed, etc etc etc.

We're in a pretty good spot.
Tell that to the numerous people who are dying outside hospitals for really treatable things because hospitals are at capacity and there's a 12 day wait to get in.
A lot of people are dying outside(at home) of hospitals because they're simply not going, for fear of catching covid.
That statement only further proves what you said was idiotic.
If you look up wait times, they're not that bad for most things. There have been SOME people who have died waiting, but most that have died simply did not seek medical treatment for their noncovid illness.
In your mind some people dying because of hospital capacity isn't a bad thing. That's really all I need to know. The reason for their death is used in your argument that things are great. Death of people equals us in a pretty good spot? I guess you can't argue with that.
There aren't that many deaths happening because of capacity, many are because of an incorrect fear of infection.


That's just as bad and still counts. The death is death no matter the reason.



Some countries have people dying directly outside the hospital from covid or other illnesses. That's bad, we aren't there.


Wrong, it's happening here. Houston is a prime example. They reached hospital capacity and people were dying from common things because they couldn't get into the hospital. Imagine bleeding out from a stab wound or not being able to give birth in a hospital because the hospitals were at capacity. I'm happy I don't have to experience that, but do feel bad for all of those being effected by the such right here in our own country.


If your state is in such a bad spot, sounds like they should ask Trump to send the medical ships, or for help in other ways.


My state has the highest population and a much lower rate of infection per person/deathrate per person than a lot of other states. I was actually talking about states like Texas, Florida, and even the one that Seven has mentioned.


Nothing I've said was idiotic, you just have a rabid fervor towards those you disagree with politicaly.
We aren't even talking about politics. What does this have to do with anything? Almost everything you say is so completely false and idiotic. I'm actually surprised you've made it this far.
Point made for me, I understand that you can't help yourself.


There's no points or politics spoken here. Until you somehow managed to make this about politics?

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 10:46:54


At 7/13/20 07:08 PM, Th-e wrote:
At 7/13/20 06:44 PM, Viewbob wrote:
At 7/13/20 04:55 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: This virus may never end
Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but I have faith in my fellow man. We humans are strong, we're good at adapting! And who knows, maybe we'll look back in a year and say "wow, we really thought this would last forever, huh?"
Every problem seems more severe when you're living it, and everything is calmer through the lens of history. We've survived worse, and we're gonna get thru this!
Americans aren't good at adapting. Look at where we are now.

And maybe COVID is forever. Post infection immunity may only last a few months, and then you can get reinfected. Add in that a quarter of Americans won't take a vaccine, and that COVID is a year round infection, maybe we should have Freddy Krueger draw up the COVID maps.


a few less karens is a good thing.


Good? bad? im the guy with the gun! I'd say im sorry, but you'd know it wouidnt be sincere, so have a nice day!


caleb reads ep1!

BBS Signature

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 10:51:35


At 7/13/20 05:08 PM, Seth wrote:
At 7/13/20 04:56 PM, Mist wrote: it's just the flu bro
Albeit a strain of the flu to which some people's bodies overreact. Mine didn't flinch.


Don't buy into that ignorance, you're lucky it didn't fuck up your lungs for good like it did for my friend


BBS Signature

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 11:17:23


At 7/14/20 10:51 AM, sonic354 wrote:
At 7/13/20 05:08 PM, Seth wrote:
At 7/13/20 04:56 PM, Mist wrote: it's just the flu bro
Albeit a strain of the flu to which some people's bodies overreact. Mine didn't flinch.
Don't buy into that ignorance, you're lucky it didn't fuck up your lungs for good like it did for my friend

It really is a strain of the flu though. It just happens to be more dangerous than most

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 13:04:38


At 7/14/20 09:16 AM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/14/20 09:09 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/13/20 07:13 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: We're in a pretty good spot.
Not really. Infection rates are still going up every day, because shitheads are too stupid to follow some simple guidelines.
That, and testing is pretty common. Death rate .26 of infected.


Ah, the good old "if we slowed down testing, we would have less cases" fallacy?

Also, the deaths aren't the only problem, the problem is the long term effects like heart diseases, lung problems and much more.

iu_143233_252797.jpg


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 15:19:02


At 7/14/20 01:04 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/14/20 09:16 AM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/14/20 09:09 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/13/20 07:13 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: We're in a pretty good spot.
Not really. Infection rates are still going up every day, because shitheads are too stupid to follow some simple guidelines.
That, and testing is pretty common. Death rate .26 of infected.
Ah, the good old "if we slowed down testing, we would have less cases" fallacy?
Also, the deaths aren't the only problem, the problem is the long term effects like heart diseases, lung problems and much more.


If you don't search for something, you won't find it.


I say it's good to test, really helps drop that death rate and expose how it's really not remotely as serious for most of the public as it was made out to be.


"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 15:26:37 (edited 2020-07-14 15:26:59)


At 7/14/20 03:19 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: If you don't search for something, you won't find it.

I say it's good to test, really helps drop that death rate and expose how it's really not remotely as serious for most of the public as it was made out to be.


You know, I am really done arguing with idiots about this topic. Read the text on the pic I posted and shut up. Or don't read it and shut up, I don't care either way


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 15:30:20


At 7/14/20 03:26 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/14/20 03:19 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: If you don't search for something, you won't find it.

I say it's good to test, really helps drop that death rate and expose how it's really not remotely as serious for most of the public as it was made out to be.
You know, I am really done arguing with idiots about this topic. Read the text on the pic I posted and shut up. Or don't read it and shut up, I don't care either way


Nope, you shut up.


"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 15:31:26


The USA is getting purged. Nothing wrong with that.

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 15:41:19


@Haggard


Current death rate is 1/4 what you picture quoted. Testing is driving that number down, as inflated as it is.


"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 16:02:00


At 7/14/20 03:41 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: @Haggard

Current death rate is 1/4 what you picture quoted. Testing is driving that number down, as inflated as it is.


You are still missing the point. It is NOT only about deaths. How hard is that to understand?


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 17:09:22


At 7/14/20 04:02 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/14/20 03:41 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: @Haggard

Current death rate is 1/4 what you picture quoted. Testing is driving that number down, as inflated as it is.
You are still missing the point. It is NOT only about deaths. How hard is that to understand?


The only reason it's not about the deaths is because the actual numbers are vastly lower than what was predicted at the start of this, making it not something many want to discuss.


"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 17:20:39


At 7/13/20 10:35 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote:
At 7/13/20 05:14 PM, Oracle-Sphinx wrote: Nah, it's okay. They'll find a vaccine and a cure for it, and we'll all be fine
Not in America. We don't have universal healthcare and a lot of people here are anti-vaccine idiots.

sadly true


Why do you keep on trying,

mindlessly REPLYING?

You've been trolled! You've been trolled! Have a nice daaaAAAY!

BBS Signature

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 19:49:30


At 7/14/20 10:46 AM, Warpathalpha wrote: a few less karens is a good thing.


Hey man, of the four Karens I've known in my life, they've all been lovely people


Whole day I'm fucking busy, only get a few money.

BBS Signature

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 19:52:42


At 7/14/20 07:49 PM, Viewbob wrote:
At 7/14/20 10:46 AM, Warpathalpha wrote: a few less karens is a good thing.
Hey man, of the four Karens I've known in my life, they've all been lovely people

all the karens ive met are bad


Good? bad? im the guy with the gun! I'd say im sorry, but you'd know it wouidnt be sincere, so have a nice day!


caleb reads ep1!

BBS Signature

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 19:53:35


At 7/14/20 07:49 PM, Viewbob wrote:
At 7/14/20 10:46 AM, Warpathalpha wrote: a few less karens is a good thing.
Hey man, of the four Karens I've known in my life, they've all been lovely people

Anyone named karen is a whore.

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 19:56:29


At 7/14/20 07:53 PM, tehdroopy wrote:
At 7/14/20 07:49 PM, Viewbob wrote:
At 7/14/20 10:46 AM, Warpathalpha wrote: a few less karens is a good thing.
Hey man, of the four Karens I've known in my life, they've all been lovely people
Anyone named karen is a whore.


yes


Good? bad? im the guy with the gun! I'd say im sorry, but you'd know it wouidnt be sincere, so have a nice day!


caleb reads ep1!

BBS Signature

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 23:54:09


At 7/14/20 07:49 PM, Viewbob wrote:
At 7/14/20 10:46 AM, Warpathalpha wrote: a few less karens is a good thing.
Hey man, of the four Karens I've known in my life, they've all been lovely people


Hey, my Ex's name is karen lol


Belive That.

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-14 23:55:07


At 7/14/20 11:54 PM, FastbootsZA wrote:
At 7/14/20 07:49 PM, Viewbob wrote:
At 7/14/20 10:46 AM, Warpathalpha wrote: a few less karens is a good thing.
Hey man, of the four Karens I've known in my life, they've all been lovely people
Hey, my Ex's name is karen lol


haw


Good? bad? im the guy with the gun! I'd say im sorry, but you'd know it wouidnt be sincere, so have a nice day!


caleb reads ep1!

BBS Signature

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-15 03:02:15


At 7/14/20 05:09 PM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/14/20 04:02 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/14/20 03:41 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: @Haggard

Current death rate is 1/4 what you picture quoted. Testing is driving that number down, as inflated as it is.
You are still missing the point. It is NOT only about deaths. How hard is that to understand?
The only reason it's not about the deaths is because the actual numbers are vastly lower than what was predicted at the start of this, making it not something many want to discuss.


As I've said, I'm done arguing about this with idiots. Either you really are as stupid as you appear to be or you don't want to understand what this is about (which would be worse than the first option). If you still haven't understood it, read the pic again. And again. And again. Until you understand that this isn't about deaths but about long term effects on the health of people who went through a corona infection.


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-15 04:57:17


At 7/15/20 03:02 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/14/20 05:09 PM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 7/14/20 04:02 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/14/20 03:41 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: @Haggard

Current death rate is 1/4 what you picture quoted. Testing is driving that number down, as inflated as it is.
You are still missing the point. It is NOT only about deaths. How hard is that to understand?
The only reason it's not about the deaths is because the actual numbers are vastly lower than what was predicted at the start of this, making it not something many want to discuss.
As I've said, I'm done arguing about this with idiots.


Then be done, quit throwing tantrums and announcing it.


read the pic again. And again. And again. Until you understand that this isn't about deaths but about long term effects on the health of people who went through a corona infection.


A good portion of those who have complications are not healthy people. Like how many are obese, who are prone to these sorts of "complications" anyway.


Do I fully trust the pic and it's assertions? Nah. A lot of what's going on in hospitals is related to bumps in funding the get for corona, and really some is politics. Either way, people can heal and that information seems very premature.


As I said, the standard arguing point has moved from deaths to anything else because death numbers didn't pan out the way some seemed to hope.


"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-15 05:22:38


At 7/15/20 04:57 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: As I said, the standard arguing point has moved from deaths to anything else because death numbers didn't pan out the way some seemed to hope.


No, the standard arguing point always was "keep your distance because currently we don't know much about this virus". It's just that people like you are either unable or unwilling to understand such a simple concept.


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to We are screwed 2020-07-15 05:39:43


At 7/15/20 05:22 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/15/20 04:57 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: As I said, the standard arguing point has moved from deaths to anything else because death numbers didn't pan out the way some seemed to hope.
No, the standard arguing point always was "keep your distance because currently we don't know much about this virus".


That's really not how the timeline of knowledge went.


I can agree with that now though, since it's abundantly clear health experts don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Airborne, surfaces, etc.


Eat right, wash hands, keep distance, don't visit sick or old. Do what you can.


"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"