00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Explain your username

1,176 Views | 132 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-27 20:02:58

I plan to be a game-changer one day so I named my account that. Years later I still have that goal, I just think it's best I work ominously and silently in the shadows before I do any big moves.

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-27 20:16:11 (edited 2020-06-27 20:19:05)

It's Viewbob still because I haven't gotten my first paycheck, and thus can't become a supporter and change it to something more personal.

Viewbob is my name basically everywhere else. Originally, my YouTube name was just my name, but one night in I'd-like-to-say 2014, I was watching a Vinesauce stream. Back then, Vinny had this running gag where if like, there was some funny sounding word or phrase in whatever he was playing, he'd be like "If anyone in the chat needs a username, there you go".

Well on this night, he clicked a settings menu, and one of the options was "Viewbob". He set it to true, and it said "Viewbob: True" or "Viewbob-True" or something like that. He made the "if anyone in the chat..." joke again, and me being 13 took it seriously. HOWEVER... someone fucking stole the original phrase from me before I could make an account, so I went with "Viewbob_True". No one laughed, but Viewbob_True stuck. It became my kinda brand on YouTube, and at this point I was starting to become a person of interest in the fandom for this musician Ariel Pink (my name is even in the liner notes of his recent remasters, cool!). I picked up traction, and named myself Viewbob_True everywhere else for convenience.

A few years later, probably 2015 or 2016, I dropped the _true, because only a few people ever got the vinesauce reference, and everyone else (usually including myself) just called me Viewbob.

Jump forward to late 2018, and I was becoming really disillusioned with most of the internet and was like "Oh yeah! Newgrounds!", and decided to see how this place was going nearly a decade since I'd last been. I quickly fell in love, and tried to recover my old account until finally resolving to make a new one. I named myself Viewbob on here because I at some point wanted to connect it to my YouTube channel, but fuck that.

Whole day I'm fucking busy, only get a few money.

BBS Signature

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-27 23:17:20

literally just misspelled coffee and duck

BBS Signature

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-28 05:59:14

My name is Moe and i live in Spain. but the S is silent.

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-28 06:01:25

Apparently, I am one of your fans.

Latest updates on tropical cyclones

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-28 06:20:10

It's a secret codephrase for a secret club that has secret club meeting on Mondays at a secret location.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-28 06:31:02

It's my real name nickname.

A family friend gave me the name "Gags" when idk I choked on something I guess (not his penis - I never choke on those) as a kid and it stuck.

To this day a whole branch of family friends still call me Gags/Gagsy.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-28 06:39:36

It's actually quite cringe, I had my own Sonic fan character named Zero The Hedgehog when I was 8-9 years old which was a red Sonic with Blue shoes. Fast forward to 2007, I want to join Habbo Hotel but my real name was taken as username already, so I used the name "Zerodecoole" which literally translates to "Zero the cool guy" in Dutch in the most childish way possible.

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-28 08:36:34

I like pigeons and I thought the name "Havrylo" was cool.

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-28 08:36:39

It was suggested by the guy who later had the RightTime account, to whose various account deletions I've lost several thousand poasts and who shall fuck himself and burn in hell forever.

It is notably not a New Years Day reference, predating the song that it would be referencing, although that one is awesome.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-28 14:59:45 (edited 2020-06-28 15:02:16)

My name + comics but K's instead of C's

BBS Signature

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-28 15:00:58

i once wanted to join a forum and it asked me to fill in the username field. i had no ideas how to sound any original or intresting and i thought to myself "damn that field is just POINTLESS"...and then it hit me

i never joined that forum at the end but i just stuck to the username ever since

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-28 15:08:36

I was parodying some logo that look like roman numerals and started with "XXXVIII CAUTION".

Then I look up XXXVIII, noticed it "38" in roman numerals so therefore, I shorted it to 38Caution.

The "AKA" part was from studio known as "AKA Cartoon".

It complex to explain the meaning of my username basically.

38CAUTION ZONE WEBSITE

I "cum" to NG Forum at nighttime, to talk about some cocks or whatnot

BBS Signature

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-29 07:59:09

I dunno, I really needed something cool and snappy I guess... 1992 meanwhile is when I was born. Neat, eh?

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-29 08:17:30

iu_137420_3393244.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-29 08:41:40

Well, my name's Billy, that part's pretty self-explanitory.

As for where I got RedSnake from, it's the name of a Charles Manson song (yes that Charles Manson).

I picked it up in the comment section of an old video of it that's now been deleted, someone called Manson a psycho and (my name at the time being Psycho Shears) I jokingly replied saying "Did somebody say my name?" and the dude replied back saying "Are you Mr. Red Snake?" and in that moment I decided that would be a way cooler name than Psycho Shears.

I don't know why I didn't just use the name MrRedSnake when I first changed it on Newgrounds, maybe because that's my Fanfiction username and I didn't want anyone to find out about my account on there... The irony in that statement is not lost on me.

I am the writer of the second greatest South Park fanfiction on this entire planet AND THEREFORE THE UNIVERSE!!!

Also I make cartoons, they're pretty cool too.

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-29 09:50:08

They're too slimy and make weird noises ALSO JUST LOOK AT THEM

Frogs are ugly, disgusting, filthy and ugly. If you see a frog, eat it, s l o w l y.

BBS Signature

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-29 14:12:32

Say, I wonder how @TomFulp came up with his username.

I bet there's a real wacky story behind that one!

I am the writer of the second greatest South Park fanfiction on this entire planet AND THEREFORE THE UNIVERSE!!!

Also I make cartoons, they're pretty cool too.

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-29 14:49:42 (edited 2020-06-29 14:51:03)

Droopy I got from a random username generator and I just added teh at the beginning. It's a unique username, so I'm satisfied with that.

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-29 14:51:09

I don't know

BBS Signature

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-29 14:52:12

At 6/29/20 02:12 PM, BillyRedSnake wrote: Say, I wonder how @TomFulp came up with his username.
I bet there's a real wacky story behind that one!

All I know is FULP FULP FULP MAKE NEWGROUNDS GREAT AGAIN

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-29 21:14:12

Mine was a combination of my last name and may or may not include me just slamming the keybord until something cool comes up.

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-29 22:57:00

At 6/27/20 05:03 PM, Seth wrote: Is there a special meaning behind your username? Or is it just you slamming your face against your keyboard? Poast about it here!

OR its OURIÇO, ouriço are hedhog and Anm = animation

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-29 23:59:35

Many moons ago it was a doodle that i would put down on paper instead of taking notes during class. It's not creative but I've been BlueHippo for 17 years so might as well keep it going :P

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - : : fart : : bikes: : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BBS Signature

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-30 00:45:45

Part of the name was taken from a artist that inspired me to start drawing

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-30 05:35:57

Something that sounded cool in high school pretty much.

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-30 12:06:06

At 6/29/20 02:51 PM, Gremlin wrote: I don't know

Vodka is one hell of a drug. Especially for mogwais.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-30 12:22:53

Since I'm uncreative with names in general, i decided a name that sounded cool but doesn't make any sense.

Response to Explain your username 2020-06-30 16:12:47

It's just Adrean. But edgier.