00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

AS2 Key press question

791 Views | 9 Replies

AS2 Key press question 2020-06-24 15:55:22

Is there a way to register only one key press?

Currently i have a variable being added when you click the right key or being subtracted when you click the left key, and whilst it does work. Depending on how long you hold the key it will register add much more than the desired number.

I can try and tap the key it still sometimes doesn’t work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Response to AS2 Key press question 2020-07-06 16:47:03

Try on release, instead of press

Response to AS2 Key press question 2020-07-06 19:05:13

At 7/6/20 04:47 PM, Aprime wrote: Try on release, instead of press

Thanks I got it to work 🙌🙌

Response to AS2 Key press question 2020-07-09 04:07:12

At 6/24/20 03:55 PM, Mabelma wrote: Is there a way to register only one key press?

Currently i have a variable being added when you click the right key or being subtracted when you click the left key, and whilst it does work. Depending on how long you hold the key it will register add much more than the desired number.

I can try and tap the key it still sometimes doesn’t work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Best help I can give you is to stop using Flash. Why in the world are you developing with flash? It's all but deprecated.

= + ^ e * i pi 1 0

Response to AS2 Key press question 2020-07-09 08:05:03

yeah that’s no help at all. I know it’s old school by now. I’m also not just developing in flash, but this one specific project is in flash and that’s that. You’re not the first person to say this and you won’t be the last, but I’d rather finish this project in flash than start all over. And newgrounds still runs flash soooooooooooooo yeah, no help at all. Anyways I fixed this problem.

At 7/9/20 04:07 AM, sharpnova wrote:
At 6/24/20 03:55 PM, Mabelma wrote: Is there a way to register only one key press?

Best help I can give you is to stop using Flash. Why in the world are you developing with flash? It's all but deprecated.

Response to AS2 Key press question 2020-07-10 02:09:31

At 7/9/20 08:05 AM, Mabelma wrote: yeah that’s no help at all. I know it’s old school by now. I’m also not just developing in flash, but this one specific project is in flash and that’s that. You’re not the first person to say this and you won’t be the last, but I’d rather finish this project in flash than start all over. And newgrounds still runs flash soooooooooooooo yeah, no help at all. Anyways I fixed this problem.

Yes I was helpful. I contributed to a cumulative effect caused by multiple sources discouraging you from using Flash.

= + ^ e * i pi 1 0

Response to AS2 Key press question 2020-07-10 04:58:57

At 7/10/20 02:09 AM, sharpnova wrote:
At 7/9/20 08:05 AM, Mabelma wrote: yeah that’s no help at all. I know it’s old school by now. I’m also not just developing in flash, but this one specific project is in flash and that’s that. You’re not the first person to say this and you won’t be the last, but I’d rather finish this project in flash than start all over. And newgrounds still runs flash soooooooooooooo yeah, no help at all. Anyways I fixed this problem.
Yes I was helpful. I contributed to a cumulative effect caused by multiple sources discouraging you from using Flash.

Hahahaha you crazy, hahahahaha you’re not discouraging me at all. If a mod wants to close this thread go for it, I already have the information I need thanks to some helpful people, and I will be releasing my fully made AS2 project soon, so we good ✌️✌️

Response to AS2 Key press question 2020-07-13 08:50:55

At 7/10/20 04:58 AM, Mabelma wrote:
At 7/10/20 02:09 AM, sharpnova wrote: Yes I was helpful. I contributed to a cumulative effect caused by multiple sources discouraging you from using Flash.
Hahahaha you crazy, hahahahaha you’re not discouraging me at all. If a mod wants to close this thread go for it, I already have the information I need thanks to some helpful people, and I will be releasing my fully made AS2 project soon, so we good ✌️✌️

No. I was helpful because I helped you better realize that using Flash was a mistake. There are better tools. I assume you're still responding to me because you want me to clarify and give more information. Happy to!

Nowadays, generally, using html5 or Unity is a better method.

= + ^ e * i pi 1 0

Response to AS2 Key press question 2020-07-13 10:57:59

At 7/13/20 08:50 AM, sharpnova wrote:
At 7/10/20 04:58 AM, Mabelma wrote:
At 7/10/20 02:09 AM, sharpnova wrote: Yes I was helpful. I contributed to a cumulative effect caused by multiple sources discouraging you from using Flash.
No. I was helpful because I helped you better realize that using Flash was a mistake. There are better tools. I assume you're still responding to me because you want me to clarify and give more information. Happy to!

Nowadays, generally, using html5 or Unity is a better method.

Can a mod just close this thread? Please and thank you. I have no interest in continuing this conversation and I already have the information I needed.

Using Flash has never been a mistake and will not be a mistake, if any newbie is reading this, use it if you like it. Don’t let anyone tell you what tools you have to use to express yourself. Do your thing, worry about other people later. If Flash is the only thing you have, for whatever reason then go ahead and use it. Newgrounds will continue to support it and I’m pretty sure that will not change, regardless of how outdated it may be. Do learn other programming languages and UI’s but do not be discouraged by people who’s only source of joy is telling other’s what to do, when they themselves have never made anything.

Response to AS2 Key press question 2020-07-13 11:14:35

Be careful with your delusions of grandeur, they make you a highly unlikable person.