00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

I challenged Tom Fulp

615 Views | 49 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-25 15:01:18

At 6/25/20 02:57 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote:
At 6/23/20 04:33 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 6/23/20 04:28 PM, Fro wrote: I challenged Tom Fulp to a push up competition on twitter for ownership of the website. So far he's trying to get out of it. Perhaps the risk of losing the site is a bit too much.

How should we lower the stakes?

Help me peer pressure him into a push up competition. I mean, look how muscular his user icon is. He should be the strongest of all the admin/mods.

I also challenge any of the other mods/admins to this. The userbase should know who's the strongest one of all.
If we're using golf rules, I could probably take you.
If Fro is challenging Tom, I'll challenge you PG. We're both chump noodle armed programmers.

I must break you.

iu_135949_81981.jpg

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-25 15:23:49

At 6/25/20 03:01 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 6/25/20 02:57 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote:
At 6/23/20 04:33 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 6/23/20 04:28 PM, Fro wrote: I challenged Tom Fulp to a push up competition on twitter for ownership of the website. So far he's trying to get out of it. Perhaps the risk of losing the site is a bit too much.

How should we lower the stakes?

Help me peer pressure him into a push up competition. I mean, look how muscular his user icon is. He should be the strongest of all the admin/mods.

I also challenge any of the other mods/admins to this. The userbase should know who's the strongest one of all.
If we're using golf rules, I could probably take you.
If Fro is challenging Tom, I'll challenge you PG. We're both chump noodle armed programmers.
I must break you.

I havent done pushups in a long time but i could probably at least do 10. Try to keep up

RIP NINJAMUFFIN COLLAB NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-25 16:09:37

At 6/25/20 02:51 PM, TomFulp wrote:
I'm wondering what the best way to do this is... I'm not super into live streaming stuff... Does Twitch have an easy way for a group of us to do this? Or would we record a Zoom call? Another option could be that we reach record a video and submit out best push-up video by the deadline. This solves the real-time mess but also works well for me because on some days my right arm has tendon / nerve flair ups but other days it works pretty well and I could work around that.

I like us just submitting it by the deadline. I probably don't have the equipment to handle a proper live stream type situation anyway.

Also, don't do this if you have an arm injury haha. I don't want to be the reason you've hurt yourself more.

Using @Psychogoldfish's suggestion for doing push-ups in front of an NG cartoon, the goal could be to produce a full-body video (so you can't have your knees on the ground off-camera) with an NG cartoon playing in the background.

Yeah, I like that idea.

We could have a bunch of participants and users could choose who they want to sponsor or bet on or whatever works to raise money... And then money could go towards a specific jam prize pool or something else. Could go towards the NG Audio Deathmatch prizes maybe?

Definitely it could go towards the Audio Deathmatch or whatever Jam you choose. I'll try to come up with some details on how it will all work and give you an update in about a week or so? Unless you want to try and figure it out.

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-25 16:36:07

At 6/25/20 04:09 PM, Fro wrote: I like us just submitting it by the deadline. I probably don't have the equipment to handle a proper live stream type situation anyway.

Cool, this should be most doable for anyone who might get involved!

Also, don't do this if you have an arm injury haha. I don't want to be the reason you've hurt yourself more.

It's fine, I still do push-ups but I have some sort of repetitive strain thing going on with my arm and some days it's extra fussy if I've been clicking around too much on the mouse.

Definitely it could go towards the Audio Deathmatch or whatever Jam you choose. I'll try to come up with some details on how it will all work and give you an update in about a week or so? Unless you want to try and figure it out.

You can come up with stuff and we can spitball it in this thread. Maybe people can pick someone to sponsor and pay $1 per push-up (with a cap if they have a budget limit) then maybe the people who sponsor whoever does the most push-ups could be celebrated as the winning team.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-25 16:40:46

Also been talking to @IvanAlmighty about doing another Power of Three game jam - artist / programmer / musician teams. Maybe the push-up challenge could seed the initial prize pool for that?

BBS Signature

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-25 17:12:25

At 6/25/20 04:40 PM, TomFulp wrote: Also been talking to @IvanAlmighty about doing another Power of Three game jam - artist / programmer / musician teams. Maybe the push-up challenge could seed the initial prize pool for that?

This is great too! I love anything with a prize pool that gets folks creating. We had some great stuff come from Musk jam.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-25 17:56:43

Tom Fulp doesn't just push himself up, he pushes your shit in.

iu_135995_2152891.jpg

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo spreads my cheeks on the nightly. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-25 21:39:46

At 6/25/20 02:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: We could have a bunch of participants and users could choose who they want to sponsor or bet on or whatever works to raise money... And then money could go towards a specific jam prize pool or something else. Could go towards the NG Audio Deathmatch prizes maybe?

You're gonna need a bookie. Someone good with numbers to sort this out.

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-25 21:47:09

At 6/25/20 04:40 PM, TomFulp wrote: Also been talking to @IvanAlmighty about doing another Power of Three game jam - artist / programmer / musician teams. Maybe the push-up challenge could seed the initial prize pool for that?

game jam pls

RIP NINJAMUFFIN COLLAB NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-25 22:53:44

At 6/25/20 09:47 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote:
game jam pls

can't wait to form teams that look like this

BBS Signature

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-30 11:33:59

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-use-squad-stream

Thought I saw something called multistream.twitch.tv, might be a plugin ya gotta install, but 4 slots should be enough?

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-30 12:50:32

@Fro and @TomFulp

Excuse me gentlemen but, am I envisioning the beginning of a possible Saitama Challenge?

100 push-ups

100 squats

100 sit-ups

10 km running

Sleep without heater or air conditioner

in a 100-day period?

iu_137765_4583536.jpg

* Don't forget to eat banana for breakfast.

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-30 13:01:55

At 6/30/20 12:50 PM, Jeguereto wrote: @Fro and @TomFulp

Excuse me gentlemen but, am I envisioning the beginning of a possible Saitama Challenge?

100 push-ups
100 squats
100 sit-ups
10 km running

Sleep without heater or air conditioner

in a 100-day period?

* Don't forget to eat banana for breakfast.

Which is kind of funny because I already run 5-10 km every day, wayyyy more than 100 sit-ups, wayyyy more than 100 squats, but only about half of the push ups. I'm basically already doing that. And I'm bald!

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-30 16:41:25

At 6/25/20 04:36 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/25/20 04:09 PM, Fro wrote: I like us just submitting it by the deadline. I probably don't have the equipment to handle a proper live stream type situation anyway.
Cool, this should be most doable for anyone who might get involved!

It's fine, I still do push-ups but I have some sort of repetitive strain thing going on with my arm and some days it's extra fussy if I've been clicking around too much on the mouse.

You can come up with stuff and we can spitball it in this thread. Maybe people can pick someone to sponsor and pay $1 per push-up (with a cap if they have a budget limit) then maybe the people who sponsor whoever does the most push-ups could be celebrated as the winning team.

This is a little bit different than what we've thought of before, but what do you think of a system like this?

Push Up Challenge

• Anyone can compete.

• Push-ups must be proper form pushups.

• The chest must touch the floor, with no bounce, and the arms must fully extend at the top of the push up.

•  At no times can the, elbows, forearms, calves, shins, knees, or other parts of the leg touch the ground. Only feet, chest, and hands.

• There is to be no pause greater than 2-3 seconds at the top of the rep. Fully extend, come to a stop, then complete another rep.

• Once you can no longer complete a push up under these conditions your entry is complete.

Getting sponsors:

Ask users to sponsor you, ask your neighbors to sponsor you, family and friends, sponsor yourself, as long as it’s money and it’s donated to newgrounds then it counts as a sponsor! Sponsors can donate to anyone they want. Once your totals add up to the following amounts your pushups count as more! The more money that you get sponsored for, the better your chances of winning!

$1 to $49 – Add 5% to your push up total

$50 to $99 – Add 10% to your push up total

$100 to $149 – Add 15% to your push up total

$150 to $199 – Add 20% to your push up total

$200 to $249 – Add 25%

$250 to $300 – Add 30%

$300 to $349 – Add 35%

$350 to $399 – Add 40%

Etc.. Etc… (Continues unlimited)

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-30 21:17:56

At 6/25/20 02:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: Another option could be that we reach record a video and submit out best push-up video by the deadline. This solves the real-time mess but also works well for me because on some days my right arm has tendon / nerve flair ups but other days it works pretty well and I could work around that.

Here's my submission, hope I'm not too late.

Whole day I'm fucking busy, only get a few money.

BBS Signature

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-30 21:25:35

At 6/30/20 09:17 PM, Viewbob wrote:
At 6/25/20 02:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: Another option could be that we reach record a video and submit out best push-up video by the deadline. This solves the real-time mess but also works well for me because on some days my right arm has tendon / nerve flair ups but other days it works pretty well and I could work around that.

I admitting laughed pretty hard.

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-30 21:28:56

At 6/30/20 09:17 PM, Viewbob wrote: Here's my submission, hope I'm not too late.

I also lol’ed

BBS Signature

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-06-30 21:35:11

I might just get in on this action. I can do way more than any of you.

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-07-01 00:06:36

At 6/30/20 09:35 PM, Seth wrote: I might just get in on this action. I can do way more than any of you.

Pff I could easily do 100. Like, I wouldn't even break a sweat, just did 120 this morning in fact.

I'm not going to, though because I wouldn't want to intimidate you.

Whole day I'm fucking busy, only get a few money.

BBS Signature

Response to I challenged Tom Fulp 2020-07-02 13:32:51

At 6/30/20 09:17 PM, Viewbob wrote:

My internet got fucked yesterday, but I'll just award this retroactively:

iu_138407_2278460.jpg

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature