At 6/25/20 04:36 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/25/20 04:09 PM, Fro wrote:
I like us just submitting it by the deadline. I probably don't have the equipment to handle a proper live stream type situation anyway.Cool, this should be most doable for anyone who might get involved!
Also, don't do this if you have an arm injury haha. I don't want to be the reason you've hurt yourself more.It's fine, I still do push-ups but I have some sort of repetitive strain thing going on with my arm and some days it's extra fussy if I've been clicking around too much on the mouse.
Definitely it could go towards the Audio Deathmatch or whatever Jam you choose. I'll try to come up with some details on how it will all work and give you an update in about a week or so? Unless you want to try and figure it out.You can come up with stuff and we can spitball it in this thread. Maybe people can pick someone to sponsor and pay $1 per push-up (with a cap if they have a budget limit) then maybe the people who sponsor whoever does the most push-ups could be celebrated as the winning team.
This is a little bit different than what we've thought of before, but what do you think of a system like this?
Push Up Challenge
- Push-ups must be proper form pushups.
- The chest must touch the floor, with no bounce, and the arms must fully extend at the top of the push up.
- At no times can the, elbows, forearms, calves, shins, knees, or other parts of the leg touch the ground. Only feet, chest, and hands.
- There is to be no pause greater than 2-3 seconds at the top of the rep. Fully extend, come to a stop, then complete another rep.
- Once you can no longer complete a push up under these conditions your entry is complete.
Ask users to sponsor you, ask your neighbors to sponsor you, family and friends, sponsor yourself, as long as it’s money and it’s donated to newgrounds then it counts as a sponsor! Sponsors can donate to anyone they want. Once your totals add up to the following amounts your pushups count as more! The more money that you get sponsored for, the better your chances of winning!
$1 to $49 – Add 5% to your push up total
$50 to $99 – Add 10% to your push up total
$100 to $149 – Add 15% to your push up total
$150 to $199 – Add 20% to your push up total
$200 to $249 – Add 25%
$250 to $300 – Add 30%
$300 to $349 – Add 35%
$350 to $399 – Add 40%
Etc.. Etc… (Continues unlimited)