00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch

5,513 Views | 31 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Musk Jam

Entries are in for the Musk Jam! Please take some time this week to watch and vote on as many as you can; your input helps with the judging process.

To encourage more voting, we’re offering Double XP for the remainder of June; this means you can vote on at least ten items per day and log 20 XP.

Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch

The NGADM is starting up this week, with an audition round that will run until July 13th. After the auditions, 64 musicians will battle it out in a four stage tournament to determine the champion.

We’d like to have some nice cash prizes for the winner and finalists this year so we’re asking for donations from anyone who wants to contribute! So far @Jacob has pitched in $100, @Spadezer gave $50 and @Wegra, $10. I tossed in another $100 bringing us to $260 currently.

To contribute to the prize pool, make a donation and PM me with a heads up that you’ve donated towards the NGADM. Your name will be included in a list of sponsors wherever the prize totals are mentioned.

Other Cool Stuff

I had to bump a lot of stuff off the front page to make room for Musk Jam entries. There is a lot of great animation you simply can’t miss! First off, @ChutneyGlaze released The Finale this week:

The Chutney Glaze series is tons of fun and I highly recommend doing a deep dive if you haven’t already.

@JamesLee dropped a wild piece last night that is waiting to be featured at the moment:

Other recently featured animation includes:

I highlighted more goodies in my recent Artists to Follow post. Three more favorites from June:

For an added bonus, here’s a cool song by @Mackievellian:

It was made for the Art Inspired Music Contest, inspired by this FF7 art by @Moonshen:

I’ve seen some great game concept art by Moonshen; if you’re a serious game developer who can follow through on projects, you may want to reach out to explore the possibilities!

Persona 4 Fan Art Contest

We’re currently hosting a Persona 4 Fan Art Contest and you have until June 28th the enter!

Hope everyone is staying safe and having a good week. I wonder if Elon will be watching any of the Musk Jam entries…...?

iu_135229_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

We've had a real banging month with some terrific animation, I'm so proud of everyone!

also first

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-23 12:55:03

There‘s also the „Two lungs breathe as one“ art contest, if anybody is looking for more challenges and activities:

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1452926

BBS Signature

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-23 13:24:39

Congrats to all participants! These animation jams are really fun, it would be nice to have more in the near future.

BBS Signature

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-23 16:10:59

Aaaah thank you Tom. Yeah I have Moonshen art as my wallpaper and everything. That earthbound comic, it's just really stunning stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/user-588926426

https://connor-sukine.wixsite.com/mackievellian

MUSIC.

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-23 16:47:42

Oooh, double EXP! Right up till vacation starts too, such perfect timing...

So much great stuff going on/getting submitted as always. The Chutney Finale feels like the end of an era... but hopefully the start of a new one too. It can't really end like this can it.

Check out the NRC / Hexa #61 (Jun)

BBS Signature

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-23 17:14:43

Might I suggest people looking to vote on Musk Jam entries go to the muskjam tag sorted by views and scroll to the bottom. A lot of these guys have barely more than 100 views.

BBS Signature

At 6/23/20 12:25 PM, Saminat wrote: We've had a real banging month with some terrific animation, I'm so proud of everyone!

also first

I second this, except the 'first' part.

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-23 19:52:09

wow these entries knocked it out of the park. im pretty blown away by how funny they are.

happy to see some new lifeblood here, the jam was already a success!

Check out the game i'm working on

BBS Signature

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-23 20:13:57

The https://mackievellian.newgrounds.com/ song reminded me a bit of Spelunky's soundtrack in style. Pretty cool!

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-23 21:52:18

Double XP makes everything better. Everything.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-23 22:07:40

Shit. I'm judging one contest while participating in another. Shit shit shit shit shit FUCK

Although I am also a musician, I will not participate in NGADM, because I don't have time to do a song for 30 hours straight.

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-24 10:49:11

Nice! Lots of great content to watch.

Must. Resist. ADD. at work.

(I fail to resist as I write this).

Monthly animations, sketchbook tours, and weekly art streams.

BBS Signature

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-24 10:56:21

I've enjoyed Musk Jam way more than I thought I would. We've had some hilarious entries.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-24 11:29:21

Where can i know more about this audio deathmatch? I'm really interested. I just had a failed project for Musk Jam which left me with a few minutes of epic score thrown in the trash and a broken heart. Maybe i could recycle them.

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-24 12:38:21

At 6/24/20 11:29 AM, Joeyag wrote: Where can i know more about this audio deathmatch? I'm really interested. I just had a failed project for Musk Jam which left me with a few minutes of epic score thrown in the trash and a broken heart. Maybe i could recycle them.

Oh, nevermind. Just found the post in the Audio Forum.

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-25 00:47:00

Congrats to all the Musk Jam winners a NGADM future contests.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-25 07:38:19

Musk Jam has been a great idea with many hilarious (and many weird) entries.

I almost feel like whoever wins isn't going to be fair because there are so many that are good. And it seems to be raising the average animated submission quality.

It helps that Elon Musk himself is a very strange man and married a very strange woman. So there was a lot of material to go on. I'm sure it would not have been as entertaining if a more boring or "normal" figure was selected.

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-25 13:04:08

This month has been so full of great stuff that I totally missed Lion King the Remakeboot until now:

BBS Signature

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-25 14:24:05

iu_135940_7715646.jpg

Remember?

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-25 17:18:47

Ok soyboy

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-25 18:57:57

Y'all need to watch my Musk Jam entry, it's the best, hands down! I already won.

Play Sick Games: [1] [2] [3]

BBS Signature

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-26 16:54:23

Hilarious jam, what a character Elon is. I'm pulling for @BoyPorcelain 's video. Maybe the real deal will see it and send him some billionaire money.

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-27 09:35:57

yo tom i just noticed that your teletubby game still exsists

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-27 09:50:14

At 6/27/20 09:35 AM, teletubbyfunland wrote: yo tom i just noticed that your teletubby game still exsists

Yup - we need to get that running with Ruffle still. This part is using it.

BBS Signature

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-27 09:51:20

At 6/27/20 09:50 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/27/20 09:35 AM, teletubbyfunland wrote: yo tom i just noticed that your teletubby game still exsists
Yup - we need to get that running with Ruffle still. This part is using it.

yup dipsy getting drunk as fuck!

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-27 18:50:32

The best part of this is seeing all these new animators coming in and I love seeing that a lot of these are collaborations with NG musicians and voice actors ! When do we start funding the next one?

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-28 10:23:34

At 6/27/20 06:50 PM, ZStriefel wrote: The best part of this is seeing all these new animators coming in and I love seeing that a lot of these are collaborations with NG musicians and voice actors ! When do we start funding the next one?

Soon! Want to get these winners announced first.

BBS Signature

Response to Musk Jam Voting & Audio Deathmatch 2020-06-29 04:45:34

i was gonna do an entry for the jam but i lost all motivation to do it out of nowhere

im sorry tom fulp, i failed you.