00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

America this Week

15,503 Views | 187 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to America this Week 2020-06-05 15:23:10 (edited 2020-06-05 15:23:18)

At 6/5/20 01:31 PM, Monkryking11 wrote: Let me start by say this

I feel a bit scared to say this but, I disagree with the "Black Lives Matter" Movement. To me it seems like both the premise that "USA is Institutionally Racist" is factually wrong (I see no law that enforces racist action). And the actions by "Black Lives Matter" I have seen violate the rights (namely the Destruction of Property, Battery, & Murder). I think you should watch this.

Neither was the constitution, but that didn't stop people in this country from treating other groups as slaves or 2nd class citizens. And while a lot has changed over the last 200 years, with a new interpretation over the constitution, leading to an appreciation for individual rights, regardless of race, religion, or gender, that doesn't change the fact that you still have racism in the country that does affect outcomes in cases and situations, especially in our judicial system. It's can be statistically seen.

It's nearly impossible to root out those in power with negative stereotypes, biases, and racist views, from the justice system, but getting rid of certain policies, or instituting new ones, to reduce those things than can lead to the abuse of power, which seems to affect certain groups more than others, would benefit all.

Response to America this Week 2020-06-05 18:21:47

really good read. you're a good dude, and i will always look up to you.

BBS Signature

Response to America this Week 2020-06-05 18:23:48

At 6/5/20 03:23 PM, EdyKel wrote:

I feel a bit scared to say this but, I disagree with the "Black Lives Matter" Movement. To me it seems like both the premise that "USA is Institutionally Racist" is factually wrong (I see no law that enforces racist action). And the actions by "Black Lives Matter" I have seen violate the rights (namely the Destruction of Property, Battery, & Murder). I think you should watch this.
Neither was the constitution, but that didn't stop people in this country from treating other groups as slaves or 2nd class citizens. And while a lot has changed over the last 200 years, with a new interpretation over the constitution, leading to an appreciation for individual rights, regardless of race, religion, or gender, that doesn't change the fact that you still have racism in the country that does affect outcomes in cases and situations, especially in our judicial system. It's can be statistically seen.

It's nearly impossible to root out those in power with negative stereotypes, biases, and racist views, from the justice system, but getting rid of certain policies, or instituting new ones, to reduce those things than can lead to the abuse of power, which seems to affect certain groups more than others, would benefit all.

I have two things.

1. Does Racism exist? Yes. Does the USA have rules in it's government today to affect black people? No. (I will grant USA has a history of Racist Policies [Example:Jim Crow] but the USA has passed things like, Brown v. Board of Education, 24th Amendment, Browder v. Gayle, Loving v. Virginia, all of these and more giving black people rights)
  2. "It's can be statistically seen." Would you kindly link the statistics you vaguely mentioned.

Response to America this Week 2020-06-05 18:54:40

At 6/5/20 02:32 PM, Fro wrote: Did you really just ask why a teenage girl didn't act out and try to physically stop 4 armed men while they murdered someone? So like, if you were in that situation you would have used force to stop this? What would you have done?

Anything other than stand there going "what the fuck bro". Police acting outside their oath, you're well within your rights to take action. If people are afraid of their governments then tyranny like this is allowed to thrive. That mentality is the main problem, in my eyes. Government should be on our side, not on our backs.

Response to America this Week 2020-06-05 18:59:32

At 6/5/20 06:54 PM, AcidX wrote:
At 6/5/20 02:32 PM, Fro wrote: Did you really just ask why a teenage girl didn't act out and try to physically stop 4 armed men while they murdered someone? So like, if you were in that situation you would have used force to stop this? What would you have done?
Anything other than stand there going "what the fuck bro". Police acting outside their oath, you're well within your rights to take action. If people are afraid of their governments then tyranny like this is allowed to thrive. That mentality is the main problem, in my eyes. Government should be on our side, not on our backs.

No, specefically what would you have done, as a child, in this situation? They begged them to stop and made sure it was recorded so it could go public. What specefically would you have done differently? Don't take the easy way out. Backup your claim.

Response to America this Week 2020-06-05 19:20:50

At 6/5/20 03:58 AM, Soupcat wrote: Edit: I just googled a Heterogeneous society. Are you implying we should have segregated countries?

If one could go back and decide to stay homogeneous, then yes. America has a special history, but nations more blessed with none or few ethnic fault lines should have never introduced those variables. Nation states with an absolute majority culture naturally have less social friction and can be far less strictly policed because the social norms of that society are often enough. With good policy things can probably get better compared to now, but fundamentally it's time, energy and resources spent damage controlling a situation that many countries never had to have, that could have gone to more inspiring things.

Response to America this Week 2020-06-05 19:24:51

Wow.... just wow! I don't even think this issue is funny Anymore? If these Losers want to follow the Prez, Why not Drink Bleach? Didn't he said something like that, on Twitter? Thanks to that 1 Tweet.. Companies like Clorox's stock has skyrocketed like nuts! I just really lost hope ya know that...? If you think everything should be white, then why not remove all your current Red Blood and Inject nothing but White Blood Cells? Because I Guarantee you that you will be most likely die than for this to be possible! I just don't know right now, If people keep focusing one rioting and Protesting. Then why do we have an Injustice system amongst everyone else in the US Court room? Things have went backwards for 4 years, I gave this Faulty leader the Chance. He's never gonna get my vote ever again. I just feel like the world's Minority really need to stop hurting others. Let's face the issues we have now, Worry about stuff later! Humanity can't be messed up like this anymore, If Trump somehow gets a heart attack or something that he can't control people will still Riot. It's just that we lost a sense of Humanity and Civilization. I think We have a horrible Leader, That is all! We live the same, we come from a home or a place and we will pass away the same, That's all I can say for my Two Cents!

Response to America this Week 2020-06-05 19:52:02

At 6/5/20 06:23 PM, Monkryking11 wrote:
At 6/5/20 03:23 PM, EdyKel wrote:

I have two things.

Does Racism exist? Yes. Does the USA have rules in it's government today to affect black people? No. (I will grant USA has a history of Racist Policies [Example:Jim Crow] but the USA has passed things like, Brown v. Board of Education, 24th Amendment, Browder v. Gayle, Loving v. Virginia, all of these and more giving black people rights)

"Giving black people rights"? They already had them, they were just denied them through various schemes and creative arguments that were used for centuries against them. Our Constitution is pretty blind when it comes to race, and yet, certain rights guaranteed to people were denied based on race, and gender, by those in power. The recent rulings of the last century have only overturned those laws that denied what was rightfully theirs under our Constitution

But, it doesn't change the fact that there are those in power, charged with authority, and given the power to make judgments, who can be biased, and racist, deciding the fates of people, based on the color of their skin. That can determine life or death for a person, or if they go to jail or for how long...

"It's can be statistically seen." Would you kindly link the statistics you vaguely mentioned.

I already mentioned them earlier in this topic... Blacks make up 13% of the population, compared to 60% of whites. Yet, 25% of the black population has been incarcerated at some point or other, compared to 10% for whites. Blacks are more likely to get shot, up to 5x, compared to whites. Twice as likely to get arrested for similar crimes compared to whites. Twice as likely to be sentenced to jail, over the same crime than white. Granted, it's gotten slightly better in recent times, but it's still a huge fucking problem. And having a criminal record hurts your job prospects, and how far you go up the social and economic ladder.

Response to America this Week 2020-06-05 20:10:49

At 6/5/20 06:59 PM, Fro wrote: No, specefically what would you have done, as a child, in this situation? They begged them to stop and made sure it was recorded so it could go public. What specefically would you have done differently? Don't take the easy way out. Backup your claim.

I would have intervened - and recorded. I could not just stand there and watch them kill a man! No way. The approach I would have took is to try manouvering George, even only a little bit.

I am not detracting from the situation here, I still think this is very bad but this problem is far bigger than racism in my eyes.

Don't accuse me of taking the easy way out, if you won't address the brutality in Yellow Vests either.

Response to America this Week 2020-06-05 20:26:14

Naturally I would have flexed my amazing abs and scared the police off with my mountain-sized dragon, you peasant.

BBS Signature

Response to America this Week 2020-06-05 20:29:16

At 6/5/20 01:31 PM, Monkryking11 wrote: I feel a bit scared to say this but, I disagree with the "Black Lives Matter" Movement.

Well you seem to be speaking in good faith, so no shame, I find vulnerability and honesty is the best way to genuinely move forward with such issues.

To me it seems like both the premise that "USA is Institutionally Racist" is factually wrong (I see no law that enforces racist action).

From wikipedia: Institutional racism (also known as systemic racism) is a form of racism expressed in the practice of social and political institutions. It is reflected in disparities regarding wealth, income, criminal justice, employment, housing, health care, political power and education, among other factors.

So the law doesn't inherently have implications on instutional racism. It's often unconscious and can be hard to strictly police. I could own a private apartment complex, and choose to only accept tenets that are green people. This is institutional racism and nothing to do with the law. I could run a college fund for underprivileged youth, where secretly I only accept pink people. This is another example of institutional racism. I could be a judge, and consistently give harsher sentences to turquoise people compared to cerulean people, for equal crimes. I could be a cop and seek out to stop and search people with darker colored skin.

And the actions by "Black Lives Matter" I have seen violate the rights (namely the Destruction of Property, Battery, & Murder). I think you should watch this.

Is it fair for one's stance towards a movement be entirely founded around the actions of hijacking anarchist guerilla opportunists? Many of them do it in the name of BLM. Maybe the 'real' BLM needs to syphon off, choose a different name, but the at the end of the day the message will still stay the same. And as I said earlier, leaders in these communities need to do a better job at denouncing those that resort to criminal actions often against innocent people.

BBS Signature

Response to America this Week 2020-06-05 20:36:31

At 6/5/20 02:34 PM, cyangorilla wrote: I'll add this as my window to edit closed:

It's been a bit frustrating from my POV, as I live in a place that can hardly be called privileged by any American standard. This is a country riddled with corruption and abuse of power. Riots are not a rare thing here and injustices are just normal. It's been specially frustrating because, once again, the US takes the spotlight, even in local media, as if we didn't have problems of our own and as if problems there have priority over the absolute poverty of the Argentinian north (not poverty as in a poor neighborhood, poverty as in entire sections of the country living in shanty towns or worse), the crushing economic situation of the country (1USD = 120ARS and counting), the thin edge on top of which our democracy balances or the authoritarian nature our politicians are displaying. I cannot leave my house to go for a walk or the police will take me away, I cannot see any loved ones in person, I cannot go to the park. I'm effectively a prisoner in my own place and this will go on for at least another month (we have the longest lockdown so far).

We have our own George Floyd, a guy by the name of Luis Espinoza. Killed by the police and thrown at the border of the neighboring province to shift blame. We can't go out and protest for him, lest we get shot. Bullets fly fast in the third world.

It's been hurtful to see people retweet shit from the Venezuelan government, just because they are bashing Trump. Don't you know anything that happens outside the US? Have you not seen how Venezuelans flee their country because they are being horribly oppressed there? Shame on anyone who amplifies the voices of oppression and fascism.

I think the US can deal with this. If you can't, then welcome to the rest of the Americas, where stability is a foreign concept and democracy and constitutions are always up to interpretation.

Having seen so much hate and violence in the news and in the world, iam just shocked and appalled at what people have being doing, shifting blame, say do this do that while they arent doing anything themselves and not just that, but not even realising that this is something that's been going on for such a long time these last few years, and the ability to not have a voice to speak up is horrfying, i pray for the day these these wars, this corruption and death stops, and we finally can be together in peace, but until then we have to fight, i am sorry to hear about the stuff thats been going with you my friend, i hope you are safe and things are ok, much love to you, your family and all your friends and loved ones. Stay strong!

Response to America this Week 2020-06-05 21:53:10 (edited 2020-06-05 22:12:51)

At 6/5/20 08:10 PM, AcidX wrote:
At 6/5/20 06:59 PM, Fro wrote: No, specefically what would you have done, as a child, in this situation? They begged them to stop and made sure it was recorded so it could go public. What specefically would you have done differently? Don't take the easy way out. Backup your claim.
I would have intervened - and recorded. I could not just stand there and watch them kill a man! No way. The approach I would have took is to try manouvering George, even only a little bit.

I am not detracting from the situation here, I still think this is very bad but this problem is far bigger than racism in my eyes.
Don't accuse me of taking the easy way out, if you won't address the brutality in Yellow Vests either.

Congrats. You either died or have been tasered/maced. They took your phone and you were arrested for assaulting an officer. Georges death was now a cover up with no video.

People really have no clue do they?

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 01:47:02 (edited 2020-06-06 01:49:22)

summary of this discussion: BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

(black people are based though - WU TANG WU TANG, MC REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN)

you are all a fart (especially Tom Fulp, he's the fartest of them all), all of your opinions are fart, and police have guns, so don't fuck with them

Go on, vent your pussyass frustrations, it's not like you're going to do anything. You are not only hilarious, you are ultra cringe. None of it will go anywhere.

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 06:15:47

These statements being broadcast globally annoys me. Here's where i'm at, looking in from Australia. It's baffling to me. You Americans are a bunch of idiots killing each other and destroying your country while achieving nothing.

More people have died in these retarded riots than the 11 or so unarmed black people killed by police since the beginning of last year leading up to these pointless riots.

The anarchist and civil war rhetoric, the killing, looting, burning of the country and other senseless violence has become a much bigger problem to me.

You've all become scared to denounce violence.

It's all a joke, I struggle to care anymore and at this point seeing these same empty "black lives matter" statements from every company and service I have to use just pisses me off.

I have a strong aversion to invasive propaganda especially from America. I don't want this shit in my country.

I don't believe you think black lives matter... or any lives matter. These statements always ignore the mass destruction and the people killed by rioters.

You'll pet yourselves on the back while your country burns, telling yourselves excusing such a violent and idiotic approach was worth it. It wasn't.

The only thing I want from Americans; just please be aware that contributing to spreading this type of propaganda globally influences idiots to commit violence in other countries where these US issues don't even exist. People are simple creatures who follow any trends in the media.

Have your PEACEFUL protests, Support your causes but keep these insane anarchist Ideas the fuck away from my peaceful country.

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 07:03:24

Not 'Murrican so take it from the place it comes.

Racism sucks, no way around it.

Racially motivated deaths should have no tolerance anywhere.

But tribalism (they VS us mentality) makes things no better.

Stay away form racism ; Stay away from tribalism. Find common ground mates. Feed no divisions.

Best wishes for all of you USA citizens.

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 09:41:09

At 6/6/20 08:57 AM, LeChapeau wrote: I am not American, sorry!!! Please make another thread for Europeans!!!

Ok Gloomer.

supposed to feel miserable, but real men don't go around trying to promote that exclusively. how many characters remain?

BBS Signature

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 11:14:44

At 6/6/20 06:15 AM, JamalMason wrote: These statements being broadcast globally annoys me. Here's where i'm at, looking in from Australia. It's baffling to me. You Americans are a bunch of idiots killing each other and destroying your country while achieving nothing.
More people have died in these retarded riots than the 11 or so unarmed black people killed by police since the beginning of last year leading up to these pointless riots.
The anarchist and civil war rhetoric, the killing, looting, burning of the country and other senseless violence has become a much bigger problem to me.
You've all become scared to denounce violence.

It's all a joke, I struggle to care anymore and at this point seeing these same empty "black lives matter" statements from every company and service I have to use just pisses me off.
I have a strong aversion to invasive propaganda especially from America. I don't want this shit in my country.
I don't believe you think black lives matter... or any lives matter. These statements always ignore the mass destruction and the people killed by rioters.
You'll pet yourselves on the back while your country burns, telling yourselves excusing such a violent and idiotic approach was worth it. It wasn't.

The only thing I want from Americans; just please be aware that contributing to spreading this type of propaganda globally influences idiots to commit violence in other countries where these US issues don't even exist. People are simple creatures who follow any trends in the media.
Have your PEACEFUL protests, Support your causes but keep these insane anarchist Ideas the fuck away from my peaceful country.

Very accurate. Is your country in danger though? How many people will be willing to riot?

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 12:18:11

Kirby is pink. We can all agree that is adorable.

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 13:35:58 (edited 2020-06-06 13:39:09)

"I'm not the one to bring up politics....". Tom,that's where you fucked up. lol. Just ribbing ya but I notice when I or anyone I know uses that phrase it ALWAYS becomes highly politicized! My only problem with it is you are the overmind of the site so your opinions will be "cheered on" by those who agree but those who may "disagree" risk getting vilified and further alienated from "the tom-base". (AKA,what you post carries far more weight than the typical lurker or poster.) I know it's not your intention to create a hive mentality but humans suck! I've seen toxic cults gather around nice individuals in the same way certain beloved games or beloved cartoons have the worst fans! Newgrounds is still top notch where anyone can post their point of view (Even if an OP may risk the occasional dog-pile or troll session but "the wild-west" of the internet has always been like that!) but I'd simply remind "everyone" even those who argue with you and disagree with you have valid reasons for their stances. There's rarely that romanticized old skool J-RPG scenario where one group are 100% good,pure,and justified in their actions whereas the opposing group is "pure evil". There are usually variables and several shades of grey between point A and point B.

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 14:27:08

At 6/6/20 12:18 PM, Waterfalls wrote: Kirby is pink. We can all agree that is adorable.

BBS Signature

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 14:56:22

At 6/6/20 01:17 PM, Zachary wrote: Great message Tom, expected nothing less.

Also, I feel like this pink is too light and fucks with my eyes!

Thanks! The pink is giving enough people vision problems that I'll probably switch back to yellow in the near future... Been enjoying it while it lasts though.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 15:05:09

At 6/3/20 02:47 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 6/3/20 02:13 PM, Tyler wrote:
Do you have any articles from this week that you’d like to share here? Curious to see what the rest of you have been reading.
Yeah here's a bunch:

Doesn’t it seem strange that Floyd and the officer that kneeled on his neck worked security together on the same shift at the El Nuevo Rodeo Club for 17 years?
Not really. It may add just an extra layer of motive.

How come BLM is funded by foreign investors?
Let's not get into the whole George Sores conspiracy, here, with a site known for promoting them.

Why was a CNN News Crew not only detained but also Arrested? How comes they were not permitted to watch what happened?
A lot of reporters are being attacked, or harassed, with the police leading much of it.

Why can't experts agree on the cause of death?
They all agree that the actions of the officers involved led to his death.

Why is it not odd that both Officers Tou Thao and Derek Chauvin have both previously been investigated for excessive use of force and not charged by State AG Amy Klobuchar? (Additionally, Officer Derek Chauvin is married to his partner's sister Kelli)
The Good ol' boy system, and a policy of not giving a shit.

Why has the same attorney been hired as with all the other big supposed police killings of blacks? Attorney Benjamin Crump. The same attorney that worked on previous cases that resulted in busses bringing in rioters from outside the city?
He wins cases over such things.

And really? Bussing in rioters? You need to lay off those far right sites.

This whole thing is fishy
You are making this way too complicated, with too many unfounded accusations.

Thank you. Reading his original post made me cringe beyond belief. All conspiracy bull shit and all of those links lead to extremely unreliable sources. People will go to such great lengths to justify their racism. It's very obvious when someone's overcompensating.

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 15:13:06

At 6/6/20 03:05 PM, metabunni wrote:
At 6/3/20 02:47 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 6/3/20 02:13 PM, Tyler wrote:
Do you have any articles from this week that you’d like to share here? Curious to see what the rest of you have been reading.
Yeah here's a bunch:

Doesn’t it seem strange that Floyd and the officer that kneeled on his neck worked security together on the same shift at the El Nuevo Rodeo Club for 17 years?
Not really. It may add just an extra layer of motive.

How come BLM is funded by foreign investors?
Let's not get into the whole George Sores conspiracy, here, with a site known for promoting them.

Why was a CNN News Crew not only detained but also Arrested? How comes they were not permitted to watch what happened?
A lot of reporters are being attacked, or harassed, with the police leading much of it.

Why can't experts agree on the cause of death?
They all agree that the actions of the officers involved led to his death.

Why is it not odd that both Officers Tou Thao and Derek Chauvin have both previously been investigated for excessive use of force and not charged by State AG Amy Klobuchar? (Additionally, Officer Derek Chauvin is married to his partner's sister Kelli)
The Good ol' boy system, and a policy of not giving a shit.

Why has the same attorney been hired as with all the other big supposed police killings of blacks? Attorney Benjamin Crump. The same attorney that worked on previous cases that resulted in busses bringing in rioters from outside the city?
He wins cases over such things.

And really? Bussing in rioters? You need to lay off those far right sites.

This whole thing is fishy
You are making this way too complicated, with too many unfounded accusations.
Thank you. Reading his original post made me cringe beyond belief. All conspiracy bull shit and all of those links lead to extremely unreliable sources. People will go to such great lengths to justify their racism. It's very obvious when someone's overcompensating.

I don't consider "disagreement" racism in all cases. That and I find depending on your politics you'll tend to favor certain "sources" over others regardless of facts or the lack thereof. I mean don't feel terrible about it! We're all biased to certain degrees but it is something to reflect on before going WOKE Yugi-Oh and setting up the "ist" deck.

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 16:42:32

At 6/6/20 07:03 AM, LexRodent wrote: Not 'Murrican so take it from the place it comes.

Racism sucks, no way around it.
Racially motivated deaths should have no tolerance anywhere.
But tribalism (they VS us mentality) makes things no better.

Stay away form racism ; Stay away from tribalism. Find common ground mates. Feed no divisions.
Best wishes for all of you USA citizens.

Let's fucking destroy USA. That way every thing will end. Kill usa - reach hapiness

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 16:42:46

At 6/6/20 03:38 PM, Tyler wrote:

Thank you. Reading his original post made me cringe beyond belief. All conspiracy bull shit and all of those links lead to extremely unreliable sources.
Im not really sure what your problem is @metabunni . Why are you mad at a guy trying to be helpful?

With help like yours who needs to be backstabbed for ulterior motives.

BLM is being subverted just like COINTELPRO subverted Black Panther movements. That happened 70 years ago.

The only group subverting it are white nationalists, and other far right groups, who are trying to use it to their own ends, whether to hurt the image of movement, or to try and start a 2nd civil war. And it is these groups, along with right wing media, who are trying to convince you that BLM is being controlled by Jews, rather than admit that racial disparities and racism exists and that it's often coming from their side - and to defend the turd in the White House, who has only helped the opposition, if unintentionally.

Why is it so hard to believe things that happened in the past aren't happening again today?

Probably, because that is a slippery slope fallacy. While things in history have a tendency to repeat, you can't always rely on that argument out of convenience. But this is about a repeat theme that has been happening for decades, where some unarmed black person is killed by police.

You don't think its weird bricks were supplied to rioters?

You mean the ones meant for construction?

You don't think its weird the media jump on polarizing the population, before election season?

It's hard not to react when you have such clear evidence of a guy on the ground being suffocated by police. I know conservatives who can't, and wont, even defend that shit. They may not like BLM, but they certainly didn't like what they saw with what the police were doing.

You don't think its weird giant corporations and media changed the narrative from "police brutality" to "fighting 'white supremacy'"? They keep changing the frame to stir people up.

Because one implies the other to some respect. You got a black man killed by mostly white police officers, and you have evidence of white nationalists trying to subvert the the protests and add to the riots.

If you can't see forces are trying to pit us against each other, you are fucking lost.

Perhaps you are just saying that from your lofty position, because your no actually experiencing shit, and your takin this position because you don't want it to lead to some type of change you are uncomfortable with - especially, if it helps Democrats out?

I legitimately want to know why people like you get mad at someone trying to help and be thoughtful.

LOL. We get it. You think people are dumb, because they disagree with your dumb shit.

People will go to such great lengths to justify their racism. It's very obvious when someone's overcompensating.
Thanks for proving my point, pea brain. I literally don't know how you jumped from me sharing information to "DURR HURR RAYYCISM". You just want someone to hate. Take a long think, BUD

I think you just proved theirs, by turning a blind eye to it with a 101 excuse and conspiracies.

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 17:47:04

At 6/6/20 03:38 PM, Tyler wrote: I legitimately want to know why people like you get mad at someone trying to help and be thoughtful.

Honestly, I was a bit irritated with your post; that's my personal problem. Tom asked us to post articles that we have read recently, and you have been unfairly antagonized for it.

But look at the reactions to Tom's post. Overwhelming in support for his words.

If I'm at a funeral for a friend who died of medical malpractice, and someone comes in conspirating that the real issue is big pharma, or implying that it serves him right for doing drugs in the past or bad eating habits, I'm gonna get mad. Regardless of the validity of what you say, it's going to come across as douchey and delegitimizing of an existent (albeit perhaps smaller in your opinion) problem. Again, want to clarify that I'm not saying you are in the wrong. I hope you can understand where I am coming from, since you asked.

There is or needs to be a platform to post alternative ideas, but perhaps this hugbox isn't it.

BBS Signature

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 18:14:16

At 6/5/20 08:36 PM, RAMUSH wrote:
At 6/5/20 02:34 PM, cyangorilla wrote: I'll add this as my window to edit closed:

It's been a bit frustrating from my POV, as I live in a place that can hardly be called privileged by any American standard. This is a country riddled with corruption and abuse of power. Riots are not a rare thing here and injustices are just normal. It's been specially frustrating because, once again, the US takes the spotlight, even in local media, as if we didn't have problems of our own and as if problems there have priority over the absolute poverty of the Argentinian north (not poverty as in a poor neighborhood, poverty as in entire sections of the country living in shanty towns or worse), the crushing economic situation of the country (1USD = 120ARS and counting), the thin edge on top of which our democracy balances or the authoritarian nature our politicians are displaying. I cannot leave my house to go for a walk or the police will take me away, I cannot see any loved ones in person, I cannot go to the park. I'm effectively a prisoner in my own place and this will go on for at least another month (we have the longest lockdown so far).

We have our own George Floyd, a guy by the name of Luis Espinoza. Killed by the police and thrown at the border of the neighboring province to shift blame. We can't go out and protest for him, lest we get shot. Bullets fly fast in the third world.

It's been hurtful to see people retweet shit from the Venezuelan government, just because they are bashing Trump. Don't you know anything that happens outside the US? Have you not seen how Venezuelans flee their country because they are being horribly oppressed there? Shame on anyone who amplifies the voices of oppression and fascism.

I think the US can deal with this. If you can't, then welcome to the rest of the Americas, where stability is a foreign concept and democracy and constitutions are always up to interpretation.
Having seen so much hate and violence in the news and in the world, iam just shocked and appalled at what people have being doing, shifting blame, say do this do that while they arent doing anything themselves and not just that, but not even realising that this is something that's been going on for such a long time these last few years, and the ability to not have a voice to speak up is horrfying, i pray for the day these these wars, this corruption and death stops, and we finally can be together in peace, but until then we have to fight, i am sorry to hear about the stuff thats been going with you my friend, i hope you are safe and things are ok, much love to you, your family and all your friends and loved ones. Stay strong!

Thank you so much for your kind words, man. Feeling heard is one of the biggest gifts you can give to those invisible to the world, so much love to you and yours as well. My family and I will most likely be fine, I just fear for the second half of this year finally bringing the punch that's been winding up for 6 months.

Failure at not procrastinating made this post possible.

(awesome pixel gorilla by BigBossErndog)

BBS Signature

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 18:44:46

I love black people

BBS Signature

Response to America this Week 2020-06-06 20:02:14 (edited 2020-06-06 20:05:27)

Tom if ng really believes black lives matter you'll reform the bp levels that are police ranks to black power symbols

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature