00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games that are pretty much just one big shit post?

1,403 Views | 29 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

got any that come to mind?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-05-24 22:37:10

Most of the video games with unethical practices these days, produced after 2012.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-05-25 02:12:20

I'm not sure whether the Burger King Trilogy is sincere enough to qualify.

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-05-25 02:40:46

At 5/25/20 02:12 AM, Bansheebot wrote: I'm not sure whether the Burger King Trilogy is sincere enough to qualify.

Sneak King is a MASSIVE shitpost. Wonky game mechanics aside, it's funny as hell for about half an hour.

Getting Over It.

Especially with the narration.

iu_125455_4428769.jpg

Final Fantasy VII Remake.

The whole plot might as well be a glorified shitpost with the way it ended.

The game itself is a glorified demo, covering only 10-15% of the original game — a fact that was not mentioned in advertising, anywhere, at all. The game felt clunky to me especially with the amount of times I was made to walk where there was no need, and in the early stages, even beating the game on Easy is exceedingly difficult. Nomura has zero sense of balance (if a certain superboss from a certain other game he directed comes to mind).

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-06-17 19:11:37

At 6/9/20 04:06 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Final Fantasy VII Remake.
The game itself is a glorified demo, covering only 10-15% of the original game — a fact that was not mentioned in advertising, anywhere, at all. The game felt clunky to me especially with the amount of times I was made to walk where there was no need, and in the early stages, even beating the game on Easy is exceedingly difficult. Nomura has zero sense of balance (if a certain superboss from a certain other game he directed comes to mind).

FFVIIR was amazing. Even if it was a terrible "remake" in your eyes... as a standalone game you can't deny its phenomenal. I personally sunk 80+ hours into it, and with the exception of replaying a few grindy levels for trophies, I loved every moment.

I understand that you are upset that there was so little of the main story from the original FFVII in FFVIIR.. but they will be releasing that story over the course of several installments.

In what realm does 80 hours of gameplay equate to a demo??? ...and you should be happy that they are really fleshing out the story. Are you upset about having to wait for the next installment? ...about paying more money?? ...did you actually play the game or just read reviews??? How could you claim to be so disappointed... yet you knew nothing about the game to the point where you were surprized that its split into segments? ...like you saw it in the store... and at that very moment you for the first time learned that there was a ffvii remake... and you bought it and didn't even read the packaging... 🤡

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-06-17 20:31:06

At 6/17/20 07:11 PM, Raab wrote:
At 6/9/20 04:06 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Final Fantasy VII Remake.
FFVIIR was amazing. Even if it was a terrible "remake" in your eyes... as a standalone game you can't deny its phenomenal. I personally sunk 80+ hours into it, and with the exception of replaying a few grindy levels for trophies, I loved every moment.

I understand that you are upset that there was so little of the main story from the original FFVII in FFVIIR.. but they will be releasing that story over the course of several installments.

In what realm does 80 hours of gameplay equate to a demo??? ...and you should be happy that they are really fleshing out the story. Are you upset about having to wait for the next installment? ...about paying more money?? ...did you actually play the game or just read reviews??? How could you claim to be so disappointed... yet you knew nothing about the game to the point where you were surprized that its split into segments? ...like you saw it in the store... and at that very moment you for the first time learned that there was a ffvii remake... and you bought it and didn't even read the packaging... 🤡

80? More like 30... including all sidequests.

I should not be paying the price of a full game for a mere 10-15% of the storyline, a limited skillset and an unwieldy ATB system.

I should not be doling out DLC costs for the expansion of the game's main story.

And even if I am somehow proven wrong and the instalments are available for free download to anyone who's registered a copy, there will come a time when downloads for this system cease, meaning that in order to sell on the physical copy of FF7R, you basically sell on a fraction of the game (like that one Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game where the disc only contained the tutorial and the rest had to be patched, and patches aren't even given for it now).

And, anyone who's played a game directed by Tetsuya Nomura knows what Nomura hard means: levels so broken that even Nomura himself can't beat them (I have enough experience from many of the latter Kingdom Hearts games, and this is a complete repeat of that Nomura "hard").

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-06-18 00:02:34

You know in kids shows, that one video game all the characters talk about or like to play. Yeah, that's Blasto.

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-06-21 21:27:11

Hatoful Boyfriend is a visual novel where all of the characters are birds. It's very hard to take seriously.

Coolier than thou

Best Toon

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-06-22 14:14:03

Bravely Default.

"Guys, I'm the magical fairy and I need you to awaken the four elemental crystals! Okay now you gotta do it again. And again. Do it again you piece of shit! Now do it again you stupid cunt! That's right you ugly bastard! You need to awaken those elemental fucking crystals five fucking times!!!"
"Or you can break the crystals after the second or third mulligan and just get the bad ending lmfao"

The director must've had an axe to grind with all the FF fans who wanted the series to return to a NES/SNES-era plot.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-06-22 16:04:02

At 6/21/20 09:27 PM, Deity-Donkus wrote: Hatoful Boyfriend is a visual novel where all of the characters are birds. It's very hard to take seriously.

The absurdity of it is part of the fun though, and it takes itself seriously.

To build upon that Katawa Shoujo started off as a literal shitpost on 4chan and morphed into a visual novel where your end goal is to fuck crippled girls.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-06-29 02:52:47

At 6/17/20 07:11 PM, Raab wrote: I understand that you are upset that there was so little of the main story from the original FFVII in FFVIIR.. but they will be releasing that story over the course of several installments.

Or in other words: they are milking the franchise.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-06-29 06:23:50

At 6/29/20 02:52 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 6/17/20 07:11 PM, Raab wrote: I understand that you are upset that there was so little of the main story from the original FFVII in FFVIIR.. but they will be releasing that story over the course of several installments.

I already got banned for discussing the game in this thread, because the other person got ultra butthurt and reported me to a mod. I don't feel like re-typing everything, but they by no means milked anything. If anything the game is fleshed out.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-06-29 15:01:26

At 6/29/20 06:23 AM, Raab wrote:
At 6/29/20 02:52 AM, Haggard wrote:
I already got banned for discussing the game in this thread, because the other person got ultra butthurt and reported me to a mod. I don't feel like re-typing everything, but they by no means milked anything. If anything the game is fleshed out.

Lol, who the fuck reports you for stating your opinion? And what mod deletes the post? I mean, I don't agree with you, but all is well. How fucking boring would live be if we'd all liked the same things?

Anyway, fleshing out the story is fine, but they could at least sell it all in a bundle and not in 4 separate, full priced games.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-06-29 17:48:32

"No Time to Explain" most definitely fits the bill to me as a shitpost.

I just ate a bagel.

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-06-30 10:44:22

Jazzpunk...

Just fuckin' Jazzpunk.

RedSnake's the name, out of character and gae is the game.

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-06-30 17:15:21

ICEY

the game is a well made hack n slash with a really neat main protag design. the goal in this game is to figuratively flip the narrator as he's constantly begging you to follow arrows and kill the final boss,and then watch some of the random crap the game does to make you feel bad about your life decisions

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-06-30 21:18:27

Pretty much all the hentai puzzles i get in my mailbox to curate. Being a hentai curator has its low ends.

I do 3D art and stuff idk

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-07-02 09:38:11

Postal 2, definetely. It's a game that lets you fly out of bounds in any map by stabbing the air with a shovel in New Game+, along with making very little sense whatsoever even in a normal playthrough.

check out my sick game

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-07-02 23:53:43

Wario Ware franchise. I mean the whole premise is about Wario making cheaply produced micro games just to earn a fuckton of money.

A pretty good satire on the state of video games (especially considering all the mobile games of today), but still a shit post of a series as players enjoy playing the collection of weirdly made games.

No Creative Quotes. Here's a bunch of links. DeviantArt | Twitter | Instagram

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-07-03 05:36:05

Amazed that nobody mentioned Goat Simulator yet

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-07-03 20:59:57

At 7/3/20 03:55 PM, tehdroopy wrote:
At 7/3/20 05:36 AM, Skoops wrote: Amazed that nobody mentioned Goat Simulator yet
I played the game for I dunno, 30 minutes and then quit and never touched it again. It wasn't a bad game by any means, but the worst thing a game could be is boring or forgettable. At least with a bad game there's stuff to talk about, a game that there isn't anything to talk about isn't really worth remembering. The gimmick got really old after a while and it just wasn't a memorable game in general.

Hence why it's a good example of a shitpost in game form

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-08-14 16:19:50

Soda Drinker Pro is the highest tier shitpost in existence

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-08-14 23:57:24

At 6/21/20 09:27 PM, Deity-Donkus wrote: Hatoful Boyfriend is a visual novel where all of the characters are birds. It's very hard to take seriously.

There's also that dating simulator with Colonel Sanders in it, right?

Despite just being a clever marketing ploy and all..

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-08-15 16:38:24

All Digital Homicide Asset-flip Games

Distorted Vortex | Heavy Bass Producer

Distorted's Soundcloud Page | Distorted's Music Label

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-08-19 14:42:50

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-08-20 00:26:20

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-08-20 19:12:09

I dunno if Rom Hacks count, but Mario's Mystery Meat would certainly take the cake, being full of Vinesauce shitposts.

It is so fucking glorious.

Response to Games that are pretty much just one big shit post? 2020-08-22 19:53:19

At 5/24/20 07:42 PM, Wegra wrote: got any that come to mind?

The Town with No Name.

Eternally stuck in 2009.

BBS Signature