00:00
00:00

Collab: Stuck At Home Sample Pack

1,522 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Collab: Stuck At Home Sample Pack 2020-05-07 10:29:04

Looking for something to do during quarantine? How about helping with this Megacollab Newgrounds sample pack?

The theme is "Stuck At Home". Submit samples using your household items and help us build this sample pack.

Guidelines:

1. All sounds must be recorded from household items, such as furniture or utensils, that can be found in pretty much any house. Hobby items, such as musical instruments, do not count. If you’re unsure if an item counts as a household item, ask a moderator.
  2. Name the sounds based on what you made them with. The names should go “ExciterOnObject.mp3”. The object is the object you hit to make the sound, and the exciter is what you used to hit it. Ex. If you hit your bed with your pillow, the sound should be named “PillowOnBed.mp3”.
  3. You may edit the sound in any way you like, as long as you keep the rule above and also send the raw audio file along with the edited sound. Make sure to specify the original.
  4. When making one-shots, please try to specify what note is being played. If you can’t, just send it without specifying. We can figure it out, it’s just easier if it’s already done.
  5. You can submit your entries in any way you can, but if it’s not done on Newgrounds, you will need to specify a Newgrounds username. If no username is given, you will not be credited in the sample pack.

Submit your samples by July 1st to be included in the sample pack!

This is a signature. Aren't I creative?

Response to Collab: Stuck At Home Sample Pack 2020-05-07 13:18:12

Curruff pitched this Sample Pack citing @FelixZophar's Megacollab Sample Pack as inspiration and it sounds like a fun way to produce lots of foley sounds!

I've updated the Wiki to include a link to the original Megacollab under "Community Sample Packs" and I'll be including this one there as well when it's ready.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Stuck At Home Sample Pack 2020-05-07 20:17:10

At 5/7/20 01:18 PM, TomFulp wrote: Curruff pitched this Sample Pack citing @FelixZophar's Megacollab Sample Pack as inspiration and it sounds like a fun way to produce lots of foley sounds!

I've updated the Wiki to include a link to the original Megacollab under "Community Sample Packs" and I'll be including this one there as well when it's ready.

I appreciate this Tom. I checked it out and I never expected my idea to be there. Thanks man. 😊

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Are things like [cats purring, fridges humming, air vents, fans...] acceptable? (ie things with no exciter)

Response to Collab: Stuck At Home Sample Pack 2020-05-08 07:58:36

At 5/8/20 07:56 AM, BenedictFogwell wrote: Are things like [cats purring, fridges humming, air vents, fans...] acceptable? (ie things with no exciter)

Yes, those are fine. In that case, just put the name of the object.

Response to Collab: Stuck At Home Sample Pack 2020-05-09 19:30:11

I'll record some foleys. I usually put multiple takes in the same audio file, should I seperate them for this? Also is a dropbox link fine for submitting?

Response to Collab: Stuck At Home Sample Pack 2020-05-09 19:50:40

At 5/9/20 07:30 PM, LaserBrainNG wrote: I'll record some foleys. I usually put multiple takes in the same audio file, should I seperate them for this?

I would recommend separating them, but if you want to put them all into one file, it's fine. Just make sure all the sounds can easily be separated.

Also is a dropbox link fine for submitting?

Yes, that should be fine as long as you send the link over Newgrounds. If you send me the link over email or something, just make sure to tell me your NG profile name so I can credit you.

This is incredible. I'll be playing around with some sounds, for sure.

Do you have a normalization preference?

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Stuck At Home Sample Pack 2020-05-13 10:13:16

At 5/13/20 03:09 AM, Jacob wrote: This is incredible. I'll be playing around with some sounds, for sure.
Do you have a normalization preference?

Nope. Just do what sounds good to you.

Response to Collab: Stuck At Home Sample Pack 2020-05-17 11:09:48

Imma bang on my computer desk at home and record it. Is that acceptable?

Response to Collab: Stuck At Home Sample Pack 2020-05-17 11:56:39

At 5/17/20 11:09 AM, CountFuckula wrote: Imma bang on my computer desk at home and record it. Is that acceptable?

Yeah, that's fine.

Here's mine, 35 audio files total, most with multiple takes, over two recording sessions. I tried to make the takes easy to cut, and I think the .wav files are all normalised to -1 db. I wanted to record more but there's construction near my house all day for some reason.

https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/c3bec6756bf90428bdcf4d9ab01e85c0

Response to Collab: Stuck At Home Sample Pack 2020-05-23 06:11:49

Is it ok to share older sounds? I have sampled shit load of household stuff in the past but too lazy/busy to record them now

Response to Collab: Stuck At Home Sample Pack 2020-05-23 08:28:19

At 5/23/20 06:11 AM, Bonnot wrote: Is it ok to share older sounds? I have sampled shit load of household stuff in the past but too lazy/busy to record them now

Sure, as long as they follow the guidelines.