00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Quarantine Day 46 Updates

8,537 Views | 54 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 18:07:07

I've settled into my new place well enough. Pretty lazy and unproductive, but I'm hanging in there.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 18:22:03

At 4/27/20 05:00 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 4/27/20 02:03 PM, Luis wrote: i think by autumn everyone who died from it will have had done so over the summer.
yeah, but those who died from it next winter will have done so over the autumn

and so on and so forth

BTW, didn't Fauci say that we'll still have coronavirus come Fall?

dont be a bummer gimmick

None

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 20:45:39

At 4/27/20 11:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: How are things going in your neck of the woods?

New Zealand goes from level 4 of lockdown to level 3 today (28th) so businesses are opening again although we're all being recommended to stay at home during the crisis.

Since the beginning of this, life has been strange. We don't really get out much in this house anyway, so not much has changed, but seeing a distinct lack of life outside and everyone staying 2 meters apart at all times, buying groceries from behind a glass panel, everyone wearing masks and gloves... I honestly just want this shit to all be over.

I need a haircut. Genuinely considering just giving myself an undercut.

But New Zealand is doing far better than other countries apparently so I guess I can't complain.

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-28 02:45:46

At 4/27/20 05:11 PM, squidly wrote:
At 4/27/20 04:50 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/27/20 03:15 PM, squidly wrote:
At 4/27/20 02:41 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/27/20 02:40 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/27/20 02:39 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: okay but when ur dead from getting the coronavirus what will you do tom
I'm gonna find out if I can haunt you
So if I die, for the rest of your life if anything weird happens - a noise at night, something falling over - you can wonder, "Is that Tom?"
I don't think you should be RP'ing in the news posts, Tom, is this what you want to show new users to your site? That we're filled with this open debauchery? New Grounds Dot Com is a respectable site and as a long time user of 13 years I cannot stand for this!
You do realize I'll have infinite time to haunt you too, @squidly.
Tom you ought to know that:

Bro, Tom mabye has a secret account where he RPs as an anime girl or some shit. Mabye on twitter or mabye on fanfiction.net

She/They, 19., I draw sometimes.

Support me on ko-fi, it helps!

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-28 05:15:26

It's not too bad, but could be better. Just bored.

Just another NG user.

Thanks, @COOLZONE17500 for the cool signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-28 06:35:26

How are things going in your neck of the woods?

Swell honestly, this whole flu nonsense has really allowed me more time to work on my creative projects again (can't remember the last time I animated this regularly). Quarantine hasn't been the strangest part of the year, not to say the year has been bad for me, it's no 2019, but definitely one of the strangest. Either way, if things could settle down summer that'd give me a breather. Then again, Wu-han Winter is proven to be cozy.

Florida, the land of old bouta' look like house of the dead.

JoJo Collab in 2065! Get hyped!

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-28 12:29:39

The Merciless Deep was a really cool game :D

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-28 19:13:52

Been really productive in homeoffice for work and creatively. Most stores in germany are opening again but it's mandatory to wear face masks outside. Plans for school openings are starting but as far as I heard its pretty chaotic since the children don't care about any rules. I'll expect rising case numbers and subsequent social problems.

I went out to shop this morning and despite the sunshine it was pretty glum, empty streets, police carrying guns openly (they almost never do that here, saw it last time at G20 summit).

BBS Signature

At 4/27/20 05:01 PM, Wegra wrote: So far I've been able to scrartch 6 games off my massive backlog including

Tales of Berseria
Doom 2016
Mega Man X5
Mega Man Zero 2
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Spyro 1 remastered

5 weeks off and I only played GTA5 [found a Patriot] and BotW.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-29 17:07:14

At 4/29/20 04:19 PM, TheGameFan2020 wrote: Tomorrow I Will Wish You An Happy 42th Birthday Tom!

Thanks in advance! :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-29 19:10:04

I'm still working and my daily routine hasn't changed too much other than I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off instead of weekends. The weather is getting nice again after a long cold winter. I had a campfire last night and roasted hotdogs over it for dinner last night and spent some of today chopping more logs for more fires. There's a big woodstack leftover from the last owners but they never chopped it.

iu_116218_424267.jpg

iu_116217_424267.jpg

A stray kitten is trying very hard to adopt us and came by the firepit for pets and scraps. She's been spending most days on our porch making the indoor cats go nuts. Today I didn't see her around even though I was on the porch or chopping wood. I went into the garage at some point and my barn cat jumped down from the rafters. I guess she got stuck in there when the wife left for work. So I carried her back to the barn and we were met by the stray cat. Hopefully they'll start getting along and we'll have a bonus barn cat.

iu_116219_424267.jpg

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-29 22:06:59

At 4/27/20 11:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: How are things going in your neck of the woods?

Oddly enough, in some ways I feel like I'm in a better position in life because of the virus. There's less traffic, less people around, and gas prices are down (I'm in California so this is a huge plus for me). I luckily still have my job so I'm $1,200 richer. Oh, and it's finally socially acceptable in the US to wear masks in public! Now I can make myself look like a Madness Combat character while protecting myself against pathogens and allergies!

I don't want to sound insensitive, I'm just trying to make the best of a shitty situation.

art by numeneko

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-30 07:49:02

Cases in my area are relatively low still since my region is kinda spread out. I still go get morning coffee at one of the only businesses still open. There's always a 5 person limit in the store, and everyone has to spread out. I also don't really touch any doorknobs or handles anywhere directly except my own anymore. I wash my hands whenever I get home and make sure no one spits or sneezes on me. I can't say I'm taking it that seriously or that i'm super worried about getting it given how few cases there are right now, but I do live with someone who has to work with the public, so if I'm gonna get it, i'm gonna get it.

What about you Tom? do you still have an office for all the NG servers and the like that you have to visit and maintain? or are you running things from home these days? do you take any special precautions going outside? or is grocery shopping a pain in the ass there?

Master of questionable life choices

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-30 08:50:41

At 4/30/20 07:49 AM, MinatoArisato wrote: What about you Tom? do you still have an office for all the NG servers and the like that you have to visit and maintain? or are you running things from home these days? do you take any special precautions going outside? or is grocery shopping a pain in the ass there?

We don't need to physically access the servers anymore so that hasn't been an issue. Have also managed to get all our groceries via delivery so far so I haven't had to go to a store. A lot of our neighbors will still make trips to stores so we're careful to keep a distance from them when out for walks. When I stop by the office I bring some hand sanitizer but haven't really needed a mask or anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-30 09:33:58

Hi guys, still visiting my mothers place for updating my eh.. education in sciences etc (cant understand why most people use this time to watch stupid netflix garbage instead of making themselves more educated and autonomous thinkers but ok) even though i already had practical doctorates at this point.. never too young to learn. And though wisdom trumps knowledge, knowledge in objectives indeed is power.

So, state of things in my city is that police officers stand shoulder to shoulder, i come walking at them and they tell me to keep distance, i tell them they stand shoulder to shoulder and they reply its because "they know eachother". Right, so why them fine people that know eachother and stand shoulder to shoulder. Get real people. I stood right next to them and they didnt do anything so ok. My entire town has no masks, which is a good thing seeing as those impede oxygen intake and make you look menacing instead of being able to read eachothers face which is a socializing prequisite to create even basic compassion. All "essential" (cough) stores demand you to either use a basket or a cart, which is refuse depending on the store, and have the usual hand sanitizer (that destroys your good bacteria and therefore lowers your immune system) that i will not use.

People look at me angrily as i pass them by though some (sadly not many) greet me and give the nod of "we all know its bs".

So, no problems yet.

And incase problems arise, im a proper boxer so woe them that deal it. ;)

The sunny days are great, im outside every day, actually everyone is outside in my city, cars on the road everywhere.

So dont believe any fake official media that states the netherlands being a ghost country and everyone is inside.

Were not.

Were not going to be.

Turn off your tv mates.

And confront the stasi people that record you with their phones.

The revolution wont be televised.

-Cal

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-30 09:47:54

At 4/30/20 08:50 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/30/20 07:49 AM, MinatoArisato wrote: What about you Tom? do you still have an office for all the NG servers and the like that you have to visit and maintain? or are you running things from home these days? do you take any special precautions going outside? or is grocery shopping a pain in the ass there?
We don't need to physically access the servers anymore so that hasn't been an issue. Have also managed to get all our groceries via delivery so far so I haven't had to go to a store. A lot of our neighbors will still make trips to stores so we're careful to keep a distance from them when out for walks. When I stop by the office I bring some hand sanitizer but haven't really needed a mask or anything.

Ayyy, One thing I neglected to mention is I've been ordering way too much 'Skip the dishes' and 'doordash' which are the dominant ubereats over here. I wasn't even doing it because I was too lazy to go pick up takeout somewhere or visit the grocery store, but for about a month the main streets had lots of sketchy dudes and druggies who were likely off their meds being confrontational even while trying to avoid them. Things seem to have settled down since then a bit, maybe just because more time has passed, or maybe because they're all living off of CERB money now or something.

What do you find yourself eating at home these days? think you'll put on weight from being cooped up? or are you still being fairly healthy? also how are your kids taking it?

Master of questionable life choices

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-30 12:16:34

damn that sucks ass

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-30 17:35:45

Hey, happy birthday Tom!

just some loser

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-30 18:40:40

At 4/30/20 05:35 PM, Talucidy wrote: Hey, happy birthday Tom!

Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-30 18:51:33

Hey, happy Tom day! Thanks for being you.

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-05-01 10:49:35

Been kinda crap really, Wanted to get back into animation only for me to remember that my tablet pen has broke (so I've resorted to using a mouse), Can't finish my work experience at my local record store and can't pay for the film I ordered from HMV (I ordered Over The Edge, it's a pretty old film from 1979).

Trying to get to the brighter side, I've been listening to a lot of Italian (and dutch) prog rock and post punk, I've also got back into grunge music and to top all of that off, I've been re-watching most of the films I bought

diarrhea is just bum cum

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-05-01 19:48:05

Doing pretty good just had to finish my schoolwork and crap and hoping that the coronavirus is going to be over before the first day of Junior Year, so yeh.

Quantum

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-05-02 10:49:25

At 4/29/20 07:10 PM, Malachy wrote: Pictures

Really looks like the ideal place to live at a time like this. Self-sufficient if need be.

And awesome kitten.

At 4/27/20 05:01 PM, Wegra wrote: Doom 2016

What'd you think?

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-05-04 01:48:03

At 4/27/20 04:11 PM, Tyler wrote:
At 4/27/20 11:33 AM, TomFulp wrote:
How are things going in your neck of the woods?
Weird. Got sick 4 weeks ago, tested positive for Kung Flu. Symptoms only lasted for a week. I feel fine though now.

On the bright side, free government money and indefinite time off work has been great for development!

Hope things are well with everyone here

Glad your better now man! And yeah feeling the same about that last part lol, great for dev!

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-05-05 08:18:46

This is undoubtedly a test for our peace of mind, I believe that in 5 months everything will return to normal