00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Quarantine Day 46 Updates

8,561 Views | 54 Replies
Respond to this Topic

HaxeFlixel Game Jam

Today is the deadline for our Haxe Flixel Game Jam, expect to see some cool games arriving! The theme for this jam is “Alone, Together” and entries are using the HaxeFlixelJam tag. For more info, read the original announcement post.

Ludum Dare 46

Last weekend was also Ludum Dare 46 and so many great games were made that we don’t have enough front page slots to feature them all. Be sure to play as many as you can in the collection page, your scores help surface the best ones.

Pico-8 Medals and High Scores

@FreeAsANerd has been developing a cool Pico-8 library for our Newgrounds.io API. We’re testing it now and you can try it in the following games:

Art Commissions

I commissioned @mogy64 to create a piece inspired by The Merciless Deep and it’s a stunner!

I’ve got a number of commissions in progress and I’ll be sharing those as they appear on-line. @zattdott has already completed two pieces!

If you’re open for commissions, let everyone know via the Collabinator. It will pin a commissions box to your user page and you can drag that to the top if you want it to be the first thing people see.

Fan Art Contest

If you’re thinking of making fan art for anything you’ve seen here on Newgrounds, May 9th would be a perfect day to share it! That day is Pico Day, a celebration of all things Newgrounds and we’ll be awarding cash prizes to our five favorite pieces of fan art. 

It’s important to note your Pico Day entry doesn’t have to involve oldschool NG characters like the Tank Men or Pico; the ideal entries will be a celebration of more recent works various people have shared here. Think about some of your favorite animations and games in recent years and consider fan art for those! Let this new generation of artists and developers know their work has been appreciated.

Talking Pet Animation Jam

Our animation jam deadline is May 4th and the theme is, “My pet started talking to me.” Looking forward to seeing what everyone makes! You can browse incoming entries via the petjam tag.

Art Inspired Music Contest

The Art Inspired Music Contest is in progress and the deadline is June 22nd. In the AIM, you’re encouraged to create music inspired by art here on Newgrounds. You can listen to entries with the aim2020 tag.

Kevin MacLeod Interview

This past week TheInterviewer interviewed Kevin MacLeod, the creator of so much of the free music you hear on the web in animation and games!

Kevin is one of the top resources in our Royalty Free Music list. It's important that all creators are aware you can't use unlicensed commercial music (such as your favorite song on the radio) in your projects.

Quarantine Day 46

Hope everyone is doing as well as you can under these circumstances! It’s been a month and a half since a lot of us began to shelter in place. The schools here closed on March 13th and won’t be re-opening until Fall at the earliest. Our township is still seeing ~200 new cases per day despite taking measures ahead of the rest of the state and a lot of the country.

I hope Newgrounds has been bringing you some joy during these times! We'll be kicking off new events in May as this current round of events wraps up.

How are things going in your neck of the woods?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

At 4/27/20 11:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: How are things going in your neck of the woods?

It's going pretty good. I think this is the most active creatively i've been in the last 10 years. Resumed progress on the bomtoons game i was working on, etc.

They've opened up picking up liquor from the boarded up liquor stores this past week so I've been building my backyard bar when the weather is nice. I've also been trying a bunch of new beers and have been fairly involved in Discord and making shitty threads on this website.

That said i do look forward to autumn when im flying around again and going to bars.

Also first post.

Also fuck you @clatform for not answering my PM!

None

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 11:55:56

panic made a haxeflixel jam entry in the last few days, gonna try to participate in the petjam too... death

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 11:59:57

At 4/27/20 11:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: How are things going in your neck of the woods?

Recovering from what I assume was a very angry stomach bug. I just ate my first piece of real food (i.e not crackers, toast, or Sprite) in over 24 hours and I'm hoping to keep it down since it's just an apple.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 12:07:52

At 4/27/20 11:43 AM, Luis wrote: They've opened up picking up liquor from the boarded up liquor stores this past week so I've been building my backyard bar when the weather is nice. I've also been trying a bunch of new beers and have been fairly involved in Discord and making shitty threads on this website.

Oh I didn't know they were doing pickup at the liquor stores now. We just got three bottles of vodka from Stateside Vodka, which is the minimum order to also get the hand sanitizer they are producing at their distillery. Have you tried Stateside?

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 12:37:38

Quarantine Day 46

Hope everyone is doing as well as you can under these circumstances! It’s been a month and a half since a lot of us began to shelter in place. The schools here closed on March 13th and won’t be re-opening until Fall at the earliest. Our township is still seeing ~200 new cases per day despite taking measures ahead of the rest of the state and a lot of the country.

Cases are super low here. We did have an employee pass away from the virus and my spouse's aunt came down with Covid, but recovered fairly quickly.

I hope Newgrounds has been bringing you some joy during these times! We'll be kicking off new events in May as this current round of events wraps up.

I've been playing way too many games on newgrounds and today just passed 10,000 Medals. (Not points, but medals)

Still waiting until the end of June. The organization I work for plans on making layoffs depending on the direction the county decides to go. Just holding on until then to see if I'm still working.

I did end up making a movie with my daughter that she really loved making. It can be found in the supporter forum. Maybe there will be more of that if I'm out of a job for a little.

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 12:55:09

At 4/27/20 11:43 AM, Luis wrote: That said i do look forward to autumn
when im flying around again and going to bars.

Haha yeah, this will definitely stop come autumn, right guys?

...guys?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 13:04:54

Can't wait to see what the final spread of the HaxeFlixel jam looks like! I'm holding off playing any of them until the jam is over, but man that's getting increasingly hard to do with the amount of craziness I'm seeing with these submissions. People out here really unlocking the potential of the engine!

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 13:17:21

My sister's girlfriend was threatened with arrest for - I shit you not - sitting alone on a park bench reading a book. If measures like this are what it takes to save our lives, then just let us all fucking die.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 13:49:40

tomfulp what would you do if you got coronavirus and died.

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 14:03:11

At 4/27/20 12:55 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 4/27/20 11:43 AM, Luis wrote: That said i do look forward to autumn
when im flying around again and going to bars.
Haha yeah, this will definitely stop come autumn, right guys?

...guys?

i think by autumn everyone who died from it will have had done so over the summer.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 14:23:29

At 4/27/20 01:49 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: tomfulp what would you do if you got coronavirus and died.

I'm prone to heavy chest congestion so it wouldn't be a surprise. Enjoy NG while it lasts!

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 14:32:04

Doing ok, I really just want to be done with homeschooling, because I’d rather focus on art,and animation. Also, I will be making a small Pico Day Cartoon.

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 14:34:18

At 4/27/20 01:49 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: tomfulp what would you do if you got coronavirus and died.

Don’t be silly Ninja, Tom can’t die, he just respawns

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 14:39:11

At 4/27/20 02:23 PM, TomFulp wrote:
I'm prone to heavy chest congestion so it wouldn't be a surprise. Enjoy NG while it lasts!

okay but when ur dead from getting the coronavirus what will you do tom

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 14:40:08

At 4/27/20 02:39 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote:
okay but when ur dead from getting the coronavirus what will you do tom

I'm gonna find out if I can haunt you

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 14:41:05

At 4/27/20 02:40 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/27/20 02:39 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: okay but when ur dead from getting the coronavirus what will you do tom

So if I die, for the rest of your life if anything weird happens - a noise at night, something falling over - you can wonder, "Is that Tom?"

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 14:42:13

Not only does everyone look like Sub-Zero on the street (re: masks), Midge season is at its peak, so everyone's swatting themselves to and from the grocery store. I couldn't be anymore miserable.

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 14:44:40

Great news today, Mr.Fulp.

It may quell your fears to know I'm very close to perfecting a vaccination for the virus, and if I have some time afterwards I may also decide to win these jams you've generously laid out for me.

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 14:46:35

At 4/27/20 02:44 PM, ninjamuffin100 wrote: Great news today, Mr.Fulp.

It may quell your fears to know I'm very close to perfecting a vaccination for the virus, and if I have some time afterwards I may also decide to win these jams you've generously laid out for me.

That would be cool if someone from NG discovered the vaccine and required it to be called Newgrounds Juice. So everyone would have to run out and get some sweet Newgrounds Juice so they can be safe.

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 15:13:15

At 4/27/20 02:41 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/27/20 02:39 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: okay but when ur dead from getting the coronavirus what will you do tom
So if I die, for the rest of your life if anything weird happens - a noise at night, something falling over - you can wonder, "Is that Tom?"

lately in the middle of the night my whiteboard has been falling off my wall. I already got shit hauntin me, u gotta get in line. When its ur turn you can knock my tankman onto the floor. Than I'll know its you

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 15:15:05

I don't think you should be RP'ing in the news posts, Tom, is this what you want to show new users to your site? That we're filled with this open debauchery? New Grounds Dot Com is a respectable site and as a long time user of 13 years I cannot stand for this!

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 16:38:05

Crazy it's been this long already...

Not bad at all. Just that days all mesh together without special and distinguishable outside events to really break one week apart from the next one in memory. Working from home a month this week...

Seems like a real creative boom around the net these days though. Not all bad.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 16:40:43

At 4/27/20 01:17 PM, DamnedByFate wrote: My sister's girlfriend was threatened with arrest for - I shit you not - sitting alone on a park bench reading a book. If measures like this are what it takes to save our lives, then just let us all fucking die.

Tactics of unjust oppression set aside, that doesn't seem like the best way to keep this from spreading either. Forcefully gathering together everyone behind bars.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 16:42:19

At 4/27/20 02:46 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/27/20 02:44 PM, ninjamuffin100 wrote: Great news today, Mr.Fulp.

That would be cool if someone from NG discovered the vaccine and required it to be called Newgrounds Juice. So everyone would have to run out and get some sweet Newgrounds Juice so they can be safe.

"Grounds gold"

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 16:50:08

At 4/27/20 03:15 PM, squidly wrote:
I don't think you should be RP'ing in the news posts, Tom, is this what you want to show new users to your site? That we're filled with this open debauchery? New Grounds Dot Com is a respectable site and as a long time user of 13 years I cannot stand for this!

You do realize I'll have infinite time to haunt you too, @squidly.

BBS Signature

At 4/27/20 02:03 PM, Luis wrote: i think by autumn everyone who died from it will have had done so over the summer.

yeah, but those who died from it next winter will have done so over the autumn

and so on and so forth

BTW, didn't Fauci say that we'll still have coronavirus come Fall?

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 17:01:48

so i take it liam won't take over then

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 17:01:57

So far I've been able to scrartch 6 games off my massive backlog including

Tales of Berseria

Doom 2016

Mega Man X5

Mega Man Zero 2

Uncharted Lost Legacy

Spyro 1 remastered

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Quarantine Day 46 Updates 2020-04-27 17:11:10

At 4/27/20 04:50 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/27/20 03:15 PM, squidly wrote:
You do realize I'll have infinite time to haunt you too, @squidly.

Tom you ought to know that:

1. Pretty sure my house already has its fair share of ghosts, considering I once got knocking on my door at 3 am from the inside. So you'll probably have to fight them for control, and honestly Tom, I just don't think you'd win that one.
  2. I ain't afraid of no ghost

Click the Squid -> 🦑