00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Having a baby!

4,211 Views | 92 Replies
Respond to this Topic

That’s right, Leah and I are pregnant! In Stardew Valley. It took the coronavirus to finally get me to settle down.


Hope everyone else is doing ok out there; thank you again to those of you keeping healthcare, food, deliveries and essential services going. For everyone else, we’re trying to give you plenty of reasons to stay indoors, with fun opportunities to create and learn on NG!


Shelter in Place Art Jam


Today is the deadline for our Shelter in Place art jam. The theme has been to illustrate yourself sheltered in place, doing whatever you do to pass the time. We’ve seen lots of phenomenal entries so far and you have until midnight PST to share your own!


HaxeFlixel Game Jam


Last week we launched a HaxeFlixel Game Jam with the theme “Alone, Together.” A growing number of devs from the HaxeFlixel community have stepped up to contribute prize money, bringing the total prize pool to $1,300 as of last night! 


The HaxeFlixel tutorial was also updated over the weekend to cover Visual Studio Code and the Ogmo 3 tile editor (used for Celeste). The deadline is April 27th and this jam is a great opportunity to learn a variety of new things! The HaxeFlixel Discord is full of helpful people who can answer questions along the way.


The Tire Pressure Project


A new Re-Animate collab is happening and @IvanAlmighty has already jumped aboard: The Tire Pressure Project. Follow that account and watch the video for more details.


Art Inspired Music Contest


The Art Inspired Music Contest runs from Friday, April 17 until Monday, June 22. The theme of this contest is to make a song inspired by a piece of art here on Newgrounds.


Animated Student and Festival Films


I want to put this out there as a reminder: We love ALL ANIMATION on Newgrounds! Please don’t hesitate to share your project here, even if you’re nervous it’s not the right fit. We want to be swimming in original animation around here and your involvement really helps drive the site forward. You might even help class up the joint!


Similarly if you have friends who are animators and they aren’t posting their work on Newgrounds, please encourage them to do so.


Art Commissions


I commissioned @zattdott to make a piece based on @Nutcasenightmare’s Adventures with Anxiety!



More game-themed art commissions are on the way, along with a new site skin by @Sabtastic!


Side note, art and animation based on obscure games is always appreciated around here. I loved seeing these two pieces this morning and these games aren’t even super obscure, they just don’t get a lot of fan art here:



TurboGrafx-16, Neo Geo, weird '90s arcade brawlers; we'd love all of it around these parts!


Double XP Extended


Because the shutdown is officially going until at least April 30th, we’ve extended our Double XP event to run from now until the end of April! That means every day you can log 20 XP by voting on at least ten entries. Your votes help to surface the best content on the site! 


If you like something here on NG that isn't getting enough love, be sure to drop a kind review letting the author know how much you enjoyed it. We can all play a role in keeping things interesting!


iu_105542_1.png


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 10:40:31


Not even April's fool yet and we got dunked on by Tom


BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 10:42:20


10 posts i got a heart attack over.

  1. this one right fucking here

Jonathan Joestar didn't die for our souls

I also draw sometimes and stuff so check it out or just follow my twtter (Click on the fucking image man)

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 10:44:56


At 3/30/20 10:40 AM, DSixZey wrote: Not even April's fool yet and we got dunked on by Tom


Consider this the warm-up!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 10:49:05


At 3/30/20 10:44 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/30/20 10:40 AM, DSixZey wrote: Not even April's fool yet and we got dunked on by Tom
Consider this the warm-up!


You sly bastard, I'm telling April either way!!!1


Wakka wakka

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 10:51:04


Will your child survive the predicted chaos warrior raids on small farming communities? They are to become more likely as the realms of nightmare and reality merge together once again.

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 10:54:49


iu_105543_7472308.png

Here you go Tommy!


This game sucks turkey dick!

Best Toon

Broken Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 10:54:52


At 3/30/20 10:51 AM, Mitchelf wrote: Will your child survive the predicted chaos warrior raids on small farming communities? They are to become more likely as the realms of nightmare and reality merge together once again.


@Flashgitz I got your next cartoon right here.


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 10:55:56


At 3/30/20 10:49 AM, Rucklo wrote:
At 3/30/20 10:44 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/30/20 10:40 AM, DSixZey wrote: Not even April's fool yet and we got dunked on by Tom
Consider this the warm-up!
You sly bastard, I'm telling April either way!!!1


She's already upset that she has to make her own salads.


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 11:00:13


I liked bonk's adventure, maybe the second one more than the first on turbografix. The concept of headbutting stuff was unusual and the art style was fun.


Also first post.



None

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 11:02:02


You have another child right? I thought that you did at least.


Anyways, congratulations. My daughter is 6 now and I've fostered multiple other children for periods of time. Nothing better than coming home after work and having a little one wrap their arms around you.

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 11:02:53


At 3/30/20 11:00 AM, Luis wrote: I liked bonk's adventure, maybe the second one more than the first on turbografix. The concept of headbutting stuff was unusual and the art style was fun.

Also first post.


The ability to juggle enemies was underrated and using the built-in turbo button to super spin and float through levels was fun. Had cool boss music, too.


Ever play Air Zonk?


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 11:03:37


At 3/30/20 11:02 AM, NotCoachFro wrote: You have another child right? I thought that you did at least.

Anyways, congratulations. My daughter is 6 now and I've fostered multiple other children for periods of time. Nothing better than coming home after work and having a little one wrap their arms around you.


Yup, have two boys, 8 and 11!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 11:03:54


At 3/30/20 11:02 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/30/20 11:00 AM, Luis wrote: I liked bonk's adventure, maybe the second one more than the first on turbografix. The concept of headbutting stuff was unusual and the art style was fun.

Also first post.
The ability to juggle enemies was underrated and using the built-in turbo button to super spin and float through levels was fun. Had cool boss music, too.

Ever play Air Zonk?


I did, i like the art style for that better. Bonk reminded me of charlie brown too much and i dont like Peanuts.


None

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 11:05:30


You had me there, Tom.


On that note, I can't wait to see what's in store for Wednesday...


"I knew you were a degenerate leftist with no ideological training" - Lilaa

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 11:06:35


At 3/30/20 11:03 AM, Luis wrote: I did, i like the art style for that better. Bonk reminded me of charlie brown too much and i dont like Peanuts.


Agreed. Air Zonk art style has held up really well.


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 11:08:54


iu_105554_3030020.jpg

in Stardew Valley


BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 11:08:59


At 3/30/20 10:55 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/30/20 10:49 AM, Rucklo wrote:
At 3/30/20 10:44 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/30/20 10:40 AM, DSixZey wrote: Not even April's fool yet and we got dunked on by Tom
Consider this the warm-up!
You sly bastard, I'm telling April either way!!!1
She's already upset that she has to make her own salads.


Dude, she what? Seriously? What are you, some kind of Belsebub or something? You're a bad bad man!!!1 How about you man up and use that damn veggie-knife once in a while and help your poor wife out??!!! >: (


Wakka wakka

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 11:27:08


tom dont prank us its not april yet


BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 11:49:52


Fink Rat!

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 11:54:48


At 3/30/20 10:38 AM, TomFulp wrote: Double XP Extended


Big dick energy, sir.

I'ma get all that XP.


Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 12:02:51


aw shit stardew valley tom if u wanna play some multiplayer hit me up lmaoooo


RIP NINJAMUFFIN COLLAB NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 12:04:15


At 3/30/20 12:02 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: aw shit stardew valley tom if u wanna play some multiplayer hit me up lmaoooo


I've never tried multiplayer (on PS4), can you wreck other people's farms?


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 12:14:33


Game reference huh. Got it.


Almost feels like this might be an intentional reminder on that destined time of foolery looming around the corner, so we don't get all too distressed about whatever's coming next. Intriguing what that may be...


And all them events! Would jump in if there was more time, but all that extra EXP's definitely much appreciated. Feels like more content than usual too. Good to see creativity's still alive and well; maybe more now than ever.


Check out the NRC / Hexa #60 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 12:20:28


At 3/30/20 12:04 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/30/20 12:02 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: aw shit stardew valley tom if u wanna play some multiplayer hit me up lmaoooo
I've never tried multiplayer (on PS4), can you wreck other people's farms?


Yeah, but its like a gentlemens agreement. They fuck wit ur farm? you can just as easily clapback and wreck their shit. But Stardew is a lovely peaceful game. Everyone works together and helps water each others plant and shit :) buy it on steam play wit my boys


RIP NINJAMUFFIN COLLAB NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 13:04:57 (edited 2020-03-30 13:05:12)


At 3/30/20 12:04 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/30/20 12:02 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: aw shit stardew valley tom if u wanna play some multiplayer hit me up lmaoooo
I've never tried multiplayer (on PS4), can you wreck other people's farms?


@TomFulp Who's Leah?

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 13:16:22


At 3/30/20 10:40 AM, DSixZey wrote: Not even April's fool yet and we got dunked on by Tom


Calling it now. Its going to be Coronagrounss for April Fools


Ahahahahahah

BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 13:23:52


At 3/30/20 10:38 AM, TomFulp wrote: Because the shutdown is officially going until at least April 30th, we’ve extended our Double XP event to run from now until the end of April! That means every day you can log 20 XP by voting on at least ten entries. Your votes help to surface the best content on the site! 

If you like something here on NG that isn't getting enough love, be sure to drop a kind review letting the author know how much you enjoyed it. We can all play a role in keeping things interesting!


Didn't the requirement to gain XP used to be lower, like five entries? Or am I mistaken?

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 13:58:10 (edited 2020-03-30 14:12:25)


bro... you married leah,,,, and not penny ..........

.....


EDIT: imagine how good your kids would be at LEGO if you married her, dude


BBS Signature

Response to Having a baby! 2020-03-30 14:08:59


the sites skins are like the leaves changing with the seasons


BBS Signature