00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 62 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Video Game OST!

137 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Sup Everyone! Does anyone have any tips on creating any good boss themes or video game OST in general? I'm Completely lost!

Here's one I worked on: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/914079

Response to Video Game OST! 2020-03-24 18:11:39 (edited 2020-03-24 18:12:35)

At 3/23/20 07:20 PM, JackStormYT wrote: Sup Everyone! Does anyone have any tips on creating any good boss themes or video game OST in general? I'm Completely lost!

I love it!! My advice Is to have your songs play twice for a total of 5 min and keep the song to match the current atmosphere/theme, anyways keep it up!

Response to Video Game OST! 2020-03-24 18:44:46

At 3/24/20 06:11 PM, SpectrialGhost wrote:
At 3/23/20 07:20 PM, JackStormYT wrote: Sup Everyone! Does anyone have any tips on creating any good boss themes or video game OST in general? I'm Completely lost!

I love it!! My advice Is to have your songs play twice for a total of 5 min and keep the song to match the current atmosphere/theme, anyways keep it up!

Thanks for responding at least, I'll consider that when I make the next theme!

Response to Video Game OST! 2020-03-26 07:38:04

Theming, theming, theming is ALWAYS good. It shows coherence in the game's story and soundtrack when you're evoking one character's or area's theme much later for more sombre circumstances, for example. The word we're looking for is "leitmotif."

My biggest point of reference is Kingdom Hearts.

• The title theme, Dearly Beloved, is borrowed and used in various different ways in different tracks across the series, and has itself been subjected to various remakes.
  • Sora's, Roxas', Ventus' and Vanitas' themes are all intertwined, such that each of their battle themes has borrowed from another's.

Non-KH example perhaps, Legend of Mana (also incidentally composed by Yoko Shimomura, the same person behind the soundtrack to KH). The opening music, the Swedish song that introduces the game, is in the title theme, the battle theme towards the end of the game, and there's an extended version in the end. There are also other tracks that carry a similar feeling to this same opener, keeping it consistent.

Response to Video Game OST! 2020-03-26 08:37:24

Try to listen Space Rangers OST

The trusted, smart and easy way to rent a car, worldwide

Bocubo

Response to Video Game OST! 2020-03-26 11:13:59

At 3/26/20 07:38 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Theming, theming, theming is ALWAYS good. It shows coherence in the game's story and soundtrack when you're evoking one character's or area's theme much later for more sombre circumstances, for example. The word we're looking for is "leitmotif."

My biggest point of reference is Kingdom Hearts.

Non-KH example perhaps, Legend of Mana (also incidentally composed by Yoko Shimomura, the same person behind the soundtrack to KH). The opening music, the Swedish song that introduces the game, is in the title theme, the battle theme towards the end of the game, and there's an extended version in the end. There are also other tracks that carry a similar feeling to this same opener, keeping it consistent.

Okay, Thanks for the advice!

Response to Video Game OST! 2020-03-26 11:14:19

At 3/26/20 08:37 AM, Hollada wrote: Try to listen Space Rangers OST

ok