00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 42 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

The voices you hear when you read

410 Views | 45 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 01:29:36

...people's poasts in the forums.

This kinda spawns from @ZetoSoul saying that he hears the voice of Master Shake when he reads my poasts.

When I read @wwwyzzerdd's poasts, it's almost like Popeye the Sailor man, but definitely angrier. That's just one example. I need to stop putting it off and just record myself imitating what I hear from y'all.

How about you guys?

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 01:42:25

I don't have any special voices, I just have a modifier. If I think you're cool, I read your posts in a cool voice.

Dora's Bike | Descent Club | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature

Who do I sound like? Michio Kaku?

Latest updates on tropical cyclones

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 02:23:11

everything and everyone sounds like this. doesn't matter if I'm reading a classic novel or a Wegra post.

https://lingojam.com/StephenHawkingVoiceGenerator

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 03:58:01

I don't know how to read.

BBS Signature

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 04:35:10

I hear chills from top 15 sometimes and sometimes i just hear a really bored version of me.

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 04:38:35

Ooooo.Sounds like a nice community project.

BBS Signature

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 06:33:49

Everyone sounds like 4 year old kids. And then all of a sudden a lot of the stuff people post on the internet makes a lot more sense.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 08:16:56

At 3/23/20 01:29 AM, SethSkoda wrote: ...people's poasts in the forums.
This kinda spawns from @ZetoSoul saying that he hears the voice of Master Shake when he reads my poasts.
When I read @wwwyzzerdd's poasts, it's almost like Popeye the Sailor man, but definitely angrier. That's just one example. I need to stop putting it off and just record myself imitating what I hear from y'all.
How about you guys?

I only know that I always imagine @JosephStarr's posts being read with a Scottish accent and I have no idea why.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 09:37:49

How about you guys?

I hear @Luis's voice when I read Luis posts. In general I default to Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 09:41:38

Sometimes the icon image affect what voice I read it in. Like if someone is using Morgan Freeman as their icon pic I obviously hear Morgan Freeman when I read their posts. It gets more abstract the more unclear what image is, either because I don't recongize it or because I literally can't tell what it is. But most skull based icon have the voice of skeletor or close enough to it.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 10:20:51

Default inner voice, no special variation.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 12:42:04

At 3/23/20 03:58 AM, Zymbot wrote: I don't know how to read.

Sorry about that, though I definitely hear Warwick Davis as the Leprechaun when I read your poasts.

At 3/23/20 12:42 PM, ZetoSoul wrote:
At 3/23/20 03:58 AM, Zymbot wrote: I don't know how to read.
Sorry about that, though I definitely hear Warwick Davis as the Leprechaun when I read your poasts.

You had me thinking I missed a reply with that one. I'm looking through this thread for Zymbot's reply, and here you're just clowning.

You fucking got me.

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 14:14:49

i always just read everything in my voice

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 14:47:45

At 3/23/20 02:14 PM, StaticSkull2 wrote: i always just read everything in my voice

What about the grammatically fucked poasts by @PootDispencerHere? Would you mentally read them in your own voice?

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 15:10:43

At 3/23/20 02:47 PM, SethSkoda wrote:
At 3/23/20 02:14 PM, StaticSkull2 wrote: i always just read everything in my voice
What about the grammatically fucked poasts by @PootDispencerHere? Would you mentally read them in your own voice?

yes

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 15:47:16

Never thought about this. But I think I have some kind of voices in Russian, not too sure. But in English I am not hearing a voice. Only hear words when typing them.

BBS Signature

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 16:07:00

At 3/23/20 08:16 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
How about you guys?
I only know that I always imagine @JosephStarr's posts being read with a Scottish accent and I have no idea why.

Me too, But instead of @JosephStarr its @leidolfr

This game sucks turkey dick!

Best Toon

Best Thread

BBS Signature

At 3/23/20 04:07 PM, Deity-Donkus wrote:
At 3/23/20 08:16 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: I only know that I always imagine @JosephStarr's posts being read with a Scottish accent and I have no idea why.
Me too, But instead of @JosephStarr its @leidolfr

I always read Joey's poasts in the voice of Paul, Eminem's manager in his skits.

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 19:26:26

How about you guys?

I think by default I hear a sort of normal regular voice. Maybe slightly younger like late teens or something. Unless someone specifically mentions a specific voice like the robotic microsoft Sam stuff, or a popular character voice like King from wand of gamelon. I'll read whatever in a character's voice in my head if its obvious its that voice.

Master of questionable life choices

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 19:29:32

At 3/23/20 07:26 PM, MinatoArisato wrote: King from wand of gamelon

I just mentally read your entire reply in that voice and it made me giggle.

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 19:33:59

a regular upbeat version of my customer service voice unless it is a highly negative post.

BBS Signature

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 19:39:22

At 3/23/20 07:29 PM, SethSkoda wrote:
At 3/23/20 07:26 PM, MinatoArisato wrote: King from wand of gamelon
I just mentally read your entire reply in that voice and it made me giggle.

And now I have as well lol XD

Master of questionable life choices

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-23 19:40:30

At 3/23/20 03:47 PM, GameBalance wrote: Never thought about this. But I think I have some kind of voices in Russian, not too sure. But in English I am not hearing a voice. Only hear words when typing them.

iu_103702_4845136.gif

In English, those are called keys. It's the keys on the keyboard you're hearing.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-24 05:18:16

Unlike cocksucker Popeye, I’m not a punk-ass bitch and fully fucking embrace my goddamn sailor fucking mouth.

BBS Signature

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-25 13:30:20

At 3/25/20 01:23 PM, SethSkoda wrote: I imitated a few users in a nice audio shitpoast
//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/920674
You're next, @TomFulp...

Submissions that come out of the general forum are always my favorite.

Also, do me.

Like do me, not my voice.

BBS Signature

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-25 13:40:53

well i read backwards so i don't hear any strange voices but i just hear my own inner voice and when i say backwards i mean from bottom to top but ill bottom or top for the right person

iu_104129_6605573.jpg

Response to The voices you hear when you read 2020-03-25 13:42:01

*insert super mario bros 2 overworld theme*