00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

3,670 Views | 50 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone! Hope you're managing to stay healthy and secure out there.

How is your day looking? Are you celebrating at home? Today I’ll be enjoying some Bill’s Best Fortress of Solitude, a local beer from Glenside, while testing Ruffle support on old St. Patrick’s Day Flash cartoons.

If you aren’t familiar, Ruffle is an open-source, in-browser Flash emulator created by @Mike. A whole bunch of people are helping with development now and you can sponsor the project on Github.

We added Ruffle support to Newgrounds earlier this year and have been enabling it on a growing number of entries as it continues to get updated. The long-term goal is to run ALL Flash content via Ruffle, at which point you won’t need any external Flash players and the traditional security concerns that come with Flash will be a thing of the past.

Newgrounds is an important historical archive containing over 20 years of user content but it’s also growing every day with wonderful new works by the community! Take some time today to enjoy what's on the front page.

Double XP

To spice things up during the global coronavirus shutdown, we’re offering Double XP today through Sunday, March 29th. This means you can log 20 XP per day by voting on at least ten entries.

Supporter Gifting

You’re also welcome to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and Support the site by gifting Supporter upgrades to people you appreciate here on NG! Look for the red gift button next to the usernames of people who aren’t currently Supporters.

2PM EST Site Update

Expect some downtime this afternoon as we deploy a big software and hardware update. There won’t be any visible difference afterwards other than the site running even better. No one has to worry about @Luis spilling beer on the servers this time because he’s quarantined downtown.

iu_101879_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-17 10:37:27

Thanks Tom! Stay safe everyone!

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-17 10:48:19 (edited 2020-03-17 10:55:13)

Happy St. Patrick's from your friends at ClockCrew.net!

edit: Oh my god, Tom, I didn't realize you linked my old Flash from '09! For what it's worth, the new one uses a different MIDI <3

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-17 10:58:00

Happy Paddy's Day all!!

Come on down to Fulpstation, baby

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-17 11:30:20

Double XP is much appreciated. Once I hit level 60, I can use my powers for good and put an end to this crisis.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-17 11:32:11

Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona do chách, agus fan sláintiúil!

My gym was still open today, but for how long is anyone's guess...

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-17 11:51:14

At 3/17/20 10:20 AM, TomFulp wrote: No one has to worry about @Luis spilling beer on the servers this time because he’s quarantined downtown.

Did they make sure to take all his booze so he doesn't start wandering the earth?

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-17 11:53:55

Happy St. Patrick‘s Day!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-17 12:15:43

Happy St. Patrick’s Day y'all!

NG handling this thing the best possible way. Party away the fray.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-17 13:03:37

20 xp till the 29th, oh tom your spoiling us, stay safe and happy st patricks day!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-17 13:47:37

At 3/17/20 10:20 AM, TomFulp wrote: Today I’ll be enjoying some Bill’s Best Fortress of Solitude, a local beer from Glenside

Aptly named beer.

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-17 15:24:28

Awesome to see Ruffle coming along! Just became a sponsor, can't wait to see where it goes. I've spent so much time on this site, glad to see that preservation efforts are being made.

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-17 15:44:24

Everybody wear green! Hurry!

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-17 17:17:08

Ruffle sounds fascinating. Glad there's ongoing work to help preserve the countless flash animations and games that the internet offers! I also like the idea of double experience points!! Too bad the 29th is the last day. Oh well.

- CM154

At 3/17/20 10:20 AM, TomFulp wrote: Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone! Hope you're managing to stay healthy and secure out there.

How is your day looking? Are you celebrating at home? Today I’ll be enjoying some Bill’s Best Fortress of Solitude, a local beer from Glenside, while testing Ruffle support on old St. Patrick’s Day Flash cartoons.

If you aren’t familiar, Ruffle is an open-source, in-browser Flash emulator created by @Mike. A whole bunch of people are helping with development now and you can sponsor the project on Github.

We added Ruffle support to Newgrounds earlier this year and have been enabling it on a growing number of entries as it continues to get updated. The long-term goal is to run ALL Flash content via Ruffle, at which point you won’t need any external Flash players and the traditional security concerns that come with Flash will be a thing of the past.

Newgrounds is an important historical archive containing over 20 years of user content but it’s also growing every day with wonderful new works by the community! Take some time today to enjoy what's on the front page.

Double XP

To spice things up during the global coronavirus shutdown, we’re offering Double XP today through Sunday, March 29th. This means you can log 20 XP per day by voting on at least ten entries.

Supporter Gifting

You’re also welcome to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and Support the site by gifting Supporter upgrades to people you appreciate here on NG! Look for the red gift button next to the usernames of people who aren’t currently Supporters.

2PM EST Site Update

Expect some downtime this afternoon as we deploy a big software and hardware update. There won’t be any visible difference afterwards other than the site running even better. No one has to worry about @Luis spilling beer on the servers this time because he’s quarantined downtown.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-17 23:23:02

And Happy Birthday to me

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 00:39:03

Nice! I always love checking out local beers. Gonna bank on those double XP points too, especially since I started putting effort into leveling up once again. Finally, you guys are doing a truly great thing with Ruffle, thank you.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 00:56:36 (edited 2020-03-18 00:57:05)

I'm pretty awful, NG fam. At the end of last month, I was told I had to move out which wasn't all that bad on its own, but then this stupid pandemic happened and since I work at a restaurant, my hours are either critically reduced or I might lose my job (waiting for manager's plan). I'm also not loaded and have to ask my parents for financial assistance (for living but also later for tuition) and it's all just nerve-wracking. All of it piling up in the worst way possible....

Damn it....

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 00:56:46

Happy St. Patricks day ! from chicago!

WE all love new grounds content!

iu_102092_6870617.gifiu_102089_6870617.gifiu_102090_6870617.gifiu_102091_6870617.gifiu_102093_6870617.jpgiu_102094_6870617.jpgiu_102095_6870617.jpgiu_102096_6870617.jpgBetter wear your green or you will be pinched..And around here that means everything!iu_102097_6870617.jpgiu_102098_6870617.jpg

I hope you enjoyed these pictures from chicago all happy to be alive with you all ! except for that last person lol

From redeyes to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 00:57:43

At 3/17/20 11:23 PM, Viper wrote: And Happy Birthday to me

Oh you better not have your birthday on a holiday that is iilgeal where I am from!

From redeyes to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 00:58:44

At 3/17/20 06:10 PM, Zymbot wrote: I'm marathoning Leprechaun movies while drinking my Jameson.

Now it's Leprechaun 2.

check out new leperchaun movie made in 2019 it has the grand childern fromt the first one and big guy who ate coin !

From redeyes to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 01:00:40

At 3/17/20 05:47 PM, Quisty wrote: I am having one Irish whiskey drink once the baby is sleeping lol

It's Mario oddessey for me tonight

Let the baby play mario and learn how to play while you play newground games lol the only mario game I could really play was smash bros and racing and party the adventure stuff was a bit boring and i beat alot of the mario adventure games to feel safe to say.

From redeyes to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 01:03:12

At 3/17/20 03:44 PM, EpithetSoup wrote: Everybody wear green! Hurry!

iu_102099_6870617.jpg

Or we willl pinch you! heheheh lol

From redeyes to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 01:04:24

At 3/17/20 11:58 AM, Zymbot wrote: I got a flask full of Jameson, and there's more where that come from.

cool flask

From redeyes to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 01:06:11

At 3/17/20 12:15 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Happy St. Patrick’s Day y'all!

NG handling this thing the best possible way. Party away the fray.

iu_102100_6870617.gifWhat? Yeah ok more drink! :) lol I actually share same problem as archer from show tendanidus it sucks lol thunder storms in apartment building high up can get deafing.

From redeyes to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 01:07:48

At 3/17/20 11:51 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 3/17/20 10:20 AM, TomFulp wrote: No one has to worry about @Luis spilling beer on the servers this time because he’s quarantined downtown.
Did they make sure to take all his booze so he doesn't start wandering the earth?

No we need to stock pile booze,ciggerates, and weed if legal there oh yeah and tolite paper! We will come to you @DammedByFate and be sure to use your stores first k buddy thanks for sharing with us !

From redeyes to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 01:12:51

At 3/18/20 12:56 AM, HipnikDragomir wrote: I'm pretty awful, NG fam. At the end of last month, I was told I had to move out which wasn't all that bad on its own, but then this stupid pandemic happened and since I work at a restaurant, my hours are either critically reduced or I might lose my job (waiting for manager's plan). I'm also not loaded and have to ask my parents for financial assistance (for living but also later for tuition) and it's all just nerve-wracking. All of it piling up in the worst way possible....
Damn it....

If you have a small family buisness you should apply for government help if your running something nation wide forget about wating for help on that ... Seems like they aspected them to be prepared in this situation even though this is something new the world is facing even if its a old virus this is a new epidemic for the human race so how could they been prepared without being told? IDK but I guess they wanna make sure clothing,grocery stores, hospitals , and small family side buisness before fast food restraunts. If they even do help them which I hope they do I hope they can help every one even if its a hard belief ?

From redeyes to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 01:41:45

Awesome! It's nice to finally read about some positive news for once

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 03:20:09 (edited 2020-03-18 03:20:39)

At 3/18/20 01:12 AM, RedeyestheSecound wrote: If you have a small family buisness you should apply for government help if your running something nation wide forget about wating for help on that ... Seems like they aspected them to be prepared in this situation even though this is something new the world is facing even if its a old virus this is a new epidemic for the human race so how could they been prepared without being told? IDK but I guess they wanna make sure clothing,grocery stores, hospitals , and small family side buisness before fast food restraunts. If they even do help them which I hope they do I hope they can help every one even if its a hard belief ?

It's a really mixed bag depending on the person. I'm a punk college-goer and just got really unlucky with everything considered. My parents can help so I'll be okay, but being in the middle of it is painful. It's part of the "sacrifice few for the many" which I understand.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 03:47:33

Would ruffle taking away flash player security risks mean python script kids couldn't hack flash based medal systems like the old days, which would effectively improve the medal system security as well as other stuff?

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2020-03-18 05:53:53

At 3/18/20 01:06 AM, RedeyestheSecound wrote: What? Yeah ok more drink! :) lol I actually share same problem as archer from show tendanidus it sucks lol thunder storms in apartment building high up can get deafing.

They'd better soundproof those rooms. :) Useful for party purposes too.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature