00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Desperately searching for a movie

214 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I vividly remember watching this flash animation many years ago, and every now and then I get the urge to go on a hunt for it to no avail. Sometimes I consider the possibility that I actually dreamt it all up, so here's my last resort.

The art style was reminiscent of something like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, very clean and simple. It was about a robot boy/teenager that had the ability to time travel by pressing various buttons on his chest. His design was very Mega Man-like with big red boots, gauntlets, a torso with a clock symbol on the center and a partial helmet that revealed a completely human face. He had a human sister, a red head, of about the same age.

The scene I specifically remember involved him fighting a giant bulky robot -- think someone like Bane. He's pinned down and about to get smashed before he begins to rapidly tap the buttons on his chest. After a brief slow-mo segment of the fist nearly reaching his face, we see him blink out of existence.

We get a time card of an alarm clock with a robotic head and a voice over of "6 weeks earlier". He reappears in his sister's room and calls out, "I need your help!" The sister, who was tapping away at her desk, looks briefly surprised before turning around with a smile as she replies, "What can I do for ya?"

We cut to another time card as we return to present day, moments before the robot boy was about to be punched, only to be saved by the intervention of his sister.

Aaaaand that's pretty much what I remember! It's crazy to think I can remember so much about it and not the title but that's exactly why it drives me insane when I can't for the life of me find any trace of it ever existing. If someone here could give me a miracle and figure out what this is, I will love you forever. <3

Response to Desperately searching for a movie 2020-03-11 17:38:39

Hrmm I'd try using search. Start here and click the advanced link to open the advanced search box. Try to search for various keywords and limit it down by date. If it's still published you should be able to find it.

Response to Desperately searching for a movie 2020-03-16 20:03:50

At 2/23/20 05:58 PM, Jayrious wrote: I vividly remember watching this flash animation many years ago, and every now and then I get the urge to go on a hunt for it to no avail. Sometimes I consider the possibility that I actually dreamt it all up, so here's my last resort.

The art style was reminiscent of something like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, very clean and simple. It was about a robot boy/teenager that had the ability to time travel by pressing various buttons on his chest. His design was very Mega Man-like with big red boots, gauntlets, a torso with a clock symbol on the center and a partial helmet that revealed a completely human face. He had a human sister, a red head, of about the same age.

The scene I specifically remember involved him fighting a giant bulky robot -- think someone like Bane. He's pinned down and about to get smashed before he begins to rapidly tap the buttons on his chest. After a brief slow-mo segment of the fist nearly reaching his face, we see him blink out of existence.

We get a time card of an alarm clock with a robotic head and a voice over of "6 weeks earlier". He reappears in his sister's room and calls out, "I need your help!" The sister, who was tapping away at her desk, looks briefly surprised before turning around with a smile as she replies, "What can I do for ya?"

We cut to another time card as we return to present day, moments before the robot boy was about to be punched, only to be saved by the intervention of his sister.

Aaaaand that's pretty much what I remember! It's crazy to think I can remember so much about it and not the title but that's exactly why it drives me insane when I can't for the life of me find any trace of it ever existing. If someone here could give me a miracle and figure out what this is, I will love you forever.

hello @Jayrious ! i think that the movie that you're looking for, (and judging by your description), could be ''Super Hero Clock'':

and this one:

this series features a superhero young man, who uses an alarm clock as his robotic transformation aid, and at one point he is rescued by his sister.

let me know if i've helped you at all...

cheers.