00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Making A Video Platform

1,213 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Making A Video Platform 2020-02-18 11:14:45

greetings so as you can tell from the title I am creating a video hosting site kind of like YouTube, many people wish there was a better alternative that gives creators more freedom, and actually listens to it's user base. I see this as on opportunity to tap into the market and create something big

currently I am looking for programmers of all types, along with anyone with graphic/web design experience to help with this project, If you are interested in working on a better alternative and have any experience in programming or graphic/web design please comment on this post or send me a message. so far we have a team of 5 developers and 2 designers, including me and one other person. Currently this project is not payed, however I do plan on compensating everyone when we become profitable.

on the topic of communication Discord is preferred, other means of communication are acceptable however.

For the site I plan on using the basics (HTML/CSS/JS), for the back-end I will possibly use Node.js but I'm also considering Php and Python

And I am familiar with other websites like Vlare and Bitchute but, I plan on doing things a little bit different. I'll explain in Dm's

Response to Making A Video Platform 2020-03-11 18:24:41

In fact it should be interesting

Response to Making A Video Platform 2020-06-13 23:25:28

This isn't satire?

Lol....

No. No one is interested in investing actual skill into your pipe dream of killing YouTube.

Incidentally, if you did become profitable (which you absolutely will never even come close to doing) do you plan on compensating the developers FAR MORE than yourself? Or do you see yourself as some kind of valuable managing contributor who deserves more money than the people with actual skills that put in actual work?

Crap. I took the bait. I'm sure this is satire and I bit.

= + ^ e * i pi 1 0

Response to Making A Video Platform 2020-06-15 11:10:55 (edited 2020-06-15 11:22:48)

I heard of your site.

Would that be FiyahTV?

It looks like it will be a very platform for independent animation.

I hope your site becomes very successful.

Response to Making A Video Platform 2020-06-19 02:15:21

At 6/13/20 11:25 PM, sharpnova wrote: Crap. I took the bait. I'm sure this is satire and I bit.

Yeah how dare you bite. C'mon, man. You're from '05. You've been around the block. You've got the inside scoops on the happenings, as the kids say.

It's basically "I'll write 2-minute ideas and you fucks do the months of hard work." But less passionate and no real blueprint or plan. (Right, Zodiac? Prove me wrong.)

Fool! Some genius you are.

At 6/15/20 11:10 AM, PowerRangerYELLOW wrote: It looks like it will be a very platform for independent animation.

Hey you I remember you you're that yellow Power Ranger that shot up schools! Sah dude.

"It's sad. All these kids have to do school at home. Homeschooling. How long until a teacher fucks one of her students?" - Mark Normand

Response to Making A Video Platform 2020-07-01 17:41:13

At 6/19/20 02:15 AM, numbers wrote:
At 6/13/20 11:25 PM, sharpnova wrote: Crap. I took the bait. I'm sure this is satire and I bit.
Yeah how dare you bite. C'mon, man. You're from '05. You've been around the block. You've got the inside scoops on the happenings, as the kids say.

It's basically "I'll write 2-minute ideas and you fucks do the months of hard work." But less passionate and no real blueprint or plan. (Right, Zodiac? Prove me wrong.)

Fool! Some genius you are.

not really, It was more so finding coders to give their professional opinions about how I should go about this project, like figuring out which coding languages I should invest in and figuring out how to implement the main feature for the site. As of now I'm working on the site as a solo project in my own free time with some assistance from a couple of people from the dev team. As of right now me and the other 3 people on our team are currently setting up a new dev group to work on collaborative projects for fun

Response to Making A Video Platform 2020-07-01 22:30:08

At 7/1/20 05:41 PM, Zodiacthemaniac wrote: not really, It was more so finding coders to give their professional opinions about how I should go about this project, like figuring out which coding languages I should invest in and figuring out how to implement the main feature for the site. As of now I'm working on the site as a solo project in my own free time with some assistance from a couple of people from the dev team. As of right now me and the other 3 people on our team are currently setting up a new dev group to work on collaborative projects for fun

That's brilliant, then. Why didn't you start off with "I'd like some professional coders' opinions about this project I'm working on", and then go into details?

You mentioned Python in your first post. Nothing wrong with that. Michael Reeves made a surgery robot using Python. Starting there's a good option.

I hope your project works out though. All the best.

"It's sad. All these kids have to do school at home. Homeschooling. How long until a teacher fucks one of her students?" - Mark Normand

Response to Making A Video Platform 2020-08-09 16:44:27

At 7/1/20 10:30 PM, numbers wrote:
At 7/1/20 05:41 PM, Zodiacthemaniac wrote: not really, It was more so finding coders to give their professional opinions about how I should go about this project, like figuring out which coding languages I should invest in and figuring out how to implement the main feature for the site. As of now I'm working on the site as a solo project in my own free time with some assistance from a couple of people from the dev team. As of right now me and the other 3 people on our team are currently setting up a new dev group to work on collaborative projects for fun
That's brilliant, then. Why didn't you start off with "I'd like some professional coders' opinions about this project I'm working on", and then go into details?

You mentioned Python in your first post. Nothing wrong with that. Michael Reeves made a surgery robot using Python. Starting there's a good option.

I hope your project works out though. All the best.

I'm not sure if you'd be able to help me but, do you by any chance know someone who works with Docker files?