00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

If you were murdered....

430 Views | 19 Replies

If you were murdered.... 2020-02-16 17:23:37

Well, it's hard to fit this in the subject line, so I hope that wasn't misleading. I tried, but I have a serious, sincere question. Everytime I see some news report from the courthouse or some news magazine show recapping the events of a murder trial, etc, it always seems like the victims families say the same thing, "I forgive you because that's what <instert person here> would have wanted." Like there was the father of Heather Heyer, one of the parents of a person murdered by Dylann Roof, a few other people I don't have time to name.

Seriously, who the fuck would actually want their family to forgive their killer except for maybe the Bible thumping, Ned Flanders types out there? Any and everyone reading this, as weird as it sounds, be honest: Would you want your family to forgive your killer if such a thing ever happened? I know it's a random, weird question, but that's why the internet's so magical.

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-16 17:36:29

At 2/16/20 05:35 PM, KingSalmon wrote: i mean he just killed a neckbeard who stays in his room all day whacking to weird shit so i'd say yeah

Well, you have the right to feel that way. Even if I was a weird neckbeard I'd still want my loved ones to avenge my death and takeout the person who murdered me with extreme prejudice.

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-16 17:37:33

Personally, I would hope that at least one person I was close to would go on a revenge mission to take out whoever did me in.

Ya know, that'd be a fun will. "I leave the entirety of my record and VHS collections to whoever tracks down and murders my killer"

Sounds almost like a Tarantino movie concept.

RedSnake's the name, out of character and gae is the game.

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-16 20:07:03

I would hope that someone in my family would shank my murderer instead

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-16 21:34:12

If I was murdered, I'd want someone to play this at my funeral:

derp

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-16 21:37:00

I dunno how they'd be...

That said, I kinda think that forgiving stuff is about taking a step forward, choosing not to be angry but to remember their loved one without that stain.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-17 04:44:26 (edited 2020-02-17 04:44:35)

My family can be spiteful mother fuckers, so if they forgive my killer, I'd be insulted.

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-17 06:17:22

I'd want my family to thank him for ending my misery.

BBS Signature

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-17 07:06:42

At 2/16/20 05:23 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote: Seriously, who the fuck would actually want their family to forgive their killer except for maybe the Bible thumping, Ned Flanders types out there?

They're reading the wrong bible then.

And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Ezekiel 21:23-25

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-17 08:03:31

Totally irreligious here

I would want my family to forgive my killer, yes, presuming that the justice system had convicted them.

"Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and hoping someone else gets sick." My relatives and loved ones would be happier if they could find it in their hearts to forgive them rather than to hate them. I would want my relatives and loved ones to be as happy as possible in my absence, and them being mad at my killer would not help them be happy.

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-17 08:17:37

I'd demand my remains be made into some manner of cursed reliquary and sent to the killer to give me the best chance of haunting the fuck out of them.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-17 08:28:17

At 2/16/20 10:03 PM, JustAnEggWithHair wrote: The idea of forgiving people loses its meaning if you go around forgiving everyone for everything, even if they don't deserve it. It all depends on the context of my murder. If we are talking about someone blowing my brains out for no reason or over a mugging gone bad (something along those lines) then no, I wouldn't want them to forgive the person. I would want them to do everything in their power to ruin that person's life beyond repair or even take them out.

You bring up a good point. I suppose if it was a complete accident or something there's some leeway there. But if it was cold blooded and heartless, yeah, fuck them.

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-17 11:13:27

At 2/16/20 05:23 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote: Any and everyone reading this, as weird as it sounds, be honest: Would you want your family to forgive your killer if such a thing ever happened?

Not only that, I'd want them to give him beer and help him get away.

At 2/17/20 07:06 AM, satanbrain wrote: They're reading the wrong bible then.

And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Ezekiel 21:23-25

Ezekiel was very clearly written under the influence of at least alcohol, if not something harder.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-17 15:27:07

Skyler Neese's dad breaks tradition with "burn in hell." I hope that brightened your day.

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-17 15:53:17

At 2/17/20 03:32 PM, Funky-the-Clown wrote: This is my first ever reply on newgrounds. You should be honoured

I am. Slightly at least.

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-18 00:56:29

At 2/17/20 08:03 AM, Earfetish wrote: "Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and hoping someone else gets sick." My relatives and loved ones would be happier if they could find it in their hearts to forgive them rather than to hate them.

Bingo. Wanting revenge is a bad mental state to be in. And forgiveness isn't saying "what you did is OK;" it's saying "I'm not going to be angry about what you did."

I'd want my family to forgive my killer--not for my sake, but for their own sake. I mean I'd be dead anyway; it's more important that they can live happily, without having their lives derailed by hatred & bloodlust.

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-18 06:19:42

At 2/17/20 03:32 PM, Funky-the-Clown wrote: This is my first ever reply on newgrounds. You should be honoured

Welcome, and don't eat anything anyone offers you.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-18 12:53:23

Nah,i'd want them to be flayed alive and then left in public like that.No mercy.

BBS Signature

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-18 13:05:32

At 2/18/20 12:58 PM, SethSkoda wrote:
At 2/18/20 12:53 PM, phenorax wrote: Nah,i'd want them to be flayed alive and then left in public like that.No mercy.
NO MERCY!
No mercy!
NO MERCY ON YOUR SOUL!

Kill by any means necessary
Win by any means necessary
Live by any means necessary
Die by any means necessary

I am out to kill
Judge and condemn
I am out to win
Slay and maim them
I am out live
Fight for glory
I am born to diiiiiiiieeeeee!

Is that Triple H's theme song?Because it has that WWE feel to it.

I raise you one too:

BBS Signature

Response to If you were murdered.... 2020-02-18 13:32:50

Would I even care?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature