00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Happy Valentines Day

245 Views | 6 Replies

Happy Valentines Day 2020-02-14 20:10:10

Politicians tend to use religion to their advantage in many situations, however logic laughs at religion.

So let me disprove, or alternatively for those of you that are more stubborn, entirely change your opinion towards religions.

Lets assume Heaven is an actual place. People would logically have equal rights despite their conflicting beliefs in it, leading to major problems. Example: Person A: Likes hunting, Person B: Disapproves of guns, Person C: Disapproves of hunting as a sport. They have to co-exist in peace, unless, alternatively, Heaven were a very empty place with tumbleweeds rolling by. Person D: Happens to be Cuban, and liked to eat Fidel Castro's favorite food on earth, so they will take their habit in Heaven. Peoples varying personalities will lead to endless conflict.

People aren't different in Heaven than they were on Earth. You bring all your tastes and complaints there, with lack of a system burying some of those personalities and alternatively glorifying/pushing others to the top depending on the Country, or Economic/Political System (Think Capitalism/Communism and its differences).

Person A is in love with Person B, but Person B likes Person C, which will ultimately lead to misery in Heaven.

Happy Valentines Day.

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Valentines Day 2020-02-14 21:33:27

Y'know, you could've just said happy Valentines day instead of posting this nonsense. If you're gonna get upset at Religion, at least post viable criticism rather than make a bunch of non sequiturs. It's the easiest thing to debunk, because they're non sequiturs: when people die they in fact don't maintain their same attachments and opinions after death.

Your entire argument has been debunked.

We're making up the rules as we go, so it's not exactly hard to just say "Nuh-uh!" and treat it as a sound argument.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Happy Valentines Day 2020-02-15 00:09:13

At 2/14/20 09:33 PM, Gario wrote: Y'know, you could've just said happy Valentines day instead of posting this nonsense. If you're gonna get upset at Religion, at least post viable criticism rather than make a bunch of non sequiturs. It's the easiest thing to debunk, because they're non sequiturs: when people die they in fact don't maintain their same attachments and opinions after death.

Your entire argument has been debunked.

We're making up the rules as we go, so it's not exactly hard to just say "Nuh-uh!" and treat it as a sound argument.

Are you saying people have no personality in heaven? They wouldn't be human then... They'd be like robots.

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Valentines Day 2020-02-15 00:34:15

At 2/15/20 12:09 AM, Belthagor wrote:
Are you saying people have no personality in heaven? They wouldn't be human then... They'd be like robots.

Y'know saying people will can have different concerns when they die doesn't mean they become inhuman or robots, right? Your dichotomy makes no sense.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Happy Valentines Day 2020-02-15 08:16:44 (edited 2020-02-15 08:17:43)

At 2/14/20 08:10 PM, Belthagor wrote: Politicians tend to use religion to their advantage in many situations, however logic laughs at religion.

So let me disprove, or alternatively for those of you that are more stubborn, entirely change your opinion towards religions.

Lets assume Heaven is an actual place. People would logically have equal rights despite their conflicting beliefs in it, leading to major problems. Example: Person A: Likes hunting, Person B: Disapproves of guns, Person C: Disapproves of hunting as a sport. They have to co-exist in peace, unless, alternatively, Heaven were a very empty place with tumbleweeds rolling by. Person D: Happens to be Cuban, and liked to eat Fidel Castro's favorite food on earth, so they will take their habit in Heaven. Peoples varying personalities will lead to endless conflict.

People aren't different in Heaven than they were on Earth. You bring all your tastes and complaints there, with lack of a system burying some of those personalities and alternatively glorifying/pushing others to the top depending on the Country, or Economic/Political System (Think Capitalism/Communism and its differences).

Person A is in love with Person B, but Person B likes Person C, which will ultimately lead to misery in Heaven.

Happy Valentines Day.

2010 called.They want your opinions back.Plus,you forget that,THAT is YOUR version of Heaven.So this is nothing more than a bunch of What-Ifs.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Valentines Day 2020-02-15 11:28:39

Western media has descended to the level of Soviet media, pre-Glasnost, except the American people largely still drink from that poisoned well, thinking it provides "news."

Response to Happy Valentines Day 2020-02-15 20:29:49 (edited 2020-02-15 20:46:45)

Ok?

You know that people who do not fit within the moral code of ethics in heaven are sent to hell right? I think heaven is also supposed to be managed by a council of archangels, or something along those lines.

Well I agree that politicians use religion as a tool. Religion seems to have only ever been a tool. Especially post-vatican 664AD era holy shit . Origins of religion (the uses of holy buildings) were as facilities like a great college and a hospital all in one. Original mosque qiblas pointed to Petra, which was a great place of trade during Phoenician time.

Basically... Original "religion" had little to do with 'worship'.

The corporatisation of religious holidays is disgusting at this point. The moral meaning and significance of these festivals have been lost completely to stupid shit like political correctness and zany pressure-selling.