00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 194 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Your favorite artist/band now?

368 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-07 15:22:34

Hey guys,

What's your favorite artist/band right now, who's tracks/songs you actually listen many times? Like some tracks over 20 times, maybe? And the question about fresh releases 0-2 year old.

I guess I don't even have one at this time.

Please also mention genre of the music.

BBS Signature

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-07 21:58:33

I don't keep track of play counts, but my favorite bands lately have been Alestorm and Anaal Nathrakh, the latter of which I listen to when I'm kinda pissed off.

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-08 03:17:18

At 2/7/20 09:58 PM, SethSkoda wrote: I don't keep track of play counts, but my favorite bands lately have been Alestorm and Anaal Nathrakh, the latter of which I listen to when I'm kinda pissed off.

I am not into metal much, but I turned Anaal Nathrakh "A New Kind of Horror" just for a little check and could not stop. Really good stuff. But I would not listen it more than 1-2 times.

BBS Signature

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-08 10:04:18

Akiko Shikata and Kokia. That's been the case with me for the last decade.

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-08 20:22:01

I'm currently on a Cancer Bats binge.

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-09 13:46:54

• Igorrr
  • Clark
  • Oneohtrix Point Never
  • Jay Reatard
  • John Maus
  • Machine Girl
  • Scorn
  • Jesu
  • Colin Stetson
  • Moondog
  • Lorn
  • Lightning Bolt
  • Black Pus
  • Coil
  • James Ferraro
  • Time Hecker
  • Ben Frost
  • William Basinski
  • Paul Corley
  • Julien Marchel
  • Max Richter
  • Olafur Arnalds
  • Nils Frahm
  • Alva Noto
  • Susumu Yokota
  • Sun O)))
  • Plaid
  • Luke Vibert
  • Andy Stott
  • Jon Hopkins

And a whole lot of others, no particular songs though.

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be on Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-09 18:55:34

Reol/REOL. I've gone full weeb and started listening to a lot of Japanese electronica. I really enjoy the melodic sound of the voice itself, rather than focusing on the lyrics too much. It helps when I'm working.

I don't really enjoy English vocals as much as I used to, I'm very picky on the sound of their voice, certain inflections irritate me.

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-09 23:18:09

Las Marsys, David Demelo, Jose Malhoa. In general with Portuguese music, it's hard to find a favorite.

At 2/7/20 09:58 PM, SethSkoda wrote: I don't keep track of play counts, but my favorite bands lately have been Alestorm and Anaal Nathrakh, the latter of which I listen to when I'm kinda pissed off.

Same, guess It's not the best way to listen to stuff when I'm mainly just trying to drown the outside noise.

On Newgrounds it's cYsmix. Though only 2 or 3 that I regularly listen to. (Barbaroque, House With Legs, Moonilght Sonata). Genre can be described as House

Based on the most plays would be Nhato. Does lots of genres but mostly like Trance

For band It's Mastodon, any album I can get my grimy little hands on I can't get enough of them. Genre is Metal. Their new Ep "Cold Dark Place", a four track album is something I've been listening to often.

BBS Signature

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-10 13:07:04

No one right now but it was The Pillows

My favorite tracks from them is Borderline case, Climbing on the roof (I think that's what it's called), Star overhead, Spiky seeds

My favorite album from them is Little Buster's, Runers High, Happy bivouac, etc.

They inspired me to try and make Rock

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-10 20:55:42

Robbie Robertson

Hildur Guðnadóttir

Bambu

Run The Jewel

Sole & DJ Pain 1

These folks inspire my music

Not one specific favorite but, I've been getting into listening to Tipling Rock (Alternative/Indie), BohemianVoodoo (Jazz), Eldrim (Viking/ Medieval/ folk), and Covet (Math rock), and Joji (R&B). I listen to each artist/group at least once a week.

I've really been enjoying speed metal lately. It's not a particularly active scene. Certainly not fresh, mostly being 80s and 90s.

Here's what I've been liking most recently.

Also Foals were one of my most listened to bands for ages. They recently released this song with a neat video, animated in a style similar to CupHead. Apparently it was also on an iTunes ad or something. Meh.

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-11 05:18:58

Ooooh boy do I have a lot to say.

Big fan of music, and I have been trying to find new genres in the last years.

Here's some that haven't been mentioned:

Guerilla Toss (albums: Twisted Crystal, GT ultra, What do the odd do?) - Pop, psychadelic, funk

Talkshow Boy (albums: Testosterone!)- pop, rock, punk

The Bambi Molesters (albums:  In Sonic Bullets; 13 From The Hip)- Surf rock

Jay Reatard (albums: Blood Visions)- punk, screamo)

Crying (albums: Get Olde: second wind,)- Chipotune

Hop Along (Albums: Bark your head off, dog)- folk

The Unicorns (Albums: Who Will cut our hair when were gone?)- rock

Shadrow (Water Kerfuffalo)-???

Lemon Demon

I'm gonna cringe at this in the next week, but oh well.

Don't judge.

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-11 10:41:21

Perseraiskaus (Assrape in English)

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-11 11:35:36

my favorite artist/band is nickelback.. i'm kidding let's reveal my favorite artist/band is travis scott and Tyler the create shit.. what a idiot

iu_92997_7383356.jpg

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-11 20:18:23

BBS Signature

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-12 01:28:56

Right now, I am SUPER into two artists who are actually friends of mine. One is Shrimp Olympics, he plays jazzy psychedelic rock. Just released his new album Danish Breakfast Sunday and it is COOL!

Other than that, I've also really been digging another buddy of mine, Slugbug. He makes funky New Wave tunes, and has a new album coming out this year!

If I'm online, I'm probably procrastinating something...

BBS Signature

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-12 10:44:10

ADJY is a fantastic math rock band. Been loving their first EP so much lately.

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-12 10:53:53

Currently been into a lot of Iron Maiden, thought I'd give it a listen after I heard Run To The Hills and Prowler

BBS Signature

Ghostemane.

SoundCloud | Twitter | Tumblr | Discord: FAUN#0001 |

BBS Signature

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-12 20:25:26

At 2/7/20 03:22 PM, GameBalance wrote: Hey guys,
What's your favorite artist/band right now, who's tracks/songs you actually listen many times? Like some tracks over 20 times, maybe? And the question about fresh releases 0-2 year old.

To be honest, it will always be Linkin Park.

My whole life I have tried to become the favorite. For my friends and family, for my community. I’ve worked countless hours to make my music something worthwhile, and yet it goes nowhere. People individually tell me I’m talented, but I’ve been at this for over 15 years now.

Ive uploaded over a hundred tracks in my time. And not just rapid-fire throw-out bs. Over a hundred tracks, no less than 3-15 hours a piece. My heart and soul. My whole essence as a musician. 94 of them currently reside here on Newgrounds within my profile. But a lack of feedback during that time leads me to believe I should just give up.

When do you pull the plug on your dreams? Asking for a friend.

in the words of the immortal Linkin Park: I’ve tried so hard, I got so far, but in the end- it doesn’t even matter.

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-12 22:37:05

I'm developing a new appreciation for Green Day's album, Warning. I didn't like it much as a kid, maybe a few songs I listened to because my CD options were limited back then. Since grabbing it off Spotify I've given it several listens all the way through and it's pretty enjoyable. Very different to their work prior, but in a refreshing way.

Can't say I'd give any of their newer stuff the time of day based in what I've listened to on the radio over the years. This album is just nice, and I'll say it's my favorite album this week.

Been listening to a lot Worthikids' music lately, really amazing stuff. He also animates but his music is really something I've never heard before and everything about it seems so inspired. Really hopes he releases another album soon because I love his style.

His album Bikini Bottom vvv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmcLgpC730A&t=273s

real smooth, like butter, I talk, and I stutter, uh, yea

Help

BBS Signature

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-14 02:03:53

At 2/12/20 08:25 PM, NeoAlchemist247 wrote: Ive uploaded over a hundred tracks in my time. And not just rapid-fire throw-out bs. Over a hundred tracks, no less than 3-15 hours a piece. My heart and soul. My whole essence as a musician. 94 of them currently reside here on Newgrounds within my profile. But a lack of feedback during that time leads me to believe I should just give up.

When do you pull the plug on your dreams? Asking for a friend.

If you create music to try and get recognition, you create music for the wrong reasons friend.

SoundCloud | Twitter | Tumblr | Discord: FAUN#0001 |

BBS Signature

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-14 04:45:14

Hm... Off the top of my head, Nirvana (listening to at the time of writing), Escape the Fate, Celldweller, The Birthday Massacre, Ghost, and Glass Animals are absolute favorites of mine. I've also been revisiting Megadeth and Five Finger Death Punch lately, and adding more of their songs (as well as some more Hollywood Undead) to my daily playlist. I just love me some rock, metal, and other stuff, I guess, heh.

BBS Signature

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-14 04:55:58

At 2/7/20 03:22 PM, GameBalance wrote: Hey guys,

I listen to basically anything (except pop) Some of my favorite bands are Queen, Pavement, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, the Beatles, Cannibal Corpse, Slipknot, the Sex Pistols, the Clash, and Metallica

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-14 04:58:32

At 2/12/20 10:44 AM, BulrogtheSorcerer wrote: ADJY is a fantastic math rock band. Been loving their first EP so much lately.

What's math rock?

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-14 05:03:06

At 2/12/20 10:53 AM, SinfulSanative wrote: Currently been into a lot of Iron Maiden, thought I'd give it a listen after I heard Run To The Hills and Prowler

Nice!

iu_93630_7772115.gif

Response to Your favorite artist/band now? 2020-02-14 07:23:00

At 2/14/20 04:58 AM, Crunchy-Nugget wrote:
At 2/12/20 10:44 AM, BulrogtheSorcerer wrote: ADJY is a fantastic math rock band. Been loving their first EP so much lately.
What's math rock?

Tough question. There was a meme spreading a while ago that said "math rock is just emo jazz" and I think that's somewhat accurate but t's a little more diverse than that. It's typically melancholic, has a lot of tapping, and utilizes odd time signatures, but not always.

It'd be easier to just give examples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR8CwENcgEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ANzhPJZ2U0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFWVFu2ASbE