00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

"WISI Baby Hitler": Walkthrough

1,641 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

"WISI Baby Hitler": Walkthrough 2020-01-27 00:09:25

Walkthrough Thread for the game: "WHERE IN SPACE IS BABY HITLER".

I realized the game is a bit more difficult for players than I anticipated. The number of people to reach any of the endings is still in single digits, and nobody even reached the CREATOR ending.

There are 4 endings:

• NOBLE ENDING
  • REBORN ENDING
  • CREATOR ENDING
  • HITLER ENDING

I will post solution in this thread, but not all at once. I'll make a post for each section of the game (first section is the cage). The section will also contain solution for any medal achievable in that section.

So spoilers ahead!

Response to "WISI Baby Hitler": Walkthrough 2020-01-27 00:51:35

iu_88548_3303991.gif

SECTION 1: THE CAGE

SPOILERS AHEAD

Solution:

• Grab photo and bottle.
  • Look at the writing on the right wall.
  • Talk to the guard about your birthday.
  • After the cut scene, look around the room and grab all items on the floor (lighter, piece of cake, cake fork).
  • Use the cake fork on the tile.
  • Grab the gun.
  • Turn to the guards.
  • In quick succession, shoot the lamp and both guards.
  • Use lighter to turn on the light.
  • Use cake on lock.
  • Use lighter on lock.

Medals:

• If you eat the cake, you unlock Death by Alien medal.

Creator notes:

This is the first section of the game. I just imagined it would be cool to have a puzzle where you only rely on the gun for it to get solved, as in the first Baby Hitler game, you pretty much only used your gun.

I do like point-and-click adventure games and I got inspired mostly by the 90's adventure games from LucasArt. I try to not make every puzzle be "using an item on something". Also, the solution should make sense in the reality of the world, rather than having puzzles looked like someone designed a game on purpose for you to go through, like you would find a most escape room. I guess it'd be an open question as to why you would find a loaded gun within a jail cell. Well given that you're a professional hitman, it'd make sense that you would try to hide a weapon and plan some kind of escape. But somewhere along the way, you lost your memory (perhaps due to the beating the guards constantly unleashed on you), so things got a bit more complicated.

Anyway, hope you enjoy that first part. I'll post the solution to the maze sometimes during the week.

Cheers!

Response to "WISI Baby Hitler": Walkthrough 2020-01-27 07:49:41

Nice walkthough. Well there's a thread for this, where you put the walkthoughs such as your game, or you can create it in a newspost/ blog.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to "WISI Baby Hitler": Walkthrough 2020-01-27 08:24:25

At 1/27/20 07:49 AM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: Nice walkthough. Well there's a thread for this, where you put the walkthoughs such as your game, or you can create it in a newspost/ blog.

Thanks, I didn't know about that thread.

At 1/27/20 08:24 AM, jacklehamster wrote:
At 1/27/20 07:49 AM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: Nice walkthough. Well there's a thread for this, where you put the walkthoughs such as your game, or you can create it in a newspost/ blog.
Thanks, I didn't know about that thread.

Anytime now. Well some threads go to the bottom, when it is inactive.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to "WISI Baby Hitler": Walkthrough 2020-01-28 07:19:09

At 1/27/20 12:51 AM, jacklehamster wrote:

Solution:

Medals:

Creator notes:
This is the first section of the game. I just imagined it would be cool to have a puzzle where you only rely on the gun for it to get solved, as in the first Baby Hitler game, you pretty much only used your gun.
I do like point-and-click adventure games and I got inspired mostly by the 90's adventure games from LucasArt. I try to not make every puzzle be "using an item on something". Also, the solution should make sense in the reality of the world, rather than having puzzles looked like someone designed a game on purpose for you to go through, like you would find a most escape room. I guess it'd be an open question as to why you would find a loaded gun within a jail cell. Well given that you're a professional hitman, it'd make sense that you would try to hide a weapon and plan some kind of escape. But somewhere along the way, you lost your memory (perhaps due to the beating the guards constantly unleashed on you), so things got a bit more complicated.

Anyway, hope you enjoy that first part. I'll post the solution to the maze sometimes during the week.
Cheers!

got all of that on my playthrough just stuck at the robot now

BBS Signature

Response to "WISI Baby Hitler": Walkthrough 2020-01-28 15:35:26

At 1/28/20 07:19 AM, blyndid wrote:

Solution:

Medals:

Creator notes:

Cheers!

Yeah, I'll try to post the walkthrough on that this week. Meanwhile my hint is that you need the gun to get through.

SECTION 2: THE MAZE (BLUE/YELLOW WALLS SECTION)

iu_89026_3303991.gif

SPOILERS AHEAD

Solution:

• The first section of the maze leads to two areas.
  • The first door leads to the training area, where you just get to fight a slime and practice fighting on a dummy.
  • The next door leads in the next level.
  • Note that throughout the maze, most monsters reappear if you exit an area and come back. This is useful if you want to stack up on coins.
  • On the next level, you have access to various areas.
  • - The toilet:
  • - - where you can sit on it and get eaten by a monster. You should fill up the empty bottle at the water fountain.
  • - The vending machine:
  • - - You can buy a fruit that can fills up most of your health (3 coins), or a water bottle which can add extra health (1 coin). The fruit is gone after consumed, but the bottle can be refilled.
  • - The arcade machine:
  • - - Use coins to play. You should try to get a score higher than the lowest in the score table (around 10 kills). Keep note on the highest score on the "High score table". It's the combination of a code in the later level.
  • - - case you don't have patience with the mini game, you can shoot the machine with your gun to bust it, and it will flash the score table constantly. You can see the top score while it flashes.
  • The next level has yellow walls.
  • Go straight on the first corridor, you'll reach a map.
  • The big loop leads to an area where you can get a key, after beating the red slime. There's another map there so you can find your way back easily.
  • One door leads to a locker room. One locker is locked with a combination. You might recognize the symbol similar to the one found in the arcade machine. That's because the locker belongs to the player reaching the highest score, and that person used that score as the combination. While it's all in alien digits, the combination looks like the number "1906". From that locker, you get an access card.
  • The next level has the alien shop. You can buy various things from the alien, but you don't need to in order to continue.
  • At the next level, you will find several cages. The end of the long corridor shows a map. For any locked door, use the key that you found on the previous level. The side doors have monsters, chest, and cages for other prisoners.
  • In one of the cage, you will find a rope. Use the access card on the scanner to open the cage.
  • In another cage, you will find Yupa lying on the ground.
  • Use two bottles of water on him. If you don't have enough water, you can go back to the shop and buy one, or at the same level one of the enemies drops a bottle of water when defeated.
  • Talk to Yupa, introduce yourself.
  • Show Baby Hitler's photo to Yupa. He will follow you for the rest of your journey.
  • .When you keep going, the last door leads up to the purple floor. (see you next walkthrough)

Extra:

• Sit on the toilet and get eaten by a tentacle monster and unlock a medal

Creator notes:

This part of the game has an elaborate maze. I got inspired by the game "Phantasy Star" for the dungeon crawling part.

I really liked those dungeon crawling sections in Phantasy Star, especially that feeling when you suddenly see a monster appear. I can see why not everyone shares my opinion. I was playing at my cousins' who took the time to draw tons of maps with pencils. On paper, the dungeons look so simple while in the game, it was a goddamn maze, and all the walls looked exactly the same so it was hard to tell where you were.

To mitigate that, I put a few maps on the walls. I didn't want an interactive mini map like in most game, because I didn't want the player to just be looking at the mini map when going through the dungeons. Also, I added lights on the ceiling so that each area wouldn't always look the same. At the end, the dungeons are really straightforward, because the take you to one section to another pretty much linearly, but at first glance they might look daunting.

Noteworthy additions to this area is the arcade mini-game. It's pretty difficult to insert a game inside another game, but to me, shoot-em-up is the easiest kind of game to implement. So as a mini-game it was doable. The shoot-em-up part would also tie to a later part of the overall game.

The combat section took a while to implement, because I didn't really have a good idea on what to do. I was first thinking about the classic turn base combat, like in Phantasy Star where you select your action. But then I'd have to fill up the game with content such as magic, skill, etc... I also wanted the game to feel a little bit more dynamic. The combat system I came up with is similar to one in Prince of Persia's sword fighting. Basically you attack, and the opponent can block the attack and counter-attack, but you also have a chance to block. I never really understood exactly the strategy in Prince of Persia's duels but I just knew eventually, if you kept blocking then attacking, you could win. At some point, I wanted to add "skills" stats for combat, but that would be a lot of work. Instead, things like "critical hit" when life bar is low are included by default (That's why you do have more chance to kill the enemy when you're about to die!).

Adding Yupa was also an interesting challenge, because Yupa had to be there, but you can't really put Yupa in your inventory, that'd be weird. I also didn't want to dangle an extra UI element throughout the rest of the game. Instead, I opted for the part of having Yupa follow the player, and you would see him when you turn around (which does happen often in the maze.). That way, I could make the player feel like they have a friend on their journey, while not clobbering the UI so much.

See you next walkthrough, with more solutions and dev notes!

Response to "WISI Baby Hitler": Walkthrough 2020-01-30 23:32:05

SECTION 3: EXIT THE ALIEN BASE

iu_89613_3303991.gif

SPOILERS AHEAD

Solution:

At this point, you should have gotten Yupa. You go up the stairs and end up in the purple corridor.

There, you find only one enemy: That dreaded FEMBOT! No matter how much you shoot, she won't go down.

• During a battle, take out the gun and point at the fembot. She transforms into an indestructible ball.
  • Put the gun back into the bag and immediately kick the ball (just attack). She will fall into the hole.

Then the path is clear. You can go down the hole, but you'll fall to your death.

• Use the rope on the broken ladder.
  • Go down.
  • Go forward to the exit and open it using the access card, but don't go out.
  • Turn back towards Yupa.
  • Talk to Yupa about his super powers.
  • Give an empty bottle to Yupa, and insist that he liquifies and goes inside.
  • Keep walking forward towards the lab.
  • Put the bottle in the lab hole.
  • Ask Yupa to open the door.
  • Go inside the lab.
  • Shoot the glass with your gun.
  • As soon as the monster drops out, quickly turn back and go up the ceiling hole.
  • Look down the ceiling hole. Wait until the monster passes the rope.
  • Go down to the exit.
  • Go out and continue down to the space saucer.

What if I screwed up?

• In case you didn't open the front door before unleashing the creature, don't worry all is not lost:
  • After you go up the hole and look down, you'll notice the monster will keep going left and right pass the hole.
  • Just wait until the monster goes to the right side of the hole.
  • At that moment, you don't have much time. Go down the rope, go towards the front door and open it.
  • Go back to the ceiling hole and quickly go up. Then look down and wait for the pink monster to pass the hole. You can now go out.

Extras:

• Jump down the hole without a rope to get a deadly landing.
  • After putting Yupa in a bottle, drink that bottle to create a Yupa mess!
  • Nonchalantly go out of the base without freeing the lab monster, in the middle of the guards.

Dev notes:

Finally we're out of the dungeon. I was quite relieved to finish this section, and decided the game would not have anymore convoluted mazes. I kinda wanted to focus the rest of the game on storyline, and actually go towards finding baby hitler!

I had this idea of a robot that you couldn't defeat except by kicking it when it's in ball form. Later I decided to turn it into a Fembot because it would make sense if the robot is very flexible to turn into a ball.

Then there's the whole deal with Yupa. I just thought of the puzzle, and also the fact that Yupa being an alien, it should have some kind of interesting power. I then thought that having Yupa in a bottle, the obvious thing to do is allowing the player to drink it! The weird animation afterwards was a bit difficult. I was thinking of something cooler in my mind, but things got confusing. At the end, I just made that weird mess that ended up in the game, with a soundtrack practically produced at random.

Well, nothing much else to talk about. That section was pretty short, but had some difficult puzzles. Hope you made out of it ok!

Response to "WISI Baby Hitler": Walkthrough 2020-02-01 18:54:57

Got 3 walkthrough sections finished. The last one should cover that dreaded robot.

At 1/28/20 07:19 AM, blyndid wrote:

Solution:

Medals:

Creator notes:

Cheers!

Response to "WISI Baby Hitler": Walkthrough 2020-02-02 04:20:52

SECTION 4: DOCTOR SARLIE

iu_90130_3303991.gif

SPOILERS AHEAD

Solution:

• Talk to Yupa, and ask to get a drink.
  • Grab the drink provided by Alectra.
  • You will end up going to a new planet.
  • Go to the right until you reach Doctor Sarlie's clinic.
  • You can discussing until you're done, and sitting on the bench.
  • You can go to the mirror and shave. This part only affects your look for the rest of the game.
  • Once you're done shaving, discuss with Yupa and the doctor at the door.
  • Tell them you do want to find Baby Hitler. Then you'll be on your way out.

Extras:

• You can get the first ending, if you tell Yupa and doctor Sarlie that you do not want to find Baby Hitler. You also have to insist, because they are going to dissuade you by first bringing you back once to life. If you keep refusing, they will let you die and you unlock the NOBLE ENDING.

Dev notes:

This is the mid section of the game. I didn't want to put the player through a series of dungeon crawling this time. In fact, I was thinking I was pretty much done with dungeon crawling, and perhaps we should focus a bit less on puzzles and more on storyline. That's why you're pretty much guaranteed to reach the next section from here. You do have a choice to die and unlock one ending, and the other choice is to just continue on the island.

In this part, I used the music "La soupe aux choux", which was the same music used for the SPACE ENDING of Kill Baby Hitler. It was a fun "fake out", since you might expect the end of the game if you hear that music. It was also a nice throwback at the previous game.

Another noteworthy addition is the Alectra robot, which can not only answer you but also produce drinks for you! (If Alexa evolves to that point, I'll finally find it useful!). I also mentioned some of my favorite drinks in there. Sparkling Cidah, and of course, the one and only, RAMUNE! Those who know Ramune will understand the inside joke about that damn bottle being so hard to open...

I think the mid sections of the game (so this section and the next in the walkthrough) were my favorite to implement. It's probably no coincidence that those are the sections focused solely on storyline and not gameplay. In fact, I knew I had to reintroduce some gameplay for the final part and was dreading that moment! Anyway, this was a great section for me because I got to elaborate on the Baby Hitler story, and do some animation. There's also that shocking revelation (which isn't actually a revelation if you think about it), that our hitman was responsible for the death of 7 billion people! (worst than Thanos in Infinity War). Yet, it's not something people really think about. In the Back to the Future series, Marty must have caused the death of countless lives, by changing the universe constantly. Yet, it doesn't seem that impactful when we think about that in the context of time travel.

Gotta say, I do love sci-fi, and stories around time travel. In fact, while working on Baby Hitler, I somehow dreamed of some time travel story in which traveling back in time had pretty sad consequences! It was so cool that I decided I will make a game out of it... maybe... someday... to be honest, my list of games to do keep growing, so I'm not sure I'll ever get to that.

Well, that's it with all my rambling. Next section is pretty sweet, we'll get to meet a new character!

Response to "WISI Baby Hitler": Walkthrough 2020-02-02 21:23:11

SECTION 5: THE SHOPKEEPER

iu_90320_3303991.gif

SPOILERS AHEAD

Solution:

• After you come out of Doctor Sarlie's office, talk with Pedro.
  • Tell Pedro you'd like to go to Ecsta City.
  • Go to the shop on the left.
  • You can spend all your coins on the Slot machine. The game is designed to let you win the first time you spend all your coins. Afterwards it's random.
  • Talk with the shopkeeper.
  • Give her the photo. After the conversation, you will know that you need to get a warp drive to travel to the next planet.
  • You have two choices to go there. Either give your Ecsta City tickets to the shopkeeper (make sure to shop before that).
  • Or, you try to purchase the Warp Drive at 1000 coins. You probably don't have enough, so you'd have to travel to Ecsta City. You can first sell one ticket to the shopkeeper, then go back to Pedro and show him your ticket. You can spend 2 nights, 3 nights or 1 week in Ectsa City. Respectively, it will give you the option to earn 1000, 1200 or 2000 coins at a cost of your attack, defense, and max life. (1/1/10, 2/2/20, 50%/50%/50%).
  • You can buy things at the shop with the money earned from Ecsta City. At the very least, you should get a hook or a super glove to replace your missing left hand. The ship laser and shields are only useful for the asteroid part, but the laser does look pretty cool. You can buy a compass, which is useful in the later sections. You do need at least 1000 for the warp drive.
  • Once you got the warp drive, you're off to Westrow, the next planet.

Extras:

• This is where you get the second ending. When dealing with the shopkeeper, show her the tickets, and ask her on a date. Don't mention the warp drive or about being horny or you'll ruin your chances. Just say nice things, and you'll get your date! During the date part, you can just relax and enjoy. No matter your choices, you'll reach the REBORN ENDING.
  • You can get the warp drive without spending any money. After she talked about the warp drive, just point the gun at the shopkeeper. Ask her for the warp drive. You also have the option to shoot her but it's not necessary. Next part, you'll end up in space, but instead of reaching your destination, you'll end up SWALLOWED in the belly of the beast!

Dev notes:

I'm a bit bumped out that I didn't get to implement the whole Ecsta City section, though it was always planned as an optional part for the game. It was supposed to be a place with minigames to earn money at the cost of health. At the end, I thought it might not be worth the time. I did want to start working on new projects, and this one was keeping me busy. So I just made a simple option to exchange life for money. The logic behind losing abilities while you're in Ecsta City, is the fact that you're spending time partying instead of looking for Baby Hitler, so the universe thinks you don't care and starts to erase part of you from existence.

The good part of this section is that shopkeeper section. At first, I didn't really plan an elaborate story behind the shopkeeper, who was originally an old man. I thought I'll switch to an alien lady, mainly because I thought my game lacked women. Along the way, I thought she looked kinda pretty even in pixel art, and suddenly decided to make a new ending, by letting the player ask her for a date. I put some effort in trying to make her reaction seem real: First a bit surprised and confused, then mentioning about Tammy Slow peaks her interest, then after a long pause of hesitation, she decides to take a chance. (The name Tammy Slow was purposefully picked for that lame joke about Taylor Swift, I'm embarrassed to say).

In the date part, you get to go to the concert. I wanted to make the concert look pretty nice, but I didn't put any effort in the music. In fact, a little part of me wanted for the song to be bad, to maybe show that she has crummy taste or something like that. Of course, you can't judge given the fact that the real sound cannot be heard from human ears.

The next part is nicer, I use the lullaby song from the previous Baby Hitler game there, and show Amari (the shopkeeper) in a nice dress, drinking tea or coffee. You can say whatever you like, just relax and be yourself. (how a real date should be like!). Then during the next sequence, you say "I'll spend the rest of my life by her side". This has double meaning: You want to spend the rest of your life with her, and also you know your life is about to be cut very short and you'll be with her by the time you're gone. You might be wondering why you disappear completely at that point. The logic is not based on time, but just the fact that you gave up on looking for Baby Hitler, and chose to be with Amari, so the universe can remove you.

The end is very dorky, showing Baby Hitman with the beard exactly as you shaved it in the previous section (That's right, we kept your customized shaved beard throughout the rest of the game!). The ending music is a cover of a french song I really love. "Elle a fait un bébé toute seule" de Jean-Jacques Goldman (translates to "She made a baby by herself!").

Anyway, that's my favorite ending. Well, if you decide, instead you can point the gun at her and shoot her. Tell me, which game lets you choose between dating and killing your love interest?!

SECTION 6: WESTROW X33

iu_90344_3303991.gif

SPOILERS AHEAD

Solution:

• You first need to go through an asteroid field. Try to dodge all asteroids, and don't use the missiles constantly or you might run out.
  • Arrived on Westrow X33, you first have to go through a large 3D open world. Pick up fruits and use bottles in the fountain to replenish.
  • Talk to the nomads, ask them which direction you're facing.
  • Use the signs to figure out how far is the tavern and which direction to go.
  • Use the compass to figure out the direction if you have it. Otherwise, after talking with several nomads, you might be able to guess that the moon is facing directly south.
  • Keep following the signs. When the grass gets greener, it means you arrived at the tavern.

Extras:

• This is the area where you can find the most obscure ending. By talking, you might get the hint, but so far I think nobody is able to reach that ending on their own. Basically, you have to go towards the moon, constantly, until it gets VERY BIG. That ending is completely without dialog. I'll just let you watch it. It's called the CREATOR ENDING.

Dev notes:

I had a lot of trouble implementing this area. I was debating for a while on how I would make it, and was thinking of reusing the dungeon crawling engine, but given that it's an open world it was impractical. Instead I developed a semi 3d engine, with a crummy implementation where I can't even put objects in the correct z-order. So yeah, objects faraway sometimes show in front of closer objects. It's a known issue and fixing that would require reimplementing that section. Can't be bothered!

I found the asteroid field mini-game quite enjoyable to make. I wanted a difficult challenge if you don't get any upgrade, but fairly comfortable with one or two ship upgrades. As I was playing, trying to judge the difficulty of that section, I thought it was pretty fun to play. The asteroids are drawn by layering geometric shapes and layering them.

The next part is a bit more fun, but the end of the game is usually the last part I implement, and by that time I'm usually kinda beat and eager to finish. Hopefully you'll find it fun to play!

SECTION 7: FINAL ENDING

iu_90346_3303991.gif

SPOILERS AHEAD

Solution:

• At the tavern, speak with the stranger in dark cloth.
  • Light up his cigarette with your lighter.
  • Discuss and mention about Baby Hitler.
  • Show the photo.
  • The stranger will give you the tavern's password (707-8008), and a playing card. (Ace of Heart)
  • Go to the entrance.
  • Discuss with the lady. If you give her the password, she gives you a coin. You can then return any time to get one coin if you run out (a coin is necessary to solve the next part.).
  • Enter the password on the robot to open the door to the tavern.
  • Go to the phone booth.
  • Enter the tavern's password (707-8008) as the phone number.
  • Ask the bartender to talk to Dick Ruber.
  • The bodyguard will be on the phone. Ask him to hold.
  • Give the phone to Yupa, to ask him to keep the bodyguard on the phone.
  • Go to Dick Ruber's table.
  • Challenge Dick Ruber to a card game.
  • When presented with the cards, use your ace of heart from your inventory on your card, to switch it.
  • Dick Ruber will get angry after seeing that card.
  • Immediately after that scene, he will try to take out his gun and shoot you. Shoot him and the bodyguard on the right quickly. The third bodyguard will run away.
  • Next, you will have to deal with the rest of Dick Ruber's game.
  • Shoot all enemies to prevent them to keep shooting you. You're still fine if you run out of bullet, the enemies eventually go away to give way to the boss.
  • Defeat the boss with punches or shooting.
  • Then enjoy the ending.

Extras:

• Sharpshooter medal: When facing Dick Ruber and his bodyguard, shoot them both without missing a shot, and without wasting any extra bullet. (Two shots only).

Dev notes:

That is it, we've reached the end at last! So originally, I was just planning to have a shootout sequence once we reach the tavern, but I felt something would be missing. So you do get a bit of puzzle, just mainly using the phone to call the tavern and get the bodyguard away from the scene. I designed the sequence with spaghetti westerns in mind, in particular "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly".

There was more that I planned to add, in particular some more interactions with the bartender or perhaps the musicians. I think that would have been nice, but everything is extra work and I was a little beat at that point. The main reason for the extra interactions would have been to allow the player to collect extra bullets / money. I just didn't want the player to be stuck, since you could waste all your money on the phone, and in the shootout sequence you could end up with no bullet. At the end, I opted to provide extra coin through the smoking lady, and have the shootout be interrupted by a boss fight. That was much simpler.

Anyway, there was a real need to reach the end piece and the big revelation. I thought it'd be funny to show that Yupa completely misidentified Baby Hitler, since he's not human. The same way you wouldn't be able to tell two monkeys apart since you're human.

The ending might have feel rushed, but to me it was more overdue than anything. The thing is, the game would have ended at the escape from the alien base, if it wasn't for having "Baby Hitler" in the title. While I did plan the whole escape from base as part of the Baby Hitler storyline, I thought it would be weird if the game ended outside the alien base without ever revealing Baby Hitler. That's why the game got stretched until you found Baby Hitler at the last minute, just like Luke Skywalker in The Force Awakens.

I hope you enjoyed the game. I'll try to make more various games, and continue the Baby Hitler storyline. As you might have noticed from the last two installments, I really like to vary gameplays, so next one might be completely different. However, I will make sure they're all part of a cohesive epic story!