00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 170 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Why do American liberals act offend

468 Views | 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-12 19:33:21

At 1/12/20 07:30 PM, Fro wrote: I identify as a person who says you do identify as one and thereof identify with things. Identity.

That's oppression, Fro. How could you do this to me. NOW I AM OFFENDED!

Wait...

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-12 19:36:09

At 1/12/20 07:33 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 1/12/20 07:30 PM, Fro wrote: I identify as a person who says you do identify as one and thereof identify with things. Identity.
That's oppression, Fro. How could you do this to me. NOW I AM OFFENDED!

Wait...

Fuck you are! You shouldn't be and now I'm annoyed and angered by your opinion, even though its just your opinion, not the majorities and it has no effect on my life.

wait, we just went full circle there

BBS Signature

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-12 19:56:17

At 1/12/20 07:25 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 1/12/20 07:24 PM, Fro wrote: Being offended by other people being offended, which is usually an extemely loud minority of less than 1% of the population, is by far the funniest version of being offended and the most common form of being offended.
But I don't identify as an offended individual!

you probably are somewhat offended evidenced by your continual participation in this discussion, but we cannot gauge your true level of offense taken as we do not have access to your headspace. Though from decades of mined social media data, empirical results show that weebs/ponies are the most disaffected individual: apathy isn't a virtue.

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-12 22:29:37

At 1/12/20 12:51 PM, Fro wrote: It's literally just people saying that liberals are offended, but in all honesty this shit isn't actually going on for the majority of people. Just a tiny, less than 1% population, that everyone is tricked into thinking is the majority.

The thing is that the less than 1% who are offended by goddamn near everything are really fucking loud and virtue signaling social media sites and corporations bend over backwards to try and satisfy them. But no matter what they do, it's never enough. They'll find something else to whine about.

These people also try to force their views on others and harass/dox/try to get fired anyone who refuses to agree that 2+2=5.

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-12 22:30:03

At 1/12/20 12:25 PM, Little-Rena wrote: Plenty of right-wing snowflakes out there.

iu_85291_1249162.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-13 00:17:26

At 1/12/20 10:29 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:
At 1/12/20 12:51 PM, Fro wrote: It's literally just people saying that liberals are offended, but in all honesty this shit isn't actually going on for the majority of people. Just a tiny, less than 1% population, that everyone is tricked into thinking is the majority.
The thing is that the less than 1% who are offended by goddamn near everything are really fucking loud and virtue signaling social media sites and corporations bend over backwards to try and satisfy them. But no matter what they do, it's never enough. They'll find something else to whine about.

Like when for example?

I was a corporate man and we definitely made business choices on how we thought people would react, but never was this a concern for us. It's so rare that it just wasn't worth wasting time on. The media would have you think that it happens often, but it really doesn't.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-13 08:43:27

At 1/12/20 10:30 PM, wwwyzzerdd wrote:
At 1/12/20 12:25 PM, Little-Rena wrote: Plenty of right-wing snowflakes out there.

The offence that caused was crazy.

Play Sick Games: [1] [2] [3]

BBS Signature

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-13 12:45:11

At 1/12/20 02:28 PM, Haggard wrote: Why do gobtards get offended by others feeling offended? At this point I think "feeling offended" is just the american way of life.

It's always been. Else why betray the crown in the first place?

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-13 13:47:07

Richard got outed as a paid false flagger some time ago.

Also i thought offended meant pretending to be morally distraught for social brownie points.I think it's a way more appropriate meaning for the word.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-13 14:34:12

At 1/13/20 01:47 PM, phenorax wrote: Richard got outed as a paid false flagger some time ago.
Also i thought offended meant pretending to be morally distraught for social brownie points.I think it's a way more appropriate meaning for the word.

That's the context that I've been operating with, but if people wanna play semantics to substantiate their side then let em. Not like we're here to win hearts and minds or anything.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-13 16:34:22

At 1/13/20 02:34 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 1/13/20 01:47 PM, phenorax wrote: Richard got outed as a paid false flagger some time ago.
That's the context that I've been operating with, but if people wanna play semantics to substantiate their side then let em. Not like we're here to win hearts and minds or anything.

I don’t see the point of tackling a topic when other people have to deduce your personal interpretation of a dictionary defined word. Nobody is on the same wavelength from the very beginning.

Both of you are talking about “acting offended”, which is the title of the topic, rather than simply “offended”.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-13 17:33:22

iu_85456_964020.jpg

They prefer the term "evangelical" tyvm! Fortunately they have much less presence these days.

I think we may all wish to retroactively thank Jacks Thompson and Chick for a heap of that!

Western media has descended to the level of Soviet media, pre-Glasnost, except the American people largely still drink from that poisoned well, thinking it provides "news."

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-13 18:01:30

At 1/13/20 04:34 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I don’t see the point of tackling a topic when other people have to deduce your personal interpretation of a dictionary defined word. Nobody is on the same wavelength from the very beginning.

See the screenshot below, see how the concept of morality is applied to the first definition (from Webster's btw)? To me it is the most germane definition to the topic being discussed, it goes far beyond simple "annoyance, anger, etc." anyone should be able to deduce that on their own if they're actually paying attention.

Both of you are talking about “acting offended”, which is the title of the topic, rather than simply “offended”.

Acting offended and being offended; same noise, same rabble, and same quality of pestering others about their self-righteous feelings.

Anyways I've explained my perspective enough. Have fun y'all.iu_85459_1089462.png

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-13 18:33:26

I'm offensive and I find this liberal

At 1/13/20 06:01 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 1/13/20 04:34 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I don’t see the point of tackling a topic when other people have to deduce your personal interpretation of a dictionary defined word.
See the screenshot below

iu_85466_1301731.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-14 12:38:54

At 1/12/20 11:53 AM, Sasukexbox wrote: on others behalf.

Why does a plant die when you stick it in a box for a long while?

I put an african elephant in my fridge but I don't know how to get it out...

I'm usually over here.

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-14 12:45:19

At 1/13/20 12:45 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 1/12/20 02:28 PM, Haggard wrote: Why do gobtards get offended by others feeling offended? At this point I think "feeling offended" is just the american way of life.
It's always been. Else why betray the crown in the first place?

I am offended by this reply!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-14 12:54:09

At 1/13/20 06:37 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 1/13/20 06:01 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 1/13/20 04:34 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I don’t see the point of tackling a topic when other people have to deduce your personal interpretation of a dictionary defined word.
See the screenshot below

No wonder I need to keep referring to this hack for my spoons.

iu_85645_1568164.gif

Play Sick Games: [1] [2] [3]

BBS Signature

Response to Why do American liberals act offend 2020-01-14 14:13:11

So just going to reply to the topic subject, so forgive me if this response was already handed out. Also feel free to point out things that aren't correct, as this is mostly just my own personal conclusion:

Fact is, the reason humans are a productive species who gravitate towards creating functional societies is because we're given this incentive thanks to endorphins. With a proper upbringing, this is what lets us not only define 'Right and Wrong', but also be able to try and shoot for 'Right'. That's why, most of the time, it feels good to do the right thing and it feels bad to do the wrong thing. It inherently inhibits us from harming other humans.

Now how does this relate to American (I'd actually say this is transcontinental if we peer at Germany and some Nordic nations) Liberals getting offended? Well, there's little better endorphin rush than being on the side of absolute righteousness. What better 'Right' thing is there to do than to fight against something that is unquestionably and irrefutably 'Evil'? That being said, Life doesn't deal in absolutes and, beyond hypotheticals, there's nothing that's truly evil or truly good. Sadly, your production of endorphin doesn't exactly account for that, which means you can just as easily delude yourself into thinking there IS an evil and fighting against it will provide you that rush just the same as somebody who's in the afterglow of taking down a serial killer or whatever extreme would suit your needs more. These people are defending a "weaker" type of people against a "strong" type of people. Just that simple.

So why offense? Because it's the easiest way to get that rush you want. What easier way to justify yourself if you can do it by sitting down screaming at the internet at the safety of your home? This kind of thing has existed for a long time, just under another name before our darling internet warriors came around (See; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacktivism).

It's fast. Convenient. Gets you off. And your conscious is, yes completely delusional, but clear. Other demographics, be it race, ability, or age, are simply damsels in distress for these people to get their feelgoods going. Ironic, considering they loathe the notion.