00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 200 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Aquarium 2020-01-11 19:01:20

Anybody got one?

I'm thinking about getting something, haven't had fish since I was a kid and I'm watching all kinds of videos.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-11 19:52:11

Never really been a fan of fish, other than as a food, I find them to be pretty boring pets, all I know is, keep the water clean.

Play Sick Games: [1] [2] [3]

BBS Signature

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-11 19:58:04

At 1/11/20 07:52 PM, Little-Rena wrote: Never really been a fan of fish, other than as a food, I find them to be pretty boring pets, all I know is, keep the water clean.

I tend to prefer dogs, but can have a cat. I like my pets more than others, cuz how I have em trained.

I was just thinking, it'd be something I could poke around with and watch a little bit, and something to maybe entertain the cat I have.

I can agree with a no care for fish, cuz a lot of alternative "pets" are more decorations and a chore.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-12 01:14:54

At 1/11/20 07:52 PM, Little-Rena wrote: Never really been a fan of fish, other than as a food, I find them to be pretty boring pets, all I know is, keep the water clean.

But you told me you were a fish?

...something's fishy

BBS Signature

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-12 06:12:29

At 1/12/20 01:14 AM, ZomAlien wrote:
But you told me you were a fish?

...something's fishy

Little-Rena is a gay fish.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-12 06:13:25

At 1/11/20 07:01 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: Anybody got one?

I have. The fish have survived quite a bit more stuff than by any rights they should.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-12 14:44:32

At 1/12/20 06:13 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
I have. The fish have survived quite a bit more stuff than by any rights they should.

What size and what do you have in it?

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-12 23:27:47

I'm thinking about getting something, haven't had fish since I was a kid and I'm watching all kinds of videos.

I had a big tank as a kid, fish are a pain in the ass, cleaning the tank and shit. Though I always thought it would be cool to have a salt water eco system, you know things that basically regulate themselves. My exes doctors office had one that had like shrimp and lobsters and shit, was pretty nifty. Also, this short lived show I used to enjoy the fuck out of, when you're super drunk you get right into it...

BBS Signature

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-13 05:47:33

At 1/12/20 11:27 PM, Leidolfr wrote:

I had a big tank as a kid, fish are a pain in the ass, cleaning the tank and shit. Though I always thought it would be cool to have a salt water eco system, you know things that basically regulate themselves. My exes doctors office had one that had like shrimp and lobsters and shit, was pretty nifty. Also, this short lived show I used to enjoy the fuck out of, when you're super drunk you get right into it...

I'm thinking of getting a 20 gallon or less and have half my fish be cleaner type, maybe some shrimp, live plants to. Yes yes, I know I'll still have to clean it and mess with it, but not as much as if I went out and got a bunch of goldfish.

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-13 06:00:34

I had a pet tortoise when I was young.

I may keep fish as pets if they are easier to handle.

Latest updates on tropical cyclones

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-13 06:20:32

At 1/13/20 05:47 AM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 1/12/20 11:27 PM, Leidolfr wrote:

I'm thinking of getting a 20 gallon or less and have half my fish be cleaner type, maybe some shrimp, live plants to. Yes yes, I know I'll still have to clean it and mess with it, but not as much as if I went out and got a bunch of goldfish.

No i mean, go for it, its niftier than a painting, which is really what it is

BBS Signature

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-13 09:20:06

At 1/13/20 06:00 AM, Sobolev wrote: I had a pet tortoise when I was young.
I may keep fish as pets if they are easier to handle.

Well, from what I've been reading/watching, fish can be a chore. Daily wipe down glass with magnet wipe, and 2-3 feedings, maybe weekly cleaning of gravel, filter checks, water changes. I plan to try live plants, which feed off the poop. Also, a good amount of fish that'll break down poop further.

I'm still doing research and watching stuff, it'll probably be a couple few months before I act.

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-13 12:47:34

At 1/12/20 02:44 PM, billybobthwarten wrote:

60 by 30 by 30 cm, guppies of many different colours.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-13 18:24:34

At 1/13/20 12:47 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 1/12/20 02:44 PM, billybobthwarten wrote:
60 by 30 by 30 cm, guppies of many different colours.

How much water does that hold?

It wasn't till I looked into fish recently that I even knew what a guppy really was. My ignorant self thought they would be plain, but they're really not.

I might go for even smaller fish, maybe, so I can get more.

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-13 18:27:08

If you do get fish, keep them away from @JosephStarr. He'll want to pelt someone with them for telling bad jokes.

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-13 20:29:35 (edited 2020-01-13 20:39:30)

At 1/13/20 06:27 PM, SethSkoda wrote: If you do get fish, keep them away from @JosephStarr. He'll want to pelt someone with them for telling bad jokes.

I plan on writing a short story (well, more like a long poem) using the writing style of Dr.Seuss.

It will be about doing creative things to people with fish.

I've done a couple short drafts already, but they weren't creative enough.

I demand perfection from my fish threats.

and that right there is a sentence nobody has ever typed.

Sleep so many dream, sugar prince.

لن أريكم مكان صنع عصير الليمون. నిమ్మకాయ లేదు.

BBS Signature

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-14 03:20:35

At 1/13/20 06:24 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: How much water does that hold?

54 litres.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-14 05:52:54

At 1/14/20 03:20 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
54 litres.

Any tips?

I was looking at guppies, but it seems it's easy to have too many of them. What do you do with your baby fish?

Anything else in the tank?

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-14 09:36:56 (edited 2020-01-14 09:38:08)

All pets can be a chore, Just with fish, they are expensive to start up, but cheap to maintain.

Dogs/cats other way around from my experience. I took my mothers former dog to the vet for fungus on he ears, and she got a bill for 125 dollars just for the visit. I had an abscess on my arm from a spider bite, and I only had to pay 50 dollars for my visit. Seems off huh?

In any event, make sure you have a bottom feeder for your tank such as a catfish or algae eater, and cleaning won't be such a chore. Fish are fun pets such as orange puffer, they'll recognize you after a while kinda fun to see them swim up to say hi.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Aquarium 2020-01-14 17:55:40 (edited 2020-01-14 17:59:46)

At 1/14/20 05:52 AM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 1/14/20 03:20 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
54 litres.
Any tips?

I was looking at guppies, but it seems it's easy to have too many of them. What do you do with your baby fish?

Anything else in the tank?

Go for guppies, they are easy and beautiful, a way to not get too many of them it's to just let nature be, guppies will eat most of their fry (don't put the female in a breeding box), the most healthy and smart ones will remain. I recommend getting a snail, they help with algae, I have a nerite snail, they are easy to find on stores and clean really well, they also wont be a plague since they only reproduce in brackish water.

You will want to get a proper heater if you live in cold place, best temp is 24C.

A must do is to cycle your new aquarium first before adding any fish. It's really important, google it to find more.

You should also do water changes every week or so, it's important.

Want to do it really perfect? This website is dope: http://www.aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php