00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 200 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

What do you guys draw everyday ?

146 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What do you guys draw everyday ? 2020-01-10 11:55:34

Hello

So it's been a couple of years now that I animate, but the amount of improvements compared to how long I've been animating stuff is.. near zero. and I'm either talking about animation than drawing itself

I won't go into details, but I think that my main problem is that I don't practice fix drawing enough, even if I animate everyday. I have 2 books right now, I have Richard William's well known bible about animation, and another one, well known too, by Peter Gray about drawing.

And even if I possess thoses 2 books, that are great, and that I've learned some stuff with

I just can't draw, and I hardly animate.

I let you guys my Tumblr to see where am I atm

https://pounchpounch.tumblr.com/

So my question is, what do you guys draw everyday ?

Response to What do you guys draw everyday ? 2020-01-13 23:48:22

At 1/10/20 11:55 AM, PounchPounch wrote: Hello

So it's been a couple of years now that I animate, but the amount of improvements compared to how long I've been animating stuff is.. near zero. and I'm either talking about animation than drawing itself

I won't go into details, but I think that my main problem is that I don't practice fix drawing enough, even if I animate everyday. I have 2 books right now, I have Richard William's well known bible about animation, and another one, well known too, by Peter Gray about drawing.

And even if I possess thoses 2 books, that are great, and that I've learned some stuff with

sometimes I work on projects for days, but on my page it's mostly characters in masks.

Response to What do you guys draw everyday ? 2020-01-14 01:39:58

I draw human anatomy or weird shit.

Not exactly everyday I draw but it's in large burst of drawings every day then a short break to do other things in my life that need to be done. Or a moment, if you will.

Response to What do you guys draw everyday ? 2020-01-14 04:16:53

i doodle some stupid small animal character. need to be stopped. wanna draw some fancy shit but drawing characters is way more easier and gets some attention. mmph

Response to What do you guys draw everyday ? 2020-01-14 05:02:45

i draw dystopia

Response to What do you guys draw everyday ? 2020-01-14 12:03:33

I draw comics and character designs. And sometimes animated comics.

Things that make me smile (NSFW)

Important things to keep in mind for animation is that improving one's visual library [1] [2] [3] helps out alot when making scenes and having a wide range of things to pull from [4].

Figure drawings also a great way to get good poses and add energy to your keys. Doing studies is important to understand how something you're drawing works and animates.

De gustibus non est disputandum

Response to What do you guys draw everyday ? 2020-01-17 00:27:00

Have and carry a little sketchbook to draw people you see out and about your day. Try and capture their motion, as quickly and clearly as possible.

Response to What do you guys draw everyday ? 2020-01-17 05:13:42

At 1/17/20 12:27 AM, artCore wrote: Have and carry a little sketchbook to draw people you see out and about your day. Try and capture their motion, as quickly and clearly as possible.

I have one ! I draw people and environments, however right now I'm working at home, I unfortunately don't go out much, and when I do I'm doing something that kind of prevent me from drawing (like going to the gym lol)

Response to What do you guys draw everyday ? 2020-01-17 20:17:41

Try scheduling an hour a day for just walking around outside, absorbing the serenity of whatever nature surrounds you, and sketch quick gesture drawings of people. I'm a traditional animator, though. I'm after a specific drafting style. This may help and good luck!

At 1/17/20 05:13 AM, PounchPounch wrote:
At 1/17/20 12:27 AM, artCore wrote: Have and carry a little sketchbook to draw people you see out and about your day. Try and capture their motion, as quickly and clearly as possible.
I have one ! I draw people and environments, however right now I'm working at home, I unfortunately don't go out much, and when I do I'm doing something that kind of prevent me from drawing (like going to the gym lol)