00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Newgrounds player Chrome extension

3,003 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi people, jsut popping onto the fourm to ask about weither or not anyone has considered making a newgrounds player Version that works with chromenium/google chrome/ Google chrome OS. Seeing as how a large section of the site's content is flash based, peeps who are using the chrome OS are stuck unable to view the stuff at all.

I'm personally not a programmer yes , I thought I'd throw the idea out here because of fact that I haven't seen much talk of such a thing**. Having access to the various great peices of art that help make newgrounds what it is.

*I can already hear some of you accusing me of hipocracy, but let's ignore that for a second please.

**though I wouldn't doubt such a thing been said already, given I've not looked very far.

Tryna make Megaman fan projects called:

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds player Chrome extension 2020-05-14 14:37:26

At 1/10/20 11:51 AM, Joykillz wrote: Hi people, jsut popping onto the fourm to ask about weither or not anyone has considered making a newgrounds player Version that works with chromenium/google chrome/ Google chrome OS. Seeing as how a large section of the site's content is flash based, peeps who are using the chrome OS are stuck unable to view the stuff at all.

I'm personally not a programmer yes , I thought I'd throw the idea out here because of fact that I haven't seen much talk of such a thing**. Having access to the various great peices of art that help make newgrounds what it is.

*I can already hear some of you accusing me of hipocracy, but let's ignore that for a second please.

**though I wouldn't doubt such a thing been said already, given I've not looked very far.

I hope they do. Otherwise I'll have to quit the site.

Response to Newgrounds player Chrome extension 2020-06-13 23:22:52

At 5/14/20 02:37 PM, DalonStone wrote:
At 1/10/20 11:51 AM, Joykillz wrote: Hi people, jsut popping onto the fourm to ask about weither or not anyone has considered making a newgrounds player Version that works with chromenium/google chrome/ Google chrome OS. Seeing as how a large section of the site's content is flash based, peeps who are using the chrome OS are stuck unable to view the stuff at all.

The site is aimed at older users who as a consequence of being older, are using more intelligent devices for content consumption: windows-based PC's.

The hoops they'd have to jump through to make the site usable by the less intelligent and less savvy users wouldn't be worth their time and I applaud them not doing so.

= + ^ e * i pi 1 0

Response to Newgrounds player Chrome extension 2020-06-14 20:34:08

At 6/13/20 11:22 PM, sharpnova wrote:
At 5/14/20 02:37 PM, DalonStone wrote:

The site is aimed at older users who as a consequence of being older, are using more intelligent devices for content consumption: windows-based PC's.

The hoops they'd have to jump through to make the site usable by the less intelligent and less savvy users wouldn't be worth their time and I applaud them not doing so.

the chromenium/Chrome OS seems like a bios load directly to the Chromenium/Chrome browser (with android on the side), making a guess here but shouldn't a Chromenium/Chrome browser Extension for a single site be relatively easy? and taking the "less intelligent/Savvy" users thing up, you do realize they've made one helluva Phone browser version, (which doesn't handle flash well, RIP) I'd also say there's a high likely hood of an APK App in the works somewhere by someone for NG.

Having a Chrome browser extension for NG just seems like a good idea, especially since the new "Microsoft Edge" can utilize said extensions aswell due to it also being Chromium based. In the end it just seems like a good a good idea since alot of people just so happen to use a Chromenium based browser.

thinking about it though, an Android APK app would probably solve the chrome book problem itself. (since Chrome books can run Android apps)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds player Chrome extension 2020-07-30 17:38:17

i agree

no one is less savvy or intelligent for using a chromebook so shut up. that's a whole insult for people who'd rather use a chromebook.

Response to Newgrounds player Chrome extension 2020-12-11 19:47:03

At 12/10/20 10:12 PM, roseareonlybluethats wrote: no one is less savvy or intelligent for using a chromebook so shut up. that's a whole insult for people who'd rather use a chromebook.

You're quite probably either one of two people saying this, someone who's never used a chrome book and is a google shill or someone currently using a chrome book.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I was given one for educational reasons and holy crap the thing is limited A.F. it doesn't even have a proper right-click. Not to mention its basically google spying on you 24/7, the whole thing is a pretty bad deal until big tech is better regulated. Otherwise Chromebook is like google stadia, except it has some business utility and that's about it.

BBS Signature

At 12/11/20 07:47 PM, Joykillz wrote:
At 12/10/20 10:12 PM, roseareonlybluethats wrote: no one is less savvy or intelligent for using a chromebook so shut up. that's a whole insult for people who'd rather use a chromebook.
You're quite probably either one of two people saying this, someone who's never used a chrome book and is a google shill or someone currently using a chrome book.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I was given one for educational reasons and holy crap the thing is limited A.F. it doesn't even have a proper right-click. Not to mention its basically google spying on you 24/7, the whole thing is a pretty bad deal until big tech is better regulated. Otherwise Chromebook is like google stadia, except it has some business utility and that's about it.

I don't like the idea that people think we're dumb for using a Chromebook. Remember that Chromebooks can be and are used as a backup when your real computer ends up going to the shop and colleges give them out for their students to be able to have access to the internet so maybe it's time for you to be careful with your words because you're starting to sound like an elitist jackass you might end up using a Chromebook one day if your real computer goes into the shop stop poor shaming people

Response to Newgrounds player Chrome extension 2021-02-10 18:16:38

At 2/10/21 05:22 PM, jon12231223 wrote:
At 12/11/20 07:47 PM, Joykillz wrote:

I don't like the idea that people think we're dumb for using a Chromebook. Remember that Chromebooks can be and are used as a backup when your real computer ends up going to the shop and colleges give them out for their students to be able to have access to the internet so maybe it's time for you to be careful with your words because you're starting to sound like an elitist jackass you might end up using a Chromebook one day if your real computer goes into the shop stop poor shaming people

Dude the fact that you say chrome books are backups and not Primary types doesn't reduce the stupidity of peeps who use it as primary.

BBS Signature