00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 170 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Do you think AI will take over?

420 Views | 42 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

imo Musk's efforts to bring humans up to par with AI (with neural link) would be like trying to engineer a race horse to keep up with a car.

It's not going to happen.

Unless there is something to cognition that can't be digitized, I'd say humans are on the last lap.

Thoughts?

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 02:56:48

What?

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 02:59:41

At 1/10/20 02:56 AM, Gremlin wrote: What?

just answer the thread title if you didn't get the post body.

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 03:03:36

At 1/10/20 02:59 AM, Red-Emption wrote:
At 1/10/20 02:56 AM, Gremlin wrote: What?
just answer the thread title if you didn't get the post body.

No.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 03:06:11

It is difficult to envision artificial intelligence that is as sophisticated as the human brain and performs complex tasks that involve a lot of creativity and judgement such as writing novels and movie scripts, deciding court cases, making weather forecast.

Nevertheless, routine tasks can be performed with AI, from driving and navigation to tracking individual thunderstorms for weather forecast purposes.

Latest updates on tropical cyclones

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 03:21:33

At 1/10/20 03:06 AM, Sobolev wrote: Nevertheless, routine tasks can be performed with AI, from driving and navigation to tracking individual thunderstorms for weather forecast purposes.

Driving was always considered distinctly human. Dreyfus used continentalist arguments as to why that was so and for a time he seemed to be right, even up to 2010 there were documentaries about why AI will never be able to drive.

AI beating humans at Go was expected to happen a century from now, happened 4 years ago.

"Winning the $1.4 million prize promised by the Ing foundation to a program that beats a human champion may be an impossible dream. The offer expires in the year 2000. Go programmers are hoping it will be extended for another century or two." -1997 NYTimes

Things seem to be accelerating.

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 04:20:58

AI will have too many proxy wars with others of it's kind to fully commit to eradicating biological life.

The AI scare is nonsense I think, we like to make scary movies about killer robots, but its nonsense. There needs to be precautionary steps, dont have AI link with everything and be skynet, dont give it feet ( til we're on our way out ), but yes, super computers with AI are the future and I support it fully. What it WILL do, is eliminate tons of jobs, which, if we'd all stop being greedy capitalists would be the best thing ever, a world where little blocks of plastic do all the work, your bills are all paid because, no one has bills, no one needs money anymore, and then you are free to just be a human and pursue human endeavors, art, music, hookers, drugs, whatever.

the facts regardless of your feelings are there, if its been thought of, its happening, you cant close pandoras box ( ok they did close pandoras box...) AI IS the future, get used to it, reevaluate it. humans also have this innate god complex, and im sure there are other species in space much the same, actually theres a nutty theory that distant space could be populated only by machines, as terrestrial matters and lack of resources led to extinction of their makers, that doesnt mean, if its true, that terminator shot them all. Humans are obsessed with gods, and being gods, from freemason electrical experiments leading to mary shelly writing frankenstein , to us trying to cure every disease as our population grows unsustainably high, we want to live forever, as biological beings thats impossible, but integration of our conscious minds enhanced with AI and put in artificial self repairing bodies is...closer to fact than fiction at this point, and what greater achievement could any species boast? Stop fighting technology you fuckin Luddites, you already cant do math without a calculator or solve a problem without google, you're already a third party android.

That's something most people dont touch on actually, they think of AI as a separate entity, no, we integrate our own minds with AI, thats how that works.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 04:43:23

Yeah I think he will.

iu_84598_5920428.jpg

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 05:06:03

At 1/10/20 04:36 AM, Leidolfr wrote: The AI scare is nonsense I think, we like to make scary movies about killer robots, but its nonsense. There needs to be precautionary steps, dont have AI link with everything and be skynet, dont give it feet ( til we're on our way out ), but yes, super computers with AI are the future and I support it fully. What it WILL do, is eliminate tons of jobs, which, if we'd all stop being greedy capitalists would be the best thing ever, a world where little blocks of plastic do all the work, your bills are all paid because, no one has bills, no one needs money anymore, and then you are free to just be a human and pursue human endeavors, art, music, hookers, drugs, whatever.

the facts regardless of your feelings are there, if its been thought of, its happening, you cant close pandoras box ( ok they did close pandoras box...) AI IS the future, get used to it, reevaluate it. humans also have this innate god complex, and im sure there are other species in space much the same, actually theres a nutty theory that distant space could be populated only by machines, as terrestrial matters and lack of resources led to extinction of their makers, that doesnt mean, if its true, that terminator shot them all. Humans are obsessed with gods, and being gods, from freemason electrical experiments leading to mary shelly writing frankenstein , to us trying to cure every disease as our population grows unsustainably high, we want to live forever, as biological beings thats impossible, but integration of our conscious minds enhanced with AI and put in artificial self repairing bodies is...closer to fact than fiction at this point, and what greater achievement could any species boast? Stop fighting technology you fuckin Luddites, you already cant do math without a calculator or solve a problem without google, you're already a third party android.

That's something most people dont touch on actually, they think of AI as a separate entity, no, we integrate our own minds with AI, thats how that works.

based and redpilled, also thanks for inspiring me to change my avatar (back) to Batou

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 05:08:55

At 1/10/20 05:06 AM, S3C wrote:
At 1/10/20 04:36 AM, Leidolfr wrote: The AI scare is nonsense I think, we like to make scary movies about killer robots, but its nonsense. There needs to be precautionary steps, dont have AI link with everything and be skynet, dont give it feet ( til we're on our way out ), but yes, super computers with AI are the future and I support it fully. What it WILL do, is eliminate tons of jobs, which, if we'd all stop being greedy capitalists would be the best thing ever, a world where little blocks of plastic do all the work, your bills are all paid because, no one has bills, no one needs money anymore, and then you are free to just be a human and pursue human endeavors, art, music, hookers, drugs, whatever.

based and redpilled, also thanks for inspiring me to change my avatar (back) to Batou

compelling

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 06:00:16

Haha nope.

People who invest in AI are mostly incompetent wankers. They think AI can and will abide by the same lies they teach us.

Never gonna happen.

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 07:00:10

Elon seems to have just given up at this point. He tried to warn people... he tried...

It's almost like he's trying to drastically speed up the process to the point where we maybe realize we need to slow down and think about this a bit. I don't believe AI will take over if we just get our shit together and stop just throwing out new technologies without actually knowing what we're doing.

Check out the NRC / Hexa #56 (Nov)

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 11:06:39

Yes. We're doomed. And now give me booze, for I don't want to live to see it.

Any excuse to get plastered…

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 11:16:56

At 1/10/20 11:06 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: Yes. We're doomed. And now give me booze, for I don't want to live to see it.

Do you have enough to share with the rest of us?

Play Sick Games: [1] [2] [3]

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 11:20:22

At 1/10/20 11:16 AM, Little-Rena wrote:
At 1/10/20 11:06 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: Yes. We're doomed. And now give me booze, for I don't want to live to see it.

Yes, unless the rest of you includes the @Luis.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 11:30:11

no.

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 13:22:06

As long as that AI is something along with TAY i'm all for it.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 13:32:32

No. Because "THE" AI doesn't exist. Maybe an AI is pretty good at recognizing cats. Great. But would you trust this AI to drive a car? I certainly do not.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 14:05:05

"Will" haha bro they've already taken over

At 1/10/20 01:22 PM, phenorax wrote: As long as that AI is something along with TAY i'm all for it.

G*d I miss her so much. tfw you never got to say eu te amo to Tay before they took her from you

iu_84669_4902204.jpg

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 15:37:32

At 1/10/20 11:20 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:

dont summon me if u not giving me beer

None

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 15:51:49

28 STAB WOUNDS.

iu_84699_4518708.jpg

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 17:19:42

we already have miltary robots i don't think its that farfetched

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 18:01:25

At 1/10/20 02:51 AM, Red-Emption wrote: imo Musk's efforts to bring humans up to par with AI (with neural link) would be like trying to engineer a race horse to keep up with a car.
Unless there is something to cognition that can't be digitized, I'd say humans are on the last lap.
Thoughts?

Had people believed in something like internet before it was created? Nope, they were very skeptical, sort of like you now about AI, I guess. And yet, now we do have it and it's big part of everyday life for many people. Also, people now can have robotic hands, legs etc as replacements for lost limbs - pretty good development, promising.

Also, researches on AI have been going on for such a long time now, those folks have to come up with something or what are they paid for?

Also, we already have at least some concept of "AI-youtubers", "AI-singers" and such - they have dedicated fanatics already. What can be easier than to take over the world using some popular, cutesy-looking Idols as a tool? Especially, if to take into consideration that in many countries now education is freaking shit that directed at making stupid zombies and slaves out of people.

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 22:38:54

At 1/10/20 06:00 AM, AcidX wrote: Haha nope.
People who invest in AI are mostly incompetent wankers. They think AI can and will abide by the same lies they teach us.
Never gonna happen.

Lies?

Either way to reply to some of the response in this thread. AI (or more accurately ASI) will be so vastly different from humans that even thinking of us merging with it is silly. It's like expecting an axe or a sword to merge with a nuclear weapon.

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 22:46:43

At 1/10/20 07:00 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Elon seems to have just given up at this point. He tried to warn people... he tried...

He's trying to distribute intelligence so it isn't centralized. It's a bad plan.

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-10 23:19:30

It already has. You notice we don't see Wade that much anymore? He is one with the Newgrounds.

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-11 00:45:43

Should we be afraid of artificial intelligence? For me, this is a simple question with an even simpler, two letter answer: no. But not everyone agrees – many people, including the late physicist Stephen Hawking.

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-11 06:25:58

At 1/10/20 03:37 PM, Luis wrote:
At 1/10/20 11:20 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:

dont summon me if u not giving me beer

iu_84868_2278460.jpg

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think AI will take over? 2020-01-11 06:53:33

At 1/10/20 02:51 AM, Red-Emption wrote: imo Musk's efforts to bring humans up to par with AI (with neural link) would be like trying to engineer a race horse to keep up with a car.
Thoughts?

More than likely Artifical Intelligence will take over the world as can be observed in China using cameras everywhere as a way to identify people for their unquestionable loyality to the government. As a way to control their everyday life. The means of using artifical intelligence to use it for technocracy. Rather than a standard ruling by law and brute force. Pin people against others by using social credit system as that requires artificial intelligence.

Using it to voilate human rights and control all people's lives.

The Devil!Rat dropped in!