00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

HELP possible to upload renpy VNs?

786 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

ok so basically made a vn on renpy .

i spent about the past week just endlessly working on it and i created the basic demo..

i honestly never knew i would fall in love the the process of making VN'S, not that i do have the game it dawned on me that i literally dont even know how to upload it

becuase the renpy program has a built in "build" feature i have the pc and web files on my computer but whenever i try to upload it to NG it says something like "doesn't take .rar" i tried extracting it and putting the files into a zip folder which only kinda of worked. right now i can "preview it" on NG but i just get a black screen.

im not gonna lie there is probably a simple solution to this but after the week of coding and drawing im pretty much exhausted.

guys please help me out i just want to upload my shitty game lol

and when you do explain to me , do it like im a toddler because im pretty dense

THANKS!

Response to HELP possible to upload renpy VNs? 2019-12-22 16:44:54

At 12/22/19 02:49 AM, darkmusher wrote: and when you do explain to me , do it like im a toddler because im pretty dense
THANKS!

NG can only take HTML5 game uploads. So if RenPy can export to that format, then select that instead of rar. I'm guessing, but it should give you a zipped folder with an index.html inside, and that's what you upload.

If you did select HTML5 and it gave you a rar, then I would un-rar it, and then zip it instead since that's the format NG is looking for.