00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 185 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Xbox Series X

647 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iu_77829_6854004.jpg

What are people's thoughts on it?

Personally I think they should have named is something else to make people less confused about it. Cause theres also a Xbox One X and that I think people would think this is a normal Xbox One X that looks different.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-13 12:46:31

At 12/13/19 12:32 PM, DevAesthetic wrote:
Personally I think they should have named is something else to make people less confused about it. Cause theres also a Xbox One X and that I think people would think this is a normal Xbox One X that looks different.

Thats the console i am getting in 2020. Looks cool

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-13 13:07:15

At 12/13/19 12:32 PM, DevAesthetic wrote: Personally I think they should have named is something else to make people less confused about it.

You're just mad that they didn't name it Xbox 2.

Was anyone seriously expecting it to be named that?

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-13 15:22:39

At 12/13/19 01:07 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 12/13/19 12:32 PM, DevAesthetic wrote: Personally I think they should have named is something else to make people less confused about it.

I've been mad at the fact that the xbox one was named the xbox one and not xbox 720

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-13 15:30:57

At 12/13/19 03:22 PM, DevAesthetic wrote: I've been mad at the fact that the xbox one was named the xbox one and not xbox 720

What about the Xbox 2 being named Xbox 360?

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-13 18:15:02

The names not as bad as Xbox One but not by much.

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-14 01:15:45

The Xbox Sex has a stupid shape and has a stupid name.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-14 09:46:41

And people said Gamecube looked weird...

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-14 12:10:36

With a design like that the rumored backwards compatibility better be hardware based.

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-15 02:54:17

I don't mind how it looks, honestly this is the most box-looking X Box ever so it's fitting. just might not slot in well with people's entertainment centers. There's a reason most entertainment electronics are shaped like VCRs.

I always go Sony, so i don't have a stake in this, but hopefully Microsoft steps up its exclusive game this generation. Sony really butchered them on exclusives. alsi PS5 is going to "eliminate loading times" with its proprietary solid state disk drives, they're using it as a selling point. any news on neat features like that from Microsoft?

Series X is an awful name btw. i don't know what boardroom thinktank names these consoles but they need to be replaced. X Box One was bad and confusing, X Box One X was worse and this one takes the cake. I expect the upgraded version called X Box Series X X to be released in a year.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-17 01:43:05

Microsoft clarified that it's the first in a long-term line of consoles simply called "Xbox", with Series X being the one in the immediate future. So, they'll essentially be releasing these like iPhones... or Zunes. For me, simply calling it "Xbox" isn't an improvement.

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-17 10:56:47

I think you're totally spot on with the name thing. The look is interesting, not in a bad way. I think I'll be skipping this console generation at least at first. I just got back into PC gaming personally.

brains.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-17 11:16:34

It's kinda obsolete besides. I looked at the speficiations.

Three words that come out of my mouth.

Just A PC.

It's a PC you have to pay an extra whopping bill on to use multiplayer on. Honestly, Console gaming isn't worth anything besides the physical discs. Outside of that, PC's gotten so advanced in gamepad support, hardware wise, even the game library is enough to overshadow a console. Most consoles don't even have backwards compatibility. While PC games from 2005 To now can run on a modern home computer system and be played. They are exceptions to this, but on average you can play decade old games on new hardware. It's disheartening....

I liked seventh generation and sixth generation consoles. They felt unique, played unique games, and fundamentally unique. Buying a Wii wasn't the same as buying a PS3, or an Xbox 360. All of the systems had a unique personality to them. While eightth generation I have nothing truely nice to say besides the Wii U atleast offered exclusives, but third party wise... We all know this. I won't be shocked that three years by now, we will have emulators getting closer and closer to the lack of unique hardware in home consoles making piracy on their games something crazy... Software wise. I found eighth generation consoles were just upgraded versions of seventh generation games without the uniqueness or charm. How many games took advantage of Six Axis, or Kinect? Or even motion controls? There was not a single game that took advantage of the hardware of the consoles.

This comes form an EX-CONSOLE owner. I used to play on ps2 during my childhood, teen years on playstation 3, and ps4 during the late part before eighteen. To be honest. I found games on PC just more fun with the ridicious support, legacy support, but I won't shame people getting a console as it is an easy way to get into gaming, but it will lock you into an ecosystem that won't be worth your time. I find these next generation consoles will be overshadowed by handheld. As the Nintendo Switch has already outsold the Xbox One. I want to see another legitimate competitor to the Nintendo Switch as I find nothing compares to it besides the Playstation Vita, I loved that system. A great handheld with great ports of games.

Didn't mean to make it a rant, but honestly. Why buy the new console if most of the software isn't even exclusive anymore or STILL HAVE TO SWALLOW THE BITTER PILL TO PAY FOR MULTIPLAYER WHILE FREE ON PC? ( I know about the extra games, but examine the quality of them and how much time as an adult will you truly put on them )

The Devil!Rat dropped in!

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-17 11:19:53

Xbox's naming convention admitly is crap to be fair. I remember the Xbox One was gonna be called the Xbox 720, but calling it the Xbox One makes no sense as it forces people to call the Xbox, the Original Xbox. Playstation admitly has better naming conventions and nintendo.

Everyone can get down behind. "Playstation 1, 2, 3, and 4", Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii, ( Not Wii U ), and Switch. They tell you something about the console. Wii U sucks at naming, but the games were unique to it though.

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-17 11:20:54

At 12/13/19 03:22 PM, DevAesthetic wrote:
I've been mad at the fact that the xbox one was named the xbox one and not xbox 720

I see your point, they should've called this Xbox Scarlet/ Xbox X series to Xbox 1080 or 4000.

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-17 12:48:54

At 12/17/19 11:20 AM, WeaponizedAutist wrote: I see your point, they should've called this Xbox Scarlet/ Xbox X series to Xbox 1080 or 4000.

I was kinda hoping they would call it the Xbox Five - With the Xbox One X being the fourth official one.

At least that would put the Xbox naming convention in line with PlayStation.

I must admit that Battlefield and Windows (7, 8, 8.1, 10) gave me that idea.

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-17 18:58:36 (edited 2019-12-17 18:59:12)

I think Xbox Skarlet was a better name

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-17 19:11:27

At 12/14/19 09:46 AM, Damianito2003 wrote: And people said Gamecube looked weird...

The Game Cube XL (Extra Long)

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-17 19:44:48

I think that microsoft has run out of ideas for products.

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-18 16:10:42

At 12/14/19 12:10 PM, Chdonga wrote: With a design like that the rumored backwards compatibility better be hardware based.

It'll surely be software, and I don't think it's rumoured. They've made it clear in the past that they're done with conventional generations, this will still run the Xbox One software with all the compatability of the old OS. They have to update and modify each game individually to get it to run on the bone1, after having to do the same on the 360, so it'd be pretty flat out for them to have to start that process from scratch again.

At 12/15/19 02:54 AM, Ultramartyr wrote: just might not slot in well with people's entertainment centers.

This is my only problem. I have literally nowhere I could fit this fuckin' thing.

I always go Sony, so i don't have a stake in this, but hopefully Microsoft steps up its exclusive game this generation. Sony really butchered them on exclusives. alsi PS5 is going to "eliminate loading times" with its proprietary solid state disk drives, they're using it as a selling point. any news on neat features like that from Microsoft?

imo, MS saved themselves this gen with game pass, which somehow still hasn't been recognized as the single biggest game changer this generation.

They don't have that many exclusives (although while I'm at it, they've had drastically more than they get credit for, considering also that the PS4 has by far the slimmest lineup of exclusives of any major PS system, they just put more effort into marketing them and making them a part of the 'brand') BUT the exclusives we do get on xbone are available day one for barely any addition to the subscription you're already paying.

I'd even say the PS4 has the better library, but I've played WAY more games on the xbox1box overall and I've gotten far more playtime out of the xbox exclusives we do get. Something like Forza Horizon 4 I probably never would've tried if I had to buy it, but as part of game pass I not only gave it a go, but have since sunk probably over a hundred hours into it and I'm still likely to keep coming back.

At 12/18/19 02:23 PM, Painbringer wrote: Now they're just calling it the Xbox...

That's... better? I think it's been obvious for a while that they're going the phone route of just one OS spread across a device line with a new model every year or two, rather than distinct generations. This will be more like version 5 or 6 of the Xbox One rather than a new system starting from scratch. But still, for the non tech savvy there's infinite better ways to communicate this.

At 12/17/19 07:11 PM, MrShmoods wrote:
At 12/14/19 09:46 AM, Damianito2003 wrote: And people said Gamecube looked weird...
The Game Cube XL (Extra Long)

Tallbox 180

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-19 14:06:38

At 12/17/19 07:44 PM, purnoe wrote: I think that microsoft has run out of ideas for products.

That's top tier irony considering every gaming console company has made a handheld, yet microsoft is like " whad-da-fuck is dat". I never said any of the handhelds were successful, but they were made.

Sega had a game gear and also tried Sega Nomad ( a genesis basically but close enough )

NEC made a Portable version of a Turbo Graphics / PC-Engine

Sony made a Playstation Portable and Playstation Vita

Nintendo made a series of Gameboys and Nintendo Dual Screens

Bandai made a damn Wonderswan series

Last but not least. Neo-GEO company made the mother fucking Neo Geo Pocket + Color.

N-gage being a thing.

Even Atari has made a handheld being the Atari Lynx...

What does Microsoft have to stand for? Ask me, what has microsoft done for handhelds again? Don't even think about " muh Windows Phone ". As that is mobile. A purely handheld console here counts.

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-19 14:19:04 (edited 2019-12-19 14:20:35)

At 12/19/19 02:06 PM, DevilRat wrote: What does Microsoft have to stand for? Ask me, what has microsoft done for handhelds again? Don't even think about " muh Windows Phone ". As that is mobile. A purely handheld console here counts.

"Microsoft Xbox Surface X"

Who knows, maybe a mobile Xbox could be part of the "Series."

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-19 14:32:49

The form factor is definitely something that peaked my interest. I kinda dig it, despite the larger than usual design. Depending on the price I might consider picking this up! As someone who wants to game with decent visual fidelity but doesn't want to shell out a grand on a pc this is right up my ally! I'm curious to see what the game lineup is like for this thing... hopefully not as disappointing as this generation.

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-19 18:55:32 (edited 2019-12-19 18:56:29)

I'm a lifelong nintendo person but personally ever since I got my xbox one years ago I've been in love with it

so much so that now I play my xbox one more than anything and always elect to play third party games on it, so I'm hella gonna pre order it and be an early adopter

unfortunately i think the name kinda sucks, too similar to one x and it reminds me a lot of how they name phones, hoping microsoft home consoles don't become a cash cow on the side to make money and they release one every year or two

also I don't like the design, too cumbersome and bulky and I can't put light up statues on top of it like I could the plastic part of my one s beside the fan

hail xbox for optimizing bethesda games

also ori

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-19 23:22:01

I don't care about the name. I like the way it looks, and it's very clearly not as large as some make it out to be. I mean, there's a controller right next to it for reference... I'll get one, may wait a bit depending on the price.

I have a One X currently.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-19 23:52:20

If it was red I would have thought it was a Brick.

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-20 00:04:24

It looks like a freaking refrigerator.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-20 00:08:57 (edited 2019-12-20 00:11:26)

It looks like a freaking refrigerator.

WOULD TOTALLY BUY IT!

If i had money :(

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox Series X 2019-12-20 15:57:28

also am I the only one that thinks it looks like one of those alexa machines

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature