00:00
00:00

NG Staff vs DA Staff

408 Views | 22 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-11-30 16:50:39

You wanna know what I like about the NG staff compared to DA staff despite our different opinions? You guys actually listen and have good reasons to stand your ground when you sense BS. Hell, you even have good reasons to lock threads considering some threads do cause a lot of drama. Here's how the DA staff handles locking threads:

iu_73390_7144494.png

Locking a thread within a day for a bump. Not for drama reasons, not for controversial reasons, but for a freaking bump. The thread was simply me offering a Christmas sale and I be fine if the thread was locked within three days or a week, but locking a thread within a freaking day? I love Deviantart, weirdness and all, but when it comes to the staff they do the most infuriating things sometimes. The only time they take criticism is when their asses are on the line such as with the new Eclipse background for the website, but taking it on a regular bases never happens from my point of view. Meanwhile, they either find a ridiculous reason to suspend someone, purposely give people the cold shoulder when complaints come in, or apply the rules to certain people.

I'm sorry if I'm being a bitch right now, just blowing off some steam. I'm not even mad, just a little annoyed. What's even more annoying, they purposely prevent you from posting another thread after recently locking one of your threads. If it wasn't for that I would of actually let this slide.

Anyone else had bad experience with the DA staff? I get they probably work hard sometimes and might not be in a mood to respond to things as any human, but then they do this crap.

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-11-30 18:13:45

I've never had a need to use Deviant Art, although back when I was in middle school (and early in high school) I would have gotten an account to poast my drawings (especially the Spongebob dressed as Link from Legend of Zelda I did for art class), had I a thought for actually sharing my stuff on the internet.

But damn, staff there need surgery.

Ass surgery.

To extract their heads.

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-11-30 18:52:16

yeah the deviantart staff are all bitches

i got banned from the forums cuz i talked about sex on the same website that features a shitload of furry fetish art

fuck them

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-11-30 18:58:05

At 11/30/19 04:50 PM, Garnet-Frost wrote: Locking a thread within a day for a bump. Not for drama reasons, not for controversial reasons, but for a freaking bump. The thread was simply me offering a Christmas sale and I be fine if the thread was locked within three days or a week, but locking a thread within a freaking day?

I’ll throw DA a bone, here, and say that I’m not a fan of bumps either as they don’t add anything to the post. Threads with successive bumps look crummy. That said, I’d be inclined to delete the “bump” rather than straight-up lock the thread. Locking it assumes a bump in the near future.

In my opinion, individual NG mods have different approaches. Some are uptight and others are laid back. Some are personable while others find it easier not to be to get things done.

Meanwhile, they either find a ridiculous reason to suspend someone, purposely give people the cold shoulder when complaints come in, or apply the rules to certain people.

I can almost guarantee that’s said about staff on all sites. People are the heroes of their own story - they don’t understand when they’re doing something wrong from another person’s perspective.

Anyone else had bad experience with the DA staff? I get they probably work hard sometimes and might not be in a mood to respond to things as any human, but then they do this crap.

No, as DA sucks. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-11-30 19:05:19

At 11/30/19 06:52 PM, StaticSkull2 wrote: yeah the deviantart staff are all bitches
i got banned from the forums cuz i talked about sex on the same website that features a shitload of furry fetish art
fuck them

That is pretty ironic. I remember I was suspended for two weeks for trying to report someone who got carried away bullying me even after I apologized for my behavior. They even had a journal with my name on it that had a bunch of people mocking and making fun of me and they never took it down. When I tried to report it the staff suspended me instead for two weeks and after that this bully and her friend still mocked me. Now I'm not pointing fingers, but the subject of the journal dealt with feminism and some of the DA staff are feminists sooooo it makes them look suspicious in my book.

On the bright side, the dumb worthless cunts only managed to suspend one of my fucking accounts. You ever seen that anime Naruto where a person accidentally attacks a ninja clone and not the real ninja? Well, that's what it felt like dodging that unjustified suspension. I had to tell people, through note, ofcourse, what happened. Sometimes I can't tell who's more incompetent, the DA staff or the Tumblr staff.

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-11-30 19:18:23 (edited 2019-11-30 19:19:02)

I’ll throw DA a bone, here, and say that I’m not a fan of bumps either as they don’t add anything to the post. Threads with successive bumps look crummy. That said, I’d be inclined to delete the “bump” rather than straight-up lock the thread. Locking it assumes a bump in the near future.

Yeah, that seems better.

In my opinion, individual NG mods have different approaches. Some are uptight and others are laid back. Some are personable while others find it easier not to be to get things done. I can almost guarantee that’s said about staff on all sites. People are the heroes of their own story - they don’t understand when they’re doing something wrong from another person’s perspective.

Yeah, that is true.

No, as DA sucks. ;)

The best part of DA is the art, the groups, and a couple of other things although most might be based off my nostalgia. I only stay for the art, plus it was my first art website I ever joined. So even though some of the staff annoy me sometimes I couldn't see myself leaving unless something really, really, really, really, really bad happened.

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-11-30 22:38:54

da sucks ass

BBS Signature

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-01 16:35:45

who the hell still uses deviant art?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-01 16:42:08

Well they don't have a Fro so they're already hurting a bit in that aspect.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-01 17:16:24

At 12/1/19 04:42 PM, CoachFro wrote: Well they don't have a Fro so they're already hurting a bit in that aspect.

I think you guys should make me a mod already, just so I can say I aint a digital snitchbitch and reject the title in the harshest way.

fro's ok though, not that he's really here....

BBS Signature

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-01 17:31:35

At 12/1/19 04:35 PM, Leidolfr wrote: who the hell still uses deviant art?

*raises hand*

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-01 21:18:58

I'm not a forum mod but yea I like NG's modding practices

Zombie: ...............

To be or not to be?

LOL! Fighto!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-02 07:29:51

yeah, i'm a tom fulp stan, too

not sure about his brother, though (possibly adopted? investigation needed)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-02 10:15:29 (edited 2019-12-02 10:17:09)

As someone who rarely uses DA anymore, the staff there have a couple of issues I feel. :( :

Pros:

• If they respond to flagged content, content is usually gone in a day
  • Usually respond in a few hours or a day on the forums regarding issues (unless it's the weekend)
  • 100+ Community Volunteers / Mods (which last I recall, you actively have to apply for and show you will take it seriously and such)
  • 40+ Admin / staff around the world for handling admin and site updates (iirc)

Cons:

• For whatever reason, mods and admins do NOTHING on weekends, if someone is causing issues Friday night, don't expect it to even be looked into until Monday
  • If something is traced, outside of noting what art was traced, most the time, they require the artist who is having their art being traced to be the one to speak up and not all artists having their art traced are on DA
  • As the opening post notes, for whatever reason, they are finicky about handling bullying type issues and may just end up banning the user being bullied while the people giving them a hard time and such get off scot-free, even more so if the user has a bunch of white knights for some reason

That all being said, you do find nice art and artists on there if you look past a lot of the odd stuff that tends to be submitted.

Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-02 12:29:43 (edited 2019-12-02 12:30:49)

At 11/30/19 07:05 PM, Garnet-Frost wrote:
At 11/30/19 06:52 PM, StaticSkull2 wrote: yeah the deviantart staff are all bitches
fuck them
That is pretty ironic. I remember I was suspended for two weeks for trying to report someone who got carried away bullying me even after I apologized for my behavior. They even had a journal with my name on it that had a bunch of people mocking and making fun of me and they never took it down. When I tried to report it the staff suspended me instead for two weeks and after that this bully and her friend still mocked me. Now I'm not pointing fingers, but the subject of the journal dealt with feminism and some of the DA staff are feminists sooooo it makes them look suspicious in my book.

Wow, reminds me of a highschool or something.

Mercilessly bully/harass people and run your mouth about it 24/7?

Nothing happens to you.

Dare to imply that bullying happens or that the staff aren't doing the best job by reporting said activity?

Get suspended, expelled, or even charged with wiretapping.

This is why humanity should be subject to termination at any time, where are the martians when you need them?

Sleep so many dream, sugar prince.

لن أريكم مكان صنع عصير الليمون. నిమ్మకాయ లేదు.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-02 22:48:46

Clearly you guys are overreacting.

I mean, have you seen the new dark theme on there? Damn, if I didn't know better I would have thought that this was the exact same site with the exact same dubious management as before.

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-02 22:51:19

ng is the only forum I know that doesn't get offended at harmless shitposting

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-03 01:43:16 (edited 2019-12-03 01:48:13)

I'm just glad there a few havens left for "freedom of expression". I haven't posted at DA in years but I recall there was some illustrations I simply couldn't put up there and their mods were "a bit chaotic", inconsistent, and slap-dash in how they enforced the rules. Yet it's ODD how the rules are skirted by certain artists over yonder. Aka, lotsa inflation,vore,and diaper stuff yet you can't post two consenting sentient beings actually humping each other! As such NG gets my vote for that reason alone!

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-03 03:34:54 (edited 2019-12-03 03:36:25)

At 12/3/19 01:43 AM, nightsavior wrote: I'm just glad there a few havens left for "freedom of expression". I haven't posted at DA in years but I recall there was some illustrations I simply couldn't put up there and their mods were "a bit chaotic", inconsistent, and slap-dash in how they enforced the rules. Yet it's ODD how the rules are skirted by certain artists over yonder. Aka, lotsa inflation,vore,and diaper stuff yet you can't post two consenting sentient beings actually humping each other! As such NG gets my vote for that reason alone!

The same problem tends to happen to nude pictures. Post a picture of a naked big boob woman without a mature filter and nothing is usually done, but post a picture of a naked man without a mature filter and prepare to either be suspended or banned. Worst part, they don't give you a chance to defend yourself. At one point I have heard rumors of the DA staff were taking down pictures of female characters for looking too young despite the fact said "female character" is over 18.

For example, most of the DA staff didn't know that Pearl from Splatoon was 21 and they were taking down a few of the fanart pictures. However, to be fair I didn't know Pearl was 21 for awhile either. Also I noticed they sometimes apply the rules to smaller artists, but don't do shit against larger artists. If I didn't know any better I say there's certain favoritism going on that website.

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-03 12:54:25

At 12/3/19 03:34 AM, Garnet-Frost wrote: For example, most of the DA staff didn't know that Pearl from Splatoon was 21 and they were taking down a few of the fanart pictures. However, to be fair I didn't know Pearl was 21 for awhile either. Also I noticed they sometimes apply the rules to smaller artists, but don't do shit against larger artists. If I didn't know any better I say there's certain favoritism going on that website.

Anecdotally, NG has had to take down Splatoon character NSFW pics. This was down to a copyright order (I forget the technical term) issued by Nintendo. I would suspect DA would be subject to the same requests.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-03 14:52:26

At 12/3/19 03:34 AM, Garnet-Frost wrote:
At 12/3/19 01:43 AM, nightsavior wrote: I'm just glad there a few havens left for "freedom of expression". I haven't posted at DA in years but I recall there was some illustrations I simply couldn't put up there and their mods were "a bit chaotic", inconsistent, and slap-dash in how they enforced the rules. Yet it's ODD how the rules are skirted by certain artists over yonder. Aka, lotsa inflation,vore,and diaper stuff yet you can't post two consenting sentient beings actually humping each other! As such NG gets my vote for that reason alone!
The same problem tends to happen to nude pictures. Post a picture of a naked big boob woman without a mature filter and nothing is usually done, but post a picture of a naked man without a mature filter and prepare to either be suspended or banned. Worst part, they don't give you a chance to defend yourself. At one point I have heard rumors of the DA staff were taking down pictures of female characters for looking too young despite the fact said "female character" is over 18.

For example, most of the DA staff didn't know that Pearl from Splatoon was 21 and they were taking down a few of the fanart pictures. However, to be fair I didn't know Pearl was 21 for awhile either. Also I noticed they sometimes apply the rules to smaller artists, but don't do shit against larger artists. If I didn't know any better I say there's certain favoritism going on that website.

I think there is a bit of nepotism/bias everywhere but I like how in newgrounds just because someone might be "unpopular" in one place (Forums for example) said person can still do okay as an artist,animator,or musician. I like how even if you get a ban it doesn't lock you out of "everything". Aka, you can get temporarily banned on the boards but still post your creations and blogs. That's a much fairer case by case system than a ban effecting "all" your site privileges at once.

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-03 19:34:09

At 12/3/19 12:54 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 12/3/19 03:34 AM, Garnet-Frost wrote: For example, most of the DA staff didn't know that Pearl from Splatoon was 21 and they were taking down a few of the fanart pictures. However, to be fair I didn't know Pearl was 21 for awhile either. Also I noticed they sometimes apply the rules to smaller artists, but don't do shit against larger artists. If I didn't know any better I say there's certain favoritism going on that website.

Anecdotally, NG has had to take down Splatoon character NSFW pics. This was down to a copyright order (I forget the technical term) issued by Nintendo. I would suspect DA would be subject to the same requests.

Well that's just weird. Besides, Nintendo is definitely getting ahead of themselves with that request because the internet is infinitely huge and when artists, or any creator, decide they like something fanart is the number one way to show that appreciation. Personally, as long as the character is over 18 I don't see a problem NSFW fanart.

Response to NG Staff vs DA Staff 2019-12-03 20:00:55 (edited 2019-12-03 20:01:45)

At 12/3/19 07:34 PM, Garnet-Frost wrote:
At 12/3/19 12:54 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
Well that's just weird. Besides, Nintendo is definitely getting ahead of themselves with that request because the internet is infinitely huge and when artists, or any creator, decide they like something fanart is the number one way to show that appreciation. Personally, as long as the character is over 18 I don't see a problem NSFW fanart.

Nintendo has always been tipsy turby with fan-art. Sometimes they don't seem to care and even celebrate it and other times they bring down the hammer. Probably not so much the developers as much as it is the legal team. I also remember when SEGA's lawyers tried to purge the internet of the phenomenally good Streets Of Rage Remake by bomber games but it had been seeded and spread so many times it was a pointless endeavor to purge it. Regardless, the devs made it a free download so it's not as if they were profiting from their fan project.