00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 197 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Was FF15 actually good?

198 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Was FF15 actually good? 2019-11-27 23:46:21

I didn't play it. I skipped on it and got Kingdom Hearts 3. Should I have played FF15 instead?

Zombie: ...............

To be or not to be?

LOL! Fighto!

Response to Was FF15 actually good? 2019-11-28 08:36:57

I found a copy at GameStop for 8 bucks. I'll pick it up tomorrow and tell you how it is

Response to Was FF15 actually good? 2019-12-02 19:36:22

It definitely has its flaws but honestly I found it a breath of fresh air after my huge lack of love for XIII. Exploring was a lot more like it, although I did question the moments when driving was automatic at some parts. Plot wise, it's nothing amazing overall but the main cast was a lot of fun to have. Personally, it's worth checking out at least once.

Response to Was FF15 actually good? 2019-12-02 19:57:57

Didn't look "completely terrible" and I understand why fan girls with a pretty-boy fetish would love it. The juxtaposition of "modern/futuristic" layered atop a more fantastical world at the very least holds potential. I heard and read the storyline had issues though and there were some dlcs that did not get finished that were supposed to remedy that. PS: And this version of Cid is the best one yet if you know what I mean! Giggity goo!

Response to Was FF15 actually good? 2019-12-02 20:40:30

At 11/27/19 11:46 PM, JessePajamas wrote: I didn't play it. I skipped on it and got Kingdom Hearts 3. Should I have played FF15 instead?

At launch? No. But with the Royal Edition it should be good since it has all the DLC and revised story moments.

BUT if you want the real experience Square initially wanted..... Verum Rex......

Response to Was FF15 actually good? 2019-12-02 21:11:04

They nailed the feeling of being on a road trip with your friends so hard, that I'd same the game is enjoyable yet very very flawed.

Response to Was FF15 actually good? 2019-12-02 21:21:39

It's a very fun and enjoyable game, but it's not a good Final Fantasy game if that makes sense

BBS Signature

Response to Was FF15 actually good? 2019-12-03 02:41:13

If you're not in the mood for Action Fantasy Road Trip Simulator 2016 then don't force yourself to play it. But if you think that's totally your jam then go for it. There's a lot to love in this game, but there's also a lot to hate if it's not your thing so make sure you know what you're getting into.

I played it in its entirety and loved every bit of it, but some days I just wasn't feelin it and shelved it for a day or two until I was pumped for cruising the highways of FFXV again.

Case and point: If it's your kind of game and you're in the mood, it's a fantastic game.

Response to Was FF15 actually good? 2019-12-03 10:42:52

At 11/27/19 11:46 PM, JessePajamas wrote: I didn't play it. I skipped on it and got Kingdom Hearts 3. Should I have played FF15 instead?

I would say the two games are very similar in that the fighting style is almost the same, it's about the same in repetitiveness, and the story makes about the same amount of sense.

I enjoyed FF15 a lot and I got as close to 100% as my mind could mentally deal. There were some no-respawn dungeon mazes that meandered what felt like WELL BELOW Earth's core and were extremely time consuming to complete and was mostly just copy pasta rooms with new baddies to fight.

On the positives, the visuals are godlike and there's something really cool about seeing a giant monster in the background of a landscape and running up to it for a battle. That's the biggest difference with KH, which ONLY utilizes *POOF* Enemies appear random battle time! - whereas it's actually kind of easy to avoid battle if you want in FF15.