00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 170 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Brickfilmers Assemble!

1,118 Views | 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-14 16:12:26

If you've seen the news lately (or seen GBP’s multiple retweets on Twitter!) then you know that YouTube recently added some new policies regarding "kids-directed" content. Essentially, anything that is perceived as content that may attract kids will have comments, likes, sharing, etc. removed - and anyone who tries to get around that system may get fined by the FTC.

Basically, for us brickfilmers and Lego animators, it's bad news.

You may or may not have noticed a sudden increase in Lego movies and brickfilms as of late - we brickfilmers are migrating! Until YouTube removes the new regulations and lets us keep animating, we've got to look into other options. Thankfully, Newgrounds exists and has given us quite the welcome!

What I'd like to do with this post is to use it for you, my fellow brickfilming friends! Please leave a comment below with a link to your Newgrounds account and your brickfilms, so that way we can figure out who all is here (and so I can follow you if I haven't already!)

The end of our time on YouTube doesn't have to be the end of it all. Let's keep the community alive and burn brighter than before!

Peace out.

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-14 16:14:39

Thanks for sharing, AP! I'm Chris, aka Gold Brick Productions, and I love brickfilming and the community. We've had a setback in our journey with this whole YT catastrophe, but rest assured, we will not go down in flames. Onwards!

Newgrounds | Twitter | Instagram | Don't bump my set

BBS Signature

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-14 16:16:56

At 11/14/19 04:12 PM, AwesomepantsFilms wrote: If you've seen the news lately (or seen GBP’s multiple retweets on Twitter!) then you know that YouTube recently added some new policies regarding "kids-directed" content. Essentially, anything that is perceived as content that may attract kids will have comments, likes, sharing, etc. removed - and anyone who tries to get around that system may get fined by the FTC.

You may or may not have noticed a sudden increase in Lego movies and brickfilms as of late - we brickfilmers are migrating! Until YouTube removes the new regulations and lets us keep animating, we've got to look into other options. Thankfully, Newgrounds exists and has given us quite the welcome!

What I'd like to do with this post is to use it for you, my fellow brickfilming friends! Please leave a comment below with a link to your Newgrounds account and your brickfilms, so that way we can figure out who all is here (and so I can follow you if I haven't already!)

The end of our time on YouTube doesn't have to be the end of it all. Let's keep the community alive and burn brighter than before!

Hey, I'm Cloudy. I recently migrated to the site as everyone else interested in making brickfilms and I have already uploaded a few remastered versions of my videos. Click here if you wanna check out my profile.

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-14 16:28:32

I'm Nick Douglas, AKA OneDouglas Studios. I'll be uploading my brickfilms here in case something happens with my YouTube channel. (Well, not my old ones.)

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-14 16:56:32

Henllo! Iss me!

GUATEMAX Animations!

A fellow brickfilming lady who has also migrated here!

Here's my account with my few films!

https://guatemaxanimations.newgrounds.com/

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-14 17:00:53

Well then. I certainly don't like the way youtube is heading, I'll take the oppurtunity to upload some remastered versions of my brickfilms when I have the time over Christmas. Until then, happy brickfilming, hope you all find an audience here.

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-14 17:05:09

I'm Ziltrag Productions (you can call me Evan) and I enjoy brickfilming. When I found out youtube was going to take away my comments and strict my content down to one audience I moved here. I need that constructive criticism from comments, Its what makes my films better! Anyway I came over here "in search for a new life" I guess.

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-14 17:24:28

Hi it's me Darren! Another brickfilmer joining the newgrounds! I hope youtube changes the policy. Until then, this seems like a fine place to settle.

Here's my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQxVgcwTwYi1hVYTtK7JG7A?view_as=subscriber

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-14 18:32:26

You know me, just a normal guy making animations, nothing too serious nor fancy. Some one who believes that we shall all unite as one under the face of an uncertain future.

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-14 18:43:42

Most if you know me, but I am LiamLegoStudios! Glad to see the amount of brickfilmers using Newgrounds.

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-14 20:28:35

Ayyyyyyy! My name is Hudson Ludy, formerly YummyBurrito on YouTube. I make random stuff but am most popular for early 2000s LEGO nostalgia animations. So follow me or face my wrath.

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-14 22:30:53

Hi! I'm END films, just created an account just in case YT implodes as well as to interact with other brickfilms put on here.

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-15 01:36:53

So, I did it. I signed up over here.

Like many of you, I've grown weary of Youtube's shenanigans and decided to begin exploring other options for video hosting and community building. I'm excited about what the future will hold for the brickfilming community here.

I'll try to get some of my films on here soon, but for now, I've already uploaded my magnum opus.

"And Men Loved Darkness"

You can find it here.

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-15 12:39:33

Welcome everyone. Happy you could find our nice little community here for your animations. It's not quite like Youtube so it might take a little bit of getting use to, but that's kind of the point... it's not like youtube.

BBS Signature

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-15 13:12:57

At 11/15/19 12:39 PM, CoachFro wrote: Welcome everyone. Happy you could find our nice little community here for your animations. It's not quite like Youtube so it might take a little bit of getting use to, but that's kind of the point... it's not like youtube.

"It's not like YouTube"

Best sales pitch I've heard all day!

BBS Signature

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-15 13:49:29

At 11/15/19 12:39 PM, CoachFro wrote: Welcome everyone. Happy you could find our nice little community here for your animations. It's not quite like Youtube so it might take a little bit of getting use to, but that's kind of the point... it's not like youtube.

Thanks for the welcome!

and yeah, it’s not like YouTube, but that’s the main reason we came here! It’s been an awesome experience so far!

Peace out.

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-15 16:16:55

Trying something new and seeing where things go!

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-16 01:01:35

I am Aneli, author, filmmaker and a Renaissance Lady. https://aneli.newgrounds.com/

Renaissance Lady.

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-16 11:30:50

Greetings all!

I'm Sean Johnson aka SeanDoubleJ on YouTube as well as Newgrounds! The uncertainty of 2020's version of YouTube brought me here.

I just uploaded my first video here. I plan to eventually upload some older ones as well.

My YouTube channel can be found here.

My Newgrounds profile can be found here.

I look forward to being part of this community! 😀

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-16 13:01:01

At 11/14/19 04:12 PM, AwesomepantsFilms wrote: If you've seen the news lately (or seen GBP’s multiple retweets on Twitter!) then you know that YouTube recently added some new policies regarding "kids-directed" content. Essentially, anything that is perceived as content that may attract kids will have comments, likes, sharing, etc. removed - and anyone who tries to get around that system may get fined by the FTC.

Follow me on here! Glad we could all make it.

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-16 17:22:31

Oh, so that explains the huge influx of LEGO stop-motion movies in the Portal!

I'm not a brickfilmer myself, I'm just here to give you all a warm "welcome to NG"! Lookin' foward to more of these!

BBS Signature

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-16 18:31:35

I've been watching alot of brickfilms as a kid back then. This gives me the desire to become a brickfilmer. I unfortunately do not have the Lego sets I need and a proper camera to film so.

Unity, Duty, Destiny.

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-16 19:12:29 (edited 2019-11-16 19:13:00)

I'm not a brick man myself, I'm just here to welcome you all to our dark little corner of the internet and I hope the lot of you stick around for years to come.

Welcome to Newgrounds and I can't wait to see everyone's movies once you've all got them up!

This poast is brought to you by the writer of a fanfiction that critics called "Really out of character" and "Gae"!

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-16 20:42:27

Hey Guys, Adam here (AKA Castlerock15) and welcome to Newgrounds! I know the changes on YouTube will severely affect our channels there, But I'm glad we now have this website to call home. Great to be here with you guys and know I'm here should you need help with any of your animations (E.g. Voice acting.) :)

Now in Mint Flavour

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-16 20:59:57

hello I am Slotborg. I make brickfilms as well. I'll probably upload a few of my better brickfilms here and from now on I'll upload videos both here and Youtube.

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-17 11:30:19

At 11/16/19 05:22 PM, thomasisnthere wrote: Oh, so that explains the huge influx of LEGO stop-motion movies in the Portal!

I'm not a brickfilmer myself, I'm just here to give you all a warm "welcome to NG"! Lookin' foward to more of these!

I was wondering how long before the regulars of NG noticed :D We were all joking about it on Discord, wondering what people would think about the sudden flood of brickfilms over the past week!

BBS Signature

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-17 11:30:23

Not a brickfilmer myself (Although used to mess around with Lego stopmotion when I was younger) but hopefully you guys feel welcome here, looking forward to seeing what you guys can bring to the table!

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-17 14:58:46

this is so epic!

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-17 17:41:59

I thought I get the love rolling here and share y'all one of my animations that I just uploaded here.

It's an oldie (2013) but glad to get it available here due to the fact I had to privatize all my videos on YouTube.

This one I based on a topic my brother and I were discussing about The Dark Knight.

Now in Mint Flavour

Response to Brickfilmers Assemble! 2019-11-18 11:53:36

I am sillypenta, and I have been brickfilming since 2007. I am currently working on a major production that I must say I am now looking forward to publishing as a new release on Newgrounds. Thanks to the non-brickfilmers for the welcomes.