00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 175 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Seed Studios - Video game artists?

126 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Greetings!

I am working on a video game with influences being; Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Mario Odyssey, and Spyro the Dragon. 

I would like to ask you if you like any of those games and would like to hear more about the project to have you invest some of your spare time on this with us? We're working on this out of passion with no intention of stopping, nor do we expect any form of reward more than a video game in our portfolio. If you are interested; read on!

The pitch:

”Flower” also means “to decorate with flowers.” This game revolves around “Flower Boy” - an “ant-like” flower-influenced protagonist. With the ability to manipulate the environment with his body and his Terra-hands (Earth-hands), his natural instincts to restore the world from its withering environments will continuously leave a trail of flowers behind him as he passionately cleanse the worlds with his magical powers. 

We lack people at the art department to really visualize the game, and i thought i'd ask if you guys would be interested to take part in this and perhaps add this ambitious project to your portfolio?

Here is screenshot of our current model: 

iu_66857_7664486.jpg

What sets this project apart?

The Terra-hands (earth hands) feature “block building” and will be a relatively unique installment for a platformer, and will more than likely inspire other game developers to draw inspiration from our game. By the use of Terra-hands, Flower Boy will be able to create “blocks” that can be manipulated in various ways for example; building platforms, or using blocks as tools to bypass obstacles. These hands can also penetrate light rock formations to open up pathways, and also carry over-sized objects due to their giant proportions. The game will focus on exploring and be very environment manipulative which will keep the player engaged in various trains of thought-, yet rewarding and exciting new challenges.

Let me know if you want to participate. We are as mentioned above just passionate about game design are are just doing this for fun. Who knows what the future holds, right?

AP

Lead Game Designer with over 15+ years experience in game design.

iu_66856_7664486.png

BBS Signature