00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 189 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

2d Game Designer (Need Programmer)

161 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This is a relatively simple project, I call it 'Sporoz'. It's a single player 2d space game, progress through the levels controlling spores via clicks to launch them around space finding resources on asteroids and debris. They can multiply and mutate if given the right resources. There is an industrious alien race who are hostile to the Sporozoans, called the 'Dustri'.

I'm looking for a programmer to code Sporoz, and possibly another person to help with the level design and game progression, or if you're a multi-talent that will be good too. I currently have a working concept of the game in vector art form, which includes basic user interface, menus, several levels, and some different game objects. I'd like to strive toward a mobile platform, web, or both (hopefully monetized).

If you'd like to help, please join the Sporoz Dev Discord: https://discord.gg/NnqQRHF

Response to 2d Game Designer (Need Programmer) 2019-10-29 11:52:51

That's interesting. How big of a game this is going to be?

Response to 2d Game Designer (Need Programmer) 2019-10-29 13:17:10

At 10/29/19 11:52 AM, Knight52 wrote: That's interesting. How big of a game this is going to be?

Hello, I am not entirely sure how 'big' the game is going to be, since the term is so general.

I think Sporoz dimensions will be 1200 (wide) by 900 (tall).

The actual playing field will be in open space, with objects with a circular bounds, crossing the bound line objects will just travel to the opposite edge. The size of the bounds I think would vary from level to level, perhaps kind of small in early levels, maybe 2-5 times the size of the dimensions of the game, reaching up to 6-10 times in later levels.

The length of the game itself is something I'm not entirely sure about, I think at least 20-30 levels would be a good start. Each level should be able to be completed by the player in 3 minutes and upwards of 15 minutes, depending on the goal, difficulty chosen, and how many times the player has to restart if they run out of resources or their spores die.

Response to 2d Game Designer (Need Programmer) 2019-10-31 15:15:28

I found a programmer partner, so one will no longer be needed, thank you.