00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Herozaitama just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Between The Ashes 2 - Short Scene

871 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

A few years ago, Between The Ashes released to high praise. It is a mod for Freespace Open, a space-sim shooter game engine. The mod was fully voice acted upon release. Playlist of trailers for the original mod. A full Let's Play of the mod.

Here is the final trailer I released back then.

I am now developing Chapter 2 and for now I need to get a single cutscene acted.

Auditions open until Nov. 1. Send submissions to mjn.mixael@gmail.com. You can also reach me on Discord. MjnMixael#4144

Here's the script.

Character A and B are both ex intelligence/military. Character A is male, a potentially recurring role. Character B can be either gender.

A: I received your message. What's this about?

B: Channel secure?

A: Secure confirmed. You said this was urgent. We shouldn't be contacting each other. The rebellion is long over.

B: I wouldn't have sent the message if it wasn't urgent.

A: Okay, okay. Let's hear it.

B: You remember that project from before?.. The one that could shut everything down?

A: Before Hades? I'm gonna nee-

B: No names! No keywords!

A: I said this was a secure channel. You don't trust me?

B: We both worked on the same projects back then... I don't trust the network. I'm talking about the one from before first contact.

A: ...The contingency...

B: Yes.

A: I thought it was abandoned or destroyed after I left?

B: More like lost.

A: LOST?!

B: I assumed it orbited into a star or crashed on a moon somewhere. I was wrong.

A: You found it?

B: Not exactly. After the rebellion; after I was released, I kept my ear to the ground.

A: I do not like where this is going.

B: History will judge us... It's time to make up for it. I need a favor. I need you to find it.

A: What? Why now?

B: ........Because it just became active.

Response to Between The Ashes 2 - Short Scene 2019-10-12 17:03:36

Is there a specific accent or accents prefer to be used?

Response to Between The Ashes 2 - Short Scene 2019-10-14 06:00:11

sent you an email with my audition. Might have double sent by accident. If you have any questions, or want to hear anything else from me please let me know

Do or do not, there is no try.

Unless you die like 60 times and gotta take a break and come back to it.

Use the FORRRRRRRRk

Response to Between The Ashes 2 - Short Scene 2019-10-14 09:35:53

At 10/12/19 05:03 PM, DogNutBoy wrote: Is there a specific accent or accents prefer to be used?

Good question. The storyline takes place hundreds of years after humans have left earth. Specific accents associated with particular nations would have changed or merged with others. So accents are fine as long as it's understandable, but not so heavy that your character is obviously Russian. Dunno if that helps.