00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need more votes for my art

1,799 Views | 47 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-12 09:07:35

At 10/11/19 08:43 PM, BillyRedSnake wrote: Right now, ya suck.

Well, at frame-by-frame animation anyway.

At 10/11/19 08:43 PM, BillyRedSnake wrote: When I started out, I sucked hard, same goes for everybody else on this entire website, but if you're willing to put in all that time, effort, and dedication to honing your craft and getting good, man I promise you with every fiber of my being that it is absolutely worth it, and you're gonna be proud as shit when you look back at your old work and cringe.

I don't think my work can be considered "cringe-worthy," unless I was just super lazy and drew stick figures all the time. I put a lot of effort into my art style, man. It didn't even need 1 year to get it right, just a few months!

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-12 10:04:24

At 10/12/19 09:07 AM, frischimation wrote: I don't think my work can be considered "cringe-worthy," unless I was just super lazy and drew stick figures all the time. I put a lot of effort into my art style, man. It didn't even need 1 year to get it right, just a few months!

To be honest I highly doubt you're putting as much effort into your work as you say you are. You haven't really gotten anything right in your art. You're not even aping the Loudhouse artstyle very well.

What kind of tools do you use to draw? Are you using a mouse or a stylus?

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

At 10/12/19 10:04 AM, Chdonga wrote: To be honest I highly doubt you're putting as much effort into your work as you say you are.

Well, I have. It took me a bit of practice to get it right, but I have.

At 10/12/19 10:04 AM, Chdonga wrote: You haven't really gotten anything right in your art. You're not even aping the Loudhouse artstyle very well.

Now that's one thing I can agree with. My art style is based on more than just The Loud House, you know.

At 10/12/19 10:04 AM, Chdonga wrote: What kind of tools do you use to draw? Are you using a mouse or a stylus?

I could have sworn I said I use a stylus.

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-12 11:14:54

At 10/12/19 09:07 AM, frischimation wrote:

At 10/11/19 08:43 PM, BillyRedSnake wrote: When I started out, I sucked hard, same goes for everybody else on this entire website, but if you're willing to put in all that time, effort, and dedication to honing your craft and getting good, man I promise you with every fiber of my being that it is absolutely worth it, and you're gonna be proud as shit when you look back at your old work and cringe.
I don't think my work can be considered "cringe-worthy," unless I was just super lazy and drew stick figures all the time. I put a lot of effort into my art style, man. It didn't even need 1 year to get it right, just a few months!

Okay, that's a good attitude to have.

If ya wanna keep sucking.

Which you will.

RedSnake's the name, out of character and gae is the game.

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-12 11:19:34

At 10/12/19 11:14 AM, BillyRedSnake wrote: Okay, that's a good attitude to have.
Which you will.

I know it's criticism, but... All of a sudden, I feel like you're degrading me out of jealousy - I feel worse than when SpongeBob felt that he was a terrible artist when he was under Squidward's teaching.

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-12 11:39:50

At 10/12/19 11:19 AM, frischimation wrote:
At 10/12/19 11:14 AM, BillyRedSnake wrote: Okay, that's a good attitude to have.
Which you will.
I know it's criticism, but... All of a sudden, I feel like you're degrading me out of jealousy - I feel worse than when SpongeBob felt that he was a terrible artist when he was under Squidward's teaching.

I'm degrading you because you're acting like a dumbass, I gave you advice that I learned through four years of personal experience, I then tried to encourage you to keep at it and get better, you then completely blew it off and denied any notion of needing improvement.

Personally, I don't give a damn what you do, just don't hop on the forum asking for votes, that's not what it's here for and that's not how the voting system works.

RedSnake's the name, out of character and gae is the game.

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-12 11:48:51

At 10/12/19 11:19 AM, frischimation wrote: I feel like you're degrading me out of jealousy - I feel worse than when SpongeBob felt that he was a terrible artist when he was under Squidward's teaching.

Believe me, nobody's jealous of your work.

BBS Signature

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-12 12:13:10

That would be true, if I didn't feel so hurt by the bad advice people are giving me. What they're giving me, I can't even see as criticism anymore!

You guys should chill, OP is literally autistic. They might not understand what they're doing isn't normal.

Also OP I know you're not "normal" but please realise that nobody is jealous of your work because you aren't a good artist at this point of your career. People aren't looking to insult you when they say your work is bad because it is. Don't think that you're better than anyone else because you're not.

If you're not careful you could be the next chris chan

BBS Signature

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-12 13:14:21

At 10/12/19 12:23 PM, MagtiraPaolo wrote: You guys should chill, OP is literally autistic. They might not understand what they're doing isn't normal.

Also OP I know you're not "normal" but please realise that nobody is jealous of your work because you aren't a good artist at this point of your career. People aren't looking to insult you when they say your work is bad because it is. Don't think that you're better than anyone else because you're not.

If you're not careful you could be the next chris chan

I didn't say i was better than anyone else, I said I worked way too hard for bad criticism to catch me. If there's a similarity, let me know.

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-12 14:04:52

At 10/12/19 01:14 PM, frischimation wrote: I didn't say i was better than anyone else, I said I worked way too hard for bad criticism to catch me. If there's a similarity, let me know.

You literally said you were spongebob under squidward and insinuated that people are jealous of your work. Isn't that thinking you're better? You also need to know that bad art will attract bad criticism. I'm sorry to say this, but in reality your art is bad, very bad. Effort doesn't always translate to quality.

BBS Signature

At 10/12/19 12:23 PM, MagtiraPaolo wrote: You guys should chill, OP is literally autistic. They might not understand what they're doing isn't normal.

I understand that. The way he deflected my advice to practice drawing backgrounds with the reasoning being that he's afraid someone from Nickelodeon would steal his art was really arrogant though. I had a hard time not believing he was a satire account after that comment.

Some 12 years ago I was in the same position as OP in a spriting forum demanding that the community should "learn to like my art". It took me a very long time to improve because I was just convinced that my River City Ransom sprite recolors were revolutionary. I'm sure OP can become a decent artist, but if he can't learn to put up with some meaner criticism he'll never get very far.

BBS Signature

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-12 19:05:57

At 10/12/19 02:09 PM, Chdonga wrote:
I understand that. The way he deflected my advice to practice drawing backgrounds with the reasoning being that he's afraid someone from Nickelodeon would steal his art was really arrogant though. I had a hard time not believing he was a satire account after that comment.

Some 12 years ago I was in the same position as OP in a spriting forum demanding that the community should "learn to like my art". It took me a very long time to improve because I was just convinced that my River City Ransom sprite recolors were revolutionary. I'm sure OP can become a decent artist, but if he can't learn to put up with some meaner criticism he'll never get very far.

And would everyone stop calling me OP? That literally means overpowered.

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-13 18:18:48

At 10/12/19 07:05 PM, frischimation wrote: And would everyone stop calling me OP? That literally means overpowered.

what the fuck? OP means original poster

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-13 18:24:42

At 10/7/19 05:26 AM, frischimation wrote: I could use more votes for my art - I want it to get on the front page,

"I never said I wanted to get on the front page"

and I really don't want a bad low-star vote, OK?

not ok, people will vote what they feel like it deserves

You should learn to like my art

that is one of the most ignorant things you could possibly say

At 10/7/19 11:31 AM, Oddlem wrote: posts horrifying image

dude imma puke

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-15 04:50:16

At 10/12/19 09:07 AM, frischimation wrote:

Well your frame by frame isnt THAT bad

you are now my friend

BBS Signature

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-15 06:58:26

Regardless of the fact that the OP may or may not be autistic, they're an example of why trolling should be considered a form of art. The responses OP gives are the epitome of literature.

At 10/12/19 12:13 PM, frischimation wrote: That would be true, if I didn't feel so hurt by the bad advice people are giving me. What they're giving me, I can't even see as criticism anymore!

Seriously though, almost everyone here has been giving you constructive criticism. If you consider these as "bad advice" you're choosing to pretend the problem doesn't exist. You need to accept that you won't be getting those good votes and praises unless your art improves. That starts by listening to what people say and not complaining the moment anyone says something the slightest bit harsh.

peskytarian

BBS Signature

Response to Need more votes for my art 2019-10-19 23:01:33

I'm going to follow this thread, because i haven't had a good laugh in awhile. Not that i'm laughing at your stuff, i just love the responses.

Chdonga's reponse is definitely my favorite.

At 10/11/19 04:44 PM, Chdonga wrote: I hope you're just screwing around in Paint because hoo boy this stuff is crap.