00:00
00:00

Halloween Spooktacular 2019

6,386 Views | 53 Replies
Respond to this Topic

We're coming up on the best time of year; our annual Halloween Spooktacular!

To participate, simply make a spooky / creepy / horror-themed animation, game, art or song. It can be funny or serious, as long as it fits the spirit of the season!

Release your entry any time between now and October 31st and tag it with "halloween2019" to participate.

As always, any music in your game or animation must be used with permission or from a source that has granted an open license / no copyright status. Here are some resources! If you’re a musician who has made spooky music, you could post it in this thread and let people know it’s ok to use in their games and animation.

There are PRIZES!

1) Best Animation - Scary - $100

2) Best Animation - Funny - $100

3) Best Game - $100

4) Best Song - $100

5) Best Art - $100

6) Best Story - $100 (share your story in the Writing Contest thread)

We may expand some of the prizes later based on category turn-out and how things are going with Supporters. If you can spare $3 per month or $25 for the year, your support would be greatly appreciated!

If you’re curious about previous Spooktaculars, here are the 2018 and 2017 winners.

October also has art events like Inktober and Octobit; be sure to tag your entries if you participate!

Some sad news: I was going to be introducing the GLAS: Animation Next screening in Philly this month but the screening got cancelled due to the venue having a temporary shut-down. Hopefully we’ll be able to revisit this in the future! On that note, three days remain to support the launch of GLAS Animation Festival 2020. This is a great festival and has nearly achieved the KS goal! Update: The goal was achieved! Thank you everyone who helped!

Also my back has gone out on my twice this month, which hasn’t stopped me from moving along with stuff but I haven’t been as responsive as usual due to not spending as many hours in front of the computer… I have a feeling that’s what got me here in the first place. The silver lining is I THINK this is part of me correcting a lifetime of bad posture and I hope I’ll be better off in the end.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 14:52:52

lookin forward to sum spooky shit

At 9/16/19 02:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: Also my back has gone out on my twice this month, which hasn’t stopped me from moving along with stuff but I haven’t been as responsive as usual due to not spending as many hours in front of the computer…

prayin for u old man

RIP STATICSKULL NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

I'm ready for some Spooky Stuff and Dance like from the video I liked.

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 15:27:01

Ooo. Looks intriguing. I'll consider this contest!

BBS Signature

I'm REALLY excited about this event!!!

iu_55542_7199224.gif

can’t wait to see what spooks people bring!

In the final stages of production for mine and @frasermcniven collaborative entry ;)

iu_55540_2468864.jpg

Where am I ... wait where ... what?

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 15:51:25

might be time for a standing desk set up?

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 15:56:23

At 9/16/19 03:51 PM, MindChamber wrote: might be time for a standing desk set up?

Been giving that a lot of consideration. At the least I need to prop my monitors up higher so I stop looking down towards them.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 16:15:51

At 9/16/19 03:56 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/16/19 03:51 PM, MindChamber wrote: might be time for a standing desk set up?
Been giving that a lot of consideration. At the least I need to prop my monitors up higher so I stop looking down towards them.

I've recently received a standing desk this last Friday in my office and it's been a huge help to my lower back and hip. I recommend it.

Also, is it too late for me to draft up a writing competition draft by tomorrow?

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 17:09:33

Get the holy water, and grab some wall chicken for the road because this is gonna be one hell of a ride https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/866741

At 9/16/19 02:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: We're coming up on the best time of year; our annual Halloween Spooktacular!

To participate, simply make a spooky / creepy / horror-themed animation, game, art or song. It can be funny or serious, as long as it fits the spirit of the season!

Release your entry any time between now and October 31st and tag it with "halloween2019" to participate.

As always, any music in your game or animation must be used with permission or from a source that has granted an open license / no copyright status. Here are some resources! If you’re a musician who has made spooky music, you could post it in this thread and let people know it’s ok to use in their games and animation.

There are PRIZES!

3) Best Game - $100
4) Best Song - $100
5) Best Art - $100

We may expand some of the prizes later based on category turn-out and how things are going with Supporters. If you can spare $3 per month or $25 for the year, your support would be greatly appreciated!

If you’re curious about previous Spooktaculars, here are the 2018 and 2017 winners.

October also has art events like Inktober and Octobit; be sure to tag your entries if you participate!

//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sabtastic/inktober-day-7-birdens
//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/luis/astro-boy

Some sad news: I was going to be introducing the GLAS: Animation Next screening in Philly this month but the screening got cancelled due to the venue having a temporary shut-down. Hopefully we’ll be able to revisit this in the future! On that note, three days remain to support the launch of GLAS Animation Festival 2020. This is a great festival and has nearly achieved the KS goal!

Also my back has gone out on my twice this month, which hasn’t stopped me from moving along with stuff but I haven’t been as responsive as usual due to not spending as many hours in front of the computer… I have a feeling that’s what got me here in the first place. The silver lining is I THINK this is part of me correcting a lifetime of bad posture and I hope I’ll be better off in the end.

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/719366

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 17:29:16

Happy Spooky Time, you guys! This is the best time to be on Newgrounds every year. I'm hoping for festive and funny stuff mostly, but no doubt the scary stuff is appreciated as well. :D The Halloween collection from last year was quite strong and will be hard to top, but I have a feeling this year will be even better.

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 17:52:57

I love Halloween and autumn ! Definetly gonna make something .. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 18:51:16

This could be the year! I dont think im good at spooky scary but maybe spooky funny!

MafQuest’64

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 19:23:01

I'm Gonna Dress Up A Top Hat Man On October!

gooad!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 19:30:40

At 9/16/19 05:09 PM, JamesRennaMusic wrote: Get the holy water, and grab some wall chicken for the road because this is gonna be one hell of a ride https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/866741

At 9/16/19 02:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: We're coming up on the best time of year; our annual Halloween Spooktacular!

There are PRIZES!

3) Best Game - $100
4) Best Song - $100
5) Best Art - $100

//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sabtastic/inktober-day-7-birdens
//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/luis/astro-boy

Some sad news: I was going to be introducing the GLAS: Animation Next screening in Philly this month but the screening got cancelled due to the venue having a temporary shut-down. Hopefully we’ll be able to revisit this in the future! On that note, three days remain to support the launch of GLAS Animation Festival 2020. This is a great festival and has nearly achieved the KS goal!

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/719366

This is fucking awesome dude.

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 19:32:01

I know the answer to this but to be sure, we can submit multiple entries yeah?

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 20:06:06

Gonna be busy, but damn I am still absolutely gonna try and at least make a spooky drawing. Although if I have enough time, a creepy animation would be cool to do 🤔

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 20:25:07

At 9/16/19 07:32 PM, Sevi wrote: I know the answer to this but to be sure, we can submit multiple entries yeah?

Yup!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 20:26:22

At 9/16/19 08:25 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/16/19 07:32 PM, Sevi wrote: I know the answer to this but to be sure, we can submit multiple entries yeah?
Yup!

That's awesome! I was wondering about that myself.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 20:26:54

At 9/16/19 04:15 PM, Fro wrote:
At 9/16/19 03:56 PM, TomFulp wrote:
I've recently received a standing desk this last Friday in my office and it's been a huge help to my lower back and hip. I recommend it.

Also, is it too late for me to draft up a writing competition draft by tomorrow?

i can totally update to include a writing contest!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 20:56:58

Hope you recover fast! Time for the spooks!!

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 21:24:46

At 9/16/19 02:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: Release your entry any time between now and October 31st and tag it with "halloween2019" to participate.

Wow my timing is awful.

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-16 23:13:48

Been on Newgrounds for a long time and have only recently decided to actually make some stuff. This might be the perfect opportunity to put more things out there!

Favourite season, favourite site. Gonna be a damn good time.

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-17 00:11:59

I love Halloween. Can't wait to see what it will bring this year.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-17 09:19:41

Old man Tom's back giving out, next thing you know it he'll be yelling at those damn kids on his lawn with their hip young New Grounds dot Com

Good.

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-17 13:23:08

I'll try and upload a spooky production!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-17 15:24:58

i think alicemako said they do some yoga poses every morning or it starts to get tough throughout the day doing whatever, i also vouch for yoga. if u get comfortable with it hot yoga is absolutely savage and will make you some trans dimensional warrior being

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-17 15:40:31

At 9/17/19 03:24 PM, Boss wrote: i think alicemako said they do some yoga poses every morning or it starts to get tough throughout the day doing whatever, i also vouch for yoga. if u get comfortable with it hot yoga is absolutely savage and will make you some trans dimensional warrior being

I actually do hatha and ashtanga yoga every week, which makes it all the more frustrating to have these issues now.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-17 16:04:59

At 9/17/19 03:40 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/17/19 03:24 PM, Boss wrote: i think alicemako said they do some yoga poses every morning or it starts to get tough throughout the day doing whatever, i also vouch for yoga. if u get comfortable with it hot yoga is absolutely savage and will make you some trans dimensional warrior being
I actually do hatha and ashtanga yoga every week, which makes it all the more frustrating to have these issues now.

there's some people who's work stations i've seen that can raise and lower their desks from standing to sitting with minimal effort, it just kinda snaps and locks. That way you can stand and then lower to sitting if need be, kind of trading off. Also does your back make creaky noises? could make a song out of it for the spooktacular.

None

Response to Halloween Spooktacular 2019 2019-09-17 16:11:31

At 9/17/19 04:04 PM, Luis wrote:
At 9/17/19 03:40 PM, TomFulp wrote:
there's some people who's work stations i've seen that can raise and lower their desks from standing to sitting with minimal effort, it just kinda snaps and locks. That way you can stand and then lower to sitting if need be, kind of trading off. Also does your back make creaky noises? could make a song out of it for the spooktacular.

Yeah I would like one that transitions if I get one. My back sounds aren't interesting enough to make a song from.

BBS Signature