00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 192 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Collaborate on Pimps Quest 2!

286 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Collaborate on Pimps Quest 2! 2019-09-16 01:20:27

Hey guys, I announced Pimps Quest 2 last week and I want the community to get involved.

These positions are all un-paid as this game is not made for profit, I am not expecting expert quality, just want to work with people who want to help make an awesome game to tribute a fallen legend. There’s no ego here, even the smallest amount of contributes will get you into the credits!

I am accepting anything from the community, however these are roles I need filled;

Voice actresses:

Any voices are welcome! Especially feminine sounding voices to voice the women. No strict guidelines apart from being English speaking and having a semi decent mic. I will share the story and characters at a later date, just know that I will need both males and females.

Musicians:

I want to source all the music for the game from Newgrounds! I am looking for “Funky” music that fits a Pimp, also old school hip hop beats are welcome. If you think you have music that will be a good fit hit me up! (Bonus points if then song is already on the Audio Portal).

Beta testers:

Love bug chasing?(ew that came out wrong) well then you can help by playing early builds of the game I’ve already put up a tech demo of the engine here and you’re welcome to try it out and leave any feedback of problems you may have found.

Again, this game is not for profit and I am treating it like an open source project, so if you have any other skills you’d like to donate, like art, puzzle design, game design, writing or even programming, feel free to reach out to me.

I am looking into open source licences that will respect the artist rights whiles keeping the software 100% open. If you have experience with this then please reachout to me.

This is my first time working on such an open game so please be patient with me as I sort this out, no hard deadlines and no stress.

Response to Collaborate on Pimps Quest 2! 2019-09-16 01:29:28

I gotcha covered on some male and female voices if you'll accept my offer. (My spouse and I)

BBS Signature

Response to Collaborate on Pimps Quest 2! 2019-09-17 10:33:19

I can possibly help you with a male voice, and I'm also willing to help as a bug tester.

Have a nice day! Cheers!

Response to Collaborate on Pimps Quest 2! 2019-10-28 11:38:55

I love chasing bugs! Is there any way I could help with beta testing?

BBS Signature

Response to Collaborate on Pimps Quest 2! 2019-10-28 11:53:51

At 10/28/19 11:38 AM, SylveonFP wrote: I love chasing bugs! Is there any way I could help with beta testing?

Yes! Once the Pimps Quest 2 page is live I can invite you as a beta tester. In the meanwhile feel free to play the tech demo and see what bugs are in that since the full game will use the same base engine!

Response to Collaborate on Pimps Quest 2! 2019-11-01 22:19:03

At 10/28/19 11:53 AM, Jamessimo wrote:
At 10/28/19 11:38 AM, SylveonFP wrote: I love chasing bugs! Is there any way I could help with beta testing?
Yes! Once the Pimps Quest 2 page is live I can invite you as a beta tester. In the meanwhile feel free to play the tech demo and see what bugs are in that since the full game will use the same base engine!

I found one but I'm not sure if it's already fixed or has been reported yet. Shall I PM you about it?

BBS Signature

Response to Collaborate on Pimps Quest 2! 2019-11-15 11:55:00

Response to Collaborate on Pimps Quest 2! 2019-11-20 08:28:38

At 11/1/19 10:19 PM, thomasisnthere wrote:
At 10/28/19 11:53 AM, Jamessimo wrote:
I found one but I'm not sure if it's already fixed or has been reported yet. Shall I PM you about it?

Thanks! In the current build I think I know all the open bugs, I will make a post here when the new build is ready for testing!

At 11/15/19 11:55 AM, Tchumi wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/892519 can do music 2 (=

Love your voice! I will reach out when I have some lines written for you. Could you imitate Hoochs voice from PQ1?

Response to Collaborate on Pimps Quest 2! 2019-11-20 08:33:20

sure do you have discord ?