00:00
00:00

Restraining Order??

521 Views | 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-09 06:48:07


At 9/8/19 06:29 PM, Boss wrote:
At 9/8/19 05:11 PM, AdventVoice wrote:
At 9/8/19 03:05 PM, Boss wrote: I think generally restraining orders are expensive... if its a coworker i would warn everyone else if it seems serious and find a new job. If its a neighbor i would move and warn anyone in the neighborhood you know. If you feel set on proving this dude is a threat or some shit collect evidence and documentation, or hire a private eye or some shit.
probably avoiding is the best method
I have tried the avoiding thing for a year and a half. I am going on two years of knowing the guy and hearing the same stories around town. It is like he is psyching himself up and when he came to me the other day talking about how he is still angry with me, but can't explain why he hates me, I am thinking to myself, I might need to get a restraining order.
If this dude has guns and wont stalk you then i would maybe move to another city, if he would maybe even go to the lengths of stalking you should record everytime he interacts with you, record people talking about him psyching himself up, find a way to report him as a danger, it sounds like maybe its serious


So more evidence and a few eye witness reports, then file the report. Ok, thank you for the advice. Should I use cell-phone information as well? I tried to Been Verify him, but there is nothing on him, I mean he does not have a place to live, his last known address, he has not been there forever. He is just a wandering vagabond that happened to come my way looking for work, and because he refused to work, was fired, and now won't leave. Sigh.

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-09 06:49:28


At 9/8/19 06:15 PM, JosephStarr wrote:
At 9/8/19 06:00 PM, AdventVoice wrote:
At 9/8/19 05:48 PM, JosephStarr wrote: Also, calling them a possible mass murderer is a serious accusation.
Do you have any hard evidence to back this up besides hearsay?

You could be getting yourself in more trouble than them with an accusation like that, the main thing being slander.
Your right...so they have not done anything crazy and it was wrong of me to suggest something like that, be he has said he wanted to fight me, without explaining why he hates me besides some idea of me having a level of happiness he does not have and it made me think about the minds of mass shooters and I have formed this idea that someone only attacks innocent people like that out of jealous rages or insecurity and he has shown a lot of that against me. But no hard evidence, just observations of him in the past year and a half and never knowing what he is thinking and why he dislikes me.
You have to be careful with anything resembling hearsay or character evidence.

Most courts don't allow it to be admitted as evidence during pre-trial, and will usually be dismissed if it comes up during the trial. That's if something like this would even be taken to the level of an actual trial.

However, it goes to show how far that kind of "evidence" will get you in any legal matter.
Not very far.

I think I legally have to say this:
I am not an attorney, I have no law school experience, do not take this as official legal advice.


I don't take it as such, but appreciate the jester none-the-less. Your a good guy!

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-09 14:59:54


At 9/9/19 06:48 AM, AdventVoice wrote:
At 9/8/19 06:29 PM, Boss wrote:
At 9/8/19 05:11 PM, AdventVoice wrote:
At 9/8/19 03:05 PM, Boss wrote: I think generally restraining orders are expensive... if its a coworker i would warn everyone else if it seems serious and find a new job. If its a neighbor i would move and warn anyone in the neighborhood you know. If you feel set on proving this dude is a threat or some shit collect evidence and documentation, or hire a private eye or some shit.
probably avoiding is the best method
I have tried the avoiding thing for a year and a half. I am going on two years of knowing the guy and hearing the same stories around town. It is like he is psyching himself up and when he came to me the other day talking about how he is still angry with me, but can't explain why he hates me, I am thinking to myself, I might need to get a restraining order.
If this dude has guns and wont stalk you then i would maybe move to another city, if he would maybe even go to the lengths of stalking you should record everytime he interacts with you, record people talking about him psyching himself up, find a way to report him as a danger, it sounds like maybe its serious
So more evidence and a few eye witness reports, then file the report. Ok, thank you for the advice. Should I use cell-phone information as well? I tried to Been Verify him, but there is nothing on him, I mean he does not have a place to live, his last known address, he has not been there forever. He is just a wandering vagabond that happened to come my way looking for work, and because he refused to work, was fired, and now won't leave. Sigh.


Sounds like youre more qualified to collect evidence than I am at this point. Idk what been verify is! Lol


https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-09 17:10:11


https://twitter.com/BeenVerified <<< is an interesting little site that allows users to find people they have not seen or heard of in years. If those they are looking for have left a digital or State paper trail, this little monster can find it. Sometimes they miss but for the most part, the thicker your online foot print, the easier you are to track down.


Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-09 20:53:39


@AdventVoice


Care to comment on if you will be getting a cat or not? I'm the only person you didn't reply to, so I thought I would give you a nudge in case you didn't notice my posts.


BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-10 05:29:49


If you can prove he is a risk to your safety i assume you could, i dont know the laws in wherever you are im in Australia, but if this guys a risk to you or your family get a court order!!!

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-10 06:43:39


At 9/10/19 05:29 AM, Soundslave wrote: If you can prove he is a risk to your safety i assume you could, i dont know the laws in wherever you are im in Australia, but if this guys a risk to you or your family get a court order!!!


You know, I have lived my life, telling people to handle their own issues with people. To keep the State out of their affairs, and if there is an altercation with someone talk it out and work it out with them without calling the police, etc. Or if someone wants to fight over non-sense, better to have it out and be done with it. That is what I used to say, but with this one I don't know. I apologized for whatever wrong I might have caused him. I told him, he has no need of fear from me, I won't do him any harm and I am willing to talk. Yet still he spoke as if he wanted to fight me. Was goading me into being the one to throw the first punch. So I will lose my job. He will have my position and suggest my short temper, my past and my color suggests I was not capable in the first place for my job. That is a reason to me for the court order. Not so much that I fear for my life or the life of those around me, but the idea that after I could have sworn we ended this conversation a year and a half ago, it still comes up only a few days ago and I don't know to what extent he would go to prove he is better, wiser, faster, stronger or deadlier than me.

I am a rather intimidating guy and I have used that a lot to my advantage to negotiate fair terms for myself in life and when intimidation no longer works, fists must fly and if that does not work, well...violence typically escalates upon itself. I have rarely seen a time when someone just says, "Ok I am tired now and you have won the argument due to my fatigue."

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-10 06:50:23


At 9/9/19 08:53 PM, Belthagor wrote: @AdventVoice

Care to comment on if you will be getting a cat or not? I'm the only person you didn't reply to, so I thought I would give you a nudge in case you didn't notice my posts.


LMAO. I am sorry for not commenting on this. Well just so you know, I have two cats that I feed every morning and keep me wonderfully satisfied as far as company. Them and the 15-20 goats I have. Despite having such a peace loving animal and two at that, I find peace is still rather difficult to maintain if no one else wants it. I love Cutie and Strip. They are my cats. Every morning I wake up and go out side for a smoke and there they are waiting for a few shakes of cat food and a few nudges under the chin. Yet they two are sure that the peace we have will only last if I am the first to strike fear into the hearts of my enemies. Cutie loves to eat the rats and stray birds that sit too long around the house. Strip loves birds, rats, lizards, frogs, possums, and fighting raccoons. That was funny to me when I saw it the first time. I was kind of afraid for him, cause that raccoon was so big and they have rabies but Stripe was fine, took him to the vet and there was no damage to him. Yes my cats are wonderful.

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-10 11:42:49


At 9/8/19 05:17 PM, AdventVoice wrote: Never carries his load and tries to use the idea of 'turning the other cheek,'' to mean, he can steal from me, he can rob me, he could shoot me and say he is sorry and I am supposed to forgive him, cause I am Christian. FUCK THAT NOISE!!! I GET PISSED EVERY TIME I THINK ABOUT IT!!!


That's exactly what being a Christian means, though.


Christ let himself be murdered.


That's the christian way. If you're not willing to forgive someone, even if they murder you, you're not following Christ's example, because He did exactly that on the cross.


At 9/10/19 06:43 AM, AdventVoice wrote: I am a rather intimidating guy and I have used that a lot to my advantage to negotiate fair terms for myself in life and when intimidation no longer works, fists must fly and if that does not work, well...violence typically escalates upon itself. I have rarely seen a time when someone just says, "Ok I am tired now and you have won the argument due to my fatigue."


Honestly I think you only want to fight this guy because he's smaller than you and you think you could hurt him without getting hurt.


I'm smelling tinges of "I must beat up this Satanist to prove I am Christain" even though the bible clearly states if someone isn't open to the gospel, you should leave them alone, in fact, leaving so fast that it


"And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet"-----Matthew 10:14


I really don't see how you consider yourself a "Christian" considering you neither follow Christ's example nor his Holy Word.


However, I do know that Satan always presents himself as a False (anti) Christ, and that seems to be the path you are following.



My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.

HATE.

Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-10 12:24:36


At 9/10/19 11:42 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: However, I do know that Satan always presents himself as a False (anti) Christ, and that seems to be the path you are following.


Except on Newgrounds, because @Satan knows he needn't convince us any more.


You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-10 13:33:16


At 9/10/19 06:43 AM, AdventVoice wrote:
At 9/10/19 05:29 AM, Soundslave wrote: If you can prove he is a risk to your safety i assume you could, i dont know the laws in wherever you are im in Australia, but if this guys a risk to you or your family get a court order!!!
You know, I have lived my life, telling people to handle their own issues with people. To keep the State out of their affairs, and if there is an altercation with someone talk it out and work it out with them without calling the police, etc. Or if someone wants to fight over non-sense, better to have it out and be done with it. That is what I used to say, but with this one I don't know. I apologized for whatever wrong I might have caused him. I told him, he has no need of fear from me, I won't do him any harm and I am willing to talk. Yet still he spoke as if he wanted to fight me. Was goading me into being the one to throw the first punch. So I will lose my job. He will have my position and suggest my short temper, my past and my color suggests I was not capable in the first place for my job. That is a reason to me for the court order. Not so much that I fear for my life or the life of those around me, but the idea that after I could have sworn we ended this conversation a year and a half ago, it still comes up only a few days ago and I don't know to what extent he would go to prove he is better, wiser, faster, stronger or deadlier than me.
I am a rather intimidating guy and I have used that a lot to my advantage to negotiate fair terms for myself in life and when intimidation no longer works, fists must fly and if that does not work, well...violence typically escalates upon itself. I have rarely seen a time when someone just says, "Ok I am tired now and you have won the argument due to my fatigue."


baiting people to do stupid shit while being recorded works!

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-10 14:25:14


At 9/8/19 05:14 PM, AdventVoice wrote:
:
: I know. That is true. It could be a waste of time, but if he violates the restraining order and trespasses on my land...I am legally allowed to finish him off , before he attacks me, right? For trespassing??


You look like a coward and psycho yourself. 

  1. If you think that the dude is homeless, then why haven't you tried to contact the Salvation Army, Safe Harbor or some other local agency or nonprofit organization that works with the homeless or jobless? To help less fortunate, you know. 
  2. In a year and half or even two the dude didn't do anything violent? I never head of freaking abusers who would need to "psyche himself up" to actually abuse someone. He just slouches around you and grumbles? Because he's like jobless and destitute? Wow, sure half of 552,830 homeless in states probably potential shooters. He looks unpleasant, but not really violent. You asked in this thread whether you can shoot him for trespassing... Just because you don't like him. WTF?

If you super paranoid, to hire some private security company would be more civilized way to deal with it, than thinking of ways "to shoot someone first".

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-10 18:28:12


At 9/10/19 02:25 PM, Qamitiam wrote:
You look like a coward and psycho yourself. 
If you super paranoid, to hire some private security company would be more civilized way to deal with it, than thinking of ways "to shoot someone first".


Interesting. A coward? Because I insist on having the higher ground in an altercation with someone that has a problem with me though can give no evidence of provocation? I believe the proper word in this case would be prudence: Proverbs 22:3

The prudent sees the evil and hides himself, But the naive go on, and are punished for it. Proverbs 12:16

A fool's anger is known at once, But a prudent man conceals dishonor. Proverbs 14:18

The naive inherit foolishness, But the sensible are crowned with knowledge.

Prudence would suggest, if someone comes to you and says they wanted to goad you into an altercation but were angered because they could not get you to attack first, then one should turn away from his enemy or prepare to defend himself from the fool that has made his ire known. A man has a sword to your back and through Christian sensibility, you forgive his slanderous tongue, lazy disposition, and nihilistic notions that would tempt him to blame you for his misfortune and I am the coward and psycho because I shed light on it. Hardly. The title of this discourse is called "Restraining Order," meaning I have sought all known avenues to peaceably deter any threat to my person outside of hiring a private security company, which I would never do, and nothing has worked, because he came to me to share his ire. I did not seek him to question how he feels and why he is angry.


How can you call anyone a coward because they seek to deter the verbalized violence against their person without resulting to the need of violence?


It is not paranoia that drives my question. It is a search for truth:


Exodus 18:19-23

"Now listen to me: I will give you counsel, and God be with you. You be the people's representative before God, and you bring the disputes to God, then teach them the statutes and the laws, and make known to them the way in which they are to walk and the work they are to do. "Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens. 

"Let them judge the people at all times; and let it be that every major dispute they will bring to you, but every minor dispute they themselves will judge So it will be easier for you, and they will bear the burden with you. "If you do this thing and God so commands you, then you will be able to endure, and all these people also will go to their place in peace."


Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-10 18:31:59


Hmm...I typically just write down everything people say and mull over it in my journals, seeking to find the error and make the corrections as the come to me.


The one thing that I wish I had recorded was this idea that failure in life is ok and through the lessons learned of failure we can hope to gain something. It was his way of justifying his lack of work or desire to work and trying to say, though he is homeless it is ok and I should be ok with it, feed him, clothe him, care for him, not pressure him to work and let him live on my land without giving anything in return. I am glad I stopped that within a few months, had it persisted he would have sought to claim squatters rights.


Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-10 18:48:05


At 9/10/19 11:42 AM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 9/8/19 05:17 PM, AdventVoice wrote: Never carries his load and tries to use the idea of 'turning the other cheek,'' to mean, he can steal from me, he can rob me, he could shoot me and say he is sorry and I am supposed to forgive him, cause I am Christian. FUCK THAT NOISE!!! I GET PISSED EVERY TIME I THINK ABOUT IT!!!
That's exactly what being a Christian means, though.

Christ let himself be murdered.

That's the christian way. If you're not willing to forgive someone, even if they murder you, you're not following Christ's example, because He did exactly that on the cross.

At 9/10/19 06:43 AM, AdventVoice wrote: I am a rather intimidating guy and I have used that a lot to my advantage to negotiate fair terms for myself in life and when intimidation no longer works, fists must fly and if that does not work, well...violence typically escalates upon itself. I have rarely seen a time when someone just says, "Ok I am tired now and you have won the argument due to my fatigue."
Honestly I think you only want to fight this guy because he's smaller than you and you think you could hurt him without getting hurt.

I'm smelling tinges of "I must beat up this Satanist to prove I am Christain" even though the bible clearly states if someone isn't open to the gospel, you should leave them alone, in fact, leaving so fast that it

"And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet"-----Matthew 10:14

I really don't see how you consider yourself a "Christian" considering you neither follow Christ's example nor his Holy Word.

However, I do know that Satan always presents himself as a False (anti) Christ, and that seems to be the path you are following.


I am a false believer because I do not condone murder, strife, violence against my person without seeking to defend the life promised to me, to have more abundantly of? Get out of here, lol. I don't want to beat him up because he is a satanist, I want to beat him up because he believes in attacking me, he can have what I have procured through my blood sweat and tears. He tells me failure in life is fine and mistakes or sin is there for us to learn from, we should accept it and not seek to achieve in this life, lest we are considered too worldly. I am a Christian and don't need to prove it through theological debate or letting some fuck me in the ass or rape in order to forgive them for their evil nature. That is not what being christian is about. Compassion, caring, charity and all of that is given to many even the unbeliever, but there is a standard held against those that would persist in their usury of another. I can't believe you would insist that if someone murdered, stole, robbed, or abused you, that you did not have the God given right to secure the promise land laid out for you by the keeper of your soul, who only wants the best for you. Who hates suicide and because he died for you, you don't have to wallow in your shame, sin, and depressive mindset.

In prior segments of this post, I clearly state that I have given the guy every avenue to succeed, I merely was not going to coddle his lazyness and he had to leave. He returned and desired to express his anger about how I handled him, yet if a man will not work he will not eat: 2Thes 3:10. I have been through the mill of life myself and I have a heart for the homeless and the depressed, but my understanding of the bible and it's demand of us is to be the best we can be without bringing others down with us to achieve success. He was not giving me that. Comes to me and says he wants to fight me because I refuse to be friends with him. I won't drink with him. I won't party with him. I won't help him find work.

I stand on how I feel, weather you agree or not. I was not seeking to convert or preach to anyone, I merely desired to know, as a Christian should I place a restraining order on someone who desires to be the bane of existence for sensible people. You say I am to forgive, and I say I have, does not mean I have to be around him. Ever.

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-10 18:49:05


At 9/10/19 12:24 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 9/10/19 11:42 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: However, I do know that Satan always presents himself as a False (anti) Christ, and that seems to be the path you are following.
Except on Newgrounds, because @Satan knows he needn't convince us any more.


No one has to convince anyone of anything. I would never seek to preach here on Newgrounds...free forum for anyone to comment as they choose. Love you guys!

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-11 10:34:03


At 9/8/19 05:14 PM, AdventVoice wrote:
: I know. That is true. It could be a waste of time, but if he violates the restraining order and trespasses on my land...I am legally allowed to finish him off , before he attacks me, right? For trespassing??

At 9/10/19 06:28 PM, AdventVoice wrote:
: Interesting. A coward? Because I insist on having the higher ground in an altercation with someone that has a problem with me though can give no evidence of provocation? I believe the proper word in this case would be prudence: Proverbs 22:3
: The prudent sees the evil and hides himself, But the naive go on, and are punished for it. Proverbs 12:16
: A fool's anger is known at once, But a prudent man conceals dishonor. Proverbs 14:18
:
: How can you call anyone a coward because they seek to deter the verbalized violence against their person without resulting to the need of violence?
:
: It is not paranoia that drives my question. It is a search for truth


I quoted what you said just in that reply. You expressed desire to shoot that dude without legal consequences for yourself. That is cowardice, as plain as it can be. Stop trying to hide yourself behind your religion and excuses. Your actions are your own responsibility and your shit is not gonna smell like roses from citing a bible. You don't have any solid evidence that that dude is harmful. He apparently hadn't abuse anyone in those almost two years he has been around you. All your "proof" is your imagination and idle gossips. He talks shit - wow, what an excuse to label him straight as a murderer. More over, you liked the idea, suggested in this thread, to provoke and frame the dude just for your convenience. Also, you indicated that he is of different race than you, which quite explains why you so hostile towards him. Why in all that time you had, you never asked that dude about his life and why he sticks around. Instead of talking to him, you tried to dig some shit on him covertly, via internet, and to your dismay you found nothing. Clap, clap, clap. I asked you, why you haven't tried to help the dude, not on your own but by finding organization that can help, - no answer, only some grumbling about how you don't want to help him and proud of it. Because he is of different race, isn't it? Freaking americans. Though helping him would be the best way to rid of him, you hate him too much to do that. Yeah, such a benevolent person you are (◔_◔).


Btw, causing injuries to anybody for trespassing usually is illegal despite that trespassing itself and homeless encampment on private property often are also illegal in states - you could talk to local attorney about it, to know for sure if that's your case. Though, you would need to have fences and "no trespassing" signs around the perimeter of your property and maybe even photo/video evidence of trespassing first. (But direct confrontation is unnecessary). Makes me wonder, why haven't you thought about this, or about calling the police instead of thinking if you can to shoot the dude.


People, who need help against verbal violence usually google "Tips for Dealing with Verbally Aggressive People". People, who have reasonable fear of being assaulted - hire bodyguards. People who want justify their own shittiness - create threads on internet forums, where they can find others, who would agree with them and make them feel right, even when they are not.

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-11 15:08:22


At 9/11/19 10:34 AM, Qamitiam wrote:

You did quote what I said, but added a few things in there I was not suggesting but you are right, I don't mind being on top of a situation before it is on top of me. That is called prudence, not cowardice. Anyway, to answer the second half of your question. Why did I not take him to the Salvation Army or a Shelter or something? I did. Dropped him off when after a year he proved to be a lazy bum. Then he came back, insisting as Christians we are obligated to care for him. Sorry, it does not work that way. There is a line that should be adhered to for anyone that prevents enabling slothfulness and usury. Not only physical lines like no trespassing signs and a strict adherence to the notion, "The man that does not work, does not eat," but also after verbal communication has proven to be futile and everything you say is turned around to ensure that no one is accountable save for the organization or person that sought to give aid and no expectancy of the individual to take that aid and make it grow, then like the bible says, "If your right hand offends you, cut it off," should be applied.


No one has to agree with me. I did not begin this forum seeking to find claps and applause for my behavior, and from your reaction I can see you would allow some one to abuse you, walk all over you, leave, only to come back and do it again, all in the name of peace and I promise you, that helps no one, not even the abuser.

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-11 15:32:30


At 9/11/19 10:34 AM, Qamitiam wrote:
I quoted what you said just in that reply. You expressed desire to shoot that dude without legal consequences for yourself. That is cowardice, as plain as it can be. Stop trying to hide yourself behind your religion and excuses. Your actions are your own responsibility and your shit is not gonna smell like roses from citing a bible. You don't have any solid evidence that that dude is harmful. He apparently hadn't abuse anyone in those almost two years he has been around you. All your "proof" is your imagination and idle gossips. He talks shit - wow, what an excuse to label him straight as a murderer. More over, you liked the idea, suggested in this thread, to provoke and frame the dude just for your convenience. Also, you indicated that he is of different race than you, which quite explains why you so hostile towards him. Why in all that time you had, you never asked that dude about his life and why he sticks around. Instead of talking to him, you tried to dig some shit on him covertly, via internet, and to your dismay you found nothing. Clap, clap, clap. I asked you, why you haven't tried to help the dude, not on your own but by finding organization that can help, - no answer, only some grumbling about how you don't want to help him and proud of it. Because he is of different race, isn't it? Freaking americans. Though helping him would be the best way to rid of him, you hate him too much to do that. Yeah, such a benevolent person you are (◔_◔).

Btw, causing injuries to anybody for trespassing usually is illegal despite that trespassing itself and homeless encampment on private property often are also illegal in states - you could talk to local attorney about it, to know for sure if that's your case. Though, you would need to have fences and "no trespassing" signs around the perimeter of your property and maybe even photo/video evidence of trespassing first. (But direct confrontation is unnecessary). Makes me wonder, why haven't you thought about this, or about calling the police instead of thinking if you can to shoot the dude.

People, who need help against verbal violence usually google "Tips for Dealing with Verbally Aggressive People". People, who have reasonable fear of being assaulted - hire bodyguards. People who want justify their own shittiness - create threads on internet forums, where they can find others, who would agree with them and make them feel right, even when they are not.


I said Finish him off. My finish move can be many different things, but I never said I was the aggressor or wanted aggression...I want to restrain the issue, not build on it. Lets make sure that is clear. Outside of that, I can't really argue with you, though you want to. LOL..it is just odd that you are not in favor or Restraining orders.