00:00
00:00

Restraining Order??

523 Views | 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 08:33:23


Can I put a restraining order on a person just because I don't like them, and feel any more close proximity around this person is going to lead into someone getting hurt, and because I don't want to deal them anymore can I make the State do it for me?

Can we call it mass-shooting-prevention. He might not have done it yet, but he is the type to do it. I feel like every picture of a mass-shooter has been his face and he is the poster child of the new uprising.

I know for a fact he is a weasel and I just don't like him. I just don't know if the courts will find that to be a good enough reason.I can go on and on about how much I can not stand to be around this person. There is an entire list of reasons as to why I would be doing the world a solid by beating him up and just being done with it...but I won't, I don't want to, it is not the Wild Wild West anymore and I am just getting old. At least that is what I tell myself. So if I feel a person is a bother, could harm those around him, and purposely, disrupt my peace and safety and it is all derived from the idea that I just don't like him. Can I put a restraining order out on him and demand of the State, a 500 feet barrier of verbalized agreement that if he violates that order, I have a right to absolve myself by any means necessary?

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 08:44:07 (edited 2019-09-08 08:44:37)


It depends very much on the state you live in. Some state require evidence of misconduct to grant you a restraning order against while others it can suffice to prover beyond resonable doubt that a restraning order is required. I'd suggest making some of your own research as for what goes in the state you live in to get a more concreate answer.


I'm going to die one day XD - Join the OFFICIAL MISMO DISCORD SERVER

BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 10:11:37


Either report him as a significant risk to undertake a mass shooting, or don’t waste the court’s time.


There is no grey-area to absolve you of guilt if they do something.


BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 10:18:13


I guess they are the same of injunction orders here. In this case, you will need to specify a party you wish to protect against and provide evidence why it is just to do so.

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 10:32:25


At 9/8/19 08:44 AM, Mismo wrote: while others it can suffice to prover beyond resonable doubt that a restraning order is required.


Beyond reasonable doubt is a very high standard of proof that is only required in criminal proceedings.

Applying for a restraining order is a civil action.

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 10:36:26


At 9/8/19 08:33 AM, AdventVoice wrote:
Can we call it mass-shooting-prevention. He might not have done it yet, but he is the type to do it. I feel like every picture of a mass-shooter has been his face and he is the poster child of the new uprising.


iu_53854_4200951.gif


BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 12:24:28


At 9/8/19 10:36 AM, Belthagor wrote:
At 9/8/19 08:33 AM, AdventVoice wrote:
Can we call it mass-shooting-prevention. He might not have done it yet, but he is the type to do it. I feel like every picture of a mass-shooter has been his face and he is the poster child of the new uprising.


Hey, this is no laughing matter. Kitties are dangerous.

iu_53877_2278460.gif


You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 12:28:15


At 9/8/19 12:24 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 9/8/19 10:36 AM, Belthagor wrote:
At 9/8/19 08:33 AM, AdventVoice wrote:
Can we call it mass-shooting-prevention. He might not have done it yet, but he is the type to do it. I feel like every picture of a mass-shooter has been his face and he is the poster child of the new uprising.
Hey, this is no laughing matter. Kitties are dangerous.


Just trying to lighten the mood, damned.


BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 13:38:42


It would be easier to hold your armor and be prepared to strike him first.

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 14:23:41


At 9/8/19 08:33 AM, AdventVoice wrote: Can I put a restraining order on a person just because I don't like them, and feel any more close proximity around this person is going to lead into someone getting hurt, and because I don't want to deal them anymore can I make the State do it for me?
Can we call it mass-shooting-prevention. He might not have done it yet, but he is the type to do it. I feel like every picture of a mass-shooter has been his face and he is the poster child of the new uprising.


Mass shooters tend to not follow laws, if he really is as you say.



<-.->

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 14:52:08


You could also try not being a punk-bitch.


BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 15:05:28


I think generally restraining orders are expensive... if its a coworker i would warn everyone else if it seems serious and find a new job. If its a neighbor i would move and warn anyone in the neighborhood you know. If you feel set on proving this dude is a threat or some shit collect evidence and documentation, or hire a private eye or some shit.

probably avoiding is the best method


https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 16:01:38 (edited 2019-09-08 16:06:26)


Unless you have legitimate reasons why they're a possible danger to you, innocent civilians, themselves, or society as a whole I wouldn't waste the State's time. You're also putting that person's privacy, freedom, and possibly their reputation in serious jeopardy at the same time.


If you simply don't like them and they're a loner with a suspicious face (in your opinion), that's not a reason to bother the already overburdened court system and potentially put that person's privacy/liberties on the line.


The state isn't your mother, unless they might seriously kill/harm somebody and you have strong character evidence (which courts don't allow most of the time) or physical evidence then you have no case imo.


At 9/8/19 12:24 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 9/8/19 10:36 AM, Belthagor wrote:
At 9/8/19 08:33 AM, AdventVoice wrote:
Can we call it mass-shooting-prevention. He might not have done it yet, but he is the type to do it. I feel like every picture of a mass-shooter has been his face and he is the poster child of the new uprising.
Hey, this is no laughing matter. Kitties are dangerous.

I don't want to ride where the lemonade is.

لن أريكم مكان صنع عصير الليمون. నిమ్మకాయ లేదు.

BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 16:20:44


Sure, get the order, people do it all the time. Shouldn't cost much, but have a short but concise list of reasons for the order. Cops aren't legally obliged to do anything regarding it, but it's a statement worth having on record.


Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 16:37:16 (edited 2019-09-08 16:37:36)


At 9/8/19 04:20 PM, VicariousE wrote: Sure, get the order, people do it all the time. Shouldn't cost much, but have a short but concise list of reasons for the order. Cops aren't legally obliged to do anything regarding it, but it's a statement worth having on record.


VicariousE, based on the last few replies after mine which are about cats I think we should all focus on the more important thing: What type of cat the original poster should buy and raise.


BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 16:49:53


At 9/8/19 04:37 PM, Belthagor wrote:
VicariousE, based on the last few replies after mine which are about cats I think we should all focus on the more important thing: What type of cat the original poster should buy and raise.


Known the OP a while, never thought about cat association... and don't buy a cat, shelter or off the street, world's most disposable pet sadly. Nah, can't think of a type of cat... maybe 2 legged one? Higher maintenance costs, kinda noisy


Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 16:59:52


At 9/8/19 04:49 PM, VicariousE wrote:
At 9/8/19 04:37 PM, Belthagor wrote:
VicariousE, based on the last few replies after mine which are about cats I think we should all focus on the more important thing: What type of cat the original poster should buy and raise.
Known the OP a while, never thought about cat association... and don't buy a cat, shelter or off the street, world's most disposable pet sadly. Nah, can't think of a type of cat... maybe 2 legged one? Higher maintenance costs, kinda noisy


I would recommend him a four legged, regular, Siamese cat.


BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 17:09:33


At 9/8/19 10:11 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Either report him as a significant risk to undertake a mass shooting, or don’t waste the court’s time.

There is no grey-area to absolve you of guilt if they do something.


Remember I don't like the guy, so my conscience is clear about the order, I am just wondering if I really need proof of harm before I place it. Like, do I have to wait for the guy to shoot first or strike first before I can be like, "See what I mean, this is what I was trying to avoid, and now it would be messed up of the court to take legal action against me, cause I chose to defend myself."

See what I mean...when is the right time to file?

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 17:11:34


At 9/8/19 03:05 PM, Boss wrote: I think generally restraining orders are expensive... if its a coworker i would warn everyone else if it seems serious and find a new job. If its a neighbor i would move and warn anyone in the neighborhood you know. If you feel set on proving this dude is a threat or some shit collect evidence and documentation, or hire a private eye or some shit.
probably avoiding is the best method


I have tried the avoiding thing for a year and a half. I am going on two years of knowing the guy and hearing the same stories around town. It is like he is psyching himself up and when he came to me the other day talking about how he is still angry with me, but can't explain why he hates me, I am thinking to myself, I might need to get a restraining order.

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 17:12:52


At 9/8/19 02:52 PM, wwwyzzerdd wrote: You could also try not being a punk-bitch.


I really don't like involving the State into my affairs. Honset I don't like the idea any more than you do. But if you were in my shoes and did not want to jump the gun and beat a guy cause he looked like he is willing to shoot you for no reason, and go to prison for a preemptive strike, would you not ask the question?

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 17:14:20


At 9/8/19 02:23 PM, Koshair wrote:
At 9/8/19 08:33 AM, AdventVoice wrote: Can I put a restraining order on a person just because I don't like them, and feel any more close proximity around this person is going to lead into someone getting hurt, and because I don't want to deal them anymore can I make the State do it for me?
Can we call it mass-shooting-prevention. He might not have done it yet, but he is the type to do it. I feel like every picture of a mass-shooter has been his face and he is the poster child of the new uprising.
Mass shooters tend to not follow laws, if he really is as you say.


I know. That is true. It could be a waste of time, but if he violates the restraining order and trespasses on my land...I am legally allowed to finish him off , before he attacks me, right? For trespassing??

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 17:14:55


At 9/8/19 10:32 AM, Sobolev wrote:
At 9/8/19 08:44 AM, Mismo wrote: while others it can suffice to prover beyond resonable doubt that a restraning order is required.
Beyond reasonable doubt is a very high standard of proof that is only required in criminal proceedings.
Applying for a restraining order is a civil action.


So I should do it?

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 17:17:41


At 9/8/19 10:18 AM, Sobolev wrote: I guess they are the same of injunction orders here. In this case, you will need to specify a party you wish to protect against and provide evidence why it is just to do so.


A party I wish to protect...at the moment is myself. I mean I live on 77 acres and care for one other person and some goats and there are two others that live here, but they act as if I should not care and because he is smaller than me, I should be nice, but he is a Satanist and thinks crazy shit and says it all the time. Never carries his load and tries to use the idea of 'turning the other cheek,'' to mean, he can steal from me, he can rob me, he could shoot me and say he is sorry and I am supposed to forgive him, cause I am Christian. FUCK THAT NOISE!!! I GET PISSED EVERY TIME I THINK ABOUT IT!!!

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 17:18:34


At 9/8/19 08:44 AM, Mismo wrote: It depends very much on the state you live in. Some state require evidence of misconduct to grant you a restraning order against while others it can suffice to prover beyond resonable doubt that a restraning order is required. I'd suggest making some of your own research as for what goes in the state you live in to get a more concreate answer.


Thank you that is something to consider before I talk to anyone else about it. Is Slander and Liable reason enough to file?

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 17:48:45 (edited 2019-09-08 17:51:20)


Also, calling them a possible mass murderer is a serious accusation.

Do you have any hard evidence to back this up besides hearsay?


You could be getting yourself in more trouble than them with an accusation like that, the main thing being slander.


I don't want to ride where the lemonade is.

لن أريكم مكان صنع عصير الليمون. నిమ్మకాయ లేదు.

BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 18:00:04


At 9/8/19 05:48 PM, JosephStarr wrote: Also, calling them a possible mass murderer is a serious accusation.
Do you have any hard evidence to back this up besides hearsay?

You could be getting yourself in more trouble than them with an accusation like that, the main thing being slander.


Your right...so they have not done anything crazy and it was wrong of me to suggest something like that, be he has said he wanted to fight me, without explaining why he hates me besides some idea of me having a level of happiness he does not have and it made me think about the minds of mass shooters and I have formed this idea that someone only attacks innocent people like that out of jealous rages or insecurity and he has shown a lot of that against me. But no hard evidence, just observations of him in the past year and a half and never knowing what he is thinking and why he dislikes me.

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 18:06:32


At 9/8/19 05:48 PM, JosephStarr wrote: Also, calling them a possible mass murderer is a serious accusation.
Do you have any hard evidence to back this up besides hearsay?

You could be getting yourself in more trouble than them with an accusation like that, the main thing being slander.


He just makes me feel as if I am Adam Cartwright from Bonanza and because I have land, peace and security and because he does not know how to achieve what I have, he'd be willing to hold me up at gun point, just cause I flashed a pretty smile. I mean it has been a tough year and a half of never knowing what he will say and when he does say something it is like, "I am not racist, I have a 'colored-television,' " or you know he is the kind to rape a guy in the ass and then charge them for homophobia because they tried to fight him off. I tell you the guy is a Satanist and a Sadist and I have felt a need to knock him out several times because his idea of peace is purely, "I must agree with him, or I am his enemy," He has zero concept of compromise or kindness, and because he has never received it, thinks everyone owes him something. Because I was not willing to give him anything for free, he hates me. Because I demanded work from him and he did not deliver and was fired by my higher ups, I am the one he antagonizes. I just wanted to be preemptive and make sure he is far from me when the bullets fly.

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 18:15:33 (edited 2019-09-08 18:19:51)


At 9/8/19 06:00 PM, AdventVoice wrote:
At 9/8/19 05:48 PM, JosephStarr wrote: Also, calling them a possible mass murderer is a serious accusation.
Do you have any hard evidence to back this up besides hearsay?

You could be getting yourself in more trouble than them with an accusation like that, the main thing being slander.
Your right...so they have not done anything crazy and it was wrong of me to suggest something like that, be he has said he wanted to fight me, without explaining why he hates me besides some idea of me having a level of happiness he does not have and it made me think about the minds of mass shooters and I have formed this idea that someone only attacks innocent people like that out of jealous rages or insecurity and he has shown a lot of that against me. But no hard evidence, just observations of him in the past year and a half and never knowing what he is thinking and why he dislikes me.


You have to be careful with anything resembling hearsay or character evidence.


Most courts don't allow it to be admitted as evidence during pre-trial, and will usually be dismissed if it comes up during the trial. That's if something like this would even be taken to the level of an actual trial.


However, it goes to show how far that kind of "evidence" will get you in any legal matter.

Not very far.


I think I legally have to say this:
I am not an attorney, I have no law school experience, do not take this as official legal advice.

I don't want to ride where the lemonade is.

لن أريكم مكان صنع عصير الليمون. నిమ్మకాయ లేదు.

BBS Signature

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 18:29:03


At 9/8/19 05:11 PM, AdventVoice wrote:
At 9/8/19 03:05 PM, Boss wrote: I think generally restraining orders are expensive... if its a coworker i would warn everyone else if it seems serious and find a new job. If its a neighbor i would move and warn anyone in the neighborhood you know. If you feel set on proving this dude is a threat or some shit collect evidence and documentation, or hire a private eye or some shit.
probably avoiding is the best method
I have tried the avoiding thing for a year and a half. I am going on two years of knowing the guy and hearing the same stories around town. It is like he is psyching himself up and when he came to me the other day talking about how he is still angry with me, but can't explain why he hates me, I am thinking to myself, I might need to get a restraining order.


If this dude has guns and wont stalk you then i would maybe move to another city, if he would maybe even go to the lengths of stalking you should record everytime he interacts with you, record people talking about him psyching himself up, find a way to report him as a danger, it sounds like maybe its serious


https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Restraining Order?? 2019-09-08 20:53:28


If a shooting did happen, we're already prepared for the aftermath. I got my first aid kit full of "hopeful thoughts" and "loving prayers" to help with the situation, then after a few hours of the tragedy I'll ignore the problem and wait for the next one, along with everybody else.


BBS Signature